Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Does God Really Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Exist? (2394 Views)

Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? / Did God Really Write The Bible? / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really Exist? by nobilis: 2:04am On Oct 24, 2013
I've been going through the Bible lately. The Old Testament of the Bible has always been of special interest to me. There are so many things in the Bible that are inconsistent with reality and history. The actual historical existence of many figures in the Bible is yet to be confirmed. How are we then to really believe that the Bible is historically accurate? I dare to ask: how do we know that God really exists? Please leave the "I just know" or "I just believe and have faith" thingies aside. How exactly can the existence of God be proven?

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by uboma(m): 3:57am On Oct 24, 2013
Look around you, would u dare to say that God doesn't exist? The complexity of the Universe is just one of many examples. See the way the moon and stars provide light during the night and the sun during the day. Do you know that the earth is on the right position in relation to the sun for life to exist? If the earth had been an inch closer to the sun, everything on earth will be @ boiling point? An inch away from its present exact position to the sun, the earth be on freezing point, too cold to allow life to flourish.

Now consider the way the human body was beautifully designed to enjoy life. What about other creations too? These living things didn't just come by chance. God created them. What about the oxygen we breathe in? Do you know that if God seizes the air we breathe in, not even you who is wondering about the existence of God, will be alive today?

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by eduson33(m): 5:00am On Oct 24, 2013
Do you really need an answer?
Smh for you.
Just kneel down and beg for forgiveness before it's too late.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Kay17: 6:27am On Oct 24, 2013
eduson33: Do you really need an answer?
Smh for you.

LMAO!! Its a sin to be inquisitive too!
uboma: Look around you, would u dare to say that God doesn't exist? The complexity of the Universe is just one of many examples. See the way the moon and stars provide light during the night and the sun during the day. Do you know that the earth is on the right position in relation to the sun for life to exist? If the earth had been an inch closer to the sun, everything on earth will be @ boiling point? An inch away from its present exact position to the sun, the earth be on freezing point, too cold to allow life to flourish.

Now consider the way the human body was beautifully designed to enjoy life. What about other creations too? These living things didn't just come by chance. God created them. What about the oxygen we breathe in? Do you know that if God seizes the air we breathe in, not even you who is wondering about the existence of God, will be alive today?

Hey how do you know God's handiwork?! Why can't complexity be a result of a mechanism such as survival of the fittest?!

3 Likes

Re: Does God Really Exist? by laplace19(m): 6:49am On Oct 24, 2013
Smh for you.

Dude,there is nothing wrong asking questions to know the unknown...........

It is through faith that we believe in the existence of God,even the bible made it clear.....

.....But apart from believing with faith,are there no other ways to know that God really exists?....that's the OP's question.....I am expecting an answer too

2 Likes

Re: Does God Really Exist? by eduson33(m): 7:05am On Oct 24, 2013
purify yourself from every sin and worthless talks for about seven days.
all your prayers should be,G-D please show me THYSELF.
and present a reasonable reason why you want this.

I promise you,you will be the one to teach us HIS ways.

laplace19:

Dude,there is nothing wrong asking questions to know the unknown...........

It is through faith that we believe in the existence of God,even the bible made it clear.....

.....But apart from believing with faith,are there no other ways to know that God really exists?....that's the OP's question.....I am expecting an answer too
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Allohrandy(m): 7:22am On Oct 24, 2013
It depends on which of the God you are referring to. Do you mean Allah, Jehovah, Buddha, Okija or Oduduwa? There are over a 1000 different gods so which one are you referring to?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Sall(m): 7:31am On Oct 24, 2013
Only in the hearth of those that are ready to believe in it
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 24, 2013
Kay 17:

Hey how do you know God's handiwork?! Why can't complexity be a result of a mechanism such as survival of the fittest?!

Yea! You are soo right bro!!! Survival of the fittest!

Like the earth beat venus and mars in a huge fight, and told the sun "stay there, not a inch closer or farther, and shine!"

