Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers (21549 Views)

A Ritualist Sent Me A Facebook Friend Request (scary pics) / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers / An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Abdgafarplenty(m): 6:32am On Nov 01, 2013
they're bunch of thieves
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Abdgafarplenty(m): 6:52am On Nov 01, 2013
Thieves

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by eluquenson(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2013
Happy New Month from Airtel!! Get Credit to call any network today. Call 14120 to enjoy this benefits. It's FREE to call. undecided

Just now
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by LadyH(f): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2013
Deen4me: I had to Chuck my Econet,Zain,Airtel sim because of this angry

i now use the line in a tracker

It was very annoying , you get like 20 sms per day

Globacom is second in line to this also
Ur last statement? NO! Glo is the worst! They call(arrrrrrrrrrrgh) n they text. Omg.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by LadyH(f): 7:57am On Nov 01, 2013
la-effizy:
lipsrsealed So u feel mtn is worse? U havnt met glo yet. They can send u 10 messages a day. Then those annoying calls to advertise like 10 a day. Then they even flash me with one funny 6 digit number. Some times I feel like smashing my phone against d wall.
Usaiditall!
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by LadyH(f): 8:02am On Nov 01, 2013
3ace: The text messages are not even annoying; I simply delete them. The useless auto calls are more annoying. And if you dare pick the call, they will automatically subscribe your account for an unsolicited package. Very annoying and it's common with Glo.
Auto subscribe?! I dinno... shocked
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 01, 2013
Imagine when Glo de flash me with one six digit number..... that's stuffs gets me crazy.....dang
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 01, 2013
The messages are annoying but not just the messages.Airtel has an habit of calling you to advertise callertunez with different numbers and Glo would flash you with 547..NCC should tell them to pay customers they send this msgs to or call.I'm sure it ll reduce immediately
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 01, 2013
etislat is deducting 100N every day from my phone for a promo i never subscribed to. useless network, i don destroy the sim card sha..
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Dubemkelly(m): 9:23am On Nov 01, 2013
MTN is worst of,hardly does a day pass wout them sending some irritating messages esp 4 callertunez, n sms chats, then wt der annoying calls 4rm call centre,I bounce dem weneva dey call in n again as rgrds banking,I fink ACCESS BANK has d worst annoying attitude, they wud alwaz send sms 4 retrieval of last transactn on ur acct,online banking,get acct bal etc Alwaz pissed esp wen u wud think its a credit alert
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by jpphilips(m): 10:46am On Nov 01, 2013
Bolt2011: You were probably expecting a romantic text message from your lover, a credit alert from your bank, an invitation to a job interview or test, and the likes but then your phone beeps and the excitement dies down immediately you open the message. It is unfortunately one of those disappointing messages we receive from our telecommunication service providers. They are either asking you to subscribe to jokes, health tips, caller tunes, sport news or romantic texts.

If these service providers could only sample the opinion of subscribers, they would probably discover that most people find these messages very disappointing and annoying, but then we receive as many as 6 to 10 of such messages daily. Some people have carelessly or erroneously subscribed for these so called 'value added services' and usually regret they did. Daily, weekly or monthly charges of up to N50 or N100 usually apply. Sometimes they are deducted anytime the subscriber recharges. People try all they could to unsubscribe, but its usually not as easy as the almost automatic manner of subscription. My dad was a victim of this exploitative service for about 3 months. We tried to no avail to get him unsubscribed until he got angry and called the customer care agent threatening to attack them with his traditional god (sango). grin

I use two sims cards (MTN and etisalat) but as you would expect, MTN sends the highest number of annoying messages. I delete them immediately I read 'MTN' and wished I could do something to stop the disturbance.
How do you feel when you receive one of those messages from your telecom service providers? Do you find them disturbing or necessary? What's your opinion?

I have made front page again o #dancingSkelEtighAzonto grin

Thank you Jesus
Thank you Daddy
Thank you Mummy
Thank you Friends and Well-wishers
Thank you Seun Osewa
Thank you Moderator
Thanks to all nairalander
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Wait till you get a glo line, there is this 4040 number that calls me like my creditor.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by kennyola: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
JECBOSS: I got a text from MTN to recharge #200 and win an aeroplane. I quickly dashed out and recharged my account. I called their customer care unit to book appointment for my aeroplane. To my greatest surprise, the female voice only responded, "Thank you for choosing MTN". Till this moment, I'm yet to get my well deserved Aeroplane. I'll consider taking a legal action against them.

