Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,041 members, 7,814,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN - Politics (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN (39201 Views)

Change: World Now Listens When Nigeria Speaks (Photo) / Caption This Photo, World Now Listen When Nigeria Speaks (CHANGE) ??? / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2013
ccollins:

Stop wallowing in a sea of ignorance,use your intellectual effervescent mind to undestand what I potray... Here is historical facts on how SA accepts homosexuality- 1 December 2006 South Africa has become
the fifth country in the world, and the first
in Africa, to allow legal marriages between
same-sex couples, after a historic vote in
Parliament on 14 November, followed by
the signature of Acting President Phumzile
Mlamblo-Ngcuka on 30 December, passed
the Civil Union Bill into law. Parliament and
the Presidency have therefore met the 1
December 2006 deadline set by the
Constitutional Court in 2005 for the
country's Marriage Act to be amended, or
for new legislation to be passed to allow
gays and lesbians to enter into legal
marriages. Following an application by
Marié Fourie and Cecelia Bonthuys to be
allowed to marry, the court ruled that the
existing legal definition of marriage was in
conflict with the country's Constitution
because it denied gays and lesbians the
rights granted to heterosexuals. Section 9
(3) of South Africa's Constitution expressly
prohibits unfair discrimination on the
grounds of sexual orientation. It reads:
"The state may not unfairly discriminate
directly or indirectly against anyone on one
or more grounds, including race, gender,
sex, pregnancy, marital status, ethnic or
social origin, colour, sexual orientation,
age, disability, religion, conscience, belief,
culture, language and birth." The court
gave Parliament a year to remedy the
situation. On 14 November Parliament
passed the Civil Union Bill into law by a
vote of 230 to 41. The ruling African
National Congress ordered a three-line
whip, the strictest disciplinary command
the party can give its MPs, to compel them
to be both present in the chamber and to
vote in favour of the party line supporting
the Bill. Parties opposed to the new law
included the African Christian Democratic
Party and the Freedom Front Plus, while the
Democratic Alliance allowed its MPs to vote
according to conscience. The Independent
Democrats opposed the Bill on the basis
that a "separate but equal" marriage law
for gays and lesbians remained
discriminatory. While it is still impossible
for same-sex couples to marry under the
existing Marriage Act, any South African
citizen will be allowed to marry under the
new law - including gays and lesbians.
Whether heterosexual or homosexual, they
will have the option of calling their
partnership either a civil union or a
marriage. Among other benefits, the new
law will allow married same-sex couples to
make decisions on each other's behalf and
inherit if a partner dies without a will.
'Backward, timeworn prejudices' Before the
vote, Defence Minister Mosiuoa Lekota
urged Parliament to support the rights of
gays and lesbians, and to allow them to
enjoy the fruits of democracy. "We are
bound to fulfil the promises of democracy
which we made to the people of our
country," he said. "Are we going to
suppress this so-called minority, or are we
going to let these people enjoy the
privilege of choosing who will be their life
partners? "I take this opportunity to remind
the House that in the long and arduous
struggle for democracy very many men and
women of homosexual or lesbian
orientation joined the ranks of the
liberation and democratic forces. "How
then can we live with the reality that we
should enjoy rights that together we fought
for side by side, and deny them that?
"Today, as we reap the fruits of democracy,
it is only right that they must be afforded
similar space in the sunshine of our
democracy … This country cannot afford to
continue to be a prisoner of the backward,
timeworn prejudices that have no basis."
Progressive democracies With the new law,
South Africa joins the elite group of
progressive democracies that have
legalised same-sex marriage in the last five
years: the Netherlands, which passed the
law in 2001, Belgium (2003), Canada
(2005) and Spain (2005). A number of
other European Union countries - Britain
being the latest - have passed laws
allowing for various forms of civil
partnership between same-sex couples.
But while these allow same-sex couples to
register their partnerships and receive
some of the benefits accorded married
couples, they fall short of full marriage
equality. In the Constitutional Court's
December 2005 ruling, Judge Albie Sachs
highlighted the deep injustice of denying
gays and lesbians the right to formalise
their unions. "Finding themselves strongly
attracted to each other, two people went
out regularly and eventually decided to set
up home together," he said in the
introduction to his judgment. "After being
acknowledged by their friends as a couple
for more than a decade, they decided that
the time had come to get public
recognition and registration of their
relationship. "Like many persons in their
situation, they wanted to get married.
There was one impediment. They are both
women." Sachs said there was an
imperative constitutional need to
acknowledge the long history of the
marginalisation and persecution of gays
and lesbians in South Africa. "Although a
number of breakthroughs have been made,
there is no comprehensive legal regulation
of the family law rights of gays and
lesbians." The exclusion of same-sex
couples from the benefits and
responsibilities of marriage is not a "small
inconvenience", he said. "It represents a
harsh, if oblique, statement by the law that
same-sex couples are outsiders and that
their need for affirmation and protection of
their intimate relations as human beings is
somehow less than that of heterosexual
couples." He said marriage was the only
source of such socioeconomic benefits as
the right to inheritance, medical insurance
coverage, adoption, access to wrongful
death claims, bereavement leave, tax
advantages and post-divorce rights. Sachs
said the intangible damage to same-sex
couples was as severe as the material
deprivation. "To begin with, they are not
entitled to celebrate their commitment to
each other in a joyous public event
recognised by the law. "They are obliged to
live in a state of legal blankness in which
their unions remain unmarked by the
showering of presents and the
commemoration of anniversaries so
celebrated in our culture."

