Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ (19766 Views)

Answering Any 7 Of These Means Your IQ Is Really High. / Test Your IQ: Solve This Question In 10 Seconds / Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by factorial1(m): 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
hmm....guess its' high time I started throwing out questions here on nairaland, cause...as I dey see my ogas' here...dey are over gurus'...Lolz,
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by emekakelvin(m): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
benbuks: X =an empty set.
Gud.
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by factorial1(m): 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2013
Solve: |x - 1| < 2
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by emekakelvin(m): 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2013
factorial1: Solve: |x - 1| < 2
-1<x<3
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by jdzarrus99: 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
denniece1:

4 b4 14 and 9 b4 1
Bro u'r gud!
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2013
I guess dz thread z 4 brain teasers and nt maths.
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by jdzarrus99: 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
jdzarrus99: Question3:Which two numbers are missing and where do
they go in the sequence?
8, 11, 5, 14, 1, 7, 6, 10, 13, 3, 12, 2
The two missing numbers are 4 & 9.
Watch dis; alphabetical arrangement
[8-eight.] Eight
[11-eleven.] Eleven
[ 5-five.] Five
[14-fourteen.] ( (Four) )
[1-one.] Fourteen
[7-seven.] ( (Nine) )
[6-six.] One
[10-ten.] Seven
[13-thirteen.] Six
[3-three.] Ten
[12-twelve.] Thirteen
[2-two.] Three
Twelve
Two
Numerically;
8,11,5,(4),14,(9),1,7,6,10,13,3,12,2
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by jdzarrus99: 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
Question:-Two fathers and two sons go fishing together
in the same boat. They all catch a fish but the
total catch for the day is 3 fish. How is this
possible?
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by jdzarrus99: 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
Question:A glass of water with a single ice cube sits on
a table. When the ice has completely melted,
will the level of the water have increased,
decreased or remain unchanged?
Proper explanation is required.
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by jdzarrus99: 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
Question:- Two men are standing on one side of a bridge
and two women are approaching them. One of
the men says, "Here comes my wife and
daughter" to which the second man replies,
"Here comes my wife and daughter". If they
have not married the same woman and the
women aren't pregnant, how is this true?
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by Vivly(f): 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
jdzarrus99: Question:A glass of water with a single ice cube sits on
The water will remain unchanged because the icecube was not inside the glass
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by Gwekzy: 12:16am On Nov 17, 2013
Following
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by Ghyft(f): 12:35am On Nov 17, 2013
jdzarrus99: Question:-Two fathers and two sons go fishing together
possible?
d both sons are siblings nd ave just one father?
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by Ghyft(f): 12:38am On Nov 17, 2013
remains unchanged,cos if d same mass of water was frozen,den even wen melted will still give d same mass...#my opinion...
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by Davidbanky(m): 1:12am On Nov 17, 2013
Can anyone solve this ? Dunno the answer too o

Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by Briggsrowland(m): 6:58am On Nov 17, 2013
possible?

The three enities include, A father,his son and his grand-son.

1 Like

Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by denniece1(m): 7:03am On Nov 17, 2013
Briggs rowland:

The three enities include, A father,his son and his grand-son.

Niceee!
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by emekakelvin(m): 7:45am On Nov 17, 2013
jdzarrus99: Question:- Two men are standing on one side of a bridge
It's possible.
Those women are just daughter-in-laws to their husband father-----You see we have gotten the daughter aspect.

Those women can also be called the wife of their husband father,putting culture into play, when you get married and you bring ur wifey home, you will be surprise to hear your father calling your own wife his wife grin grin

I hope this is correct cool
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by emekakelvin(m): 8:01am On Nov 17, 2013
possible?
They caught a fish respectively,in the form of
Grandfather
Father
Son/grand son

Taking another instance, they caught 3 fishes because there are three individual at the scene.
A father
1st son
2nd son
To the father he can severally call those two individual sons
To the 1st son he can say this is father, likewise the 2nd son,thus making it two father and two sons
I hope this is understandable
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by emekakelvin(m): 8:05am On Nov 17, 2013
It decreases!
Taking a block purewater for instance grin . Anyday I buy this block water maybe after a difficult task or just for fun. I always place this iceblock inside a cup,and i notice that the content of this water would decrease.
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by EmyLeo(m): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2013
emekakelvin:
Grandfather
Father
Son/grand son

