Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra (14457 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Prophesies Mourning In The Camp Of APC / FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year / Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by MrAboki: 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ruchidera:
I can't understand the rationale behind your rants?
If Obi's visit does not have a political undertone, he ought to have steered
clear from the venue knowing fully well that the election is close by even being invited by the priest undecided.

He went there to solicit for votes either by hooks or by crooks tongue

The dead ones are gone and he had declared a three morning
for them as if it will bring them back to life angry

Okay!!

Let me take your mind to a deeper place.

Imagine that Night vigil with no Obi. Just a normal Night Vigil. It closes, and as people were exiting the venue, any of these happened;

1. Somebody shouts Snake
2. Somebody shouts Bomb
3. Somebody throws a fire cracker
4. Somebody just starts running

What do you think would happen?!

What we should be asking is;

1. Did the venue have proper crowd control measures in place?
2. Did the venue have enough exit points to accomodate the crowd that they had?
3. Were the members given any safety induction before the crusade started?!

These are the things we take for granted in churches. I have attended a church that had over 5000 capacity seating, yet had only 6 doors that were not that big. What if a fire broke out?! What is there was an emergency that required them all to exit?! Why are safety inductions not given in Churches? Why are safety signs pointing towards the exit, designated muster points, e.t.c not ever displayed in churches and other religous places of worship?

I think we as Nigerians should stop taking safety for granted. I am not going to take this political bait of throwing blames on people.. The blame lies squarely with the church.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by onstelly(f): 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
freecocoa: I blame him, why has he never attended the crusade all these past years? Shey na now wey him dey campaign up and down him remember crusade? Didn't he know he was in Ngige's hometown? How dare he show his ugly face to tell people to vote against their son who is far better than him? Just what did he think will happen?abi him wan say he doesn't know that many Anambrarians don't like him because he is a wicked man?

He will pay for this, short man devil like him.
Nne biko chris ngige is not from uke, he is from alor
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by bushwailo: 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
kingbang:

Do you have mental problems? Was post was for the bloody hypocritical APC touts that are playing politics with people's lives. Let them tell us if Obi made any campaign speech there or if any APGA flag was found there.
Yea, but mysteriously, he and Obiano was at the venue and you don't think its political.
Are you such a dullard !

My friend people have lost their lives, I think its time you and your likes shut up !
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Stallione(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
grin grin Ngige is from idemili LGA and uke is in idemili,ngige is emotionally attarched 2we anambrarians,generally loved by idemili people,so my question is why would obi show his face at idemili not 2tok of the prayer ground or did'nt he know he's like an outcast there,shameless politicians,mtchewww!!! undecided undecided
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by nwaobitex: 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
RIP to the dead
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by oboy3(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
the blames should all go to peter obi,he caused it all,imagine campaigning in a vigil and in a town away from ngige's hometown where there is no government prescence at all,do you think the people will welcome you with open hands,the roads which uke people enjoy were built by ngige's administration even the 2km errosion ridden road leading to the ground was leveled to normalcy by ngige's contractors just last week yet ngige knows best than disrupting the ministry
when he promised to tar their roads in their roads in two weeks,that was when the booing took a higher crescendo,peter should just jejely apologise to ndi idemili and anambrarians as a whole
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by kingbang: 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
bushwailo:
Yea, but mysteriously, he and Obiano was at the venue and you don't think its political.
Are you such a dullard !

My friend people have lost their lives, I think its time you and your likes shut up !

Mr Dumbo, get this into your thick skull.
1. Obi was invited by the priest to partake in the crusade.
2. He never made any campaign speech. Even Obiano didn't give any speech at all.
So because this is election period, does it mean Obi cannot go for a crusade? I personally would have blamed him if he had made campaign speech there but many eye witnesses have collaborated the man's story. Please tell APC to stop playing politics with people's lives.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by kingbang: 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ruchidera:
I can't understand the rationale behind your rants?
If Obi's visit does not have a political undertone, he ought to have steered
clear from the venue knowing fully well that the election is close by even being invited by the priest undecided.

He should be sensitive being the No.1 citizen of the state?

