Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? (22979 Views)

Pork Fat Used In Shoprite Bread? / Norway Muslims Protest Prophet Pig Cartoon / 90% of Loaves of Bread include Enzymes from the Pancreas of PIGS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by deols(f): 6:03am On Nov 04, 2013
wman:

This is crazy. I respected you a lot. How would you feel if you were the owner of Shoprite and this allegation is wrong?
You are calling your family members about something you are not sure of. They in turn would call others till it spreads round like wildfire till poor Shoprite loses a lot of customers.

Then what?
You then confirm that its o.k to eat it and you call your family members who may not remember to call the others they told before.

In the end the doubt is so enrooted in some that even after Shoprite has been cleared, they'll refuse to continue eating it.

Through your actions, you'll kill another man's business. And you want to suceed?

How would you feel if you were the owner of Shoprite?

Why don't you confirm first before spreading rumors?

And don't blame Shoprite for not putting halal on her products, you should have also said every person in the food industry down to the mama put seller should put halal on their products.

What do you even mean by 'Shoprite must hear it'? Do you have any beef with them?

You are just absolutely irrational.

I was calling them. But to tell them what?

You can read but cannot reason it out? So you assumed I would tell them to stop eating shoprite bread even when I didn't know whether they eat it or not.

Not everyone is like you..don't dare assume you know how they do things.

You are being very irrational with this post. All over the world, it is well known what Muslims would consume and not and big coys have always complied with these laws especially when not only Muslims follow it.

The right thing for shoprite is to show us the nutritional info on their product and tell us the ingredients contained in the bread. It is not too much to ask for. It is a part of our consumer rights.

It is emotional ways of dealing with things backed by law, like you are doing that has set us back for decades. No one is planning yo kill their business. We just want to consume the right things.

Many people will verify and maybe shoprite will issue a statement after which everyone can go on eating their bread or not.

2 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by deols(f): 6:05am On Nov 04, 2013
If the allegation is wrong and we now have many people going over to confirm it, isn't that a good development.

2 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by modupewealth: 6:47am On Nov 04, 2013
I doubt if ds could be true.the management would definitely no dat muslims don't eat pig or are there no muslims in their organisation?
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by DMainMan: 7:19am On Nov 04, 2013
gossipmama:

#copied
Let us look at a couple of the verses you have pulled.
Start with Peter in Acts 10
12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat." 14 But Peter said, "Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean." 15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed you must not call common
We see God telling Peter to eat, and Peter refusing.
Then we See God telling Peter not to call "common" that which God has "Cleansed".

Implication? God has Cleansed Pork and therefore it is no longer "unclean".

Next you refer to Acts 15:29:
that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.
No mention of Pork here or of "unclean foods". The prohibition is not agianst the type of food. It is against eating that offered to Idols.

Sorry - but these verses, nor any other in the New Testament Hold up.
Are you by chance Muslim?

Peace
James
Peace
James
To elaborate on this:

The passages here illustrate an important point. God is re-illustrating to Peter that much of the strictures of the Old Covenant no longer apply. God is pointing out to Peter that, in following the New Covenant, such restrictions are no longer in place.

Thus, as Christians, we are by definition of the New Covenant not required to follow Jewish (Old Covenant) dietary restrictions. Christians do not practice Judaic law. It is also why the commandment of the Lord's Day now falls on a Sunday, and not the Sabbath.

But the verse of tithe was in old testament. Dis christians ar so funny. De wil take d verse dat favours dem but reject d ones dat is against them. Wat a religion. Hahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by toprealman: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2013
OP do you know the content of coca cola?
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 04, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Kx: 9:35am On Nov 04, 2013
Let us not drag this sensitive thread down the "gutter' of religious debate.

It is purely customer service in my opinion. Whether islam outlaws pig or pork is not the issue.

Even the idol worshipper or christian or atheist that is consuming Shoprite bread deserve to know the ingredients to enable him make the decision to consume or not.

