Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,338 members, 7,829,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) - Literature (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) (194489 Views)

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. / Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. / Love-life On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by D9ty7(m): 7:11am On Dec 28, 2013
Good mawnin to y'all around here. Hope you had a nice night rest?
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 7:16am On Dec 28, 2013
EPISODE 67

“I said my phone is on the floor!” I shouted at him.

He parked the motorcycle, I alighted, then ran like a wild dog to pick up the phone where it dropped. Thank goodness, no car drove behind us, it would have been another story.

I returned to the motorcyclist, who hissed at me, ignited the engine and we zoomed off.

“Oya come down.” The motorcyclist said as we got to my destination.

“My change?” I asked the motorcyclist as I stretched a two hundred naira note to him.

He snatched the money from me, then zoomed away. “God punish your papa!” I shouted, pacing a little after him. “Bastard!”

I paused, stood at akimbo gazing at him as his perspective grew thiner. I shrugged the feelings away and headed into the banking hall. You better be reasonable and let me in peacefully, I said to myself as the double door rejected me twice. Finally, I escaped all its threat, thanks to the bank security man.

I walked to the deposit stand, picked up a slip, filled it and strolled majestically to join the queue. I shuffled my steps as the customer ahead moved over to the counter. At last, I was called. I paid the money and left the banking hall.

I let out the breath I had held since the day the cheque tried to run from me. I smiled, boarded another motorcycle, off to the campus. Once bitten, twice shy, that I remembered, which made me place the motorcyclist on a condition, he must give me my balance before I give him his money. We both reached and settled our agreement.

It was 2:40 P.M. when I got to my hall. I walked to my block, enthusiastically climed the stairs, then I began whistling a winning song as I bounced to my room.

My ears like a magnet, heard people giggling from one of the rooms. I hastened my steps, strained my ears to spot which room the sound came from. I moved closer, even closer to my room.

“Funny guys.” A soft voice protruded, coupled with laughter. “Their rooms are always wack.”

Oops! Those voices came from my room. How come my room was opened? Didn’t I lock the door? Oh no I didn’t, I remembered rushing out of the room to the library for my bag.

I cleared my throat, scanned through my dressing to be sure if I was fit enough to confront the girls, then I opened the door gently and walked in. Wow! These girls are beautiful, I screamed in my mind but it appeared on my face.

“Hello.” I greeted.

They waved. “Hi.”

“You are the library girl, huh?” I asked.

“Yes, I’m.” She replied. “So, where is my bag?”

I smiled. “Oh!” I sounded and immediately groped under the bed for it. “Here is it.”

She hissed and frowned her face like an unkempt kitchen. “Oh my gosh, this is not my bag.” She said.

What should I do? Go in search of your bag? I almost said. “I’m so sorry.” I said and shrugged. “This was the bag I mistook for my bag.”

Her friend, who accompanied her to my hall, guessed because she was scared of the male hostel, removed her spectacles and fired at me with her foreign intonation. “Hey Mr, why on earth should you take what isn’t yours?” She asked.

I was quite crossed with the way she accused me. “Hello Miss, you weren’t deaf when I said I mistook it for my bag.” I replied her with a frown on my face.

She stood up angrily. “You must be sick in the skull with that kinda response.” She yelled. “Imagine this, this, this...”

“Nancy, Nancy, calm down.” The library girl interjected, pulling her by the arm.

“No! Don’t tell me that.” She increased her pitch. “This guy is a fool. He indirectly abused me and I promise that you will definitely pay for this.”

“Pay for what?” I furiously asked her.

“Shut the heck up, dog and watch me make you pay.” She threatened.

I was quite scared but I acted bold. “Let’s watch and see.”

“Nancy, come on it’s ok.” The library girl cut in. “We don’t have to fight over this.”

“I wonder o.” I affirmed.

Nancy hissed. “Gosh, you suck.” She said and scowled at me.

Ring! Ring!! Nancy’s phone rang out loud from her bag. She opened, groped for it and picked it up. I stared at her, as she sat on my bed, pompous.

