Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,016 members, 7,956,769 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:29 PM

Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? (8320 Views)

He Was Arrested For Impregnating A Girl Older Than Him(viewer Discretion Pix) / Pleas Help!!!!.am In Love With A Girl Older Than Me / I'm Crazily In Love With A Girl Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Adehwale: 8:39am On Nov 02, 2013
I've always had a crush on this paticular girl, she has always being my friend and we both know there is an age difference between both of us. In this case, she's a bit older than me. I find it hard asking her out because I feel it would look awkward dating someone older than I am. I have a feeling I wont be comfortable in that kind of relationship knowing she is older than me.
Now, guys I would like to know ur view on this. Can you date a girl that is obviously older than you? And do you think the relationship can work out well in that kind of situation?
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Mikocake(m): 10:42am On Nov 02, 2013
Ok
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Bigsteveg(m): 10:51am On Nov 02, 2013
Ofcourse yes, i can date a girl older than me with less say not more than 3years. @op, everything depends on you, women regardless of their age wants a guy who can always be in control, who can always defend, protect, care and love them. If you can prove all dese 75%....bro she'l respect u as if ure older. But d moment u realize she'z startin to feel superior, next bus stop pls
grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by djeezy(m): 11:25am On Nov 02, 2013
I can date a girl older than me but when it comes to marriage I'm not really sure. Some will say age is just a number, but at times it's not just a number. This is what they all say to marry their mama or papa's age mate.smh.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Dygeasy(m): 11:34am On Nov 02, 2013
Bigsteveg: Ofcourse yes, i can date a girl older than me with less say not more than 3years. @op, everything depends on you, women regardless of their age wants a guy who can always be in control, who can always defend, protect, care and love them. If you can prove all dese 75%....bro she'l respect u as if ure older. But d moment u realize she'z startin to feel superior, next bus stop pls
grin
Spot On!

OP You Need Not Find Answers Further!
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by timwezzb(m): 1:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
In this Generetion it dosn't what really matters Most is the LOVE,HAPPINESS,CARE etc......
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Dubemkelly(m): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
Age is nothing but maturity makes it work better...If u can handle it,go on tho as 4 me,I'm proud n luv dem younger age wise but on d other hand,sum girls r younger dan der age n equally respectful, just like my uncle hu is married 2 a lady 2 yrs older dan him,bet me I'm d only one hu knows this in d family, dscovered my aunty's CV n cert n found out n hv concealed it,moreso,with d way d wife relates,u neva can know,so humble,sweet n gud looking tho she's blessed physical,looks way younger dan her age...Bro if u can handle it,go on but I sense u can't cos u hv d mentality dt it can't wrk so neva go there,luk 4 it elsewhere
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Danhumprey: 2:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
Gaddemit!!! angry
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by chineloSA(f): 3:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
Hmmmmm hmmm. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by lipsyliscious: 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
All dis crap about age being just a number! Thumbs up to d person dat said n so is jail just a room. Anytime dis topic comes up I'm quick to point out dis fact dat yes maturity matters a lot, bt dere are 2 tinz dat determine maturity, age n experience. Ur damn age is d number of yrs u hv spent on dis earth n d more d yrs, d more d experience n d more ur damn maturity is expected to increase bt all our expectations do not come true. Quite alright it dosent always hv to add up dat a 30yr old woman will b more mature Dan an 18yr old, bt who are u kidding? Wat are d chances? It's lyk 70-30%! Dear op, just make sure u n d lady in question are mature enough to give each oda respect. It's kinda a human default thinking to luk down at anyone younger except of cos dey are at a higher position. BT age does f * * king matter. Maybe wen an 18yr old decides to marry ur grandfather, age won't just b a number anymore.
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Dannylux: 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
Dubemkelly: Age is nothing but maturity makes it work better...If u can handle it,go on tho as 4 me,I'm proud n luv dem younger age wise but on d other hand,sum girls r younger dan der age n equally respectful, just like my uncle hu is married 2 a lady 2 yrs older dan him,bet me I'm d only one hu knows this in d family, dscovered my aunty's CV n cert n found out n hv concealed it,moreso,with d way d wife relates,u neva can know,so humble,sweet n gud looking tho she's blessed physical,looks way younger dan her age...Bro if u can handle it,go on but I sense u can't cos u hv d mentality dt it can't wrk so neva go there,luk 4 it elsewhere

If age is just a number, is cell just a room? undecided
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Sard(m): 9:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
For those saying they can date ladies older than them but can't marry them, why will u date someone u can't marry,(except u are dating for some odd reasons). I honestly think it's absurd. As for me, age is NOT just a number, it matters, hence I can't marry/date an older lady.
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
Hell NO! angry
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Impulse80(m): 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
Age ain't no number!

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by chineloSA(f): 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
Impulse80: Age ain't no number!

Thank you my brother
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by BarryX(m): 12:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
Simple Word :
I must be older than my wife , I don't fancy a situation where I'm her younger brother's mate

PERIOD !!
grin
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by seangy4konji: 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
they r d sweetest wen it even comes to bedmatics...i mean 50 year old plus r my favs....dntdull
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Adehwale: 2:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
BarryX: Simple Word :
I must be older than my wife , I don't fancy a situation where I'm her younger brother's mate

PERIOD !!
grin
lol...its quite funny but dats the fact tho. u jst spoke my mind. I cant stand that kind of situation
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Oluwatola5(f): 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
Well i think the girl's consent to such such be sought first. If she is okay with it, you can go on. You can just use style to find out if she can date someone younger. Some girls dont feel comfortable about such. Me personally, i am finicky about such idea. Nah!!!! Not just me!!!
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Olugbenger(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
Bigsteveg: Ofcourse yes, i can date a girl older than me with less say not more than 3years. @op, everything depends on you, women regardless of their age wants a guy who can always be in control, who can always defend, protect, care and love them. If you can prove all dese 75%....bro she'l respect u as if ure older. But d moment u realize she'z startin to feel superior, next bus stop pls
grin
+59 likes
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by Ade5(m): 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
Please DO NOT be deceived, when it comes to interaction between human beings, dating or otherwise, age is NOT just a number.

But that being said, u can't put every situation in the same box. It may work for you.
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by chineloSA(f): 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
BarryX: Simple Word :

PERIOD !!
grin

Imagine that?? Dating a teenager?? Tufiakwa.

The fact of the matter is, different developmental milestones create big problems. Its wrong from all levels.
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by hotwax: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
I can even 5 years older than me.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by laoludavid(m): 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
Yes i can, 2 of my ex are older than me one is 2yrs yle d oda is 4yrs
Re: Can You Date A Girl Older Than You? by JackRyan(m): 8:17am On Nov 05, 2013
Can I date an older lady?
HECK NO!! Even Adam was a few days older than eve.

Can a Relationship work under such circumstances?
Yes ofcourse. Depends on a lot though, and you're gonna be facing a whole lot more challenges but it can work.

Age is not just a number. This becomes really apparent when the age difference is not 1 or 2 but 10 and above.

(1) (Reply)

When Will Nigerian Ladies Start Going Dutch On A Date / Lady Who Flaunts Her Boobs Online , Joins FC Barcelona By Force (pictures) / What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.