Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,363 members, 7,829,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (417745 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by akpananiefiok(m): 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
newReal:
let the author's name be at the bottom.
change the image to a picture of a couple.
and just leave it as: How To Save Your Marriage. it will enrouse the reader's curiosity.
thanks.have enrolled my book on kdp select, promotion
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by akpananiefiok(m): 7:58am On Jan 09, 2014
Hey frndz, have been trying to check my sales, but it nt showing the recent sales, i mean the month to dat report.only shows dec 31st to 2nd jan
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 2:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
akpan aniefiok: Hey frndz, have been trying to check my sales, but it nt showing the recent sales, i mean the month to dat report.only shows dec 31st to 2nd jan
It could mean there are no sales to report.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by akpananiefiok(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
akpan aniefiok: Hey frndz, have been trying to check my sales, but it nt showing the recent sales, i mean the month to dat report.only shows dec 31st to 2nd jan
pls mk82 what do u have to say
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
When you login to your account,click on reports then click on Month-to-Date Unit Sales. It will show the sales, free downloads and borrows for all books for the month.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2014
@mk82, is there any explanation for why kindle sets a different price, which is usually higher from what one set for his book? Like you set $2.99 and kindle set thiers for $4.99
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
Bestlyf: @mk82, is there any explanation for why kindle sets a different price, which is usually higher from what one set for his book? Like you set $2.99 and kindle set thiers for $4.99
I have answered this question previously. The USA price also covers other territories (countries) that do not have their own marketplaces. The price difference is based on the different internet sales laws of those countries. You will notice this when you browse with some IP addresses. If a USA IP is used you will see the normal price.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Imaobong1(f): 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
Hello Oga Mk, what is going on. The site seems to have gone banana.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
Ima-obong:
I think many people fell along the way when nairaland went down. However, I've been answering a lot of emails. We lost a lot of information to the crash. The thread was on page 30 that week.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
We'll pick it up 4rm here! Kindle rocks!
Ima-obong:
what's up with you? Hw has sales been going? Things seem kinda slow these days!

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CosmicJames(m): 3:54am On Jul 03, 2014
mk82:
I think many people fell along the way when nairaland went down. However, I've been answering a lot of emails. We lost a lot of information to the crash. The thread was on page 30 that week.

I'm here. I've finally finish writing my first book and have up loaded it successfully. However, it is yet to be publish because the cover has dimension issue.

How to set dimension to 1000 pixels?

I use MS Word to create the cover.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bobojoshua(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
onlineresource: Those of you asking for kindle software...
You don't need any software to write your book
Just write your book in microsoft and when saving it
Make use of the 97-2000 doc.
Remember its doc and not docx that you will be saving on...

About cover for your kindle book.
Well since what am writing are low price I just simply use microsoft to and create a table with the border thinkened in black and simply paste a catchy image in the centre and the name of your book at the top.
You authors name below the image and if you have any sub topic u can fix it either at the top of the image or below the image...

And when saving the image, make sure u save as a web page and simply use a screen capture software to copy what u have created into jpeg...

That was what I did that made my book to be accepted and it was formatted well when I previewed it...

Over to you mk82, make I learn more from you smiley smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CosmicJames(m): 4:51am On Jul 04, 2014
Dam4real: This MONTH is Our month of MULTIPLE BLESSINGS...
I have decided to Show Just u The Easiest Way to Make
N91,200 Daily,
N638,400 Weekly
and N2,553,600 Monthly without Robbing A Bank!.
NOTE: Only Those who are serious about Changing Their Life Should indicate their Interest. If You Are Really Serious to Say GOOD BYE to POVERTY and THE RAT RACE, Send a Text "I am Seriously Interested" to 07050996109.
You will be sent an INVITATION that will re-write the STORY of YOUR Life.
Send Your OWN TEXT NOW!!!

