Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. (55979 Views)

Meet The Only Two Nigeria Leaders That Publicly Declared Their Assets / 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB / Nigerian Former Leaders That Crippled Nigeria+photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by hercules07: 11:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
koastar:
I won't accept he's the worst but his hands are not clean. When he was the chairman of PTF, would Buhari beat his chest before man and God that his hands was completely clean? That he didn't spend or allocate unjustly the funds of the organisation for his personal gains? That Abacha wasn't given a dime from the funds for his personal use which wasn't budgeted for? Why did he (Buhari) vindicate Abacha (a confirmed corrupt leader) of corruption in his statement during the remembrance of the late leader sometimes in 2011? If Buhari could say Abacha didn't steal then could Buhari hands be free of corruption? - food for thought

He can, he was pursued by OBJ, yet OBJ could not find anything, remember he served under Abacha and Abacha imprisoned OBJ.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by LeSaint(m): 12:19am On Oct 26, 2013
Ninapha: Hmmmm, clears throat,

Going by the recent happings in the country especially on getting real information on cases of corruption, are there Nigerians we can still hope on that could not be bought over.

Just 5 could give us hope, like God said to Abraham 'if I could see even one righteous man....

Who are your candidates?

@Op this a very apt thread, and people shouldn't joke around with it.

It's not just enough to not be "bribable".
I know I cannot be bribed, and there are many who cannot be bribed for one reason or the other - religion, personal principles, patriotism, etc.
And mine is not religion! But additional qualities and strengths of character are necessary.

So, the right question should be; who CAN clean up the Aegean stable?
And the answer is (like it or not):

1. Gen Buhari. 2. Gen Buhari. 3., ....7. Gen Buhari.

Reason is this;

He is a guy who's "GOT ISSUES" with anything sleaze, that is, he'll approach the task with "extreme prejudice" - and that's what it would take to address the chaos that is Nigeria now.

I was a fresh graduate during his regime, and I did write him a letter at State House extolling his policies, and asking that Govt embarked on massive Penitentiary Facilities projects, because I foresaw back then what we are seeing today. Even then, a large proportion of Nigerians needed to be locked away. And Buhari had the same 50-50 vision then, as I believe he still does now.

As a businessman and professional, I also had a close encounter with his work and style at the PTF headquarters, where he set standards of conduct of govt business that would make you think you were in America, or someplace like that. Some of us from our part of the country felt he favored his northern people more with PTF projects, and maybe he did. He is not perfect in all respects.

But, just look at his precedents, and just look at his demeanor. If you were a subordinate of Buhari, would you entertain the thought of breaking any laws?
All the politician know it that if Buhari comes to power, that would be the end of laisez-faire that they have all been used to, and are looking forward to - that's why he's deliberately being relegated at APC.

But I have news for them; APC without Buhari, ... we say it in Igbo like this "O nwero ebe i ji azu aga"!

11 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by dipcoke: 12:25am On Oct 26, 2013
1. Gen Ishola Williams (rtd)
2. Capt Oladisun Coker (rtd)
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:48am On Oct 26, 2013
1. My pastor

2. None

3. Nuhu ribadu

4. None

5. My younger brother
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Zupremo13: 5:15am On Oct 26, 2013
wellmax: I think
1. Buhari.
2. Christopher Kolade
3. Earnest Shonekan
4. Justice Emmanuel Ayoola & Justice Mustapha Akanbi
5. Nuhu Ribadu
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Zupremo13: 5:22am On Oct 26, 2013
wellmax: I think
1. Buhari.
2. Christopher Kolade
3. Earnest Shonekan
4. Justice Emmanuel Ayoola & Justice Mustapha Akanbi
5. Nuhu Ribadu

Buhari? Well, i don't really trust him,I may trust him with matters unconnected with money...the only man I can trust even with my ATM PIN is *RIBADU*
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by emmabest2000(m): 6:12am On Oct 26, 2013
Funny question tongue
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Ibime(m): 6:25am On Oct 26, 2013
Bakare

Wole Soyinka

Sanusi

Still thinking. . . .

Cannot even vouch 100% for Buhari, though he might make the list along with Ribadu.

Unfortunately for those of US from the South East, no Ijaw, Igbo or Niger Delta leader alive is honourable enough.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Uwaomapaul(m): 6:52am On Oct 26, 2013
NUHU RIBADU is the worst corrupt man in Nigeria, ask him were he made his money to contest for presidential Election 2011. Nigeria can ve hope on Owelle Rochas Okorocha, and my father including me
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by chukwy2(m): 6:59am On Oct 26, 2013
Ninapha: Hmmmm, clears throat,

Going by the recent happings in the country especially on getting real information on cases of corruption, are there Nigerians we can still hope on that could not be bought over.

