Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? (22975 Views)

Pork Fat Used In Shoprite Bread? / Norway Muslims Protest Prophet Pig Cartoon / 90% of Loaves of Bread include Enzymes from the Pancreas of PIGS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by emekaD3(m): 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2013
If it means less Que at shoprite then it is forbidden

1 Like

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Qbaba(m): 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
gal10: I went to Shoprite (Lekki) today and asked to see the manager. I asked point blank if they used pig oil to bake their bread and he said a categorical NO!. I am not a moslem but i dont eat pork or its derivatives cos i dont think it is healthy. I love Shoprite bread so had to clear my spirit.

I should have mentioned it that there is an online campaign against their bread so that they can bring out a press release but i forgot to.

Thanks for sharing his response with ur sister. God bless you!
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by bintalabi(f): 9:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
slimyem: Who cares??

Everything created by God is all good. wink cool

And food from sayatins are good for u
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by teskyg: 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
Muslims and their Wahala.
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
Having taken time to read through this thread carefully, I can smell a calculated attempt by some disgruntled individuals to unfairly malign the shoprite bread.

Its probably due to the threat that shoprite bread might put other substandard breads out of market.

Its unfortunate though , but even more disturbing is the platyform they are using to achieve their vile aims.

A religion that prides itself as being built on truth and peace shouldn't be found peddling rumours.

I hereby call on the moderators of the islam section to halt the attempt of a selfish few to drag the image of the religion in the mud in such shame.

An unverified claim should not be riding on the back of islam to propagate itself.

Its akin to providing a suitable channel for evil to permeate which is rather unfortunate.

How can the moderators who pride themselves as being fair to all fold their arms as some faceless indivuals throw about damaging and unverified claims in a bid to score cheap points.

This is disturbing and Seun needs to do something about unfair and negative tactics like these.

How can this country mve forward? Its just despicable that someone will derive pleasure in bringing down the business of a hardworking person on the premise of a beer parlour rumour.

3 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by HopeAtHand: 9:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
tunshe:

Helloooo! Shoprite is for all and if we find out they use pig fat, we stop patronage.

That's Islam for you!

I sense you are pig eater ? You like it? Is it sweet? Are you fat?

No sir, i'm not a fan of pork.

just lay ur complaints to them and hope they effect the desired change and if not there are other good breads out there.

Dnt cum on Nairaland and launch a smear campaign against Shoprite cos thats obviously what this has turned into.

And lastly, muslims do not determine where the sun rises and where it sets...if u know what i mean.

So y'all better stop acting exclusive cos u wont be missed.

4 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by deols(f): 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
Guitarlife: Having taken time to read through this thread carefully, I can smell a calculated attempt by some disgruntled individuals to unfairly malign the shoprite bread.

Its probably due to the threat that shoprite bread might put other substandard breads out of market.

Its unfortunate though , but even more disturbing is the platyform they are using to achieve their vile aims.

A religion that prides itself as being built on truth and peace shouldn't be found peddling rumours.

I hereby call on the moderators of the islam section to halt the attempt of a selfish few to drag the image of the religion in the mud in such shame.

An unverified claim should not be riding on the back of islam to propagate itself.

Its akin to providing a suitable channel for evil to permeate which is rather unfortunate.

How can the moderators who pride themselves as being fair to all fold their arms as some faceless indivuals throw about damaging and unverified claims in a bid to score cheap points.

This is disturbing and Seun needs to do something about unfair and negative tactics like these.

How can this country mve forward? Its just despicable that someone will derive pleasure in bringing down the business of a hardworking person on the premise of a beer parlour rumour.

No one claimed that it is verified. The op is in a question format.

1 Like

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by deols(f): 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
Hope.At.Hand:

No sir, i'm not a fan of pork.

just lay ur complaints to them and hope they effect the desired change and if not there are other good breads out there.

Dnt cum on Nairaland and launch a smear campaign against Shoprite cos thats obviously what this has turned into.

And lastly, muslims do not determine where the sun rises and where it sets...if u know what i mean.

So y'all better stop acting exclusive cos u wont be missed.

You are just creating bad market for shoprite. But them no even send you errand.
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
usermane: Peace be on you. Are you a muslim? Pig meat is forbidden but pig oil is not(Qur'an 2:172-173)

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by bigtt76(f): 9:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
nchewi: Well, am Commenting because this thread made frontpage!!!

But why use pig-fat, are we in short supply of cow-fat?

You get plenty fat from pig (lard) compared to cow!
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by cremeandchic: 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
deols:

You have no idea. Someone beside me just called her mum to tell her of this..

And I am telling my family members too.Many people are going to.spread the word.

Shoprite is gonna hear it.

