Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today (20430 Views)

Stella Oduah In N18bn Aviation Scam - Orderpaper.ng / Former Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah In Loan Scandal, Runs To Court / Stella Oduah In Israel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by bcomputer101: 3:45am On Oct 30, 2013
The embattled Minister of Aviation, Ms Stella Oduah, has been linked to another car purchase scandal.

This time, Oduah is said to have also approved the procurement of two Lexus Limousine cars and two Toyota Prado jeeps.

The minister is expected to appear before the House Committee on Aviation which is investigating the purchase of two BMW bulletproof cars for her by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority at N255m.

But during the sitting by the Senate Committee on Aviation which is probing the crisis in the Aviation industry, the Managing Director of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria , Mr. George Uriesi, said the Lexus Limousine cars and Toyota Prado jeeps were in the custody of a bank.

Uriesi, who said the limousines were bought for N60m each , added that he did not have details of the cost of the Prado jeeps.

He explained that the bank whose name he did not give, funded the purchase of the four vehicles.

The FAAN chief told the six-member committee that while Oduah gave the approval, somebody whose name he failed to mention, signed on his (Uriesi) behalf.

An obviously enraged Chairman of the Senate Committee on Aviation, Mr. Hope Uzodinma, lambasted him for receiving approval from the minister instead of the Federal Executive Council.

He was therefore ordered to appear again before the committee on Monday with details of the transactions.

Uriesi, who was said to have sweated in the air-conditioned room while the session lasted, was also asked to bring along with him, details of other vehicles bought for the agency’s directors.

The Senate panel also resolved to inspect the N255m bulletproof cars parked at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

Meanwhile, members of the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation are set to quiz Oduah on Wednesday(today) over the controversial bulletproof cars.

The minister, who was summoned by the committee to appear before it on Tuesday, had written , explaining that she had travelled to Israel to sign the Bilateral Air Service Agreement between Nigeria and Israel.

On Monday, the committee headed by Mrs. Nkeiruka Onyejeocha, said Oduah would now appear on Wednesday and not Tuesday as ealier scheduled.

It claimed that the decision was to give all stakeholders the opportunity to prepare their documents.

But the committee warned that it would not hesitate to take necessary actions against Oduah if she failed to turn up today (Wednesday).

As of 10pm on Tuesday, it was unclear if Oduah, who was on Monday accused by the House Committee on Public Procurement of shunning similar invitations 12 times, had returned from Israel.

As part of its preparations for the hearing, a five-member sub-committee of the Onyejeocha-led Aviation panel on Tuesday discreetly inspected the controversial bulletproof cars at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

A source privy to the visit, informed The PUNCH that the aim was to “truly establish that the cars were bought.”

The source added, “This is an investigation and you do not leave anything to chance.

“The idea of the inspection team was to go to the location and physically see the cars.

“All these will form part of the final report to the House.”

When contacted, Onyejeocha confirmed that a team visited the airport to inspect the cars.

She, however, parried questions on the details of what the team saw.

The committee chairman said, “Yes, it is true that we set up a committee to go and inspect the cars.

“The committee went to the airport but they have not reported back to us.

“If you are interested, come to the hearing tomorrow, please, PUNCH.”

A senior official of the NCAA, who accompanied the sub-committee to the airport said the lawmakers “saw the two bulletproof cars .”

The source added, “They were satisfied. Some of them even stated that people were beginning to insinuate that there were no cars. So, I think people can now ask the House members whether there are cars or not.”

Asked if the committee members were also shown the limousines parked at the Total Radar Coverage of Nigeria site at the airport, the official said, “I don’t like joining issues, because people are beginning to write what they like.

“The cars we are talking about here are the bulletproof cars and not limousines.”

The House spokesman, Zakari Mohammed, said sanctions that could be imposed on Oduah if she failed to appear before the Aviation committee included issuing a bench warrant to facilitate her arrest.

He said, “What the committee will do is to apply to the Speaker (Mr. Aminu Tambuwal) for a bench warrant to be issued for her arrest.

“Once that is done and the speaker approves it, the Inspector-General of Police will be directed to arrest her and bring her before the committee.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/oduah-in-another-car-scandal-faces-reps-panel-today/
Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by madamoringo(f): 4:24am On Oct 30, 2013
LMAO...this woman is cursed with material acquisitions! Cars! Just like her kinfolk, it is money and material things over everything else and at any cost!

