Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey (4764 Views)

Photo: Do Guys Like This Still Exist? / Do Guys Like This Really Exist? / Why Do Nice Guys Always Get Treated Badly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
debosky:

You can't always resolve it - for some the cultural expressions of respect cannot be separated from the concept of respect. For others their practices are so deeply ingrained that they refuse to countenance something different. As always, if we don't agree (or at least compromise), we can't enter into/maintain a relationship.

I've never denied the universal concept exists though - only that it's expression is the ultimate test. If we don't match on that level, there is a problem which may or may not be resolvable.

Ok. But if you could resolve it at all, would it not be by an appeal to a univeral standard to which both conceptiona must bow?

Anyway, I do get your point. And I think you get mine too.
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Caracta: Isn't that what we've been trying to preach to them?

There are grays, hues, shades and overlaps because there are absolutes in the first place.

Is it a normal human female who says that she prefers a man who has no respect for her?
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by yfo: 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Wu Zetian:
I hate confrontation(IRL) and I do not fit into your category of nice people.

Any man that has a problem with being assertive, either doesn't believe in what he stands for or has deeper issues. (Prolly battling self esteem issues, scared that he'll loose his partner or is socially awkward.)

I think the question he needs to ask himself is, why is he tweaking his so-called nature?? Does it fit the picture of the man he wants to be??
Better yourself for yourself and it will remain permanent??

I'm not talking about inspiration or encouragement but letting people be the reason for your change is letting them have a defining power over you. Men need to stop finding their identity in the eyes of some bimbo or society.

If you mean a guy should change aspects of himself only for his personal choice of whom he wants to be and no one else...then I agree with you.

Unfortunately it isn't that simple...if a guy by nature isn't romantic and a workaholic, being on a relationship and he decides to change that aspect -obviously for his lady- would you still see this as packaging and what not?
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
debosky:

No - you are about the ideal route to the destination I'm about the routes travelled in practice. Not everyone reaches the same point via the same route.

Ok, that's something I'll need to take a step back and confirm. I don't see myself like that at all. I fully appreciate the individual differences in human beings. I don't believe we're the same. But I do believe we all have a common destiny. That's me on a normal day. And I think today has been pretty normal.
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by yfo: 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Is nice = non-confrontational/non-assertive? In which dictionary? Puhleeeeeeeease!

The direction of our convo is different from the one you having with the others so look before you leap brother angry

I gave an example to explain a type of person and that we mostly need to tweak somethings in our default settings...I never implied I was describing ALL nice guys undecided
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by UjSizzle(f): 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Ok. I'll bow to the dictionary. What then should we call a man who respects women, devotes himself 100% to his woman, and is no pushover?
He could be someone's perfect guy, not a nice guy(imo).
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by princesa(f): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
uj_sizzle:
lol ofcoz darling, we can sail the ship. Beautiful weather and just the right amount of wind cheesy
Come with your swim suit, we're gonna dive wink

finally a breath of fresh air!cheesy

#swimSuitThingsOnMyMind.
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
Graham123: I think most of the differing opinions here have greatly been misconstrued. A lot of hurt in the past or present tend to rear up, spark emotions and cloud thoughts which consequently render all our judgement a bit bias or out rightly off the mark. Let's all have some perspective.
Being too nice to the point of being silly is the perfect recipe for disaster in any relationship. However, love itself can be silly a times. Unless you have been in these shoes, then we should refrain from passing judgement.
In retrospect, my case was an eye opener. I am a fun-loving guy, sometimes wild. Never afraid to try out something new however dangerous it may seem. On the surface, people have a somewhat wrong perception of me, often judging by the care free nature of mine. Underneath however, I have a good heart, very retrospective and with a damning conscience. I once dated a lady I didn't love for almost 2 years just cause I couldn't bear to break her heart. During that period, I never cheated and I cared for her in a way only few people can match. I took my time until the relationship wore out naturally. That one was good but the circumstances which led to it in the first place is best to be forgotten.
My recent break up had a different twist to it. We started with a bang. One and a half years in and I started having career problems that just wouldn't leave. At some point, I lost my self esteem and confidence. I became reclusive, withdrawn from people and the fun left me. Became too jealous as a result of my low confidence and would pick on the smallest thing. My ex took all in until a point I guess. But she is the first person I ever took home to meet my mom after of course meeting her family. She did all the perfect things which I still even appreciate and grateful for today. We will talk sometimes about why we do quarrel. We often came to the conclusion that my situation is the cause and I will get back to my grind when it blows over. I cared soooo much, told her the best things and made her feel good about herself. She knows nobody will ever love her like I did and I guess she was afraid she won't meet someone like me again. Along the way, what I saw in her eyes was something out of pity more than love. Her mind wasn't really in it anymore. We had a big quarrel and we agreed to break it off with minimal fuss so we could still be friends. I initially objected but I later agreed because of she has done for me in past and the fact that I was majorly to blame sort of. However I found out she is already dating a guy I know as her friend and I had complained about when we were dating. That riled me up, got me thinking the shit has been on for sometime. I was extremely hurt, fact is it's the worst thing I have ever felt in my life. This was two weeks ago. I'm feeling a damn lot better now tho. Things are shaping up and I'm gradually get back my old self. I know somehow my insecurity got to her but she knows my situation caused it. And if the love was real, she won't have eyes for someone else. Real love I believe is patient, understanding and will always prevail. I know some people will give me the stick for some of my actions but you haven't been in those shoes. It's better not to criticize her too cause you havent been in hers either. I'm surprising myself with how quickly I'm moving on although I wish I had done some things better.

