Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: (4437 Views)

Does Age Really Matter In Marriage? / Is Age Really A Number?? ...we are Confused....please Advise! / Does Age Really Matter In Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by Rabeshi: 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2008
Does Age really matter in a relationship,
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by babasegun(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2008
Since age does not equal maturity and intelligence, I dont think it matters to an extent, just make sure she is in your peer group. age is nothing but a number.
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2008
yes
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by opokonwa(m): 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2008
@poster
Give us a real case study.
What is the age difference between you and the girl (or guy)?
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by ladybam(f): 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2008
@ poster

No, it does'nt
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by francessby(f): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2008
To some people it do matters but for me i can't marry a guy i am older than but i can marry someone we are in the same age bracket.
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by coolier(f): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2008
No. But respect does matter.
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by ssRhino: 8:39pm On Jul 10, 2008
Not really, however, please stay away from under age kids, it is not good and do unto others what you wanna be done to.
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by Joan2(f): 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2008
Overtime I've been in the midst of pple arguing about this topic
They all give reasons for taking whatever stance they take.
Some of the reasons are

A woman that is older than the husband would not respect the husband, especially when she is not so dependent on the husband (i.e she works or has something doing)

Others argue that no matter how much older she is than the man, if she really loves him she would respect him irrespective of whether she depends on him or not

Some guys would say they want ladie quite younger than them say 8 to 10 years gap.
They claim women grow older faster than the men and as such they would want there wives to look quite younger than them as the years passes by.

Some guys also say that it is better for the man to die first than for the woman
If the man is older there is tendency he will die first and as such the woman would be the better one to take care of the children. (Less likelihood of remarrying for women)

Some feel less age gap (between 1-5) years, it puts them in the same kind of setting, and its easier for them to understand themselves.

I really do not see anything wrong with the age thing in relationship cos I really do think age is a thing of the mind. There are some 30 year old guys that some 22 year old girl would not think of dating cos to them they are immature.

So it really does depend on the people involved.
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by lucabrasi(m): 12:42pm On Jul 11, 2008
it does matter but not a focal point,ill say the guy shouldnt be more than 12 years older than the woman or else theres a chance she might be pushing his wheel chair having said that i think you r as old as you feel and a woman can marry a younger man as well if she s willing to compromise and doesnt have a hang up about most things
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2008
hell yes, why don't i go and marry my granddad's best friend if we so happen to 'fall in love' shioorrr
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by nana(f): 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2008
ibkaye:

hell yes, why don't i go and marry my granddad's best friend if we so happen to 'fall in love' shioorrr
lmao! Nice one! cheesy
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by demolog(m): 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2008
no it does not.more reason_-*reachout to sexyboy cool
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by Gamine(f): 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2008
Age really matters
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by Pataki: 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2008
For me age certainly matters.
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by jekkad: 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2008
Pataki:

For me age certainly matters.

u have spoken well
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by sistajay(f): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2008
He must not be older than my father and not usin a zimmer frame.
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by beauteous(f): 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2008
To an extent,YES it does!
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by tankwa: 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COOLIER

No. But respect does matter.
GO AND MARRY SOMEONE AS OLD AS YOUR FATHER
SUGAR DADDY LADY
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by onyinye2(f): 2:05pm On Jul 11, 2008
age matters alot.
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 11, 2008
tankwa:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COOLIER
SUGAR DADDY LADY
loool
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by jekkad: 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2008
tankwa:

COOLIER
SUGAR DADDY LADY

lmao cheesy grin

anywayz coolier just stated her own opinion i guess,we r all free to smiley
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by WilR(m): 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2008
Age doesn't matter, what really matters is Love, if the Girl Loves the Guy, she would respect him, If the Guy really Loves the girl, he would treat her right.
[center][/center]So what truely matter is LOVE
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by jaync: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2008
:Dit doesn't matter at all, as for those who says it matters (especially gurls) how many of them date a guy that they are older than.For me an older lady is my ideal partner cuz they know how to properly take care of u in all aspects. smiley
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by jekkad: 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2008
jaync:

:Dit doesn't matter at all, [b]as for those who says it matters (especially girls) how many of them date a guy that they are older than.[/b]For me an older lady is my ideal partner because they know how to properly take care of u in all aspects. smiley

we r all free to state our opinions wink wink
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by Moyola(f): 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2008
NO
U CAN FALL IN LUV WIV UR GRAND FADAZ/MODAZ M8

Age is no big deal @ all tongue
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2008
Aiight, am in love with this guy, aint he a hottie, age surely 'doesn't matter'

[img]http://todaysseniorsnetwork.com/Elderly%20man,%20walker,%20caregivng.jpg[/img]
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by Moyola(f): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2008
ibkaye:

Aiight, am in love with this guy, aint he a hottie, age surely 'doesn't matter'

[img]http://todaysseniorsnetwork.com/Elderly%20man,%20walker,%20caregivng.jpg[/img]

awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! isn't that romantic. . . kiss

plz telme u jokin. . . datz an arugbo u in love with
he'll wound u o
angry
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2008
Moyola:

awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! isn't that romantic. . . kiss

plz telme u jokin. . . datz an arugbo u in love with
he'll wound u o
angry
am not joking o, you see age 'doesnt matter', even though he looks like he is old enough to give birth to even my grandma, it's the love and respect that counts wink
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by beauteous(f): 2:42pm On Jul 11, 2008
jaync:

:Dit doesn't matter at all, as for those who says it matters (especially girls) how many of them date a guy that they are older than.For me an older lady is my ideal partner because they know how to properly take care of u in all aspects. smiley

Whai won't it matter?
xamine a case study of a
32yr old man wantin to get married to yhur 17yr old daughter. . . .
wuld yhu allow it?
Dnt forget to b sincere
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by 702: 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2008
age kinda matters 2 me but not a sole criteria!
Re: Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: by jekkad: 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2008
beauteous:

Whai won't it matter?
xamine a case study of a
32yr old man wantin to get married to yhur 17yr old daughter. . . .
wuld yhu allow it?
Dnt forget to b sincere

ofcourse he will agree,even if its an 82 yr old man that is asking for his daughters hand in marriage,afterall its d respect that matters

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Might My Ex Have Called Me? / 5 Tips To Dating Older Women | Sugar Mummy / I Am Ready!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.