The right thing would have been to put the halal sign on their products, if halal
You are already spreading an unverified report? I don't think a good muslim should do that.
Verify the claim first before spreading the news

4 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by richP: 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
Qbaba:
Yeah,you can eat anything because you don't read your bible very well.
dude calm your tits..read Acts 10: 9-16

since you apparently know my bible more than i do

1 Like

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Ayab1203(f): 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
ocman: see this one wey dey chop agege. you dont even know that shoprite makes many sorts of bread ranging from sugar white, sugar brown, sugarless(for diabetic peeps) and salt bread. you dont know that shoprite houses its own bakeries? Try and visit shoprite, and please go inside and stop taking pics outside alone. You would be amazed at the kind of queue you would see in the breadline waiting for oven-fresh bread.

My brother , the day I saw dat queue for d first time I was like rabbish ! The pple in front of d line said they will covert me and dat I could join dem,dat d bread will be out of d bakery in d next couple of minutes. So I waited and tasted. Its nice sha but i don't tink it was worth d whole brouhaha, cos for me tinz like dat makes me suspicious of wether dem put "somtin" inside.
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by switdil(f): 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
richP: dude calm your tits..read Acts 10: 9-16

since you apparently know my bible more than i do
Thank you jare
Some people are there saying unclean unclean
As if they are even cleaner than pig itself
Let's get ourselves clean first
Befor worrying bout wat is clean to eat or not

2 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by tunshe: 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
deols:

My sister, no mind the guy jare.

Some people are lazy to read through comments, all they do is "see a topic and jump into it".
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by seunmatt: 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
ceejay80s: Shoprite na bakery?
They buy & sell to us

Shoprite bake and sell- otondo! grin
They buy & sell to us

Shoprite bake and sell- otondo!
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by tunshe: 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
teskyg: Muslims and their Wahala.

Muslims get wahala? Because we obey our Quran?

You want us to be like you who disobeys your bible? See below;

Leviticus 11:7-8

And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

1 Like

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by DMainMan: 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
I will also try to investigate tomorrow InshaAllah. May Allah guide us

1 Like

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by wman(m): 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
deols:

And I am telling my family members too.Many people are going to.spread the word.

The right thing would have been to put the halal sign on their products, if halal

This is crazy. I respected you a lot. How would you feel if you were the owner of Shoprite and this allegation is wrong?
You are calling your family members about something you are not sure of. They in turn would call others till it spreads round like wildfire till poor Shoprite loses a lot of customers.

Then what?
You then confirm that its o.k to eat it and you call your family members who may not remember to call the others they told before.

In the end the doubt is so enrooted in some that even after Shoprite has been cleared, they'll refuse to continue eating it.

Through your actions, you'll kill another man's business. And you want to suceed?

How would you feel if you were the owner of Shoprite?

Why don't you confirm first before spreading rumors?

And don't blame Shoprite for not putting halal on her products, you should have also said every person in the food industry down to the mama put seller should put halal on their products.

What do you even mean by 'Shoprite must hear it'? Do you have any beef with them?

9 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by lepasharon(f): 11:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
Kosher over Halal undecided...quote for more info
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by mirabilisjalapa: 11:58pm On Nov 03, 2013
They buy & sell to us
U r a 21st century Mumu and utmostly unexposed too. For your info. Shoprite bakes fresh hot bread anytime anyday
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by usisky(m): 12:02am On Nov 04, 2013
Guitarlife: Having taken time to read through this thread carefully, I can smell a calculated attempt by some disgruntled individuals to unfairly malign the shoprite bread.

I think i quite agree with the above. Nonetheless, i believe the MOD was not trying to be malicious by sending the topic to front page. If anything, it is to listen to people's input on the issue and hopefully get the truth out. But then again, it's very important we investigate rumors thoroughly before spreading them because of the after effect if might generate.

Investigate Rumors Before Believing Them

[Qur'an 49:6] O you who believe, if a wicked person brings any news to you, you shall first INVESTIGATE, lest you commit injustice towards some people, out of ignorance, then become sorry and remorseful for what you have done.

PEACE!!!

1 Like

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by gossipmama(f): 12:09am On Nov 04, 2013
#teamporkmeatandoil. For those quoting the Old Testament please read Acts of apostles 10:9-16.
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by usisky(m): 12:11am On Nov 04, 2013
usermane: Peace be on you. Are you a muslim? Pig meat is forbidden but pig oil is not(Qur'an 2:172-173)

Peace my good friend. I am interested in discussing this further, but i think this isn't the proper avenue to do that. The essence of this thread, i believe, is to investigate the allegation as in the OP. So good friend, you may initiate a different thread with a caption as: "which is prohibited, Pork meat, fat or both?"
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by gsalvatore: 12:15am On Nov 04, 2013
gal10: I went to Shoprite (Lekki) and asked to see the manager. I asked point blank if they used pig oil to bake their bread and he said a categorical NO!. I am not a moslem but i dont eat pork or its derivatives cos i dont think it is healthy. I love Shoprite bread so had to clear my spirit.