I could get your story just edit your name and it'll describe my past experience too.

Do you guys see a trend?!!! Once you show a woman emotions like jealousy,mushy mushy stuff and all. You will loose her because when you were asking her out,you were different.

A woman wants a rock,a man that can not only withstand his struggles but hers.
Most times our women tell us to share our pains with them, don't do it!!! She'll loose value for you.

If you wanna cry call your hommie and cry,not your wife or gf!!! You will loose respect
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by Ngokafor(f): 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
...as far as am concerned,nice guys rock in my book,any time any day!!!
...a nice guy can be interesting,out-going,witty,intelligent,driven ,good/average-looking and ...wait for it...rich!!....who says these traits are the exclusive perserve of 'jerks'..as a matter of facts,most 'jerks' are too self-absorbed and spends most of the time feeling too entitled to make much of themselves in life anyway so what are we talking about?
....nice guys are nice because they are humane and considerate about the next persons feelings and most importantly loving towards their partners simple!!...
..as for the so-called bad guys...i am sorry for you,continue with your childish mind games and mean nature you hear...at the end of the day,the nice guys will eventually settle down in a loving relationship with their wives and kids while you'll be left in the dark still groping for the 'ideal' wife at 45yrs with one or two failed marriages in the mix.
#proudly team nice guys#..hehehe...
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Nice guy myths:

Nice guys are virgins: Not always.

Nice guys who are virgins fear $€x: Again not always, some flirt or even smoosh a lot.

Nice guys are mummy's boy: Dammit ! Even Shaka Zulu was a mummy's boy.

Nice guys don't beat girls: They usually don't but stress can change someone.

Add ya own.

Nice guys don't cheat: If buy cheat you mean deceptively have another affai whilst in one. You'll be amazed.

The only thing you need to establish in a relationship (not saying ooo, establish) is that you are ready to walk away if push comes to shove!

*generally speaking* Any guy that beats a woman is a cretin,worse than a gutter worm.
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ngokafor: ...as far as am concerned,nice guys rock in my book,any time any day!!!
...a nice guy can be interesting,out-going,witty,intelligent,driven ,good/average-looking and ...wait for it...rich!!....who says these traits are the exclusive perserve of 'jerks'..as a matter of facts,most 'jerks' are too self-absorbed and spends most of the time feeling too entitled to make much of themselves in life anyway so what are we talking about?
....nice guys are nice because they are humane and considerate about the next persons feelings and most importantly loving towards their partners simple!!...
..as for the so-called bad guys...i am sorry for you,continue with your childish mind games and mean nature you hear...at the end of the day,the nice guys will eventually settle down in a loving relationship with their wives and kids while you'll be left in the dark still groping for the 'ideal' wife at 45yrs with one or two failed marriages in the mix.

Hahahahaha Mr. Nice guy will usually have a heart attack if he finds out his woman has been cheating.

When I have a son,I'll make me a badoo from age 16. No time.

I grew up around women and I was bashed up in the head by women before I learnt the rules of engagement.
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by Caracta(f): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Can you stay 30mins longer? plsssss

30 minutes never reach?
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by adexsimply(m): 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Caracta:

Dayuuummm! I don't want a nice guy again! cool angry

SMH
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by Danhumprey: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ngokafor: ...as far as am concerned,nice guys rock in my book,any time any day!!!

You've said all. Some gals' mind are skewed into believing that bad guys are the best. Well,they may be the best,but that is in the short run and just for adventure.
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by Danhumprey: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
adexsimply:
SMH
Let her be. It's her choice. She know why she don't prefer nice guys. Different strokes for different folks. smiley
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by Caracta(f): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2013
adexsimply:
SMH

kiss kiss kiss I have a soft spot for nice guys defined by moi. Not their type. cheesy

I've missed you o. Counting down, huh?
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by adexsimply(m): 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
Caracta:

kiss kiss kiss I have a soft spot for nice guys defined by moi. Not their type. cheesy

I've missed you o. Counting down, huh?

kiss kiss yeah..5 days to go embarassed embarassed
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by UjSizzle(f): 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
Caracta:

30 minutes never reach?
Tried calling you, but your line wasn't connecting sad
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by tosomaju(m): 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
Matthew briggs: Different Stroke for different women. Some like their guys nice, some like jerks. I think over time I am gradually meter-morphing from a nice guy into what I call a nice jerk.. Reason been that certain traits of a jerk is quite useful in a relationship. Merging it with my default Niceness, it can help keep things interesting and unpredictable. Enabling one to Stay in control, keeping her on her toes, Making her never see you as weakling or puppet that's predictable or boring.