http://www.southafrica.info/services/rights/same-sex-marriage.htm

Are you thick?

Who told you I don't know the history of how SA legalised homosexuality?

This is not the answer to what I asked you.

What I asked you was:

Some African countries?

Can you name them?

How has SA started to "practice" homosexuality?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 10:10am On Nov 08, 2013
MR.SANITY:
https://www.nairaland.com/1505592/one-claims-homosexual-here-nairaland#19322310
Lets all say no to homosexuality on Nairaland, Seun Osewa is called upon to do something about this.

Helloooo, we are just having a peaceful debate here which does not accomodate a biased and sentimental idiocy outcry... Nigerians may brag about being moral but we have the best records in double standards
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 10:31am On Nov 08, 2013
@sagamite ,it is true that many african countries are yet to accept homosexual marriage, some have even gone to the extent of making same sex marriage a 'offence' but I must also notify the good fact that there is a tacit liberality for ssm in some african countries that have neither ways brought any form of laws against ssm due to the rational fact that a open confab where various proponents can argue the recognition of the legal acceptance of homosexuality in their country like what is going on in ghana
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 10:50am On Nov 08, 2013
ccollins: @sagamite ,it is true that many african countries are yet to accept homosexual marriage, some have even gone to the extent of making same sex marriage a 'offence' but I must also notify the good fact that there is a tacit liberality for ssm in some african countries that have neither ways brought any form of laws against ssm due to the rational fact that a open confab where various proponents can argue the recognition of the legal acceptance of homosexuality in their country like what is going on in ghana

Which countries?

Name them.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 11:32am On Nov 08, 2013
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of_same-sex_marriage

This could expound what I am vividly potraying.. Under the african context,not all african countries forbid it or impose sanctions and penalties.so stop masquerading your self in a delusion that apart from south africa,it is frowned upon by all african countries, as the stats shows that some african states do not totally go against Same-sex
marriage,
No recognition
of same-sex couples
Same-sex sexual
activity illegal
,Not Enforced or
unclear.....
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 11:40am On Nov 08, 2013
The charity’s director of faith and social
development, Reverend Ijeoma Ajibade, said: "This
legislation denies LGBT Nigerians their fundamental
rights. By claiming it is about outlawing same-sex
marriage, the parliament is deliberately misleading
people.
"Not a single group in my home country has asked
for gay marriage. They ask only for the same rights to
freedom from discrimination, personal liberty, human
dignity and privacy that all Nigerians are entitled to
under the constitution."
Bisi Alimi, a Nigerian gay rights activist and one of
the founders of the Kaleidoscope Trust, told Sky
News: "On behalf of Nigerian LGBT and our straight
allies, families and friends, I strongly condemn this
outrageous act from Nigerian lawmakers and
demand that we challenge them against this blatant
infringement of the fundamental human rights of
already vulnerable and at risk group."
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 11:47am On Nov 08, 2013
ccollins: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of_same-sex_marriage