And hey, I agree also that God doesn't exist.
God "IS"
Re: Does God Really Exist? by nobilis: 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
Smh for you.
My guy, if that God you serve will punish me for being inquisitive, then mark my words. He doesn't deserve to be God.
All you who claim to be righteous, is it not the same Christian Bible that says: "test all spirits"? Meaning that before you believe anything, you have to be more inquisitive.
That same bible said: "my people perish because of lack of knowledge". Meaning that he is encouraging his people to get knowledge and be wise. How else do you get knowledge if not by asking questions?

4 Likes

Re: Does God Really Exist? by nobilis: 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
Allohrandy: It depends on which of the God you are referring to. Do you mean Allah, Jehovah, Buddha, Okija or Oduduwa? There are over a 1000 different gods so which one are you referring to?
My brother, there is the one true God, no matter the name you call him. Every religion worships God (though Buddha isn't a God).
Re: Does God Really Exist? by nobilis: 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
uboma: Look around you, would u dare to say that God doesn't exist? The complexity of the Universe is just one of many examples. See the way the moon and stars provide light during the night and the sun during the day. Do you know that the earth is on the right position in relation to the sun for life to exist? If the earth had been an inch closer to the sun, everything on earth will be @ boiling point? An inch away from its present exact position to the sun, the earth be on freezing point, too cold to allow life to flourish.

My guy, this your argument is very faulty logically. To break down your argument, you're saying that:
1. There is order in the universe.
2. There can't be order without someone ordering the universe.
3. That "orderer" must be God.

That is no proof of the existence of any God. I challenge you to study the history of religions. Study how man started to formulate ideas about God.
And if you base so much hope on your bible(if u're a christian), I will give you so many actual historical facts that contradict the information u've got in ur Bible.
So don't even go there.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by manmustwac(m): 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
YES! But only in your imagination
Re: Does God Really Exist? by nobilis: 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
manmustwac: YES! But only in your imagination
Man, can you throw more light on that?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by uboma(m): 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
nobilis:
My guy, this your argument is very faulty logically. To break down your argument, you're saying that:
1. There is order in the universe.
2. There can't be order without someone ordering the universe.
3. That "orderer" must be God.

That is no proof of the existence of any God. I challenge you to study the history of religions. Study how man started to formulate ideas about God.
And if you base so much hope on your bible(if u're a christian), I will give you so many actual historical facts that contradict the information u've got in ur Bible.
So don't even go there.

There is no need to engage in any further discussion with you because it will be worthless. Believe what you want...
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
i believe so.
just as uboma said, the universe as well as nature is too orderly for it to have just "appeared" from a few collisions in the cosmos. tongue anyway, this topic has become too redundant.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
nobilis: I've been going through the Bible lately. The Old Testament of the Bible has always been of special interest to me. There are so many things in the Bible that are inconsistent with reality and history. The actual historical existence of many figures in the Bible is yet to be confirmed. How are we then to really believe that the Bible is historically accurate? I dare to ask: how do we know that God really exists? Please leave the "I just know" or "I just believe and have faith" thingies aside. How exactly can the existence of God be proven?

If no intelligent supernatural person exists, then how did the universe come about? how did life began to exist?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by Kay17: 10:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
*Kails*:
i believe so.
just as uboma said, the universe as well as nature is too orderly for it to have just "appeared" from a few collisions in the cosmos. tongue anyway, this topic has become too redundant.

There is surely the likelihood God is orderly, which suggests the question why is God orderly?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by nobilis: 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
JMAN05:

If no intelligent supernatural person exists, then how did the universe come about? how did life began to exist?

That's the question that needs to be answered. You don't just assume/believe that it is God just because the Bible said so. After all, in the Yoruba tradition, they tell how Oduduwa created the universe. And so many other cultures have such claims about their chief gods.

So my question is, what do we really believe?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by thehomer: 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2013

Actually, the distance between the earth and the sun varies by more than an inch every year. In fact, its distance from the sun varies by about 5 million kilometres each year so what you're saying here is rubbish. What do the moon and the sun have to do with God?

uboma:

What was the malaria parasite and the sickle cell gene designed for? What were tapeworm, HIV and the organism that causes river blindness designed for?
Re: Does God Really Exist? by raptureready: 10:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
nobilis: I've been going through the Bible lately. The Old Testament of the Bible has always been of special interest to me. There are so many things in the Bible that are inconsistent with reality and history. The actual historical existence of many figures in the Bible is yet to be confirmed. How are we then to really believe that the Bible is historically accurate? I dare to ask: how do we know that God really exists? Please leave the "I just know" or "I just believe and have faith" thingies aside. How exactly can the existence of God be proven?

