Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,584 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon (30902 Views)

Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You / Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten / Ifa Orisa Religion - Is This Our True Identity: Our True Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ijobaorun:
thats true, but
JESUS is the WAY, TRUTH and LIVE... No one get to the FATHER except by HIM...

Do you even read your bible before splitting trash? Jesus died for the Jew....pls are you a jew?

The bible God is a wicked and racist God who support slavery of other nation, destruction of other nation and the hatred toward other nation. That is why he is called God of Israel.

Wake up African.....or you end up as slave ever

3 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2013
Moremony:

WHERE WERE OUR FOREFATHERS AND IFA DURING THE FIRST AND SECOND WORLD WAR IF THEY WERE REALLY POWERFUL AS CLAIMED AND EVEN POWERFUL THAN THE FOREIGN ARMIES AND THEIR BOMBS?

I HOPE THAT SIR IFAYEMI IS NOT REFERING TO THOSE IFA THAT REQUIRE BLOOD OF VIRGINS EVERY YEAR?

And who told you America won the war?

Ifa do not support human sacrifice. You need to seek more knowledge
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by felifeli: 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
Sapphire86: This is a Babalawo 2.0 that consults with emails!

Soon Apple is going to release an app for ifa.

#expressconnectionthingz

#TeamJesus all the way.

It is only impatience that would make sum1 run from Church to Shrine or Ifa's house!

LOL As a matter of fact I now have Ifa app on my ipad .

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by myola(m): 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
Aladinn:

Your comment reek of ignorance while trying effortlessly to laden it with thoughtfulness. Is God almighty a localized entity? Does he belong to the xtians alone? That the traditional african belief system bowed to the christian and Islamic belief was not because of a "wondrous working God" as you want us to believe. The two most widespread religion had the monopoly of guns, cannons, swords, sabers ans daggers. Ask yourself, why is judaism( the parent religion to both christianity and islam) not as widespread as the other two. Is the christian God now powerful than the judaic God? Muslims conquered Jerusalem from Christians and ruled for over 700years. Are we going to assume that the muslim God is more powerful than the christian God? The foreign religions were able to gloat over their concept of a religious beliefs which the african belief systems ( defeated militarily) have to accept. Its all about the interplay between the pysche of the victor and the vanquished. Please, do tell me one new thing foreign religion changed in the youruba belief system? Fornication was frown at, same as stealing, killing and any other social vice. Taking foreign religion as the only TRUE source is a defeated pysche at work. All man to his choice. No grudges.

Million thanks for ur response. I have been cracking my brain how to respond to his posting & you bail me out.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by khattab02: 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
shine-eye:
I consider this ifa priest to be a very sincere ignorant man. Christianity is not a foreign religion in the same context as knowledge of scientific facts is not foreign to any people. Abraham was a devoted idol worshiper as were his forefathers and indeed the whole of ancient humanity. Through many indisputable proofs, God Almighty has revealed HE is not in league with the gods of our forefathers neither is HE tolerant of giving His Glory to any of them. Our early association with these gods, revealed to be devils rebellious and oppossed to GOD, was founded on our helplessness then. These gods are without doubt of some means yet with the agenda to perpetually enslave and without any means of bringing man to the glory GOD designed. The days of ignorance have passed away. The truth is a reality available to all and not foreign to any people on earth. Those who choose to wallow in the old order have no excuse. Yet a little while, and all about the old must become extinct according to the determined counsel of GOD.
Abraham(a.s) a devoted idol worshipper? Please get your fact right.

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
felifeli:

LOL As a matter of fact I now have Ifa app on my ipad .

A group of sixteen Ikin, commonly known as sacred palm nuts, which are used to create binary data.........

Microprocessor Assembly Code is written in Hexadecimal (base 16)

We do not need to separate science from spirituality in order to uphold the materialist power structure. Science is the profound source of spirituality. Technological revolution is embedded in Ifa....Africa needs to wake up
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Mercyraheem: 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
Allahuakbar!!! Islam is the total way of life....