This could expound what I am vividly potraying.. Under the african context,not all african countries forbid it or impose sanctions and penalties.so stop masquerading your self in a delusion that apart from south africa,it is frowned upon by all african countries, as the stats shows that some african states do not totally go against Same-sex
marriage,
No recognition
of same-sex couples
Same-sex sexual
activity illegal
,Not Enforced or
unclear.....

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ROFLMAO!

So you think because countries like Mali, Chad, Zaire, Congo etc do not have laws recognising anything homosexuals that implies they are "tacitly liberal" and are "beginning to practice homosexuality"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a fooooool! You think it is me you can use that useless pro-homosexual propaganda against.

Or you think I don't know homosexual campaign groups try and control the content of wikipedia to ensure they brainwash kids searching for information by displaying data in a pro-homosexual and "increasing acceptance of homosexual" ways? How do you think the person kids defending homosexuality were brainwashed?

Go to those countries and bend your yansh for another man and let someone find out. Your only regret would be not having selected the kind of inflammable liquid you wanted to be used on you and leaving it to the whims of the mob.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ROFLMAO!

So you think because countries like Mali, Chad, Zaire, Congo etc do not have laws recognising anything homosexuals that implies they are "tacitly liberal" and are "beginning to practice homosexuality"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a fooooool! You think it is me you can use that useless pro-homosexual propaganda against.

Or you think I don't know homosexual campaign groups try and control the content of wikipedia to emm…sure they brainwash kids searching for information by displaying data in a pro-homosexual and "increasing acceptance of homosexual" ways? How do you think the person kids defending homosexuality were brainwashed?

Go to those countries and bend your yansh for another man and let someone find out. Your only regret would be not having selected the kind of inflammable liquid you wanted to be used on you and leaving it to the whims of the mob.

Again,you acted a schizophrenic role here perfectly,you tell me how homosexual campaign groups control wikipedia by posting the truth that is it only sa that completely practises gay-marriage....
Stop being a self-hating facist retard and be objective for once.... Also a lynching mob strikes out the place and morality of the law and order. If an angry mob would bring assault and death on a gay who wants his rights respected ,then the society there has no justification in all ramifications.

Lastly, none of us pro-homo are gullible and campaigning for their freedom is a good cause in any country that truly practices democracy,I rest my case
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
Sagamite:

ROFLMAO!

Or you think I don't know homosexual campaign groups try and control the content of wikipedia to emm…sure they brainwash kids searching for information by displaying data in a pro-homosexual and "increasing acceptance of homosexual" ways? How do you think the person kids defending homosexuality were brainwashed?

Again,you acted a schizophrenic role here perfectly,you tell me how homosexual campaign groups control wikipedia by posting the truth that is it only sa that completely practises gay-marriage....
Stop being a self-hating facist retard and be objective for once.... Also a lynching mob strikes out the place and morality of the law and order. If an angry mob would bring assault and death on a gay who wants his rights respected ,then the society there has no justification in all ramifications.

Lastly, none of us pro-homo are gullible and campaigning for their freedom is a good cause in any country that truly practices democracy,I rest my case
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 12:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
ccollins:

You are a person!

Go to Wikipedia and see how pro-homosexuals try and use psychology to promote homosexuality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory

How come any criteria that is pro-homosexual is given a green tick and any that disapproves of homosexuality is given a red fail? Why is it not a simple "Yes" and "No"?

How come the term "discrimination" is used on all the pages?

How come they term homosexual rights as "human rights" on all the pages when that is not a universally accepted category?

How come Uganda's profile has a homosexual rights section? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda

Or you think some of us don't understand psychology?

When you change this, there is someone that changes it back under ONE WEEK.

Anyone should go and try and see.

I just don't have the time to be changing things but I will encourage many Naija people to sensibly change these things.

