Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,131 members, 7,953,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:16 PM

Argentine Woman Reveals She Snubbed Marriage Proposal From Pope Francis - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Argentine Woman Reveals She Snubbed Marriage Proposal From Pope Francis (763 Views)

An Open Marriage Proposal From Linda Ikeji / Photo: Woman Reveals Embarrassing Breast Tattoos That Are Creeping Out Her BF / Funny Reasons Nigerian Ladies Turn Down Marriage Proposal From Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argentine Woman Reveals She Snubbed Marriage Proposal From Pope Francis by chuqudy(m): 10:36am On Nov 01, 2013
Speaking to Argentine television, the woman, who has so far only been identified as Amalia, said the young Jorge Mario Bergoglio had told her "if I can't marry you, I'll become a priest."

Speaking from her home in Flores, an emotional Amalia said that the "romance" with the future Pope Francis did not prosper because of the opposition of her parents.

"When we were young, he wrote me a letter and I didn't reply to him. What I wanted was for him to disappear from the map. My father had hit me because I had dared to write a note to a boy.

"He had drawn for me (in the letter) a house which had a red roof and said that it was the house he was going to buy for me when we were married.

"I never saw him after that - my parents kept me away from him and did everything possible to separate us," she said.

Amalia added: "I have nothing to hide, as it was a thing between children and totally pure.

"I think he asked me to marry him because he wanted to follow the example he had seen at home and form a family."

"In love? At that age, I didn't know love - I only knew love when I was much older. I was just a little thing," she said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/9931616/Argentine-woman-reveals-she-snubbed-marriage-proposal-from-Pope-Francis.html
Re: Argentine Woman Reveals She Snubbed Marriage Proposal From Pope Francis by speeder(m): 10:59am On Nov 01, 2013
"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs." | --Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Re: Argentine Woman Reveals She Snubbed Marriage Proposal From Pope Francis by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
how exactly is this relevant?
Re: Argentine Woman Reveals She Snubbed Marriage Proposal From Pope Francis by hotmolo(m): 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
Why bring this up now? So he can dump d papacy nd marry u? Peeps tryna bring up irrelevant issues. Obviously tryna say he dint bcom a priest due to conviction but due to d fact he cldnt marry her. Smh.
Re: Argentine Woman Reveals She Snubbed Marriage Proposal From Pope Francis by Tolexander: 3:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
Speaking to Argentine
television, the woman, who
has so far only been identified
as Amalia, said the young
Jorge Mario Bergoglio had
told her "if I can't marry you,
I'll become a priest."
is she trying to tell us pope francis is a frustrated pope or what?
Re: Argentine Woman Reveals She Snubbed Marriage Proposal From Pope Francis by Danhumprey: 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
Kids fantasy. Now they are grown-ups. grin grin
Re: Argentine Woman Reveals She Snubbed Marriage Proposal From Pope Francis by xynerise: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mtchew! Attention seeker

(1) (Reply)

Love Triangle / 8 Ways To Get Over An Unhealthy Obsession With An Ex / Why Those Little Things Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.