Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,367 members, 7,864,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN (39445 Views)

Change: World Now Listens When Nigeria Speaks (Photo) / Caption This Photo, World Now Listen When Nigeria Speaks (CHANGE) ??? / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by pazienza(m): 2:36am On Oct 24, 2013
porka:

Christianity is equal to homosexuality?

Or what?

Can we also infer that Americans and Europeans oppose to Islamic Jihad currently will die off and their descendants will accept it in a generation or two?

Christianity was once a foreign import,just like homosexualism, hence the the comparision, no one is saying that they are the same.

American civilization is superior to that of arabs, there is no reason whatsoever for future americans to throw away their ways for that of an inferior people.

On the other hand, Nigeria is inferior to america on all fields of human endeavour, one doesn't need a prophet to predict what group culture will end up on top at the end.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by pazienza(m): 2:40am On Oct 24, 2013
Incest is business of the government, cos offspring from such unions are likely to have genetic defects, which can affect the future generation of the country, and may even increase the government's health expenditure. We can't say the same of homosexual relationships.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by adconline(m): 2:44am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

Where are you seeing people blaming homosexuals for everything?

We have 99 problems in Naija gay ain't one. We can't be distracted with gay issues when have a lot of issues affecting Naija. Instead of preaching to the West, why don't we show them how we have tackled corruption? How we have raised standard of living; how we have made our country a shinning example. How would this issue solve lack of access to clean portable to 83% of our population? Where is our moral compass when we have the highest child illiteracy rate in the world? Highest child mortarlity rate in the world? Shouldn't the "good" we demand from others start from us? Naija is a sovereign state so it cannot be detected to by other countries, but charity starts at home!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 2:46am On Oct 24, 2013
36STATES:

My instict is always to accept whatever majority of Nigerians oppose and reject whatever they accept. You don't need a rocket scientist to prove to you that Nigeria doesn't move with the rest of the civilized world. I am sure the rest of the civilized world laughed at our delegation for their infantile arguement for declaring war on gays while the whole country is in darkness because of lack of electricity which Ghana have been enjoying non stop for the past 12 years. It is through issues like these that one begins to realise the level of rot in our educational system and the damage it has wrought. This country called Nigeria is inhabited by the lowest form of human life, you see it by the level of greed and corruption accross the nation. I bet you, it is only in Nigeria and few medeaval countries like Agfanistan, Pakistan, Yemen etc, that 92% of the population will be against homosexual reletionship.

Russia (USSR) sent the first human being to space.

It is medieval too right?

So homosexuality will save your masters from their economic bankruptcy now right?

And it's what has given Ghana her 12 year non-stop electricity right?

Oh, your slave masters' educational system is so good that you their product is perpetually seeking your identity.

Their brainwash programs are so successful on you that they've turned you to a sub-human who believe only things coming from them are good, more like a tamed primate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by MissEZ(f): 2:48am On Oct 24, 2013
adconline:

We have 99 problems in Naija gay ain't one. We can't be distracted with gay issues when have a lot of issues affecting Naija. Instead of preaching to the West, why don't we show them how we have tackled corruption? How we have raised standard of living; how we have made our country a shinning example. How would this issue solve lack of access to clean portable to 83% of our population? Where is our moral compass when we have the highest child illiteracy rate in the world? Highest child mortarlity rate in the world? Shouldn't the "good" we demand from others start from us? Naija is a sovereign state so it cannot be detected to by other countries, but charity starts at home!

Oi, God bless you. This was the point i made in my original post. Nigeria has way too much problems to be majoring on homosexuality.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Bpriest(m): 2:53am On Oct 24, 2013
Miss EZ:

Oi, God bless you. This was the point i made in my original post. Nigeria has way too much problems to be majoring on homosexuality.
we have to start somewhere. When we Want to tackle embezzlement you guys ask for healthcare , when we want to fix the education sector, you guys talk about roads.na wa ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by pazienza(m): 2:54am On Oct 24, 2013
porka:

Cocaine, heroine and other hard drug use is also the trend worldwide, anyone with one trillionth a brain will know that.

So also credit card fraud, terrorism, gun violence etc.

NDLEA will soon relax its rules, Nigeria Police will soon be disbanded while the Nigerian A r m e d Forces would be converted to farmers to the dismay of our forefathers.

You are comparing sleep with death.

Another wrong analogy. Cocain and heroine are drugs of addiction, they render the addicts useless, and incapable of taking care of themselves and unemployable, there by reducing the country's labour force, it also makes the addicts liable to crime and pose danger to others and to themselves, so these drugs are a serious concern for any responsible government.