Laugh wan kill me abeg!!
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by webbaba: 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
Come wetin dey for this front page wey una dey rush like this?
Na waa for una. This post dey meaningful sha.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by jasjay: 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hello peeps, stop lamenting about the problem of spam sms, just download the solutions via the links below. The app would automatically 'quarantine' all spam messages coming to your phone. Give it a try and thank me later. Thank you.

The links - https://www.?u=https%3A%2F%2Fappworld.blackberry.com%2Fwebstore%2Fcontent%2F39814920%2F%3Flang%3Den%26countrycode%3DUS&h=XAQExg5rY

Or this - https://www.?u=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.shimaotech.spamtrap%26hl%3Den&h=XAQExg5rY

The first link is for blackberry users. Give it a try. You are bound to fall in love wink

1 Like

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by AdeniyiA(m): 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
BigBelleControl: The most annoying one is the that from glo. Imagine they sent me messages several times that I have received a credit bonus of N0.00. I cursed them each time i received it.
undecided
very annoying I tell you
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by mcgaius: 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
MTN is the worst culprit.Imagine i was waiting for an alert for the money my colleague is owing me only to receive a foolish sms from MTN that detol is now 100 naira.I was very mad.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by joeboy4reel(m): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
alfredo4u: for GARRI ringtone send 28564 to 4100

for END TIME TINS ringtone send 62104 to 4100

Guess d network?....emty hen

u forgot
for ASUU UPDATE send 64840 to 4100
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by frechy(m): 11:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ekhemini: They've even started calling with 11 digit numbers...when u pick,one nonsense girl will start talking what u dnt want 2 hear...e d vex me wella
NA GLO GET THIS ONE A1
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Deen4me(m): 4:49am On Nov 02, 2013
LadyH: Ur last statement? NO! Glo is the worst! They call(arrrrrrrrrrrgh) n they text. Omg.

Lol not gonna argue with that one yes i forgot about those annoying automated calls sad
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Deen4me(m): 4:54am On Nov 02, 2013
vivacious vivi:

Glo? Dont even mention them, I wouldn't know where to start!
Sending all manner of sms from data bundle packages, to Job Advert, music concert, gossips, history, premier league scores! I just dont get it. And lets not forget the phone calls- 30803, 34001, 547, 448, 0448 and the most annoying 4040 at all times of the day and NIGHT!
Its an INTRUSION on my Life!!! angry

thats true sha

I cant recall airtel with automated calls , its mainly glo
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Deen4me(m): 4:56am On Nov 02, 2013
Olugbenger:
You omitted celtel.

Lol talk about metamorphosis
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by alextayo(m): 12:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
While most of us come to Nairaland to complain, I took a decisive action by calling their customer Care line and gave them strict warning not send any unsolicited sms to me again. Action was taken and that was the last day i received such sms from Airtel. They do call me occasionally and even if they do, the Customer care agent will first ask me if I am okay with the call.

Let every victim of this unsolicited sms put a call across to their network provider's Customer care line and register their displeasure.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by PastorAji(m): 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
jasjay: Hello peeps, stop lamenting about the problem of spam sms, just download the solutions via the links below. The app would automatically 'quarantine' all spam messages coming to your phone. Give it a try and thank me later. Thank you.

The links - https://www.?u=https%3A%2F%2Fappworld.blackberry.com%2Fwebstore%2Fcontent%2F39814920%2F%3Flang%3Den%26countrycode%3DUS&h=XAQExg5rY

Or this - https://www.?u=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.shimaotech.spamtrap%26hl%3Den&h=XAQExg5rY

The first link is for blackberry users. Give it a try. You are bound to fall in love wink

Guy,
U will not be kidnapped
U will never face house committee for any probe
In Jesus name.......

But I can't add other numbers or words .....Ao I go do am?
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by cycline404(m): 4:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
jasjay: Hello peeps, stop lamenting about the problem of spam sms, just download the solutions via the links below. The app would automatically 'quarantine' all spam messages coming to your phone. Give it a try and thank me later. Thank you.

This link really work i got mine from Play Store.... Not even only used for MTN but for some unwanted SMS from some perticular numbers as well!
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ekhemini:
They've even started calling with 11 digit numbers...when u pick,one nonsense girl will start talking what u dnt want 2 hear...e d vex me wella
ete abadie? Especially airtel. They always call me with eleven digits like starting from 0902. When i pick i always hear music beats. The thing vex me die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System / Most Common Android Problems And Their Solutions / Celtel Gprs Settings!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.