“Yes dad. I had just a paper today. No, no. Trust me dad. Ok.” She said as she put on her spectacles and fixed her eyes on me. “Oh! My school? Seriously? Banji?”

“What?!” I ignorantly yelled.

With the phone still plugged to her ear, she made a sign to me with her left hand, bent all her fingers inward, save the middle one.

I was extremely angry but I respected her call, which got my mouth sealed and my emotions buried.

“Banji, Banji in the air.” She continued.

“Hey! Enough of my name.” I yelled. “Stop faking calls here and get out of my room.”

She lividly looked at me and stood up. “Dad, please I’m in the middle of a meeting. Ok.” She said. “Thanks dad. Love you too.”

“Why were you calling my name?”

She hissed. “I wasn’t wrong when I called you a dog because you bark alot.” She said. “Tracy, let’s get out of this matchbox.”

My eyes were saturated with tears and my lips were sealed as they forged out of my room, laughing and making jest of me.

Why she called my name was still a mystery to me.

TO BE CONTINUED...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by D9ty7(m): 7:26am On Dec 28, 2013
Dats Samuel's sis for ur info.
# dancing etigi, i can see the future. Nancy & Banji.#

2 Likes

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Flakkydagirl: 7:37am On Dec 28, 2013
Nancy?Banji? Who is going to ignite who?

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by lanreabbey(m): 7:55am On Dec 28, 2013
Join Together as 1..In the name of the father & of the Son,i present to u Husband & Wife

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by dammygoody(m): 8:54am On Dec 28, 2013
lanreabbey: Join Together as 1..In the name of the father & of the Son,i present to u Husband & Wife
just like that shocked............well, that means Banji would get a good share of the national cake.. grin ..........
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by walewunmi(m): 8:57am On Dec 28, 2013
Hmmm banji plus nancy walai dat one go be hell made in earth...banji open ur box of reasoning nancy is samuel's sis u dummy!!!

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by JumaiM(f): 9:28am On Dec 28, 2013
KingzPen: Same to you, Jumai. Thankz you so much and I love your name... *winks*

You welcome. still following...........

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by habdulquadri2(m): 9:49am On Dec 28, 2013
Keep it up bros

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Nancydearie(f): 10:18am On Dec 28, 2013
Following.Another update plz.

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 10:29am On Dec 28, 2013
Cooking already... *winks*
Nancydearie: Following.Another update plz.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by eyezik3(m): 10:41am On Dec 28, 2013
Dat girl Nancy is kinda rude maybe cuz her father is Rich... Ehmm but the future says that Banji and Nancy will be a close acquaintance or so I tot. Banji life go soon dey change now!
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by SenatorPope(m): 11:07am On Dec 28, 2013
Kingzpen I think by now u should knw dat each and everyone of us reading this story are Oliver Twist.

I can sense the end of this story coming and we have lost track on Banji's mum.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 11:09am On Dec 28, 2013
Oliver Twist wants more... Yaaaaaaaay... Ehm, Banji mama go surface soon... This story don dey show tail Oooo so I am so glad... *goes back to the kitchen*
Senator_Pope: Kingzpen I think by now u should knw dat each and everyone of us reading this story are Oliver Twist.

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by eyezik3(m): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2013
Senator_Pope: Kingzpen I think by now u should knw dat each and everyone of us reading this story are Oliver Twist.