9 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by arsenalwenger: 5:21am On Oct 30, 2013
I wont lose sleep as long as source of the info are punch, sahara reporters or premiumtimes. These media houses have proven to be shameless\unprofessional for the past few days in sham journalism.

They are however fighting a lost battle cos the progress being experinced nationwide, in the aviation secror, can never be eroded by charlatans from a particular section of the country who believed that the control of the aviation sector is their birth-right. Funny enough they are already constituting nuisance to sane minds with all these unending whinnings.

23 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by ckkris: 5:33am On Oct 30, 2013
Stella should be able to IGNORE these Lagos newspapers, and continue to TRANSFORM the Aviation industry, that Femi Fani Kayode almost destroyed.

23 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by donphilopus: 5:37am On Oct 30, 2013
I can't wait to see her being jailed after finding her guilty

30 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Tolexander: 5:44am On Oct 30, 2013
arsenalwenger: I wont lose sleep as long as source of the info are punch, sahara reporters or premiumtimes. These media houses have proven to be shameless\unprofessional for the past few days in sham journalism.

They are however fighting a lost battle cos the progress being experinced nationwide, in the aviation secror, can never be eroded by charlatans from a particular section of the country who believed that the control of the aviation sector is their birth-right. Funny enough they are already constituting nuisance to sane minds with all these unending whinnings.
what is an unprofessionalism in reporting what a sector of the nation has done.
A news was made by sahara reporters that the aviation minister bought 2 multimillion BMW cars. Is the news a false news?
If the minister is professionally oriented, why did she first refute the allegation?

As a news agency, what are they meant to do? To continue to praise the cabal for the job not done and conceal their mischiefs?
We are only told that she is making transformations in the aviation sector which may be a scam on an hyper contract inflation.

If the culprits were to be other members of the nation, the integrity of these media won't be doubted and questioned by you people.

The allegation had been made, let her face the panel and be probed, if she isn't found guilty, that is when you can pelt those involved with rotten eggs.

73 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by GetUmad: 5:46am On Oct 30, 2013
arsenalwenger: I wont lose sleep as long as source of the info are punch, sahara reporters or premiumtimes. These media houses have proven to be shameless\unprofessional for the past few days in sham journalism.

ckkris: Stella should be able to IGNORE these Lagos newspapers, and continue to TRANSFORM the Aviation industry, that Femi Fani Kayode almost destroyed.

Hey! Chimooo!!!! And you people would want to take over the helms of affairs of the country one day. Just the same way Oduah was brought up and indoctrinated. Every Critics must be enemy of progress.

What has your acclaimed progress being experienced nationwide in aviation sector got to do with fact that this lady was accused of acquiring vehicles at an exorbitant amount and without due process?
In what way is your most cherished Enugu international airport going to affect the lives of your average perceived enemy? I mean people criticizing her, how does the modernization of those airport affect their lives negatively to the extent they would dislike her that you keep whining and sulking that this is coming from them cos of the work she's doing in the aviation sector. Truth is the average person out there does not give a hoot about any modernization taking place in those airport cos it doesn't have any direct impact on their lives and hence there criticism on this issue is not based on that you people's insane reasons.

Because she's Ibo and you're also, there's nothing wrong in what she's done or doing . Even if she milks this country to insolvency, so long she has a tie to you, she's an angel.

The funniest thing is this woman doesn't even know you people exist and she doesn't give an hef about you. Unfortunately, here you're selling your conscience
and disgracing yourself all in the name of " she's same tribe as I am and must be protected".

IBB may be right afterall when he said younger generations of Nigeria were not brave enough to rule this country.

54 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 30, 2013
She is car freaked by the way, can't she use her salary/allowances to buy herself her choice !!

Prison straight !!

2 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by RoyalRoy(m): 5:50am On Oct 30, 2013

Do you really believe the trash you wrote up there yourself?

I think there is some kind of mental delusion being fed to some of you that makes you believe any attempt to clean the rotten system is a form of witch hunting.

What a messed up set of people. I do hope your kind is set free to go and form your own country so you can run it down with clannish mentality and delusion of grandeur as such.

Disgusting Mentality from Disgusting sets of Humanoids!!!!

