Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? (5339 Views)

Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? / Awesome God, How Great Thou Art: / Do Any Atheists Argue That Atheism Is Science? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by MEILYN(m): 8:25am On Dec 27, 2013
oyelude f: luke 1:19

"For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." (Malachi 3:6).

"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live." (Exodus 33:20). if anyman has seen God, then God is a lier according to you.

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." (Romans 3:4) My guy, end this argument. Nobody has seen God.

1 Like

Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by MEILYN(m): 8:27am On Dec 27, 2013
RikoduoSennin: Not to derail off thread: Moses and No human (flesh and blood before and after Moses) have seen the Father/Yahweh (God Almighty).

1) The Father is always Found/Located in Heaven, The Lord's Prayer, the account of Job, the revelation of Jeremiah, Isaiah and John in Revelation are few prove of that fact.

2) The earth is like a fool stool to him, I really don't See how he could fit in to the extent any man can see him within a fixed location.

3) The throne of the Father is not, and has never been Vacant- Not once.

4) God is Spirit- That is why physical beings with physical eyes have not seen him. Even in the Visions given to bible writers-only his likeness was seen. In fact, Jesus (God's firstborn son) was seen when he became flesh (physical being).
NB: Spirit is different from Ghost!

5)Gen 32:24-30; Jacob wrestle with an angel yet he said" ...I have seen God face to face...", proving that some mistaken Angels as God. Reading through the bible you will find out, that he is not along in such thought.

good one bro. Paul and John saw Christ in the spirit. But nobody has ever seen God.

1 Like

Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by oyeludef(m): 5:10am On Dec 28, 2013
RikoduoSennin: Not to derail off thread: Moses and No human (flesh and blood before and after Moses) have seen the Father/Yahweh (God Almighty).

1) The Father is always Found/Located in Heaven, The Lord's Prayer, the account of Job, the revelation of Jeremiah, Isaiah and John in Revelation are few prove of that fact.

2) The earth is like a fool stool to him, I really don't See how he could fit in to the extent any man can see him within a fixed location.

3) The throne of the Father is not, and has never been Vacant- Not once.

4) God is Spirit- That is why physical beings with physical eyes have not seen him. Even in the Visions given to bible writers-only his likeness was seen. In fact, Jesus (God's firstborn son) was seen when he became flesh (physical being).
NB: Spirit is different from Ghost!

5)Gen 32:24-30; Jacob wrestle with an angel yet he said" ...I have seen God face to face...", proving that some mistaken Angels as God. Reading through the bible you will find out, that he is not along in such thought.

ur argument denies d omni presence of God

1 Like

Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by oyeludef(m): 5:17am On Dec 28, 2013
MEILYN:
"For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." (Malachi 3:6).

"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live." (Exodus 33:20). if anyman has seen God, then God is a lier according to you.

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." (Romans 3:4) My guy, end this argument. Nobody has seen God.
there r several instances in d scripture where God "shifted ground" in d scripture due to persistence in as much it doesnt violate his command.
Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by MEILYN(m): 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
oyelude f: there r several instances in d scripture where God "shifted ground" in d scripture due to persistence in as much it doesnt violate his command.
No man shall see me and live. dont change the word of God.
Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by oyeludef(m): 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
MEILYN: No man shall see me and live. dont change the word of God.
since uv made up ur mind u can believe wateva u chose to
Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by MEILYN(m): 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
oyelude f: since uv made up ur mind u can believe wateva u chose to
But bro, i dont believe wrong things, i cant believe your own canal philosophies cheesy.. Its up to you to believe. Nobody has seen God. Simply put.
Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by oyeludef(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
MEILYN: But bro, i dont believe wrong things, i cant believe your own canal philosophies cheesy.. Its up to you to believe. Nobody has seen God. Simply put.
stick to ur "spiritual" philosophy den.
Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by MEILYN(m): 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
oyelude f: stick to ur "spiritual" philosophy den.
Biblical philosophies wink
Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by noblefada: 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2013
oyelude f: luke 1:19
Ndipe:

Read Matthew 18:10
That's the mystery that confirms that nobody has seen God, because in heaven, the behold or feel the Father's presence, the mystery is that the closer they're to God's presence, the more God's nature they carried and thus when the appeared on earth folks then to call God, seeking God's face is making petition on behalf of another.
Look at, why was said in genesis that Adam heard the voice of God walking in garden and have you also noticed that in the book of Revelation there is no direct mentioned of God the Father?

