Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) - Literature (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) (194484 Views)

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. / Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. / Love-life On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Sammydreezy(m): 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2013
I cant but commend ur great skills of writing...ive been engulfed in the atmosphere of reading these fascinating piece since 10am this morning..it took mhe 3 fully charged nokia batteries to read up these elucidiating fiction of urz Man with these writeup u re second to none on this forum..kip it up more bones to ur femur..more ink to ur pen..more inspiration to ur intellect and most of all more constant power supply to ur residence..Great KUDOS to u man u re cokastic#Following
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by eyezik3(m): 11:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
Kingzpen no view I wan make U update naa, I dey miss d story like*Kilode*

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Niyonice(m): 12:17am On Dec 29, 2013
Sewiosly following
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Bleszin(f): 12:57am On Dec 29, 2013
Kingzpen is trying me o....no update yet....its midnyt o nd am here....do u want 2 c d BAYO part of me

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 4:02am On Dec 29, 2013
It's been a long since i commented av been a silent reader...d truth is u r gud wt wat u r doing keep it up bro...i dey gbadun n 4lowing u balistically

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Nancydearie(f): 5:04am On Dec 29, 2013
Kingzpen,what's keeping u from updating? Abeg,come and update ooooo.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:26am On Dec 29, 2013
Oga, update na!
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 7:48am On Dec 29, 2013
EPISODE 68

Anyway, I cared less about how and where she got my name from, not after she had rained abuses on me. I walked to the door, bolted it, then went straight to my bed to snooze before preparing for subsequent exams. I brought out my phone from my pocket, I smiled as I browsed through its application. Suddenly, I remembered my mum, I hadn’t reached her in ages. I jumped up from my bed, went out of the room and without delay headed to get call card.

I walked a hastily to the call center, bought the card, which worth one thousand naira, loaded it, then pulled a call through to my mum.

Thank God, she answered. “Hello mummy.” I said with a shaky voice. “Mummy, e jor ema binu simi,” which means, ‘Mummy, please don’t be upset with me.’

“Banji, you heard I was in the hospital and you didn’t try to visit me.” She said. “Ha! You disappointed me.”

“Mummy, please pardon my stupidity.” I replied and almost prostrated on the road. “It’s a long story ma.”

“Ok o.” She said and coughed.

“Bawo lara yin?” I asked, which means, ‘How’s your health?’

“I’m fine o, just that I want to see you.” She softly said.

“Mummy, I would be through with my exams this week.” I said with a smile on my face. “So, by next week I should be home.”

“Ok. How is your exam?” She asked.

“Fine ma.”

“Ok. Please face your studies o.”

“Yes ma.” I replied. “Ok ma, I would call you later. Bye.”

“Ok, Bye.”

I hung up the call with a merry heart and walked to the cafeteria to eat. The worms in my stomach grumbled as they hadn’t eaten anything since morning, so I had no choice than to feed them.

“Rice one fifty, beans fifty, two eggs.” I said to the woman standing behind the coolers of food.

“Meat nko?” She asked.

“Yes, that one.” I pointed to the pot of stew.

“This?” She asked, raising a piece of meat with her long spoon.

“No, that meat, that very one staring at me. Yes, you got it, put it.” I said, already salivating. “And please a bottle of maltina.”

My filled plate was stretched to me, I paid and went to a solo seat to crunch my meal peacefully. As I gobbled my meal, I saw a folded paper on the table; it was neatly folded, that pushed my curiosity to reach for its content.

I opened it with the help of my left hand, which laid idle on the table. Oh! It was the school’s weekly bulletin. The bulletin was current so I guzzled my food as I read through.

Abruptly, I chewed slowly, dropped my spoon, then held the paper with my hands. “Adebayo Babashile rusticated. The above mentioned student has been found guilty of the murder crime alleged on him and the school wouldn’t condole any act of indiscipline.” I read out the content of the bulletin.

I immediately lost appetite but not to the extent of leaving my maltina untouched, I drank all and left the cafeteria. I buried my head, thinking deeply about Bayo. I landed the poor boy in trouble, he tried defending me but he took it to the extreme. Tears trickled down my cheek as I climbed the stairs to my room. I got to room, bolted the door, laid on my bed and wondered where he would be at the time.

“Bayo, I’m sorry.” I remorsefully said. “I’m sincerely sorry. Wish you could hear me.”

Afterwards, I wiped my tears and dismissed the feelings. I couldn’t help but to clear my mind of what was and focus on the task that laid ahead. I have two papers tomorrow, I recalled as I reached for my books to read. I laid supine on the bed with my book opened in my hands. I knew it was a bad idea to read that way when I began yawning severally. I tried concentrating but my eyes kept closing, so I sat upright. That didn’t solve the issue, so I decided to engage myself.

I stood up from the bed, walked to my wardrobe to get Mr Martin’s business card to call him. I reached for my phone, then dialed his number.

He answered. “Hello?”

“Hello Sir.” I replied. “It’s me, Banji.”

“Oh! Banji, how are you?”

