Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

PASTOR O.O ABEL SERMON ON THANKSGIVING - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / PASTOR O.O ABEL SERMON ON THANKSGIVING (2774 Views)

Man Caught Wife Having Sex With Neighbor In His Bedroom :o :o :o / Uti's Sermon On Marriage. ....hilarious But True / Pastor O.o Abel Exortaton On Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PASTOR O.O ABEL SERMON ON THANKSGIVING by AYEGBEGE(m): 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
Topic: Reasons for thanksgiving
Bible Text: Luke 17 : 11 - 19
Sermon by O.O Abel
Introduction:1Remember the Gospel story of Jesus healing the 10 lepers (Luke 17:11-19)? It's a wonderful recounting of Jesus' generous and healing spirit. Nonetheless, it's a troubling story, because only one of the lepers came back to thank Jesus. How could only one return? How could the other nine dance off in joy, completely forgetting how–and by whom–they were healed?
As Christians, we're called beyond simple thanks for the good things God has sent our way. We're also to give thanks for what He has done for us...and for who He is.
Scripture gives us many examples of why we are to be thankful:
We are to be thankful for what God has given us:
1. His love that “endures forever” (Psalm 107:1).
2. His grace, freely “given you in Christ Jesus” (1 Corinthians 1:4).
3. Continuous victory “through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 15:57).
4. “Righteous laws” to guide us (Psalm 119:62).
5. Fellow believers to sustain and cheer us: “I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers” (Philemon 1:4).

We are to be thankful for what God has done:
6. He has “answered me...[and] become my salvation” (Psalm 118:21).

7. He has redeemed us. “While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:cool.
8. He has qualified us “to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light” (Colossians 1:12).
We are to be thankful for who God is:
9. “He is good” (1 Chronicles 16:34)
10. He is “faithful and just” (1 John 1:9).
The Apostle Paul encourages us to “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts…And be thankful” (Colossians 3:15). Amen!

Let help ourselves in prayer . Drop your prayer request here. Or send it to pastorabel@rocketmail.com, Jesus is lord
prayer is the key[/color]
Re: PASTOR O.O ABEL SERMON ON THANKSGIVING by AYEGBEGE(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
Jesus is good
Re: PASTOR O.O ABEL SERMON ON THANKSGIVING by AYEGBEGE(m): 12:24am On Nov 08, 2013
I now have reasons to thank God

(1) (Reply)

Ten(10) Facts That Maturity Has Taught Me About Life / Picture - The Reason Fingerprints Are Now Used As Identification. / Wow! It's Raining And I'm About To Do This [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.