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by toluxe0075: 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
It is so painful alot of people didn't read thru d interview, i blame the punch journalist and op for using the wrong headline,because majority just posted their comment on what they read on the headline whereas the interview is more than that, this interview brings up some point we all need to ponder on

2 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Aladinn(m): 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
Moremony:

WHERE WERE OUR FOREFATHERS AND IFA DURING THE FIRST AND SECOND WORLD WAR IF THEY WERE REALLY POWERFUL AS CLAIMED AND EVEN POWERFUL THAN THE FOREIGN ARMIES AND THEIR BOMBS?

I HOPE THAT SIR IFAYEMI IS NOT REFERING TO THOSE IFA THAT REQUIRE BLOOD OF VIRGINS EVERY YEAR?

30 And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD,
and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the
children of Ammon into mine hands,
31 Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh
forth of the doors of my house to meet me,
when I return in peace from the children of
Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will
offer it up for a burnt offering.

34 And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his
house, and, behold, his daughter came out to
meet him with timbrels and with dances: and
she was his only child; beside her he had
neither son nor daughter.
35 And it came to pass, when he saw her, that
he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my
daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and
thou art one of them that trouble me: for I
have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I
cannot go back.

39 And it came to pass at the end of two
months, that she returned unto her father,
who did with her according to his vow which
he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it
was a custom in Israel,

You'll need to answer the question you posted above by explaining this scriptures from Judges 11.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by khattab02: 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
Aladinn:

Your comment reek of ignorance while trying effortlessly to laden it with thoughtfulness. Is God almighty a localized entity? Does he belong to the xtians alone? That the traditional african belief system bowed to the christian and Islamic belief was not because of a "wondrous working God" as you want us to believe. The two most widespread religion had the monopoly of guns, cannons, swords, sabers ans daggers. Ask yourself, why is judaism( the parent religion to both christianity and islam) not as widespread as the other two. Is the christian God now powerful than the judaic God? Muslims conquered Jerusalem from Christians and ruled for over 700years. Are we going to assume that the muslim God is more powerful than the christian God? The foreign religions were able to gloat over their concept of a religious beliefs which the african belief systems ( defeated militarily) have to accept. Its all about the interplay between the pysche of the victor and the vanquished. Please, do tell me one new thing foreign religion changed in the youruba belief system? Fornication was frown at, same as stealing, killing and any other social vice. Taking foreign religion as the only TRUE source is a defeated pysche at work. All man to his choice. No grudges.
Point to be noted, Judaism is not the parent religion of Islam. Both religions are different Though there are similarities.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Aladinn(m): 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
myola:

Million thanks for ur response. I have been cracking my brain how to respond to his posting & you bail me out.

Bro, history exposes everything, most especially the vanities of the jihadists and the crusaders as it concerns their quest over Jerusalem. Its all politics and economic, and never religious.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Orikinla(m): 1:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
Only fake pastors and imams consult IFA.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Aladinn(m): 1:11pm On Oct 26, 2013
khattab02: Point to be noted, Judaism is not the parent religion of Islam. Both religions are different Though there are similarities.

Hahaha. How come the tales of Abraham and co, up to jesus are similar to that of the hebrews? I know you will want to defend the originality of your religion. The christains will also want to do the same. I understand your point.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Nigeriakan: 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
Mercyraheem: Allahuakbar!!! Islam is the total way of life....
And Boko Haram and Al-Quaeda are the sub-total.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by knowledge4(m): 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jesus is the Way, The Truth and the Life (John 14:6).
There is no other name given to men under heaven for salvation other than Jesus (Acts 4:12).
The Lord knows those who are truly His (2 Timothy 2:19).
Those who are named by the Lord should depart from iniquity (2 Timothy 2:19).
That a Pastor does what is contrary to 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 does not make it right (Exodus 23:2). We shall give individual accounts before God (2 Corinthians 5:10) and God is no respecter of persons.
The road that goes to destruction is a broad way and many are on that road including pastors who deny Christ (Matthew 7:13-14)
There is a way that seems right before men but the end of it is destruction (Proverbs 14:12).
Many false Christs will arise and will deceive many in the Last Days (Matthew 24:5&11) These pastors are false ministers(Matthew 7:15-20). They are workers of iniquity who will end up in hellfire (Matthew 7:22-23).
Jesus Christ warned us in Matthew 24:4 to 'Take Heed That No Man Deceive You'.
Every deed for good or evil conducted in secret will be exposed in the light on the Day of Judgment (Ecclesiastes 12:14)
The duty of man on Earth is to fear God and obey His commandments(Ecclesiastes 12:13) which these Pastors have violated.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by isaiahethan: 1:58pm On Oct 26, 2013
Too long to read,abeg I need a drink weather is too hot.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
I cnt stp wondering why the two main concentration of old testament are now converted majorly to muslims, does that mean islamic God is higher than Christian God? Egyptian and Isrealite are nw mostly muslims, so why do we Africans still carry it for head when 'his people' isrealites have denied the fact that jesus is their savior and he deserves their worship? I cnt serve Ifa either way
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by peterphd(m): 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
All these ifa apologists are spewing rubbish.so ifa is now universal? This is the same claim that Christianity is universal.it is the same enforcement of a tribal god upon different people.There is no universal god and nobody is swearing by any ile before taking a public office.Ifa should give us the cure for aids if it is scientific and universal.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by ajasa4link: 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
OlamiB: I cnt stp wondering why the two main concentration of old testament are now converted majorly to muslims, does that mean islamic God is higher than Christian God? Egyptian and Isrealite are nw mostly muslims, so why do we Africans still carry it for head when 'his people' isrealites have denied the fact that jesus is their savior and he deserves their worship? I cnt serve Ifa either way

