Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? (3041 Views)

Why Is It Right To Tell A Girl"i Miss You" But Wrong To Say To A Guy? / Make Your Ex Boyfriend Miss You Like Crazy! How To Make Him Crave To Be With You / How Do You Respond To This Message From Your Ex “I Miss You” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by Feesha: 6:35am On Jul 09, 2008
A lady colleague at work travelled home for two weeks. When she came back, everybody welcomed her back warmly. On my own part, I playfully told her i missed her. Though we used to share jokes and generally gist before, now she hangs around me and sends me text messages. Its seems obvious to me that she assumed that i toasted he by saying i missed her. Please what do i do now? I don't really "miss " her like that!
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by baby4u2(f): 7:03am On Jul 09, 2008
Your topic title does not relate to your question. Anyway i guess she felt you where flirting with her, so correct it if you dont really like her. and i miss you if definitely not thesame thing as i love you. next time say "we all missed you" if you feel you must talk too.
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by sistajay(f): 7:07am On Jul 09, 2008
"I miss you" is not the same as "i love you".
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by NegroNtns(m): 7:32am On Jul 09, 2008
She's your secret admirer. You unlocked the gate when you said that. You need a mai-guard to check her access through the gate.
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by ladybam(f): 9:24am On Jul 09, 2008
@ poster

dude, your in serious trouble embarassed
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by opokonwa(m): 1:36pm On Jul 09, 2008
Keep your mouth to yourself next time.
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by tope2000(f): 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2008
no
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by sistawoman: 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2008
Dude I have no idea how to get you out of this. just dont respond to her text messages and avoid her at the office until she gets the hint or create a girlfriend.

Better yet now that i think of it you will have to get one of your female friends to pretend to be your girlfriend that will make her dissappear quick.
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by musliu(m): 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2008
hell no,they are two different unless you have something in mind too
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2008
Another classic example of "women's english translation"
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by kokoye(m): 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2008
Be bold and reply on of her her text messages with: I missed you does not mean I want you, goodluck!
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2008
Ceeno E vu:

Another classic example of "women's english translation"

rotflmao. cheesy
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by coolier(f): 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2008
Feesha:

A lady colleague at work travelled home for two weeks. When she came back, everybody welcomed her back warmly. On my own part, I playfully told her i missed her. Though we used to share jokes and generally gist before, now she hangs around me and sends me text messages. Its seems obvious to me that she assumed that i toasted he by saying i missed her. Please what do i do now? I don't really "miss " her like that!

Then tell her soonest in a nice friendly way and don't unintentionally lead her on.
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by Godalone(m): 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2008
I had a similar experience like that,my guy tell her that you don't need her before you put yourself into trouble.
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by Pataki: 4:33pm On Jul 09, 2008
Women are easily led on, by what they hear, most especially if they have inherent feelings for you.

It is best you tell her, it was just an ordinary simple show of gesture. Nothing more to it.
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2008
I Miss You means 'I Miss You'

I Love You means 'I Love You'

No way similar.
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by KarmaMod(f): 4:58pm On Jul 09, 2008
Just because she's hanging around you doesnt mean she thinks you "love" her.
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by CARUSO(m): 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2008
Poster

Why cant you just use your brain or dont u have one?! wink

it is not all stupid and silly questions u ask everyone u know, figure it out!!
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by Gamine(f): 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2008
its the same abi.

Miss=Love

both are four letters

Why will u miss somebody you dont love
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by rubi(f): 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2008
When you miss someone you miss the presence of the person
when you love someone you you love the personality of the person
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by chukxy44(m): 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2008
I tink the problem here is women are never straight forward. Wen they say Yes they mean No, they just like the attension they get from d guys. wink
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by Sisikill: 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2008
Goodness Gracious! Why in the world would she assume I miss you means you are interested in her?

Some women sure know how to set themselves up, don't they? After they will be boo-hooing all over the place about being led on, broken hearts and whatnots.

Sad.
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2008
Yorubas say "pele l'ako o ni abo" ( Meaning = even an apology can be tendered in a harsh as well as a repentant manner).

How did you say your "I miss you"? was it in private? was it to everybody's hearing or was it something that sounded like you reseved it for a special moment? Did you say it while you gave her a hug? the questions can go on and on but think about it. It takes two to tango.
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by origina9ja(f): 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2008
u don enter grin grin
pele oo good luck in bringin ur self out
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by ariblaze(m): 12:14am On Jul 11, 2008
hmm,

let me ask you this question

how exactly did you say it?

offhandedly, or with all intents and purpose

because i can relate to a lady responding to such a statement, you also dint say much about what level your smsing had reached
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by GoldFinch(m): 12:15am On Jul 11, 2008
@POST
OBVIOUSLT NOT.

I say I miss you to a lot of ppl, do I love them? ehrrm no!
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by Belface: 8:17am On Jul 11, 2008
Men remove your shoes, hold them and run as fast as your legs can carry you. I bet you said "I miss u" in such an intimate way such that her head spinned. Sha right the wrong immediately ooo shocked shocked
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by whitelexi(m): 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2008
If you're reading this, my angel - I miss u soooooooo much that i feel the tears at the corners of my eyes at night!
Sometimes i wake up grabbing my pillow only to realize it aint u cry
I cant wait to be there in your arms - those arems that feel like home
I cant wait to sweep u off your feet right from the airport.
I know you're reading, i'm coming home baby, i'm coming back to your arms kiss
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by snazzydawn(f): 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2008
hmm, love in tokyo!
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by Busta(f): 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2008
depends on the circumstances . . . close but 2 different meanings!
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by onyekang1(f): 11:52am On Jul 23, 2008
sort urself out dude,jus tell her she's mis-interpreting d whole thingy, and avoid her.she 'll get d message.
Re: Is "i Miss You" The Same As "i Love You"? by Mustay(m): 12:00pm On Jul 23, 2008
But I also get a text from a certain gal who writes these lines and it sounds like "I loff u" undecided grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can U Be In Love With Som1 U've Never Seen? / Why Is It That Women Are So Naive And Despirate / Does Using Your Boyfriend Or Gilfriend's Picture Denote How Much You Love Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.