Just 5 could give us hope, like God said to Abraham 'if I could see even one righteous man....

Who are your candidates?

, T. A ORJI AND T B JOSHUA
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by chingydaboss(m): 7:00am On Oct 26, 2013
Pastor Lazarus Mouka.. he will never take bribe.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Bee4real: 7:09am On Oct 26, 2013
Yes oh, u r rit.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:36am On Oct 26, 2013
There is,but they are few
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by homebase(m): 7:36am On Oct 26, 2013
Oh my God! Buhari is leading the list of the most outstanding Nigeria leader

and the today corrupt politicians and power that be always rigged him out.

Which way Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Ninapha(f): 7:42am On Oct 26, 2013
Ibime: Bakare

Wole Soyinka

Sanusi

Still thinking. . . .

Cannot even vouch 100% for Buhari, though he might make the list along with Ribadu.

Unfortunately for those of US from the South East, no Ijaw, Igbo or Niger Delta leader alive is honourable enough.

. Hmm, hv u read the history of Alex Ekwueme and Emeka Anyaoku.

The seemingly truth is dat we have some who atleast could raise our hope but lo! The Nigerian political factor wont just let go.

From our listss here, i am begining to pick those i wd be praying for everyday.

Ribadu, Buhari, Emeka Anyaoku, C. Kolade, Pat Utomi, ect

we need a change GEJ i believe is a goodman. We need someone whose partisan politics wont determine his altitude anymore.

Lets forget tribalism and work out our salvation.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by walezy14(m): 8:12am On Oct 26, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] 1. Tunde Idiagbon
2. Gani Fawehinmi
3. Muhammadu Buhari
4. Nuhu Ribadu
5. Dora Akiyili

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by mystical10: 8:17am On Oct 26, 2013
guass: [size=18pt]LONG LIVE[/size] [size=28pt]NUHU RIBADU![/size]
[size=18pt]LONG LIVE[/size][size=18pt]EFCC!![/size]
[size=18pt]LONG LIVE[/size] [size=16pt]THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!!![/size]

[size=18pt]LONG LIVE[/size][size=58pt] NAIRALAND[/size]
integrity peason is sm1 who is doing right things when sm1 is nt watchin hm/her. So arabadu or ribadu refuse to collect bribe bc orishiahu obasanju is wtchin hm. Oby ezekwesili, dora ukuyeli and conjo iwula top the list. Igbo kwenu. Nigeria wilnt be good until igbo man rule again, namdi azikwe, aguirunsi etc mk us belief. Igbos who brought independence hv been sidlined mmm.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 26, 2013
1.Del st Ex-governor: Dr James Onanefe Ibori
Dat guy neva collectd bribe anyday in his life...Odidigbidigbo.
2.Present Del st Governor:Dr Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan
An epitome of honesty and uprightness.. He's unbribable..I hail u sir
3.Olusegun Obasanjo;Ex president now turned MOG...Wonders of wonders..Neva stole a dime while in office..A true icon
4.Lucky Igbenidion; Ex governor of Edo state,dis guy is a living legend,whose gud works r unsurpassable...Even wen threatened,he stil stood his ground and said no to bribery and corruption...may u live long sir.
Stela Oduah: A true daughter of d soil, our own Minister of Aviation,whose good work God crowned with two armoured cars:Haters go hug transformer. Never been and never can be bribed.
GEJ nd PEJ till Jesus comes
Hurray!!!....

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Afolayan123: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2013
My oga,
ladi balogun
ademola onigbanjo
bayo sanni
my great grand father
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Horllami2011(f): 8:43am On Oct 26, 2013
Me
Myself and
I grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by NEWTONDEGREAT(m): 9:00am On Oct 26, 2013
Hahahahahaha...Ninapha, u & me knws dt dey isnt any except few among those who fight 4 de freedom of our fatherland
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by jdilight(m): 9:15am On Oct 26, 2013
my dad

Pst lkeme top the list.

l can bet anything on this
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by cyril10(m): 9:27am On Oct 26, 2013
None of the names mentioned are corruption free, mark my word all of them are just deceiving us.
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by adadadon(m): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2013
Na Buhari and Ribadu full this list o
Buhari for president either Rochas Okorocha or Adams Oshiomole As running mate or even Gov Fashola
Long live The FRN

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 26, 2013
phemmy88: 1. My Father
2. My Father
3. My Father
4. My Father
5. MyFather