Does God really exist?

Do you seriously believe the answer to that question lies on nairaland?

You'll just get deconverted before you can sneeze!
Re: Does God Really Exist? by MrTroll(m): 10:11pm On Oct 25, 2013

grin grin grin @bold. Una too funny! All these pseudoscientists them. Hehehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by MrTroll(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
@OP, it cannot be proven. Its either you believe out of faith or you suspend belief for lack of concrete evidence. Either way, good luck

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by kambo(m): 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
Genesis chapter1,
"in the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth ... "
(end of discussion: believe or disbelieve it is ur choice. Believing wont make it mor tru disbelievg wnt make it less tru.
Opinions ar irrelevant to a fact).

God sits on d circles of d earth,
- (paraphrased) man didnt believe it , decided to sail around d world , only to prove tht d wrld isnt flat as he formerly thought.
The bible was right all along.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by nobilis: 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
thehomer:

Actually, the distance between the earth and the sun varies by more than an inch every year. In fact, its distance from the sun varies by about 5 million kilometres each year so what you're saying here is rubbish. What do the moon and the sun have to do with God?

What was the malaria parasite and the sickle cell gene designed for? What were tapeworm, HIV and the organism that causes river blindness designed for?

Thehomer ask them oo. People who will just read their bible and swallow everything hook, line and sinker without asking questions. That's what zombies do. A human being with intellect should question things and see the logic in what he is about to believe before believing it.
If "God" wanted us to be zombies, he would either have given us brains without the highly complex and developed cerebral cortex that we have as humans or he would have given us no brains at all.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by nobilis: 11:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
kambo: Genesis chapter1,
"in the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth ... "
(end of discussion: believe or disbelieve it is ur choice. Believing wont make it mor tru disbelievg wnt make it less tru.
Opinions ar irrelevant to a fact).

God sits on d circles of d earth,
- (paraphrased) man didnt believe it , decided to sail around d world , only to prove tht d wrld isnt flat as he formerly thought.
The bible was right all along.

Genesis chapter 1 verse 1 says .... You have already declared it the truth and hav declared it factual. If I ask u now the basis of ur belief, u will tell me "my bible tells me so".

Let me ask u, my man, who wrote the book of Genesis. You will tell me it was Moses. If I ask, how did u know, u will tell me the bible said so.

I ask u: why is it that there is no other authentication for the bible except by d bible itself. The bible praises itself and raises itself to such high places. And if I ask u now: how did the bible come about? U won't even know.
Guy, please just open ur eyes.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by nobilis: 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr Troll: grin grin grin @bold. Una too funny! All these pseudoscientists them. Hehehehehehehe

Lolz. Your signature is very very funny. The last sentence, especially
Re: Does God Really Exist? by kambo(m): 12:23am On Oct 26, 2013
nobilis:

Genesis chapter 1 verse 1 says .... You have already declared it the truth and hav declared it factual. If I ask u now the basis of ur belief, u will tell me "my bible tells me so".

Let me ask u, my man, who wrote the book of Genesis. You will tell me it was Moses. If I ask, how did u know, u will tell me the bible said so.

I ask u: why is it that there is no other authentication for the bible except by d bible itself. The bible praises itself and raises itself to such high places. And if I ask u now: how did the bible come about? U won't even know.
Guy, please just open ur eyes.

ur right, u know my stand on this issue.
But like i said about d bible answerg scientic questions years b4 they were scientifcally verifiable, man discovering tht d wrld is roundish didnt make d bible more authentic?
It only satisfied man's intellectual curiosity. The bible isnt written to satisfy all ur intellectual probes, else it would be too big to carry.
It's a highly summarised book.
Tht it doesnt satisfy all ur intellectual queries doesnt make it less authentic.