On the wrong thread. I beg shift.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Olamarkjoel(m): 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
please what line spacing can i use is it 1.5? I want to know more about the formating. Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Olamarkjoel(m): 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
please what line spacing can i use? is it 1.5? I want to know more about the formating. Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 5:28pm On Jul 04, 2014
Olamarkjoel: please what line spacing can i use? is it 1.5? I want to know more about the formating. Thanks
Just use the default line spacing in MS Word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CosmicJames(m): 7:42pm On Jul 04, 2014
Olamarkjoel: please what line spacing can i use? is it 1.5? I want to know more about the formating. Thanks

I use 1.2 and it works fine for me. My first book will be live by tomorow.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by taiwolola(m): 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
Have you heard about Vivatic, the research panel from SurveyCompare? Earn money online through surveys, polls, competitions and writing jobs. Earn cool cash for every survey completed ranging from £1.00-£3.00/Survey at least 80% completed.Then cash out your earnings to PayPal. Vivatic even featured on MoneySavingExpert.com! Follow the link below to get started.

http://uk.vivatic.com/refer-a-friend/1116520.

This is not get-rich overnight kind of job as it requires hardwork,diligence and consistency but you will realize it is worth the while when you begin to cash in money.If you have got any challenge,you can ask questions.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CosmicJames(m): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2014
Like I earlier said, my first book should have being live by tomorow but somehow, Amazon pause the publication saying they needed info from me.

I don't really understand how they mean and the right action to take now.
Here is the mail I received from them and I quote

"During a review of your KDP submission, we found content in your book that is freely available on the web.  Before we can publish your book, you need to take one of the following actions within five days:

1.      If you hold the publishing rights for all of the content in this book, resubmit your book for publishing following the instructions provided below.
2.      If the book is in the public domain, please confirm the initial publication date of the work and the author’s date of death. We will contact you if we need additional information.
3.      If you do not hold rights for all of the content in this book, please remove the book following the instructions provided below.

If you publish books for which you do not hold the electronic publishing rights, your account may be terminated or you may lose access to optional KDP services. If your account is terminated, all of the books you have uploaded through KDP will be removed from the Kindle store and you will not be permitted to open new KDP accounts.

Regards,

Kindle Direct Publishing"

Honestly, this is discouraging as it is my first time
@ Boss MK82 what should I do now, which action I should take? Thanks in advance
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
CosmicJames: Like I earlier said, my first book should have being live by tomorow but somehow, Amazon pause the publication saying they needed info from me.

I don't really understand how they mean and the right action to take now.
Here is the mail I received from them and I quote

"During a review of your KDP submission, we found content in your book that is freely available on the web.  Before we can publish your book, you need to take one of the following actions within five days:

1.      If you hold the publishing rights for all of the content in this book, resubmit your book for publishing following the instructions provided below.
2.      If the book is in the public domain, please confirm the initial publication date of the work and the author’s date of death. We will contact you if we need additional information.
3.      If you do not hold rights for all of the content in this book, please remove the book following the instructions provided below.

If you publish books for which you do not hold the electronic publishing rights, your account may be terminated or you may lose access to optional KDP services. If your account is terminated, all of the books you have uploaded through KDP will be removed from the Kindle store and you will not be permitted to open new KDP accounts.

Regards,

Kindle Direct Publishing"

Honestly, this is discouraging as it is my first time
@ Boss MK82 what should I do now, which action I should take? Thanks in advance

First, go to page 5 and read my post on "HOW TO AVOID PLAGIARISM".
Your book failed the plagiarism test. If it is a recipe book, you can reply them that you own all the rights. But this claim will be difficult to make for other niches. You may have to unpublish the book.
Next time, make sure you properly rewrite any material you are using and also test with copyscape.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CosmicJames(m): 3:31am On Jul 05, 2014
mk82:
First, go to page 5 and read my post on "HOW TO AVOID PLAGIARISM".
Your book failed the plagiarism test. If it is a recipe book, you can reply them that you own all the rights. But this claim will be difficult to make for other niches. You may have to unpublish the book.
Next time, make sure you properly rewrite any material you are using and also test with copyscape.

Boss, I really appreciate you for you speedy reply. Thank you very much. You just revived my spirit in KDP. I waso fast losing interest in this whole thing.
I get the point. I will keep to ur advice.

About unpublishing the book?
If I unpublish it now, rewrite it accordingly as in adding/removing some of the contents to make it unique without changing the cover and title and publish it later, will they still have issues with this particular book?

The reason I'm asking this question is because I want to remove the book and then follow that instruction you gave on page 5.