Homosexualism and other things she mentioned there have no such effects on citizens, as those that engage in them are still active members of the country's work force, and pose no danger to themselves or to others, so no responsible government will care about such things.

Arm robbers pose danger to the lives of other good citizens, homosexuals or a woman who is on mini skirk doesn't, so i don't really know how you brought arm robbers into this.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 2:55am On Oct 24, 2013
pazienza: Incest is business of the government, cos offspring from such unions are likely to have genetic effects, which can affect the future generation of the country, and may even increase the government'ss health expenditure. We can't say the same of homosexual relationships.

You said "likely" meanwhile.

Did you hear yourself?

You are justifying government clampdown on i n c e s t u o u s relationships because of a "likely" genetic effects on future generation of a country, while homosexuality should be excused because of what? They produce good children right?

Confusion at Ojuelegba here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 2:57am On Oct 24, 2013
Miss EZ:

And then we should just add homosexuality to the myriads of problems we have?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by MissEZ(f): 2:57am On Oct 24, 2013
Bpriest: we have to start somewhere. When we Want to tackle embezzlement you guys ask for healthcare , when we want to fix the education sector, you guys talk about roads.na wa ?

Agreed, please start somewhere. Can we start from a place that actually has a great impact on the economy and the lives of citizens. Please start by addressing ASUU strike, Too much? okay how about electricity that was promised years ago, still too much? Okay lets do employment, no? Well how about healthcare...still not feeling it? Okay lets do corruption, still no deal? You see, the options for starting points are endless, but Nigerian government chose the most insignificant to start on. It is well o.

At Porka, Back to my first and original point. There are more important issues that Nigeria could focus on that will directly improve the lives of Nigerians. Can they address the issue of homosexuality? Of course. Is it of great importance right now? NO

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by pazienza(m): 2:59am On Oct 24, 2013
porka:

You said "likely" meanwhile.

Did you hear yourself?

You are justifying government clampdown on i n c e s t u o u s relationships because of a "likely" genetic effects on future generation of a country, while homosexuality should be excused because of what? They produce good children right?

Confusion at Ojuelegba here.

That incest has the capability of producing offsprings with genetic defects is a fact. Tell me the dangers that homosexualism pose to the nigerian economy and to non homosexuals.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 2:59am On Oct 24, 2013
pazienza:

Another wrong analogy. Cocain and heroine are drugs of addiction, they render the addicts useless, and incapable of taking care of themselves and unemployable, there by reducing the country's labour force, it also makes the addicts liable to crime and pose danger to others and to themselves, so these drugs are a serious concern for any responsible government.

Homosexualism and other things she mentioned there have no such effects on citizens, as those that engage in them are still active members of the country's work force, and pose no danger to themselves or to others, so no responsible government will care about such things.

Arm robbers pose danger to the lives of other good citizens, homosexuals or a woman who is on mini skirk doesn't, so i don't really no how you brought arm robbers into this.

Read it very well you will know.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 3:01am On Oct 24, 2013
pazienza:

That incest has the capability of producing offsprings with genetic defects is a fact. Tell me the dangers that homosexualism pose to the nigerian economy and to non homosexuals.

Do homosexual have children genetic defect or not?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by pazienza(m): 3:07am On Oct 24, 2013
porka:

Spartacus
was designed to achieved this.

It failed woefully.

The youth are even more resentful of homosexuality in Nigeria.

Conduct your own survey.

Nigeria's government should be commended for making it a legal issue otherwise, Indian r a p e issue would be a child's play.

Spartacus was set on roman empire era, the makers of that movie were simply trying to show how roman empire was in those days, they were not going to hide the truth,(which was that homosexual relationships existed in roman era, along side heterosexual relationships)just to please homophobes like you.

By the way, who told you that movie was made for homophobic nigerian audience, you think they would spend such money they did in that movie,if their target audience was homophobic Africans, when they know that you guys will just buy one original copy and alaba boys will pirate the rest. Funny Nigerians, imagine spartacus being made just for them, you must think you are important. *grins*

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by MissEZ(f): 3:08am On Oct 24, 2013
porka:

Do homosexual have children generic defect or not?

One of the downsides to homosexuality is they cannot have kids. If everyone was a homosexual and people refused to be surrogates, human beings will go extinct. That to me is a bigger case against homosexuality outside of religious beliefs.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by pazienza(m): 3:13am On Oct 24, 2013
porka:

Do homosexual have children generic defect or not?

Homosexuals relationships can't procreate, so the issue of children with genetic defects does not arise.

