Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,111 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Is Cheating Normal For Men? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Cheating Normal For Men? (26178 Views)

MY BROTHER IS Cheating On His Wife / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum / Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Zikkie(f): 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2013
@Op, pls just take things easy biko! I understand perfectly how u feel, and I completely disagree with all those who feel it's as a result of what u did or didn't do dat makes ur hubby cheat! Men are men! Its completely abnormal, but generally, men have made it look like the norm! Forgetting that 'the road which leads to destruction is very wide!!! Do u have kids?? Channel much of ur love and attention to them! Do more of the things that make u happy.... Cos, I always wonder why most men want very perfect wives all round, but are not willing to make sacrifices to have a happy home! What then is d essence of the so-called marriage I taya o

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Shezzman: 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
Not normal but sometimes the hormonal rush can be dictative...
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by OBUKOMENA: 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
kilode95: E be like say i go remove marriage from my agenda cry
Do u easily get influenced by people's opinion?
There are still men who would rather die than disobey God's commandment,I tellya!
Forget what they are saying in here.

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by profvic3: 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
ya very normal.actually i hav 2 galfwends.one in skul n d other at ohm.u cn call it ohm n away.bt dy ar f**kin up criously tongue
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2013
Infomizer: Real men don't cheat, they get what they want. Insecure women call it cheating...wink

Mtchewww
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by ashson: 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
Men are Naturally Polygamous, I guess thats why Islam allow them to marry 4 wives...
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 28, 2013
SMH at some comments here. They're even proud to be cheating! Booo!

Cheating isn't normal. If he cheats, measure his worth, work it out (if he's still worth it-kids/marriage) or dump him.
Cheating automatically makes him not worth it anyway.
Once I find out, that's the end.

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
Download an old-school classic by the S.O.S Band, titled 'Just the Way You Like It'.

Listen to the lyrics carefully, and learn how to be a sensible woman.
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by WildChild00(m): 5:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
[b] First of all let's clear up something here. For every guy that's cheating, there usually is a girl that is cheating also. It takes two to tango. Women cheat just as much as men. "Is it normal to cheat?"..unfortunately with as many people that do, it would seem so. But you need to understand that this is not the majority and the ones that move on to someone else, normally do so after ending their relationship with their partner. You should realize that many or most couples that are truly in love and make the commitment to one another remain true to each other. There are different reasons for people to cheat, none of which are justifiable. People may get caught up in a weak moment and let something happen that normally wouldn't. Others may feel that something is missing in their present relationship and decide to cheat to try and fill in a void. Then there are some that make commitments for assorted reasons, such as pregnancy or jealousy, but are not serious or have no intentions of staying true to those commitments. Cheating is wrong and people should end their relationships before ever doing so. Granted that there are times that after cheating, someone may find themselves wishing it had never happened and they realize they really want to keep the relationship with the one they truly love, but the partner they cheated on should have the final say in whether to try to make it work or not. It's sad you are in a family situation with infidelity, but don't let this make you think it is normal. Use this in making your decisions stronger when choosing a mate.
[/b]
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 28, 2013
Since he has refused to stop, provide him wit condoms so he wouldn't get infections outside n infect u oh!
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Jbravo58(m): 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2013
To be frank wit you all, i learnt alot here today WoW!!!

But i don't think CHEATING is the best way to solve marriage problems as i'm concern...

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2013
By the way, this goes to men. The more faithful you are to one woman (wife or girlfriend), the more likely you are to be cheated on, believe it or not. I can probably explain the dynamic behind that, but I'd leave that for another day. Suffice it to say, however, that faithful men are essentially predictable men. Unfortunately, almost every woman is wired to dishonour predictable men.

No-nonsense husbands who refresh themselves with periodic trysts (while maintaining a strict leash on their wives) seldom suffer the indignity of being cuckolded.

7 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2013
@OP, it's not normal for ANY gender to cheat. Cheating is bad and should be condemned. All these "men are polygamous in nature" is pure crap. A man or woman that values his or her partner won't cheat her.

vivianc: 2. No, asking for a total faithfulness is not asking for too much. It is not your fault that your hubby cheats, it is his fault!

I have problem with your 98% deduction. How did you come about your fallacy?. Which research did you or anybody carry out and came to the conclusion that 98% men cheat?. And about your number 2, in as much as cheating is bad, you can't say the fault of her hubby cheating is not her's. It can be her of fault. Some ladies push their hubbies into cheating though not all the times but it doesn't justifying the men cheating nor the women cheating though

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by baby124: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
If you say cheating is normal for men, then it is also normal for women. Believe it or not, women have just as much drive to cheat as men do. Na society and cultural expectations dey restrain them. If you break your covenant of marriage and blame it on you being the man, accept it when your wife tries to become the woman too.