Once again, thank you for the good work you are doing and that you are it for us free of charge.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ecomerceguru: 8:48am On Jul 05, 2014
CosmicJames:

Boss, I really appreciate you for you speedy reply. Thank you very much. You just revived my spirit in KDP. I waso fast losing interest in this whole thing.

If I unpublish it now, rewrite it accordingly as in adding/removing some of the contents to make it unique without changing the cover and title and publish it later, will they still have issues with this particular book?

The reason I'm asking this question is because I want to remove the book and then follow that instruction you gave on page 5.

Once again, thank you for the good work you are doing and that you are it for us free of charge.

What you have to do is make necessary changes, pass it through copyscape and when you are satisfied with the outcome. Re-upload it and re-publish. If it pass copyscape, kDP reviewers would surely accept it. Nice, seeing this thread back. It has always been a source of my Motivation and inspiration. Kudos to MK82!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2014
CosmicJames:
ecomerceguru:
What you have to do is make necessary changes, pass it through copyscape and when you are satisfied with the outcome. Re-upload it and re-publish. If it pass copyscape, kDP reviewers would surely accept it. Nice, seeing this thread back. It has always been a source of my Motivation and inspiration. Kudos to MK82!
This should work. Try it and give us feedback.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bobojoshua(m): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
mk82: HOW TO AVOID PLAGIARISM
One of the main problems you have to overcome when creating Kindle ebooks is that of copied content. This is a challenge whether you are outsourcing or writing your books by yourself. Amazon does not accept content that is freely available on the internet. If you submit copied content, you'll be warned and a repeat may lead to the account being blocked.
This is a real concern if you are writing nonfiction.
Because:
-You cannot creat facts
- You must get material from already existing sources.

Here are my suggestions:
1. Get your materials from multiple sources -eBooks, physical books & reputable websites.
2. Ensure that every sentence and paragraph is properly rewritten. Even if you are writing recipes, d order of the ingredients can be changed and the directions written in your own words.
3. If you are modelling a particular successful book, make sure you do not use the exact format and presentation.eg your chapters and subchapters should have different titles.
4. Finally, Check the finished work with copyscape and correct any duplicate content detected. I personally use the premium copyscape account.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bobojoshua(m): 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
mk82:
If you can't write, you can find people to write for you on freelance websites like elance n odesk. I am a good writer but I also outsource books because I can't do all d work by myself.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bobojoshua(m): 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
mk82:
RESEARCH: METHOD TO NARROW DOWN A NICHE
-Go to Google, type Amazon bestsellers. Click on the amazon bestseller's link
-At amazon bestsellers, click on kindle store on the left side (do not use d search box at d top)
-at kindle store, click on kindle ebooks below it
-under kindle ebooks, u will see many categories. click on anyone dat u want and it will open subcategories. choose any subcategory and click until their is no more subs.
- At this point, start checking the 100 books that are listed for dat sub-subcategory.
-right click any of the listed books and check d product details. It should have amazon sales rank below 20,000.
-determine d keyword of dat book. For instance, it could be a book on anger management.
-now open amazon on anoda tab and go to kindle ebooks.use d search box to search for the keyword 'anger management'. when d results open,select 'new and popular' on d right side.
-Open about 10 of d books to check their product details. their should be at least 5 to 7 books with amazon sales rank around 10k,20k,30k,40k. there should be many odas below 100k.
-this shows money is circulating in dat niche.
if these criteria are not satisfied, go to the bestseller's page and start over. Avoid niches with many celebrity authors or those dat require professional qualifications.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
Someone sent me a nairaland email. Please send your request to the gmail on my profile.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CosmicJames(m): 5:16am On Jul 06, 2014
I have to purchase some credit to use the Copyscape service? But I'm not ready to purchase the credit at this time. Is there no other option to Copyscape?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by wapfire: 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
I can help you with the sure way of using
Glo Bis on your android device, using my
steps you don't need any BlackBerry
phone, you would subscribe and use Glo
Bis on your android device just like how
you subscribe for normal data on your
phone, call or add me on Whatsap using
08126609722, it would cost you a token
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Randerl: 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
5 Best Free Copyscape Alternatives to Catch

http://www.techentice.com/best-free-copyscape-alternatives

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (202) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.