Change "human rights" to "homosexual rights", change "discrimination" to "disapproval", change "tick symbols" to "Yes/No" etc so Wiki moderators can accept the change and not call it vandalism.

Some of us have been successful in getting wikipedia to change some of the propaganda. Before ALL African wikipages had this section copied and pasted propagandishly on them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Senegal#Senegal.27s_obligations_under_international_law_and_treaties

"Obligations under international law and treaties". We had to make sure we argued that there was no international obligation that exist before wikipedia removed it from almost all pages. Someone has changed Senegal's own again.

Words of Propaganda to brainwash impressionable person kids.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
U are very myopic and dense in your views,how can you accuse and make a victim of wikipedia false propaganda which you are yet to proof convincingly.should we go pragmatically into various african countries laws and treaties of which I am certain that more than 10 are mute on homosexuality. Blaming wikipedia for any error or influence they bring shows how nostaglic you are... Repeatedly,you take advantage of the pitiable minorities(homosexuals) by altering words like discrimination and human rights.fyi, homosexual groups would never be the first guilds to fight for their rights and sooner or later,they will get it
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
ccollins: U are very myopic and dense in your views,how can you accuse and make a victim of wikipedia false propaganda which you are yet to proof convincingly.should we go pragmatically into various african countries laws and treaties of which I am certain that more than 10 are mute on homosexuality. Blaming wikipedia for any error or influence they bring shows how nostaglic you are... Repeatedly,you take advantage of the pitiable minorities(homosexuals) by altering words like discrimination and human rights.fyi, homosexual groups would never be the first guilds to fight for their rights and sooner or later,they will get it

You are a person!

Tell me how it is an international obligation to accept homosexuality.

Keep dreaming you will get it.

You will get it one year after the first church is built in Mecca.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by UyiIredia(m): 3:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
ccollins: U are very myopic and dense in your views,how can you accuse and make a victim of wikipedia false propaganda which you are yet to proof convincingly.should we go pragmatically into various african countries laws and treaties of which I am certain that more than 10 are mute on homosexuality. Blaming wikipedia for any error or influence they bring shows how nostaglic you are... Repeatedly,you take advantage of the pitiable minorities(homosexuals) by altering words like discrimination and human rights.fyi, homosexual groups would never be the first guilds to fight for their rights and sooner or later,they will get it

Wikipedia is pro-gay pretending otherwise is simply daft.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Wikipedia is pro-gay pretending otherwise is simply daft.

Wikipedia is user-populated, western-moderated.

You can make changes to it but the authorised moderators are likely to be from the West and hence pro-homosexual, so your logic must be tight if you want to stop homosexual propaganda otherwise they would block you for vandalism.

People should change it sensibly. They shouldn't infuse their own bias and propaganda.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 7:25pm On Nov 08, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Tell me how it is an international obligation to accept homosexuality.

Keep dreaming you will get it.

You will get it one year after the first church is built in Mecca.

I will use what the cameroon LGBT are saying as an example --- International legal obligations to decriminalize
homosexuality
As a party to the International Covenant on Civil and
Political Rights (ICCPR), Cameroon has legal
obligations to adopt measures that effectively ensure
rights to non-discrimination, privacy, and life. In
accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of
Cameroon (Constitution) these legal obligations
override national law. The Preamble to the
Constitution affirms “attachment to the fundamental
freedoms enshrined in the Universal Declaration of
Human Rights, the Charter of the United Nations and
The African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights,
and all duly ratified international conventions.”
Article 45 of the Constitution stipulates that “duly
approved or ratified treaties and international
agreements shall, following their publication,
override national laws.” That traditional values must
conform to and not displace internationally protected
rights is made clear by Article 1(2), which requires
Cameroon to “…recognize and protect traditional
values that conform to democratic principles, human
rights and the law.”
Article 347bis of the Penal Code contravenes
Cameroon’s duties under the ICCPR and the
Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) to
ensure non-discrimination and privacy. Articles 2(1)
and 26 of the ICCPR prohibit discrimination on the
basis of, inter alia, “sex” which the United Nations
Human Rights Committee (the “Committee”) has
interpreted as encompassing sexual orientation.[1]
Therefore the above noted articles of the ICCPR
prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual
orientation.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2013
Deeply-embedded
homophobic and
transphobic attitudes, often
combined with a lack of
adequate legal protection
against discrimination on
grounds of sexual
orientation and gender identity, expose many
lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people
of all ages and in all regions of the world to egregious
violations of their human rights. They are
discriminated against in the labour market, in
schools and in hospitals, mistreated and disowned by
their own families. They are singled out for physical
attack – beaten, sexually assaulted, tortured and
killed. And in some 76 countries, discriminatory laws
criminalize private, consensual same-sex
relationships – exposing individuals to the risk of
arrest, prosecution, imprisonment — even, in at least
five countries, the death penalty.
Concerns about these and related human rights
violations have been expressed repeatedly by United
Nations human rights mechanisms since the early
1990s. These mechanisms include the treaty bodies
established to monitor States’ compliance with
international human rights treaties, as well as the
special rapporteurs and other independent experts
appointed by the Human Rights Council to
investigate and report on pressing human rights
challenges.