...Now ...don't ask who My Faher is oo...dnt want him kidnapped..
IF DEM KIDNAP UR PAPA, NA KIDNAPPERS GO STIL DEY WASTE THEIR FOOD.. E GO B LYK PERSN WEY CARRY RAT TO DEY LIVE WITH
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by wengerjay(m): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2013
One name has been missing here,Chief Olabode George.The guy dey very plain,spotless and clean.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Easy1401(m): 10:58am On Oct 26, 2013
1.Oyeleke Ezekiel
2.Goodluck Jonathan
3.Bola Tinubu
4.Tunde Fashola
5.pat utomi
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by bounju(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2013
Rejoice5000: i don't think there's any. 99% are collecting bribe. if not by cash,it will be by cars, buildings etc
Or opportunities
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by seangy4konji: 11:25am On Oct 26, 2013
there are no leaders in Nigeria...They will keep dieing one by one till they v change of heart...Got no trust in any of dem...thieving bastards we call leaders...they will not change and its on this earth that they will get their reward for there act of being corrupt,wicked and self centered....Which leader?fuukk dem all....d only person in my life that even reduced the price of fuel died of an ailment months later,january the price went so up,now 400 k barrels of oil misses per day,militant gets a contract and buys private jets,aviation ministers buys a car wit price equivalent of a JET or space shuttle...who r decieving?it no go better for all of dem
Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
Uwaomapaul: NUHU RIBADU is the worst corrupt man in Nigeria, ask him were he made his money to contest for presidential Election 2011. Nigeria can ve hope on Owelle Rochas Okorocha, and my father including me

My brother stop acting naively! Whoever that flies the flag of a major party can solicit for fund or sponsorship from very legitimate quarters. Even Mitt Romney who is a quarter-Billionaire who contested against Barack Obama just last year sought for funds....no individual politician can fund his own campaign even if he has all the money. Even our reverred anti-corruption Mentor Gen Muhammadu Buhari also do seek for funding BUT what I know about Buhari is that he will not be in direct control or disburment of the fund. That is why they normally have a campaign organization whose task is to ensure the candidate has the best of concentration to campaign while they do the background work.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ninapha: . Hmm, hv u read the history of Alex Ekwueme and Emeka Anyaoku.

The seemingly truth is dat we have some who atleast could raise our hope but lo! The Nigerian political factor wont just let go.

From our listss here, i am begining to pick those i wd be praying for everyday.

Ribadu, Buhari, Emeka Anyaoku, C. Kolade, Pat Utomi, ect

we need a change GEJ i believe is a goodman. We need someone whose partisan politics wont determine his altitude anymore.

Lets forget tribalism and work out our salvation.

My brother you have said it all....we sure need a LEADER who can even send his son,wife and political associates to prison

Tribalism and Religious bigotry have almost ruined us

I will be eternally comfortable with a Buhari presidency with Obiagelli Ezekwesili,Pat Utomi,Dora Akunyili,Festus Keyamo,Femi Falana, etc as Ministers

Infact most people don't know that Dora Akunyili's political career got off from the Letter of Commendation for her Anti-Corruption stance she got from Gen Muhammadu Buhari when she served as Zonal Secretary of PTF under Buhari......Most of the drugs that were bought and distributed to many government hospital in the SE then were under the direct supervison of Dora Akunyili...The greatest highlight of Dora's career at PTF was that she RETURNED back the extra thousands of Dollars she was over-paid as training grant to the UK on coming back to nigeria

So when OBJ became president and was probing Buhari's PTF tenure,apart from not seeing anything to nail Buhari with....his attention was drawn to one of the report of Buhari who wrote that Nigeria needs someone like Dora Akunyili in leadership position

It was from that report that Dora was sought for having returned to lecturing since OBJ out of anger and disdain for anything Abacha hence his probe of Buhari's stewardship tasked Dora Akunyili with the onerous job of shaking up NAFDAC since it was written by Buhari of her that she refused to patronise quack Drug producers when sourcing for products for PTF then even if they are 'her people'

Those from the SE who have been erroneously sold the dummy about Buhari as an Ethnic bigot should ask God for forgiveness

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Leaders That Cannot Be Bribed. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 26, 2013
hercules07:

He can, he was pursued by OBJ, yet OBJ could not find anything, remember he served under Abacha and Abacha imprisoned OBJ.
Buhari's hands are not clean, he can't be fully trusted. People like him know how to clean any traces linking them to such corrupt act. If a well known corrupt leader like Abacha could be defended by Buhari that he didn't steal, then Buhari himself didn't steal too undecided

*Only those caught in the act of corruption or found guilty of corruption is a thief, those not caught are saints

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ambode Unveils Fela Kuti Statue, Visits Kalakuta Museum (Photos) / Atiku's Lawyers Receive Tinubu's Academic Records From Chicago State University / Shooting In Owerri As Soldiers And Unknown Gunmen Clash (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.