Kingzpen I think senator pope is right, we don't know how it went with Banji's mum and u need to let us know about how Bayo's life end, whether they sent him to death but i finkz u're still gonna tell us d part!
#TeamBanji
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 11:32am On Dec 28, 2013
Hmmmm... About Bayo, I'm writing from my perspective, that is, I can't know exactly what happened to Bayo but I sure will shed light on him before finishing...
eyezik3:
Kingzpen I think senator pope is right, we don't know how it went with Banji's mum and u need to let us know about how Bayo's life end, whether they sent him to death but i finkz u're still gonna tell us d part!
#TeamBanji
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by obami007(m): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2013
Mr kingzpen carry on joor,,,,u are doin a wonderfull job,,,nice story u gat der,,,,,,,,pls we hav also lost track of d murderer(bayo),,,,,pls tell us wat wil become of him b4 ur story ends,,,,,,,more ororo to ur elbow
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 11:42am On Dec 28, 2013
Thankz Obami... The demand on Bayo is high so I have no choice than to drag his fat head into the picture... God Bless You for your support...
obami007: Mr kingzpen carry on joor,,,,u are doin a wonderfull job,,,nice story u gat der,,,,,,,,pls we hav also lost track of d murderer(bayo),,,,,pls tell us wat wil become of him b4 ur story ends,,,,,,,more ororo to ur elbow

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 28, 2013
Nice episode..... #thumb up

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Khemyte(f): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Nd b4 d story get 2 an end, dnt 4get Adaobi nd ar dad, wot happened 2 dem. Being a gal, she ll be expecting banji's call, xo bring ar pretty head in2 d story again. *wisphering* i love ur story lyk kilotoyen
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
Jeeeeeeeeez! Now I am placed in Banji's shoes cos am confused at the moment... Problem with creating too many characters. Anyways, I have arranged something to cater for that; that will keep me stucked to writing... You will understand the something soon... Thankz Khemyte... I dey gbadun your comments like abeg now...
Khemyte: Nd b4 d story get 2 an end, dnt 4get Adaobi nd ar dad, wot happened 2 dem. Being a gal, she ll be expecting banji's call, xo bring ar pretty head in2 d story again. *wisphering* i love ur story lyk kilotoyen
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Bleszin(f): 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
Banji o.....at last d witches ar getin tired of u!!!!Praise d Lord..!!.. #I dnt even knw y am smiling#winks

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Yemlizzy(f): 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
Nice one Kingzpen! You doing a great job with the flow of suspense. Stumbled upon this yesterday and i was captured,following with keen interest,well done!
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Adedayo516(m): 1:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
Took me exactly 24hours(yes, I didn't sleep) to eat up this hot spicy food(story) that kingspen cooked with great intellectual skills and of course his 'kingpen'.....now am gonna lay down to have some sleep.... BTW, have you guys noticed that all that's happening to Banjo could have been avoided if he had just minded his own business and let Sister Grace continue with her extramoral class(es) with Emeka?

moral - mind your business and nothing but your business!!!!
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by stefikal(f): 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
Adedayo516: BTW, have you guys noticed that all that's happening to Banjo could have been avoided if he had just minded his own business and let Sister Grace continue with her extramoral class(es) with Emeka?

moral - mind your business and nothing but your business!!!!

lolzzz...good advice oooo..

KingzPen I agree with him oo,

Na Stronghead Nancy go fit Jinxed Banji... #HappyMarriedLifegrincheesy
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
If kingzpen doesn't want the story to end early enuf...
stefikal:

lolzzz...good advice oooo..

KingzPen I agree with him oo,

Na Stronghead Nancy go fit Jinxed Banji... #HappyMarriedLifegrincheesy
then he ll cook the story in such a way that banji ll slap nancy jst like he did to ehmm that his 1st gf(her name scaped tru my mind.... I still dey sorry for the girl cox of her story)..... Jst smh for banji.... The witches ar still hiding around the corner
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by hikmoj(m): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
Definately that elenu razor nancy na samuel sister...no bleeping o banji:-D

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by merbenko: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
You are a great writter with much of intillegent. Love ya
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Rikidony(m): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
Fantastic write ups..... Cnt wait for the concluding part
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Kingso23: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
meeeeeeen!, king with the pen, you're killing the story like say u de with a gun, I certainly would like to hear more about adaobi damsel fire on! more oil to your elbow.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Nancydearie(f): 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
Kimgzpen,what about my xmas gift? Am waiting oooooooooo! Plz come and update.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by hebenz(m): 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
Adaobi muaaaahhhh.... Nancy chaaaaiiiii

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (59) (Reply)

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story / Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.