“Fine sir.” I said with a big grin on my face.

“Hope the exam isn’t tough?” He asked and giggled.

I giggled too. “No sir. I prepared very well so it wasn’t.”

“Ok, that’s good.” He said. “Is this your number?”

“Yes sir.”

“Ok, I will save it.” He said. “Hope you’re fine and when are you finishing?”

“I’m fine sir.” I replied. “I would be through this week.”

“That’s good, so make sure you come over to the house.” He said. “Ok?”

“Yes sir.” I said and smiled. “What of Samuel?”

“He’s fine. He’s at home.” He replied. “I’m still in the office.”

“Ok sir. I just wanted to greet you sir.” I said. “God bless you sir.”

“Oh! Thank you so much. Don’t worry, I now have your number so I will call you.”

“Thank you sir.” I appreciated. “Bye sir.”

“Bye.”

I hung up the call. “My life don better!” I shouted, flung my phone on the bed and started dancing to an imaginary beat.

I was so exhilarated but the moment was short lived when my phone rang. I answered it.

“Hello, meet me unfailingly in my office tomorrow morning.”

TO BE CONTINUED...

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by noblebright(m): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2013
U see dis guy done come again with suspence? I guess it most b miss... oh Banji dnt enter into new P
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by D9ty7(m): 8:34am On Dec 29, 2013
Hope no be d CSO dey call you?
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Saidxxx: 8:51am On Dec 29, 2013
bro ur write up are well typed and precise.i've been followin ur story since day 1.i cherish d episodes.more grease 2 ur joints.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by dhayor58(m): 9:16am On Dec 29, 2013
Power of suspense, oga kingzpen, y nah?
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Bleszin(f): 11:17am On Dec 29, 2013
Plz who took my drugs(suspencilin) b4 i die of suspence o....i Suspect DHAYOR

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by habdulquadri2(m): 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dis suspense fit kill person ooo
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
I promise you can't die... *laughs*
habdulquadri2: Dis suspense fit kill person ooo
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
LmaoOooo... Buy from Stefikal... *tongues out*
Bleszin: Plz who took my drugs(suspencilin) b4 i die of suspence o....i Suspect DHAYOR
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
I'm sorry... Loooool... Update coming as soon as I rest... Service was awesome, pakurumo thingz...
dhayor58: Power of suspense, oga kingzpen, y nah?
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
Thankz so much... God Bless You, Saidxxx...
Saidxxx: bro ur write up are well typed and precise.i've been followin ur story since day 1.i cherish d episodes.more grease 2 ur joints.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
No be my fault bro... Loooool... Na where my ink finish be that... Banji is safe don't worry...
noblebright: U see dis guy done come again with suspence? I guess it most b miss... oh Banji dnt enter into new P
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by PrinceGozie(m): 12:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
KingzPen: No be my fault bro... Loooool... Na where my ink finish be that... Banji is safe don't worry...

Kingzpen, abeg update na,, abeg.. Mak I kneel down or cry 4 u.. No let suspense mak me kill my ba3 nd yet no shw.. U dy try joor.. Bt I dy invite banji to my church today evenin. D guy nid xrious deliverance..
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by dammygoody(m): 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
O my Banji shocked shocked..welldone Kingzpen............
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
Before nko, na ur church Banji dey go na... Loooool... I will update, just returned from church... Thankz so much for understanding...
PrinceGozie:

Kingzpen, abeg update na,, abeg.. Mak I kneel down or cry 4 u.. No let suspense mak me kill my ba3 nd yet no shw.. U dy try joor.. Bt I dy invite banji to my church today evenin. D guy nid xrious deliverance..
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by JumaiM(f): 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
kingzPen Adebanji ku ise opolo, olorun a so agbara di otun. Kudos to u sweetheart u are indeed a good writer.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
DammyGoody my man... Thankz so much, I see you...
dammygoody: O my Banji shocked shocked..welldone Kingzpen............
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by JumaiM(f): 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
kingzPen Adebanji ku ise opolo, olorun a so agbara di otun. Kudos to u sweetheart u are indeed a good & talented writer.

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by OlaideAyinla: 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
Wow so interesting,keep it up.

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by walewunmi(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hmmm don't be surprised if u start geting report dat peeps av started aving suspenseter tension while reading ur story...2much suspense walai kingzpen ride on bro(HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCEgrin)
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by stefikal(f): 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
KingzPen: LmaoOooo... Buy from Stefikal... *tongues out*

actually I ran out of stock...d demand is quite highsmiley
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by SenatorPope(m): 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
U see d two of u*kingzpen and stefikal*
stefikal:

Na una dem send to give HBP to pple.....

*well done*hmmm*well done*

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Seastar(m): 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dis is fantalicious, really swt.kip us updated, u r awesome, mmmmmmuah!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Bleszin(f): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
stefikal:

Stefikal does dat mean i wil die of suspense
stefikal:

stefikal:

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Khemyte(f): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ki lo tun sele bai (wetin apen again), no 4get kofo nd ar boifrnd o

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (59) (Reply)

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story / Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.