Taking another instance, they caught 3 fishes because there are three individual at the scene.
A father
1st son
2nd son
To the 1st son he can say this is father, likewise the 2nd son,thus making it two father and two sons
kudos bro
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by UromOta(m): 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2013
emekakelvin:
It decreases!
Taking a block purewater for instance grin . Anyday I buy this block water maybe after a difficult task or just for fun. I always place this iceblock inside a cup,and i notice that the content of this water would decrease.
it remains unchanged. Cos the space occupied by d ice is stil occupied when it melts. Therefore, the volume remains the same. Tnx
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2013
firstly, the base of a glass is not square, but round so there would be unoccupied space at the bottom and when it melts, the water would fill up that empty space so the level would have reduced. . . But if It's a square base and the cube fits perfectly to the bottom, then when it becomes a liquid the level of water would increase because liquids contract when they freeze. Or maybe the cube is not in the glass but on the table.
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by jdzarrus99: 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
emekakelvin:
Grandfather
Father
Son/grand son

A father
1st son
2nd son
You've just buttress it! U'r gud bro!
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by jdzarrus99: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
Vivly: The water will remain unchanged because the icecube was not inside the glass
Dats not correct!
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by peter1994(m): 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2013
the first man married the daugter of the 2nd man (probably not his first wife) then his father inlaw i.e the 2nd man, married the daughter of the first man (probably a child he got from his earliest wife)
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by peter1994(m): 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2013
the quantity of the water will reduce because the ice cube is in its solid state (d molecules are arranged in a regular crystal lattice) but when it melts it become liquid (the solid dissolves and then the molecules can slide on each other) thereby reducing the size of the cube and eventually the volume of the water
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by jdzarrus99: 11:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
peter1994: the quantity of the water will reduce because the ice cube is in its solid state (d molecules are arranged in a regular crystal lattice) but when it melts it become liquid (the solid dissolves and then the molecules can slide on each other) thereby reducing the size of the cube and eventually the volume of the water
Dats not true bro.
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by jdzarrus99: 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
Question1:-By moving one of the following digits, make the
equation correct. 62 - 63 = 1
Question2:- A princess is as old as the prince will be when
the princess is twice the age that the prince
was when the princess's age was half the sum
of their present ages.
What are their ages?
Question3:-You're in a room with two doors. There's a
guard at each door. One door is the exit, but
behind the other door is something that will
kill you. You're told that one guard always tells
the truth and the other guard always lies. You
don't know which guard is which. You are
allowed to ask one question to either of the
guards to determine which door is the exit.
What question should you ask?
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by emekakelvin(m): 12:23am On Nov 19, 2013
jdzarrus99: Question1:-By moving one of the following digits, make the
equation correct. 62 - 63 = 1
Question2:- A princess is as old as the prince will be when
the princess is twice the age that the prince
was when the princess's age was half the sum
of their present ages.
What are their ages?
Question3:-You're in a room with two doors. There's a
guard at each door. One door is the exit, but
behind the other door is something that will
kill you. You're told that one guard always tells
the truth and the other guard always lies. You
don't know which guard is which. You are
allowed to ask one question to either of the
guards to determine which door is the exit.
What question should you ask?
Question 1,
2^6 - 63= 1
Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by afobam(m): 7:26am On Nov 19, 2013
You will ask that if I am to ask the other guard which door will he says leads to freedom. Then you will move to the opposite of whichever1 they say..............lng time here I actually went to the mount to pray for nigeria

1 Like

Re: Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ by jdzarrus99: 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2013
emekakelvin:
Question 1,
2^6 - 63= 1

U're v.correct....keep it up

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

"Next tomorrow" Vs "Day after tomorrow" / Water Scarcity Hits OAU, Students Fetch From Stream / ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.