1 Like

Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by RikoduoSennin(m): 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
oyelude f: ur argument denies d omni presence of God

Omni-presence? I have not seen that word in the bible and I have not seen any place that support that word.

Pls give scriptural reasons why God the Father/Jehovah is Omni-present!

1 Like

Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by oyeludef(m): 2:45am On Dec 30, 2013
RikoduoSennin:

Omni-presence? I have not seen that word in the bible and I have not seen any place that support that word.

Pls give scriptural reasons why God the Father/Jehovah is Omni-present!
"The eyes of the Lord are in
every place, watching the
evil and the
good." (Proverbs 15:3)
Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by oyeludef(m): 2:50am On Dec 30, 2013
"Where can I go from your
Spirit? Or where can I flee
from your presence? If I
ascend into heaven, you are
there; if I make my bed in hell,
behold, you are there; if I take
the wings of the morning and
dwell in the uttermost parts of
the sea, even there your hand
shall lead me, and your right
hand shall hold me. If I
say, Surely the darkness will
hide me and the light become
night around me, even the
darkness will not be dark to
you; the night will shine like
the day, for darkness is as light
to you." (Psalm 139:7-12)
Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
oyelude f: "The eyes of the Lord are in
every place, watching the
evil and the
good." (Proverbs 15:3)

Yes, his eyes see everything but doesn't make mean he his everywhere at the same time.

He his in heaven as Jesus and the prophets who saw him in Visions/Dreams/Revelations say. From there, his beaming eyes see the works of men. His not like Satan who Rove about the earth hence he was questioned by God twice about his whereabouts.

If God was everywhere, Jesus won't have made a lot of reference to the Father being in heaven. You being Man his God's image, yet you think God is everywhere when both Man,Angels, Jesus and even Satan can't be everywhere at the same time.

As par the account in Psalms you quoted: Sure you can't take it literally because that would mean God is holding our hands right now, if that were so, there surely wouldn't be any Atheist now, would they?

1 Like

Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by macof(m): 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
khowman:
your this argument is something meaningless and has no effect on any thing, if effct it is on your own soul not eny one els.
but it is not a falt at all, because you including other christions and jews have not completed the God's mission in the middle. we muslim belive all prophets including moses jesus jecub and all others, as well as............ we belive all divine books including bibel, torah.... so muslim come to the conclusion of God's mission, we never be a good muslim untill we believe said prophets and divine books as islam teach us, the holy book quran is not some thing different and islam itself is not some different these are all conclusion of previous books and teaching of phophets. it is what you are avoiding to know and never trying to understand and making it a joke........ :-(
your this argument is something meaningless and has no effect on any thing, if effct it is on your own soul not eny one els.
but it is not a falt at all, because you including other christions and jews have not completed the God's mission in the middle. we muslim belive all prophets including moses jesus jecub and all others, as well as............ we belive all divine books including bibel, torah.... so muslim come to the conclusion of God's mission, we never be a good muslim untill we believe said prophets and divine books as islam teach us, the holy book quran is not some thing different and islam itself is not some different these are all conclusion of previous books and teaching of phophets. it is what you are avoiding to know and never trying to understand and making it a joke........ :-(

why u no fit modify this post? undecided mtcheww
Since you believe all the divine revelations of God. Why don't you believe Ifa?
Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by MEILYN(m): 11:02am On Oct 23, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: People Argue that Moses Saw God. How True Is This? by Ndipe(m): 8:54am On Sep 09, 2023
Look up the word, Theophany.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Truth Concerning Temptation / What Makes You Go To Church? / Does Each Bible Text Have A Fixed Interpretation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.