Homosexualism apart from disgusting homophobes has no effect whatsoever on the economy of a country or well being of a heterosexual.

The only crime of homosexualism is that it is disgusting to homophobes, every other argument homophobes put forward is to cover that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 3:14am On Oct 24, 2013
Miss EZ:

One of the downsides to homosexuality is they cannot have kids. If everyone was a homosexual and people refused to be surrogates, human beings will go extinct. That to me is a bigger case for homosexuality outside of religious beliefs.

For or against?

Meanwhile, your friend didn't get the point.

He brought an argument about the future generation for opposing i n c e s t because of genetic defect and can't even see that homosexuals cannot even produce children not to talk of defect or no defect.

Which one endangers humanity more?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 3:16am On Oct 24, 2013
Miss EZ:

Agreed, please start somewhere. Can we start from a place that actually has a great impact on the economy and the lives of citizens. Please start by addressing ASUU strike, Too much? okay how about electricity that was promised years ago, still too much? Okay lets do employment, no? Well how about healthcare...still not feeling it? Okay lets do corruption, still no deal? You see, the options for starting points are endless, but Nigerian government chose the most insignificant to start on. It is well o.

At Porka, Back to my first and original point. There are more important issues that Nigeria could focus on that will directly improve the lives of Nigerians. Can they address the issue of homosexuality? Of course. Is it of great importance right now? NO

We should just fold our arms because? No, we won't.

These are just lame excuses.

What is the economic importance of allowing homosexuality in Nigeria?

Will it solve unemployment, corruption, health care, insecurity etc problems?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by MissEZ(f): 3:21am On Oct 24, 2013
porka:

For or against?

Meanwhile, your friend didn't get the point.

He brought an argument about the future generation for opposing i n c e s t because of genetic defect and can't even see that homosexuals cannot even produce children not to talk of defect or no defect.

Which one endangers humanity more?

I meant against. Pardon my error.

Okay so the guy you are conversing with is not my friend. In case you haven't noticed, i am big on defining my relationships with people.

To your last point in your more recent post. Homosexuality is of no economic importance to Nigeria, and that is why i said it should not have gotten the amount of attention it did. Why? because we have bigger fish to fry.

At the end of the day, it doesnt really matter what i think about the law. It is already in place. For me, the only thing that homosexuality and the law has in common is that i do not support either of them. To each their own. I still think there are more important issues that the Nigerian Government can address.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 3:28am On Oct 24, 2013
pazienza:

Homosexuals relationships can't procreate, so the issue of children with genetic effects does not arise.

Homosexualism apart from disgusting homophobes has no effect whatsoever on the economy of a country or well being of a heterosexual.

The only crime of homosexualism is that it is disgusting to homophobes, every other argument homophobes put forward is to cover that.

This guy you are funny o.

Homosexuals can't procreate yet the economy is not affected?

Who will produce?

Aside that, have you heard of social conflicts before?

Does the economy thrive in social strife?

If 98% people say they don't want something and you want to impose it on them what economy do you want to run?

Or do you think economy is run by animals?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by pazienza(m): 3:30am On Oct 24, 2013
Miss EZ:

One of the downsides to homosexuality is they cannot have kids. If everyone was a homosexual and people refused to be surrogates, human beings will go extinct. That to me is a bigger case against homosexuality outside of religious beliefs.

Everyone cannot become homosexual, there is no evidence of more people becoming homosexuals in countries where homosexualism had been legalized.

As for the procretion part, if heterosexuals refuse to serve as surrogates for homosexuals, maybe the gays and lesibians can assist themselves. *grins*

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Bpriest(m): 3:31am On Oct 24, 2013
There are no homosexuals in Nigeria. let's stop this discussion, what oyinbos do or want to do with their butts don't concern us. The 150M Nigerians said no to homosexuality.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by MissEZ(f): 3:32am On Oct 24, 2013
pazienza:

Everyone cannot become homosexual, there is no evidence of more people becoming homosexuals in countries where homosexualism had been legalized.

As for the procretion part, if heterosexuals refuse to serve as surrogates for homosexuals, maybe the gays and lesibians can assist themselves. *grins*

Yep i know it is not possible, i was just trying to be funny

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by pazienza(m): 3:37am On Oct 24, 2013
porka:

This guy you are funny o.

Homosexuals can't procreate yet the economy is not affected?

Who will produce?

Aside that, have you heard of social conflicts before?

Does the economy thrive in social strife?

If 98% people say they don't want something and you want to impose it on them what economy do you want to run?

Or do you think economy run is by animals?

There is no imposition here, the only imposition going on here is that of a priviledged majority, trampling on defenseless minority.

