Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers (21535 Views)

A Ritualist Sent Me A Facebook Friend Request (scary pics) / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers / An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Bolt2011(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2013
You were probably expecting a romantic text message from your lover, a credit alert from your bank, an invitation to a job interview or test, and the likes but then your phone beeps and the excitement dies down immediately you open the message. It is unfortunately one of those disappointing messages we receive from our telecommunication service providers. They are either asking you to subscribe to jokes, health tips, caller tunes, sport news or romantic texts.

If these service providers could only sample the opinion of subscribers, they would probably discover that most people find these messages very disappointing and annoying, but then we receive as many as 6 to 10 of such messages daily. Some people have carelessly or erroneously subscribed for these so called 'value added services' and usually regret they did. Daily, weekly or monthly charges of up to N50 or N100 usually apply. Sometimes they are deducted anytime the subscriber recharges. People try all they could to unsubscribe, but its usually not as easy as the almost automatic manner of subscription. My dad was a victim of this exploitative service for about 3 months. We tried to no avail to get him unsubscribed until he got angry and called the customer care agent threatening to attack them with his traditional god (sango). grin

I use two sims cards (MTN and etisalat) but as you would expect, MTN sends the highest number of annoying messages. I delete them immediately I read 'MTN' and wished I could do something to stop the disturbance.
How do you feel when you receive one of those messages from your telecom service providers? Do you find them disturbing or necessary? What's your opinion?

28 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
Its really annoying.Very useless messages;i always swear at dem wen i open d text to find out its frm the network
'Stewpid ^ss muthafvks angry
I hope NCC does sumtin abt it..

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Bolt2011(m): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
stanley10122:
I hope NCC does sumtin abt it..

Does NCC really do anything

1 Like

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by JECBOSS: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
I got a text from MTN to recharge #200 and win an aeroplane. I quickly dashed out and recharged my account. I called their customer care unit to book appointment for my aeroplane. To my greatest surprise, the female voice only responded, "Thank you for choosing MTN". Till this moment, I'm yet to get my well deserved Aeroplane. I'll consider taking a legal action against them.

10 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
Mtn take note
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Jpreyz(m): 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
ETT...brb
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Ekhemini(m): 2:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
They've even started calling with 11 digit numbers...when u pick,one nonsense girl will start talking what u dnt want 2 hear...e d vex me wella

12 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Deen4me(m): 2:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
I had to Chuck my Econet,Zain,Airtel sim because of this angry

i now use the line in a tracker

It was very annoying , you get like 20 sms per day

Globacom is second in line to this also

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Aromas: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] grin Abeg I wan go toilet!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by laeffizy(f): 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
lipsrsealed So u feel mtn is worse? U havnt met glo yet. They can send u 10 messages a day. Then those annoying calls to advertise like 10 a day. Then they even flash me with one funny 6 digit number. Some times I feel like smashing my phone against d wall.

7 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by xynerise: 2:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
The worst is asking you to subscribe for an annoying song as callertunez(MTN).

Airtel will ask you to text certain code to 2222 to win N500,000. grin

6 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by alfredo4u(m): 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
for GARRI ringtone send 28564 to 4100

for END TIME TINS ringtone send 62104 to 4100

Guess d network?....emty hen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by ugopeter(m): 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
Etisalat is the worst. They send their stupid messages everytime I check ma account balance

11 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by tmaigari: 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
If you hate the messages that much go with my option and Block the dam things, many Phone apps now have applications to block these things "smart phones" I use an Andriod phone and have the nasty annoying things blocked already.

Now I am waiting for NCC to wake up from their slumber and order these careless Telcos to stop spamming people. and focus on Network qualitygrin

JECBOSS: .

1 Like

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by agwo2july: 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
@Op, many atime, mtn will activate u without knowing and collect ur money just like that and send msg to u. Last time I had to call them, they said is system error. They did it to me and my wife most of the time. I will soon sue them to prove a point that, nigerians are not fools

4 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nikapetrelli(f): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
Na all of them,no be only messages self, dey go call u be do advert for caller tunes or make u subscribe for one of their promo n u self go dey think say na better call dey enter ur phone.Omo de tin dey vex me lyk MAD
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Horlawoomey(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
I am very tired of reading such messages. Imagine opening a message that reads "Congrats your number is among the lucky selected subscriber that will win a Mercedez G wagon tonight. . . . Meanwhile you just woke up dreaming you are driving the vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Horlawoomey(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
I am very tired of reading such messages. Imagine opening a message that reads "Congrats your number is among the lucky selected subscriber that will win a Mercedez G wagon tonight. . . . Meanwhile you just woke up dreaming you are driving the vehicle.

Stupid network providers.

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
Person wey madman don beat before, if he see mechanic, him nor go wait. they sent me this text message. grin

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
Very soon network's will be lyk Text ASUU to 419 for latest on ASUU strike 100 naira per text and also for the chance to win a brand new hair dressin salon for the girls and a new mechanic workshop for the guys. The more you text the better your chances of winnin.

4 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by nairaman66(m): 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
Because of the terrible Network state, soon their ad would be "To Enjoy Good Network" SMS A to B..

4 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Catchfire1: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
Wetin Concern me Concern Iyanya biday angry angry undecided

9 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by BigBelleControl(m): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
The most annoying one is the that from glo. Imagine they sent me messages several times that I have received a credit bonus of N0.00. I cursed them each time i received it.

9 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by yomalex(m): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
utterly depressing
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by prof800(m): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
It is so annoying...
2 years ago a friend of mine was about to take a legal action against one of these service providers...
...Not until i made him check their "terms and conditions" which he had already accepted just by cutting and inserting the sim card.
**(the number you call yours is not really yours...it still belongs to the network service providers. So what right have you to complain about what's not really yours?)**

1 Like

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by cycline404(m): 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
I don't even read the message before i delete it.... Airtel Send the higest!

1 Like

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by tmaigari: 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
If you hate the messages that much go with my option and Block the dam things, many Phone apps now have applications to block these things "smart phones" I use an Andriod phone and have the nasty annoying things blocked already.

Now I am waiting for NCC to wake up from their slumber and order these careless Telcos to stop spamming people. and focus on Network qualitygrin
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Lovetinz(m): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
My annoying-sms elimination strategy.

1st second: Beep beep!
2nd second: I identify message as junk
3rd second: I press 'Delete'
4th second: I continue what the sms interrupted.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by dokunbam(m): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
lol
very annoying
so if i call their customer care service center those messages will stop?
Ok, I will use Obatala to deal with them
Oya MTN First
then Etisalat
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
With just an SMS you get 7 free "Women's Beauty" alerts! To claim it, text 7 to 33555 for free NOW! Offer ends 11:59pm 30th of Oct'13

They send it atIeast thrice daily. I still received dis message today the 31st of Oct. MTN is a curse! They can be so annoying..

1 Like

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by 3ace(m): 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
The text messages are not even annoying; I simply delete them. The useless auto calls are more annoying. And if you dare pick the call, they will automatically subscribe your account for an unsolicited package. Very annoying and it's common with Glo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System / Celtel Gprs Settings! / How To Use More Than 100mb Using Droid Vpn Free Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.