How come Value Bread,UTC, etc and a few Agege breads bodly display BROMATE FREE on their labels as mandated by the regulators- whoever they are- and shoprite does not see the need to inform consumers that their bread contains pig oil or pork IF the allegation is true?

Shoprite should be made to confirm or clear the allegation in the interest of the public.

1 Like

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Hero10001: 10:04am On Nov 04, 2013
slimyem: Who cares??

Everything created by God is all good. wink cool
Yes o..
Bad belle pple wan spoil market for shoprite..
Muslims should stop counter-quoting the Quran against Pig, meat, bones, fat and whatever.
If it's ok with you, eat it and if otherwise, don't eat it..
Pork is the sweetest though..
;-)
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Theeni: 10:51am On Nov 04, 2013
toprealman: OP do you know the content of coca cola?
Yes I know the content of Coca Cola. I stopped taking it for about 2 years now cause the caramel used in making it (the type produced industrially) was discovered at that time to be carcinogenic. The FDA banned the use of that type of caramel in Coca Cola in the USA. But we in Nigeria, so you know the rest of the story....
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 04, 2013
usermane: Peace be on you. Are you a muslim? Pig meat is forbidden but pig oil is not(Qur'an 2:172-173)
is the name not pig? U no they chop pig but u dey like oil..penny wise pan foolish
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by deols(f): 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
Stånd:

Interesting! But you told someone and the person called her mother. Let us assume the mother called her grandmother who in turn called her neighbors.... That is how deols succeeded in spreading unverified news; hereby smearing shoprite's image....All for what?

I am supposed to take the blame now cos some of you fail to reason??

Keep it up! wink
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

Keep it up! wink

dear deols,
please modify your earlier post. You made a mistake and you should admit it. Simply modify it instead of trying to justify it. Everyone makes mistakes besides you are a mod. Accept you made a mistake modify it and move on.
P.s i'm a muslim

3 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by deols(f): 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
Akinmail:

dear deols,
please modify your earlier post. You made a mistake and you should admit it. Simply modify it instead of trying to justify it. Everyone makes mistakes besides you are a mod. Accept you made a mistake modify it and move on.
P.s i'm a muslim

What mistake?
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
Who is spreading this useless rumour? When margerine (vegetable fat) is cheaper, why would a profit making company go and import pig fat (lard)? In a country where at least 50% are muslims? Even some christians don't eat pig. Who is spreading this useless rumour?

Abeg, commot make we pass.
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
The comment in which you said you've informed your parents about the pork oil and then you said.....''shoprite are gonna hear it today''........ Something like that sha. You should modify that your post.
Thanks.
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by infolekan(m): 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

Keep it up! wink

Knew you had a sharp tongue ( or maybe finger) but dint know you're a MOD.
Try and read through what you wrote initially about calling your folks.
Read through it...digest it and tell someone to read it out to you again and try to post an apology to those you've insulted

2 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by NurseJP(m): 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
I only tasted Shoprite Bread whem my Nursing colleagues went τ̲̅ȍ Neuro Psychiatric hospital Enugu,so τ̲̅ȍ me,shoperite Bread is N̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇τ̩̩̥  my agenda since A̶̲̥̅♏ far from Enugu!
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by richP: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
DMainMan:

But the verse of tithe was in old testament. Dis christians ar so funny. De wil take d verse dat favours dem but reject d ones dat is against them. Wat a religion. Hahahahaha
same way moslems reject verses encouraging violence?? hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Hajayasha(m): 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
usermane: Peace be on you. Are you a muslim? Pig meat is forbidden but pig oil is not(Qur'an 2:172-173)
PLS DON'T JOKE WITH RELIGIOUS MATTERS,QURAN 2:172 -173 never ask Muslims to eat any part of pig or pig oil,it's forbidden pls verse 173 said if its out of necessity or you re forced or do not know,pls read these verses well and check their meanings,you re wrong or not a Muslim qed

2 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Nely77(m): 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

You miss the 'all' part.