I should have mentioned it that there is an online campaign against their bread so that they can bring out a press release but i forgot to.

why na?!!!! YOU shouldn't have gone over to their office. i was hoping that the Muslim folks will buy this rumour sharpishly and avoid the bread so that the queue will reduce. Or do you want to tell me you like standing on that queue.

please some one should cook up a rumour for NEXT CASH N CARRY abeg, i want the queue over there to reduce drastically.

person go stand for line say na bread him wan buy as if na the only ATM for the Armpit of civilization.
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by gsalvatore: 12:22am On Nov 04, 2013
tunshe:

Muslims get wahala? Because we obey our Quran?

You want us to be like you who disobeys your bible? See below;

Leviticus 11:7-8

And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

muslims cant understand the bible..its not a NOVEL.

it is good to obey your koran but remember to investigate and get your facts right before you draw conclusion and start spreading the rumour on this bread thing.

Na person Bis be dis oooo.

1 Like

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by usisky(m): 12:24am On Nov 04, 2013
tbaba1234: Usermane, Is pig fat not part of the meat?

Peace Tbaba.

To your question: well, not quite Sir. There's a significant difference between 'meat' and 'fat'. In fact, that is why we call both by different names because they aren't same even though both can be found in the entity PIG. We shall discuss further in an appropriate thread.
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by gossipmama(f): 12:26am On Nov 04, 2013
#copied
Let us look at a couple of the verses you have pulled.
Start with Peter in Acts 10
12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat." 14 But Peter said, "Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean." 15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed you must not call common
We see God telling Peter to eat, and Peter refusing.
Then we See God telling Peter not to call "common" that which God has "Cleansed".

Implication? God has Cleansed Pork and therefore it is no longer "unclean".

Next you refer to Acts 15:29:
that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.
No mention of Pork here or of "unclean foods". The prohibition is not agianst the type of food. It is against eating that offered to Idols.

Sorry - but these verses, nor any other in the New Testament Hold up.
Are you by chance Muslim?

Peace
James
Peace
James
To elaborate on this:

The passages here illustrate an important point. God is re-illustrating to Peter that much of the strictures of the Old Covenant no longer apply. God is pointing out to Peter that, in following the New Covenant, such restrictions are no longer in place.

Thus, as Christians, we are by definition of the New Covenant not required to follow Jewish (Old Covenant) dietary restrictions. Christians do not practice Judaic law. It is also why the commandment of the Lord's Day now falls on a Sunday, and not the Sabbath.

1 Like

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by infolekan(m): 3:29am On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

The right thing would have been for the op to go there and confirm before posting this online.
People like you create mass panic for no reason. The halal sign might not be there for the simple reason that Shoprite isn't coming from a Muslim country and going online to smear a companies name is libelous at its best.
Why call your mum to tell her not to eat the bread again when you haven't confirmed poo.
It's people like you that rebroadcast stories of HIV blood in coca cola and funny things like don't buy bread with red nylon....ut has been poisoned by Boko haram.
And you'll be acting decent and educated later. Smh for you.

6 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by infolekan(m): 3:43am On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

Quran 49:6. Read it.
The best place to ask such questions is in their shop and not here. And it would have been better if you had confirmed first before calling all sundry to stop eating it BEFORE confirming it.
It's like accusing someone of being a child molester......even if the accusation is later found to be false, people would still have the doubt in their mind and would probably never leave their children with that person.
Some things are better confirmed before being brought to a public forum.
I chose to reply you cos all the other posters here have been talking reasonably well like adults but it seems you're hell bent on creating mass panic.

2 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Nobody: 4:23am On Nov 04, 2013
gossipmama:
#copied
Let us look at a couple of the verses you have pulled.
Start with Peter in Acts 10
12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat." 14 But Peter said, "Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean." 15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed you must not call common
We see God telling Peter to eat, and Peter refusing.
Then we See God telling Peter not to call "common" that which God has "Cleansed".

Implication? God has Cleansed Pork and therefore it is no longer "unclean".

Next you refer to Acts 15:29:
that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.
No mention of Pork here or of "unclean foods". The prohibition is not agianst the type of food. It is against eating that offered to Idols.

Sorry - but these verses, nor any other in the New Testament Hold up.
Are you by chance Muslim?

Peace
James
Peace
James
To elaborate on this:

The passages here illustrate an important point. God is re-illustrating to Peter that much of the strictures of the Old Covenant no longer apply. God is pointing out to Peter that, in following the New Covenant, such restrictions are no longer in place.

Thus, as Christians, we are by definition of the New Covenant not required to follow Jewish (Old Covenant) dietary restrictions. Christians do not practice Judaic law. It is also why the commandment of the Lord's Day now falls on a Sunday, and not the Sabbath.
so wat has all this got to do wit them you are quoting bible 4 them like they are xtians... Just let them be it is their religion.
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by walesho(m): 5:01am On Nov 04, 2013
They buy & sell to us

Sorry bro hope no offense? Have u ever been to Shoprite before?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Islamic Female Names And Their Meanings / Sheikh Mustapha Zuglool Is Dead And Buried / Muslim Singer Praises Allah with ‘Zazoo Zeh’ (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.