Homosexuals are only asking you to live and let them live, they are not forcing you to be a homosexual or be their friends, how does that translate to imposition?

On procreation, Nigerian population is too much, so i don't think we are having population shortage like they have in singapore, even if we do, homosexuals can still procreate as they are not infertile, ever heard of artificial insemination?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Gudintent: 3:41am On Oct 24, 2013
kingoflag: . That being said, If the people of Nigeria say they dont want homose*xuality on their land, then I think that should be respected.

So whatever happened to the people of Nigeria saying they don't want corrupted and greedy leaders on 'their land' that deserves no respect ??

Hmm like some peeps have written, misplaced priority.

This thread stinks of hypocrisy, the hatred being spewed here is quite sad!

Live and let live.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by pazienza(m): 3:42am On Oct 24, 2013
Bpriest: There are no homosexuals in Nigeria. let's stop this discussion, what oyinbos do or want to do with their butts don't concern us. The 150M Nigerians said no to homosexuality.

You see the problem with Nigerians, they like living in denial, they think if they pray and believe the country will get better then the country gets better, even without action.

They believe that by wishing that homosexuals doesn't exist, they will stop existing. Sowie bro, homosexuals exist in Nigeria, and like you said, what they do with their buttts doesn't concern you, so just face your gal's yansh and let them be, how hard can that be?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Gudintent: 3:47am On Oct 24, 2013
^^^ grin grin @ 'face your gals yansh'

Fun to the NY grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 3:48am On Oct 24, 2013
Miss EZ:

I meant against. Pardon my error.

Okay so the guy you are conversing with is not my friend. In case you haven't noticed, i am big on defining my relationships with people.

To your last point in your more recent post. Homosexuality is of no economic importance to Nigeria, and that is why i said it should not have gotten the amount of attention it did. Why? because we have bigger fish to fry.

At the end of the day, it doesnt really matter what i think about the law. It is already in place. For me, the only thing that homosexuality and the law has in common is that i do not support either of them. To each their own. I still think there are more important issues that the Nigerian Government can address.

Lots of them. And we must continue to push them to address them squarely.

And I've not seen any of the areas you mentioned that government does not have legislation.

Nevertheless, no government or people relegate one issue to the background with the mind of coming to tackle it later when it would have been too late.

We have problems, but this is a problem as well, for us.

If you don't eat pork, either for social or religious reasons, and someone comes to your house knowing fully well that you don't eat, and brought pork into your kitchen and start telling you that you must eat, would you tell him okay I am coming, let me go and fetch water?

Or your grand father just died, and someone is telling you that cremation is now accepted worldwide therefore you must cremate his body, will you tell him to wait until you sort out your school fees?

You would certainly stand up to him.

Man is a social being, he lives and dies in a social environment. Some people don't know how Nigerians are wired.

Nigerians will never accept this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Bpriest(m): 3:51am On Oct 24, 2013
pazienza:

There is no imposition here, the only imposition going on here is that of a priviledged majority, trampling on defenseless minority.

Homosexuals are only asking you to live and let them live, they are not forcing you to be a homosexual or be their friends, how does that translate to imposition?

On procreation, Nigerian population is too much, so i don't think we are having population shortage like they have in singapore, even if we do, homosexuals can still procreate as they are not infertile, ever heard of artificial insemination?
who said Nigerian population is too much?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 3:52am On Oct 24, 2013
The laws of God and man is a system, it was never designed to have emotions but to pass absolute judgement...
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Bpriest(m): 3:54am On Oct 24, 2013
pazienza:

You see the problem with Nigerians, they like living in denial, they think if they pray and believe the country will get better then the country gets better, even without action.

They believe that by wishing that homosexuals doesn't exist, they will stop existing. Sowie bro, homosexuals exist in Nigeria, and like you said, what they do with their buttts doesn't concern you, so just face your gal's yansh and let them be, how hard can that be?
why none of them protested against the Bill ? There are no homosexuals in Nigerian. Some Nigerian(homosexuals) in the diaspora are trying to build their base here, but we say no .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by porka: 3:56am On Oct 24, 2013
pazienza:

This is childish. Nigeria is too populous therefore allow homosexuals so they can be like Singapore? That's crappy.

Artificial insemination on whom?

On you male partner?

You still don't get it.

Homosexuality is repulsive to our us.

We won't allow it.

Get used to it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

Fayose On Bike During Road Inspection In Ado-Ekiti (photos) / We Will Create Oduduwa Republic 6mths After Biafra Is Created- FFK / Dino Melaye Accuses Yahaya Bello Of Importing Military Items. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.