Then,sagamite.... You have no authority of judgement over homosexuals because they too have been victims of rape,torture and other deviant attacks from the so-called moral heterosexuals
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2013
Deeply-embedded
homophobic and
combined with a lack of
grounds of sexual
challenges.

Then,sagamite.... You have no authority of judgement over homosexuals because they too have been victims of rape,torture and other deviant attacks from the so-called moral heterosexuals
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
ccollins: Deeply-embedded
homophobic and
combined with a lack of
grounds of sexual
challenges.

Don't quote moronic shyt to me.

Explain to me how it is an international obligation to accept homosexuality.

I don't waste my time with intellectually lazy and bereft buggers.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by UyiIredia(m): 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ccollins and Sagamite: At least agree that legislation AGAINST LGBT discrimination especially with respect to violence is guaranteed. I for one will like a situation in Israel. The don't accept gay marriage, despite a history of prominent atheists and humanists (who tend to support gays), but have laws that prevent violence and other forms of discrimination against gays (except in marriage).
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Ccollins and Sagamite: At least agree that legislation AGAINST LGBT discrimination especially with respect to violence is guaranteed. I for one will like a situation in Israel. The don't accept gay marriage, despite a history of prominent atheists and humanists (who tend to support gays), but have laws that prevent violence and other forms of discrimination against gays (except in marriage).

There are laws that prevent violence against homosexuals in Nigeria.

I am pretty sure there is nothing in Nigeria's statute or constitution that makes it legal to attack homosexual people. They have the same right to physical safety as any other Nigerian under the law.

I would hate the Israel situation with a deep passion. Israel is a prominent homosexual destination where it is acceptable to be homosexual in public. I have zero interest in that model.

I am more interested in the Queen Latifa model. A model where you are an homosexual and no one harasses you as you strictly keep it private in your private apartment. She does her shyt and I don't give a fck! If you cannot keep it private, then come out to meet the current Nigerian model.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by KiKatanga: 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
Live and Let Live.

I've never married a gay, why should I care if a gay does?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 7:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ki-Katanga:
Live and Let Live.

So do you agree to homosexuals adopting a child or getting a child procreated through IVF so they can have a family?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ki-Katanga:
Live and Let Live.

You should care! It's unnatural, unscientific, primitive and dirty. I have nothing against them but they should keep it private.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by 2ruink(m): 8:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
Charleboy must hear about this. but seriously how do those ppl enjoy such smful act?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2013
Sagamite:

There are laws that prevent violence against homosexuals in Nigeria.

I am pretty sure there is nothing in Nigeria's statute or constitution that makes it legal to attack homosexual people. They have the same right to physical safety as any other Nigerian under the law.

I would hate the Israel situation with a deep passion. Israel is a prominent homosexual destination where it is acceptable to be homosexual in public. I have zero interest in that model.

I am more interested in the Queen Latifa model. A model where you are an homosexual and no one harasses you as you strictly keep it private in your private apartment. She does her shyt and I don't give a fck! If you cannot keep it private, then come out to meet the current Nigerian model.