4 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2013
Queenyprinxex: haha!!! Wedding of life. Wuz jez jokin o. D last thin i'l eva do z to trust a guy. He's dated 4 girls after we met and like i dint and dnt care sinz he hasnt ringed my finger yet.
haha ur own case na special case ooo wey suppose dey court of romance!!!4 girls?and u are still in the relationship!?abi u sef dey play away match?because girls cheat too and not the guys only!!oya whisper to me if you play away match too,oya come on whisper to daddy ear jare!!daddy is listening to u,dad won't tell anyone!!!!
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Queenyprinxex(f): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2013
I fink itz normal if u still single buh once u married i wont accept dat. Buh like seriously, can men cheat wifout we girlz?
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2013
Queenyprinxex: I fink itz normal if u still single buh once u married i wont accept dat
ur username na wa ooo,na u be queen and na u still be princess ba?lord have mercy!!"Lol,but anyways i won't cheat on u when we get married but don't cheat on me too.
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2013
cheating...gals r boring...dats all...u can't box a nigga in...u think ur dude aint cheating...dats de best way to avoid geting hurt
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
SCRADO: cheating...gals r boring...dats all...u can't box a nigga in...u think ur dude aint cheating...dats de best way to avoid geting hurt
wetin this old man dey yahn?
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by kpolli(m): 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2013
Cheating is normal for men is the excuse every cheat gives when he is caught....

Cheating is not normal, not upto 50% of men cheat but due to the fact that most women won't settle with the good ones.... They have to share the few bad ones while the good ones stay single....

It would surprise you how many husbands stay faithful

Always remember, good news is never spread..... You never hear that guy has been faithful for 50yrs, you always hear that guy cheated the day after he got married.

4 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Coolval222(m): 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2013
omniwater007: Normally,a man is specifically designed for like 5-10 women.And that was our culture before the 'oyinbos' came with their 'one man,one wife rule'.And the question is-WHO WILL MARRY THE REMAINING ONES WHEN ALL THE AVAILABLE GUYS ARE MARRIED?

So you see,we're using the limited available resources to satisfy the insatiable human(women) wants which have alternative uses.
Then who's to blame?
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by obisage(m): 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2013
my married elder sister would always tell me
"the fastest way for a woman to commit suicide
IS TO TRY TO PROTECT HIS HUSBAND'S D.I.C.K"

So its normal for men to cheat
95 percent of men cheat.
the only 5 percent who don't
cheat are those who don't have
the opportunity.

my advice is to make ur husband to
take u as "FIRST IN A MILLION"
Cos if he takes u as "ONE IN A MILLION"
YOU are completely Finished!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by soulglo: 7:10pm On Oct 28, 2013
WildChild00: [b] First of all let's clear up something here. For every guy that's cheating, there usually is a girl that is cheating also. It takes two to tango. Women cheat just as much as men. "Is it normal to cheat?"..unfortunately with as many people that do, it would seem so. But you need to understand that this is not the majority and the ones that move on to someone else, normally do so after ending their relationship with their partner. You should realize that many or most couples that are truly in love and make the commitment to one another remain true to each other. There are different reasons for people to cheat, none of which are justifiable. People may get caught up in a weak moment and let something happen that normally wouldn't. Others may feel that something is missing in their present relationship and decide to cheat to try and fill in a void. Then there are some that make commitments for assorted reasons, such as pregnancy or jealousy, but are not serious or have no intentions of staying true to those commitments. Cheating is wrong and people should end their relationships before ever doing so. Granted that there are times that after cheating, someone may find themselves wishing it had never happened and they realize they really want to keep the relationship with the one they truly love, but the partner they cheated on should have the final say in whether to try to make it work or not. It's sad you are in a family situation with infidelity, but don't let this make you think it is normal. Use this in making your decisions stronger when choosing a mate.
[/b]

You are so right. I too also believe that women are just as likely to cheat as men. Also I believe that someone who thinks his partner will put up with the cheating will find it easier to take that step to cheat. When people want to do something that they know is bad they have to rationalize it first. A woman might cheat and the way she rationalizes it is that her husband has cheated. A man that cheats might say I know my wife will not leave me and I will not do this again anyway. There is always that thing that people will tell themselves to make a bad thing seem good if they want it enough.

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by ifoundmyperfect: 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2013
solidhomes: Please I need to know if I am living in a fool's world. I've been told severally not to bother myself about a cheating husband because it is very normal men to cheat, but I never seem to be able to bear it when I find out my hubby has been having an extra-marital affair. I have tried to talk myself out of feeling very bad but it has never worked for me. Is expecting total faithfulness from one's hubby too much to ask for? And if it is, I need to know practical ways to get over the feeling of hurt and betrayal. Or better, tips to lock up every feeling inside of me and just relate with him like a roommate whom I just owe some duties.