Science is always behind d bible.
I made d case of d shape of d earth ,later discovered by columbus to b tru,
if d bible was written by man, like all things man it would b irrelevant in d light of new discoveries (so called cutting edge science) ,the koran on d other hand contains clearly scientifically
implausible statements!
Cop outs.
Scientists discovered in the previous century that sound waves cud damage physical structures! Exonerating the wall of jericho story in d bible from d age long prison of myth and ridicule.
- man cudnt think tht up. Else d man wud b ahead of his time!

Lastly, all science eventually rests on some statements of faith. Statements tht CANNOT b dtermined unambiguously by man's tool of logic and reasong.
READ up on d foundations of mathematics and u'll find this at its root.
Set theory on which all modern mathematics is built has disturbing root issues,theyre so amorphous and ambiguous tht instead of splitting hairs mathematicians simply decide whether TO BELIEVE OR NOT TO BELIEVE.
The bible is d same, and it makes a statement which d reader is given d choice to accept or reject.
Extra information doesnt do anythg. Ur choice doesnt change anythg.
Thats d nature of a fact. Nuetrality is impossible.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by macof(m): 1:48am On Oct 26, 2013
Allohrandy: It depends on which of the God you are referring to. Do you mean Allah, Jehovah, Buddha, Okija or Oduduwa? There are over a 1000 different gods so which one are you referring to?
Am sure u are an illiterate who knows nothing about religions.

You must be one of those ugly and foolish Christians who lack knowledge and believe he is superior to others

Jehovah is the Jewish supreme God aka "El". In pre-judaism in the land of Canaan and other Semite lands, El was the father of numerous pagan gods.

Olodumare is the Yoruba supreme God aka "Olorun". In Yorubaland despite Christianity and Islam invaded Olodumare is still the creator of all the Orishas

Allah is the Arab supreme God. in pre-Islam Arabia Allah was one of many pagan gods regarded as his children and siblings

Buddha is nt a god but a man who found peace and enlightenment, he performed miracles and was wise in his teachings but he has never been referred to as God and he is not worshipped, he is only a role model

Oduduwa is an Orisha nt the supreme God
Re: Does God Really Exist? by macof(m): 1:53am On Oct 26, 2013
nobilis:

That's the question that needs to be answered. You don't just assume/believe that it is God just because the Bible said so. After all, in the Yoruba tradition, they tell how Oduduwa created the universe. And so many other cultures have such claims about their chief gods.

So my question is, what do we really believe?

Actually Oduduwa created only earth

The universe was started by Obatala

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? by Allohrandy(m): 2:10am On Oct 26, 2013
macof:
Am sure u are an illiterate who knows nothing about religions.

You must be one of those ugly and foolish Christians who lack knowledge and believe he is superior to others

Jehovah is the Jewish supreme God aka "El". In pre-judaism in the land of Canaan and other Semite lands, El was the father of numerous pagan gods.

Olodumare is the Yoruba supreme God aka "Olorun". In Yorubaland despite Christianity and Islam invaded Olodumare is still the creator of all the Orishas

Allah is the Arab supreme God. in pre-Islam Arabia Allah was one of many pagan gods regarded as his children and siblings

Buddha is nt a god but a man who found peace and enlightenment, he performed miracles and was wise in his teachings but he has never been referred to as God and he is not worshipped, he is only a role model

Oduduwa is an Orisha nt the supreme God

I am sure you one of those dumb, stupid and f00lish pagans who don't believe in God. People like you will rot in hell. you can only be save from eternal torment in hell if you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and Saviour.
Re: Does God Really Exist? by macof(m): 3:27am On Oct 26, 2013
Allohrandy: I am sure you one of those dumb, stupid and f00lish pagans who don't believe in God. People like you will rot in hell. you can only be save from eternal torment in hell if you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and Saviour.
illiterate mental Slave
Pagans believe in God like I posted above Olodumare is the Yoruba God.
And we don't believe in hell.
After death comes reincarnation of the soul, the universe is a continuous process- God is eternal and so is the Omniverse.

Jesus is a gay weakling, already in the hell of the Jews

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need To See This Verse!!!!!!!!!!! / (shocking Video) Muslims Girls Twerking / 1500-year-old Bible Confirms That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified –vatican In Awe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.