By default we know most Ladies like to end up marrying the nice guy because of the sense of security he provides, but prefer to date the jerks because of the sense of adventure he give them. Been a nice jerk you get to bring the best of both worlds to the table cheesy

#Team Nice Guy with an attitude grin.

#Mathew briggs no Send you. tongue, Yes you that curvy creature, with a lip I can't wait to kiss. kiss

Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
debosky:

Hehehe. . . .let no one lie to you, you WILL have to play 'the game' to an extent even if you want to marry. What differs is what extent you play the game to (dependent on your circumstances) and the maturity of both parties.

Dan hump rey grin grin grin I hope no pun was intended. cheesy

that is it.
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by leflanc: 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
I used to be a nice guy. I respected the ladies when I was in that hell hole called Lagos and I got no love until I decided to switch and become uncaring and not going closer to these chicken brains called women and guess what? I got laid more.

Women don't want some guy who will treat em right? Women want a guy who will keep them on their toes and do things the nice guy won't do and then they keep the nice guys as friends. The type of friends where anytime the jerk bleeps up, they can put their emotional issues on but they will never date him.

They will still long for the jerk cos they are what they are chicken brains

1 Like

Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by Caracta(f): 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Tried calling you, but your line wasn't connecting sad

I waited. I agree the network was pretty bad. I'm even looking for you sef. You reply your messages only after two or three years. Wonder the kind of phone you use or the kind of network in "your" area
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by nrdgeek: 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nice guys finish last ... been there done that. What women want is a cocky and funny guy. Someone who's confident in himself and has a good sense of humour. Better to save all that niceness and sweetness for your mum and sisters.

What do women want? It's like learning to drive a car and then switching the gear into reverse - when you turn the steering wheel right, the car moves left and when you steer left, the car moves right. Women speak in opposites. A woman might tell a guy she wants someone who's nice and sweet and while he's at it, the law of attraction draws her towards some cocky and funny jerk who is busy boning the living daylights outta her.

So, who finishes last? It's just the way attraction works.
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ok, don't nobody crucify me abeg. I was just feeling blue and needed some distraction and I went reading diaries. I found something really interesting and thought to share it here. The diary had only one entry about a year old. Here it is:

lady antebellum (need you now)woke up with the song playing in my mind . For some reason it captures my current state of mind ..well the rain was rather heavy so i got soaked even before i could open the gate and drive out..gosh i had to pull some stunts along the road to avoid being stuck at that crazy junction .. Lagosians are funny people ,they wont just be patient.. But even now i still have the words playing in my head ..ook i downloaded the song immediately i sat on my desk and its bin on repeat all day ...song of the day or maybe the week.. truth is i miss her so much even though i probably haven't met her yet or maybe i have and just don't know it yet.. irony is, am supposed to be happy.. for the first time in a while my GM at the management meeting was all praises for my report incidentally i sealed a major one..for one who is " quite unpleasable" am sure supposed to be happy , so why do i feel this way..

No sex this weekend now that makes it two weeks of self imposed celibacy.. quite honestly am tired of sleeping with ladies i feel nothing for. so i have decided to hold the playboy mode for a while .. quite hard though.. Cos honestly ladies like when u lie , and treat them like thrash they always seems to come back for more..and i have become pretty good at that bt for some reason the temptation is mounting . imagine i had to turn Tonia down . she was offering to come over for the weekend ..am still asking myself why i dint just say yes ..she blows like hell i can say she has a PHD in that and she cooks well too 
..but seriously is there like a learning ground for that. so i had to resort to a weekend of noodles and eggs plus a full pack of unused condoms.. and a whole lot of weight lifting..trust me it decipates excess kongi.. so i woke up this morning sad and empty.. but really ow did i come to this.. i loved Anu for five years, the better part of my undergrad days and took pride in advocating the one woman man rule..ow did i become this heartless dude who cant seem to feel a thing anymore..what did i do to become this cursed man who derives pleasure in capturing a woman's heart only to relish it broken in pieces ...
https://www.nairaland.com/1100696/diary-lonely-bachelor

smiley
Re: For Them Nice Guys Like Graham And Danhumphrey by princesa(f): 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
whoa, so touching...sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2go- Promotes Homosexuality In Nigeria [fact].. Watch Your Kids Closely.. / Woman’s Butt Implants Explodes During Rough Sex With Boyfriend [GRAPHIC PHOTOS] / Who And Who Won The Current Mr And Mrs Nairaland/romanceland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.