I empathise with you.
Here is my contribution.
Men are naturally polygamous in nature. Most of us lack self control and discipline in spite of how much we may claim to love you. You must also put this into account, some of us have come a long way as regards experience. Some of which may not be too pleasant which consequently makes it hard for the man to offer 100% commitment in his relationship with his partner. (It goes both ways). So when it comes to this, it is expected for the couples to come to a common ground and thrash out any looming distrust. However, as far as cheating is concerned, both sexes are impressionable to it. Its not just a male thing. Although there is no excuse for cheating, there is always a motive. If you can find out what the motive was, you are half way into solving the problem, so it doesn't get to repeat itself. You must also have it at the back of your head, some people are just chronic and unrepentant cheats. I pray that is not your case. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Kanwulia: 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2013
slap1: You sound hurt and silly.

E be like say that my post wey you quote struck your 'bundle of HIS'. wink
The guilty are afraid huh? wink Read again!!! grin

Kanwulia: [size=20pt]1. Cheating is VERY NORMAL FOR ALL MEN!!! If they do not cheat with their bodies, THEY SLEEP ONLINE AND SUPER-CHEAT WITH THEIR MINDS!!!! kiss

The "craftiest" ones aka EMOTIONAL-SCAMMERS will even give you ALL USER-IDs and PASSWORDS so they can be jeeerrrking-off behind your moo-moo azzzze while face-booking with others with YOUR WOR-WOR happy face with "GORILLA-TEETH" and all on their profile pages! cheesy

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeew!!!![/size]

Ya! Sho yo rite.
Because a NL monkey-man broke both my azze and 'art'. cry cry cry cry cry
. . . And I have committed SWEEEECIDE like one of ya NL DING-BATS! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

*kpafinka-kpafinka*

In your wildest dreams or nightmare. . . . kiss
Now move. . .WITH YA BLACKIE WOR-WOR FACE AND GORILLA TEETH! kiss

*all these fake threads sef. . . anyhoo, all na for show to keep this dry NL alive. . . lets play on*

kpor
kpor
kpor

I don wake o. . .OOO dey 'Ouse? cool

Time to change my profile pic AGAIN JOR! cool

Playing one of my favorite songs. . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PuvL7u8hN4
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Queenyprinxex(f): 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2013
mayten30: haha ur own case na special case ooo wey suppose dey court of romance!!!4 girls?and u are still in the relationship!?abi u sef dey play away match?because girls cheat too and not the guys only!!oya whisper to me if you play away match too,oya come on whisper to daddy ear jare!!daddy is listening to u,dad won't tell anyone!!!!
*wishpers 2 his ear* i did dat jez once buh dat wuz wen i discovered he's bin cheatin. Lera i bliv if ave satisfied him he wudnt ave done dat, d satisfactn i cant provide since we aint legallly joined. *covers face*
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Queenyprinxex(f): 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2013
mayten30: ur username na wa ooo,na u be queen and na u still be princess ba?lord have mercy!!"Lol,
hahahahaha. u o fear me now.
mayten30: but anyways i won't cheat on u when we get married but don't cheat on me too.
ohhhh!! Like really? Tell me it's a joke ar we gettn married? *drawz a seat,waitn for his response*
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by kandiikane(m): 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2013
You know what's ironic? women cheat more than men.

4 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by Infomizer(m): 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2013
Amaaskia:

Mtchewww
Quoting you just for the fun of quoting a 'hiss'. :p
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by bobokelly(m): 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2013
Cheating?, well it is not good enough for a married man to cheat on his wife, but wait a minute, a situation where your wife will be sterfing you of sex, this is what happened to me, when i got married i sticked to my wife only, as times goes on my wife started sleeping with tight-jean indirectly telling not to have sex with her, then i turned to become a wide and hungry lion, today i dont care about having sex with her anymore, cos i even get it 100 per cent, out there, but i never lack my others responsibilities at home, so at times women forced men to do that, ok.
Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2013
The Gods do not forgive mortals.

Cheats must be trashed and kicked out.

abject lack of self-discipline.

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Normal For Men? by adorable29(f): 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2013
LewsTherin: Despite what most people will tell you (especially on Nairaland) cheating is not normal. It is the absence of self discipline. Married or un-married, it makes no difference. It is simply the absence of self discipline.

I don't know if you noticed signs before you got married that may have pointed to this failing. If there weren't any, know it is not your fault. Even if you were the bit.chiest wife on the plante, it is still no excuse for him to cheat. That doesn't mean you are free to remain a bit.ch. it is your duty to be thhe best wife you can be. That is your duty. Fulfil that. And let your husband fulfil his own duty.

I am a married man. I should know.
Coming from a married man! kudos to you! Please. Stay true to this mindset and you just might be proof to one or two women that "not all men are not cheats"!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / How To Know That You Are Hanging Around A Wicked Person / PHOTO: Mrs Charity Aiyedogbon Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.