Pig is not to be eaten. It does not mean that you can not benefit from pig at all. If for example, its skin is used for leather, wearing its products like belt or wrist watch would be ok.

In that case, pig is good for a reason but not all good.

When you say that fire is all good. Then being burnt by fire must be so good cheesy

I am a Christian but I am really enjoying the discussion. Please I would like to add here that the quoted statement is wrong. Even the best food you eat is good but could turn to be very bad if you abuse it. So I strongly believe that everything God created is good so long as you put it to good use. I have not said that you should leave your belief but I am commenting on the issue of fire being good or bad.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Temimine(f): 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
Hello to all.
Salam alaykum brothers and sisters.
I can not help but comment on this issue. But b4 going ahead with my findings i will like to appeal to my fellow muslim and and muslimah that we shld be careful about our daily activities whether thru social network or not. Islam teaches us abt dealing with pple he be a muslim or not. We cant fight for Allah. Let them see the teaches of islam in our behaviour and manner. Leave all forms of arguement even if you are right is what the prophet teaches us and to verify inform pass to us b4 action on them. All forms of suspicion is forbid. Let be minded of our deen and service to Allah

1 Like

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Hardeshyna(m): 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
undecided d only reason am stil following dis thread is cos some ppl said dey ll try nd visit shoprite today nd feed us back.... well am still waiting oooo... dnt let my d beans wey I put 4 fire burn finish undecided

1 Like

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Temimine(f): 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
To the topic - i am a muslimah and a regular consumer of shoprite bread. I was fearful for myself when i saw the post cause i know what the wt is as a muslim if the above post is true. I thereby went to shoprite to verify since i am affectd. The managemt said they dont use pig oil or fat or and pig product. Says and i quote "if u need any info, visit www. Shoprite.za"
pls let verify issue b4 passing it on it be in form of statement or question.
Jazakumullah khairan. Hope dis will bring an end to the post.

1 Like

Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Hardeshyna(m): 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
Temimine: To the topic - i am a muslimah and a regular consumer of shoprite bread. I was fearful for myself when i saw the post cause i know what the wt is as a muslim if the above post is true. I thereby went to shoprite to verify since i am affectd. The managemt said they dont use pig oil or fat or and pig product. Says and i quote "if u need any info, visit www. Shoprite.za"
jazakum lah khairan sis.... I really appreciate. .... guess I can unfollow dis thread now.... my beans dun done
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by touchmeder: 11:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
deols:

What mistake?

You have no idea. Someone beside me just called her mum to tell her of this..

And I am telling my family members too.Many people are going to.spread the word.

Shoprite is gonna hear it.

The right thing would have been to put the halal sign on their products, if halal

Thats it. You cant be calling people and spreading false rumor when you have not confirmed from Shoprite if this allegation is true.
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 04, 2013
DMainMan:

tank u my broda thers no old covenant abi..but they put tithe claim Abraham blessings use sarah for example use king david nd solomon for example yet no old covenant ..mumu pple..God said from generation to generation.. Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the laws of the prophets but to make them come too pass..so broda plz ask them what ther saying..everyone chooses were e go suit am..unaaa welldone oo
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
those pple that's sayin dat ntn like old testament why do u still read psalms of david..why don't u use only new testament bible..wrong interpretation of bible..everyone is preaching to favour him or her..that's what nigerian love stress free..
Re: Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? by Theeni: 5:45am On Nov 05, 2013
Temimine: To the topic - i am a muslimah and a regular consumer of shoprite bread. I was fearful for myself when i saw the post cause i know what the wt is as a muslim if the above post is true. I thereby went to shoprite to verify since i am affectd. The managemt said they dont use pig oil or fat or and pig product. Says and i quote "if u need any info, visit www. Shoprite.za"
Thanks. But www.shoprite.za as a webpage is not responding. You sure that is their correct website?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Islamic Female Names And Their Meanings / Sheikh Mustapha Zuglool Is Dead And Buried / Muslim Singer Praises Allah with ‘Zazoo Zeh’ (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.