Can u please provide authentic data for us,i mean statistics indicating the percentage of jews who practice islam,percentage of jews who practise juddaism ,percentage of jews who practice christianity as well so as to backup ur claims or are u just speculating based on hearsay?
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Jobabori(m): 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=28pt]PAGAN & PROUD![/size]
Pls define whom a pagan is sir cos ifa followers (not worshipers) believe in God too.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by khattab02: 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
Aladinn:

Hahaha. How come the tales of Abraham and co, up to jesus are similar to that of the hebrews? I know you will want to defend the originality of your religion. The christains will also want to do the same. I understand your point.
thanks! If you comparate well, you will see the differences.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by Almustee(m): 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
Alhamdulilah (thank God) am a muslim. Oh ya Allah whenever am going to die let die as complete muslim. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by skyscraperTM(m): 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2013
This man seemed to be very intelligent despite not being in the fore-front of a school. I love the way he answered all the questions.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by khattab02: 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
Almustee: Alhamdulilah (thank God) am a muslim. Oh ya Allah whenever am going to die let die as complete muslim. Amen
ameeeen thumma ameeeen!
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by josite: 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
though I do not subscribe to ife.this man sounds very credible.indeed very articulate more than many pastors and cleric.to think he didn't have an official schooling and yet can be this credible is amazing.
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by josite: 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
This man seemed to be very intelligent despite not being in the fore-front of a school. I love the way he answered all the questions.
far more intelligent than jonathan,i must add.

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by macof(m): 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
vislabraye: Na wa Oh !! Ifa priest dey pull weight. I wonder how he would have coped in the days of Paul the apostles.
Those xtians were really filled and performed all sort of miracles.
But note that the devil can't give U anything for free.
Ifa and all aspect of Aborisha has nothing to do with the devil.

We get our wisdom, knowledge and powers from Olodumare

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by macof(m): 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
Moremony:

I don't knw why u are this unintelligent

The gods or Ifa can't come to solve political or war problems without men making an effort. I advise you learn about the Yoruba religion, you would gain a lot from the knowledge

I have never heard of blood of virgin sacrifice in all of yorubaland. It has never happened before

Orunmila a da e l'ogbon

1 Like

Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by macof(m): 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
vislabraye: Na wa Oh !! Ifa priest dey pull weight. I wonder how he would have coped in the days of Paul the apostles.
Those xtians were really filled and performed all sort of miracles.
But note that the devil can't give U anything for free.
Ifa and all aspect of Aborisha has nothing to do with the devil.

We get our wisdom, knowledge and powers from Olodumare
Re: Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon by macof(m): 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2013
khattab02: Abraham(a.s) a devoted idol worshipper? Please get your fact right.
yes Abraham was a pagan all his life
And We all know paganism deals with idols

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lumumba: Churches With Husband And Wife Pastors Are Pyramid Scheme (VIDEO) / #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. / UNN Witchcraft Conference: CAN Fixes Prayer Conference On The Same Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.