33 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by seunfly: 5:52am On Oct 30, 2013
When are we going to quit this show of shame of open support for corrupt individuals just because of tribal, ethnic, religious or whatever sentiments. This is the worst show of shame i have ever seen in Nigeria. Let who ever is caught stealing our money be punished Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo, Christain or muslim, North or South. All this show of loyalty will do more damage than good. Afterall i won't recieve dine from my tribes man that steal what belongs to Nigeria, so why will i defend him.

22 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Emperor00S: 5:54am On Oct 30, 2013
Enemies of progress at it again.

They've raised more than a million thread just to rubbish the aviation minister, the bigger picture being to force her out of office and sabotage Enugu International Airport.

Since some of the mods, has also learnt to support tribalism indirectly, at same time deleting and tampering with posts & profiles of those that doesn't support the SWtern / APC propaganda.

Same time people will still preach, the bull crap called one Nijireya, hmmmm.

10 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by sCun: 6:22am On Oct 30, 2013
I was beginning to get worried until I saw punch as the source. Time will tell

2 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by sCun: 6:23am On Oct 30, 2013
OP align your post properly, if you hope to hit front page.
Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Delafruita(m): 7:46am On Oct 30, 2013
Emperor_00S: Enemies of progress at it again.

They've raised more than a million thread just to rubbish the aviation minister, the bigger picture being to force her out of office and sabotage Enugu International Airport.

Since some of the mods, has also learnt to support tribalism indirectly, at same time deleting and tampering with posts & profiles of those that doesn't support the SWtern / APC propaganda.

Same time people will still preach, the bull crap called one Nijireya, hmmmm.

you need help...spiritual and mental help

7 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Jeel: 7:52am On Oct 30, 2013
Tales by moon light
Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 30, 2013
Stella stays! ...in her village of course. I can't wait to her that she has been sacked.
Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by vedaxcool(m): 8:13am On Oct 30, 2013
This woman must have trekked a lot in a past life and hence to prevent her and her generations from trekking she has gone into "the Oduas must never trek again 2013 campaign" mode

2 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Danhumprey: 8:18am On Oct 30, 2013
This whole car purchase scandal is getting messier and messier day by day. Just when we thought we have seen the last of these scandals,we are yet face with another of even worst proportion. I pray God save this woman,cos if the law should be allowed to have it's way,she is damned!
Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by ballabriggs: 8:25am On Oct 30, 2013
This woman is a hardened criminal and I pity any Nigerian who shows people like this any form of respect.

As one can see, she went about her looting spree in a very crude and arrogant manner, "I don't give a damn", just like her grand criminal of the federal republic. So why should we show such rogues any respect?

These people should be cursed and not respected. They are criminals who show our country no respect.

1 Like

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by idupaul: 8:36am On Oct 30, 2013
ckkris: Stella should be able to IGNORE these Lagos newspapers, and continue to TRANSFORM the Aviation industry, that Femi Fani Kayode almost destroyed.

Why don't to take her to your family shrine so she can transform your village's witchcraft industry ..Yeye de smell

2 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Ijawboi(m): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2013
SPITS ON ODUAH.....

Like spiderman, I'm webbing outta here

1 Like

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by waternogetenemy: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
WHY IS FAKE NEWS ALWAYS ON THE HOME PAGE?

Fake Reporting

2 Likes

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
undecided

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Burger01(m): 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
What is it with this woman and cars?! Na biscuit

sad
Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Gozzzy(m): 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
If I say dat tHis woman is a car freak like me, they will say am lying.............. I sidon dey watch shaa.....
Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Elcapo(m): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
olèé ajibolè

1 Like

Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Elcapo(m): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
I posted it first olèé ajibolè
Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by TUNEX89(m): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
BRB
Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Jayses(m): 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
This woman must be very possessive , her HB may be another toy she own .
Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by hakku: 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
dead body don get accident.
Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by Big4wig(m): 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: Oduah In Another Car Scandal, Faces Reps Panel Today by AKPAKA(m): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
All this troubles simply because international airport came to Enugu. Even if you devils succeeded in sacking her, Enugu has come to stay.

Where is Farouk Lawan, Otedola,bankole etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari: Mr. President, What Is Happening? By Gabriel Ogunjobi / Your Incitement Cannot Save Oyetola - PDP Mocks Abdullahi Adamu / Corps Members Handling BVAS On Election Day Will Be Tracked – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.