I am just speecheless,thought you were totally against the liberty of homosexuals,I was just promoting their protect human right and their inalienable port to privacy.. Or you just became a little objective in order to be sardonic and get a clear glimpse of what lgbt was all about
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2013
ccollins:

I am just speecheless,thought you were totally against the liberty of homosexuals,I was just promoting their protect human right and their inalienable port to privacy.. Or you just became a little objective in order to be sardonic and get a clear glimpse of what lgbt was all about

You are a person!

Next time read what people put down instead of widely throwing moronic arguments in your desperate attempts for approval and acceptance.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ccollins(m): 8:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
Prof Corruption:

You should care! It's unnatural, unscientific, primitive and dirty. I have nothing against them but they should keep it private.

Mere double standard and a shameful view towards intricate issues of dire importance... What if I said prostitution,rape,incest( all mostly and dominantly practiced in the heterosexual world) is primitive ,unnatural and filthy... I am sure no one would blame me
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 9:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
ccollins:

Mere double standard and a shameful view towards intricate issues of dire importance... What if I said prostitution,rape,incest( all mostly and dominantly practiced in the heterosexual world) is primitive ,unnatural and filthy... I am sure no one would blame me

If you said so, you will be wrong because it is not unnatural.

And primitive and filthy is not illegal.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by KiKatanga: 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
Sagamite:

So do you agree to homosexuals adopting a child or getting a child procreated through IVF so they can have a family?

If they can afford the child and bring the child up properly, Yes I do.

I've seen plenty of parents with more children than they can afford.
I've seen parents who starved their daughters to feed their sons.
I've seen parents who didn't send their children to school.
I've seen parents who beat and insult their kids.
I've seen parents disown or even kill their children, claiming they were "witches" or "demons".

And every single one of them was a heterosexual couple.

Compared to that, I can't think of how a gay couple could do anything worse.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ki-Katanga:

If they can afford the child and bring the child up properly, Yes I do.

I've seen plenty of parents with more children than they can afford.
I've seen parents who starved their daughters to feed their sons.
I've seen parents who didn't send their children to school.
I've seen parents who beat and insult their kids.
I've seen parents disown or even kill their children, claiming they were "witches" or "demons".

And every single one of them was a heterosexual couple.

Compared to that, I can't think of how a gay couple could do anything worse.

Okay, I get your logic.

"I have seen some bad things, so any other bad thing that is not as bad is okay".

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thank God we will never let people with your kind of thinking forming policy. grin
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by KiKatanga: 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2013
Sagamite:

Okay, I get your logic.

"I have seen some bad things, so any other bad thing that is not as bad is okay".

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thank God we will never let people with your kind of thinking forming policy. grin

What's "bad" about same sex relationships? Gays have done a huge amount for society most of the time whilst being persecuted. Hating people because of something as trivial as their sexuality doesn't make you godly and it doesn't make you Christian.

Jesus judged no-one, condemned no-one spoke ill of no-one.

Jesus was not gay yet he never spoke ill of sodomites, I am not gay and I choose to do the same.

Live and let live. As humans we can support each other and work together, love each other and strive to live our lives better, or we can turn on each other, divide and condemn each other.

For me, it's the simplest choice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ki-Katanga:

What's "bad" about same sex relationships? Gays have done a huge amount for society most of the time whilst being persecuted. Hating people because of something as trivial as their sexuality doesn't make you godly and it doesn't make you Christian.

Jesus judged no-one, condemned no-one spoke ill of no-one.

Jesus was not gay yet he never spoke ill of sodomites, I am not gay and I choose to do the same.

Live and let live. As humans we can support each other and work together, love each other and strive to live our lives better, or we can turn on each other, divide and condemn each other.

For me, it's the simplest choice.

Just make sure you keep your silly arguments abroad.

E no get market for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

How Abba Kyari Exploits President Buhari's Poor Health / Kano Government Relaxes Lockdown, Announces Free Days / Only Peter Obi Worries Us, Atiku Cannot Win – APC’s Osita Okechukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.