Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

He Paid The Price - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Paid The Price (1469 Views)

The Price Jesus Paid / Jesus Christ Paid The Price; But Why Are Christians Still Suffering? / The Price Is Only Belief/faith In One Single God, Without Parnership. Buy It Low (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Paid The Price by tybanky(f): 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2008
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13). Jesus paid a supreme sacrifice to redeem you and all mankind. This sacrifice of His death on the cross of Calvary became necessary because the scripture say that “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 30:23). Consequently, the wages of sin is death and the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23).

Despite the fact that man on his own decided to go astray from God, God still looked for a way to reconcile man to Himself so that the fellowship which was lost could be restored. The atonement of blood was needed for this reconciliation because without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins. This was why Jesus died on the cross. You may like to as “why Jesus?”  It has to be Jesus because His blood was pure for He was sinless. No wonder. The Bible says that the blood of Jesus speaks better things than the blood of Abel (Hebrews 12:24). His blood only could accomplish what the blood of rams and bulls could not do.

The death of Jesus was penalty for the sins that you and I have committed. When Jesus died on the cross, He Declared, “It is finished.” That is, everything that needed to be done about man’s salvation was completed. Therefore, there is no reason man should continue to sin since the price has been paid. Does it not sound foolish for a slave who has been set free to choose to remain in bondage? Why do you still tell lies, commit fornication or adultery, backbite, gossip, steal and so on? Why? Why would you not behold Jesus on the cross where He took your place and died a shameful death? Would you rather continue to live in sin and wait for eternal condemnation at last? I counsel you to repent today so that you may have eternal life with Christ. The choice is yours but I implore you to choose life that you may live.

If what you have read so far has touched your life and you have decided to give yourself to Chris, pray this short prayer: Oh Lord, I thank you for sending Jesus to die in my place. I repent of all my sins and ask for your forgiveness. Give me the grace to walk with you in holiness and grant me eternal life, in Jesus’ name. Amen

Welcome aboard! You are now a child of God. Locate a Bible-believing fellowship with sincere Christians and join them.

(1) (Reply)

Winnie Mandela On Tb Joshua / Prayer And Enthusiasm Brings Favorable Results / Boy Went To Heaven In Near Death Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.