He went there to solicit for votes either by hooks or by crooks tongue

The dead ones are gone and he had declared a three morning
for them as if it will bring them back to life angry
I swear you are the one ranting senselessly. The priest has confirmed he personally invited Obi to the crusade and that the stampede happened 3 hours after he left. So WTF are u saying? Please use your brains sir, they are yours.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by MrAboki: 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
28 worshippers killed in Anambra stampedeon November 03, 2013 / in News 1:30 am / Comments

By Vincent Ujumadu, Awka, Okonkwo Eze, Enyim Enyim, Onitsha

NO fewer than 28 persons, who attended the weekly crusade at the Holy Ghost Adoration Ministry, Uke, in Idemili North local government area of Anambra State, lost their lives during a stampede at the end of the ceremony in the early hours of yesterday.

The crusade, organized by Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Obinma for prayers, healing and spiritual retreat, attracts thousands of people, but the one that was held yesterday on the Feast of All Saints turned tragic.

An estimated 100,000 worshippers reportedly attended the crusade because, besides coinciding with the Feast of All Saints, it was also the first Saturday of the month.

Apart from the dead 25 whose bodies were said to have been deposited at Immaculate Heart Hospital and Maternity, Nkpor and Charles Borromew Hospital, Onitsha, several others, who sustained various degrees of injuries, are receiving treatment in various hospitals in Onitsha.

*The Adoration Ground after the stampede.
Governor Peter Obi, who attended the crusade in company of 10 persons, including the National Chairman of All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, Chief Victor Umeh, the candidate of the party in the November 16 governorship election, Chief Willie Obiano, as well as two siblings of the governor, was said to have left the crusade ground around 3.30am, before the tragedy.

Meanwhile, an unconfirmed report blamed the stampede on the governor. The report quoted eye witnesses as saying the stampede occurred when Obi started campaigning for his gubernatorial candidate and there were shouts of disapproval, causing his security aides to fire tear gas into the crowd.
But Obi, who said, yesterday, that he was heart-broken by the event, said he went home after the crusade satisfied on the rewarding spiritual encounter, only to get the news later.

He consoled all those affected one way or the other and said those responsible would be punished if found or God will punish them if not found.
The governor said: “When the spiritual director gave me the opportunity to speak, I noticed something unusual as I saw people carrying the posters of politicians at the adoration ground.

“I have been going for the crusade there and, on this occasion, I stayed for six hours and left. Our vehicles were parked two kilometres away and this is a place people have been visiting for a long time without any incident.

“It was later that I heard what happened and we are working hard with security agencies to find out those behind the incident. A holy place should not be a place for playing politics.”

At the time the stampede occurred, many worshippers said they thought the governor and his entourage were still at the crusade, not knowing that he and his entourage had left the area two hours earlier.

An eye witness, Mr. Abuchi Ifebuzo, 31, told Sunday Vanguard at the premises of Crown Hospital, Nkpor where he and some of the injured persons were receiving treatment, that the crusade closed at about 5:08 am yesterday and, as the people were attempting to leave the ground, there was a stampede and people were falling on each other.

According to him, trouble started shortly after the event, when some people started shouting “fire’ fire, fire,” adding that, in the confusion that ensued, the worshippers started scampering for safety and, in the process, began to fall on each other.

Another eye witness at St Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha, Chinenye Etinanma, who said he came to visit her sister who was equally a victim, said she escaped because they were the first set that encountered some people carrying the placards of politicians at the adoration ground.

While some of the worshippers attributed what happened to sabotage, alleging that some people raised false alarm of fire, others believed it was an act of God as the people were already on their way out when the stampede happened.

At the two morgues at Immaculate Heart Hospital and Borromew Hospital where the bodies were deposited, many people were seen wailing and crying uncontrollably following the loss of their dear ones.

A woman, who refused to give her name, said her mother was among the dead, adding that her father died only two months ago.

There were however some of the victims who were thought to have died, but regained consciousness later and were either driven home, or admitted into the hospital for further treatment.

Following the development, Governor Obi cancelled all his engagements for yesterday. Some of the events he had planned for the day included a governorship campaign rally at Nsugbe, the home town of the governorship candidate of PDP, Chief Tony Nwoye, a live radio programme, flag- off of some road projects, inspection of on-going shopping mall at Onitsha and the on-going stadium at Awka.

The governor was among the first group of persons to visit the scene of the incident and the various hospitals in company of two police Deputy Inspectors General, DIGs, visiting the state, Mr. Philemon Leha and Kachi Udoji, and the Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Bala Nassarawa.

Sunday Vanguard could not speak with the Spiritual Director of the Adoration Centre, Obinma, as he was said to have gone to brief the Archbishop of Onitsha, Most Rev Valerian Okeke. Obinma was also said to have visited the wounded in hospital.

Coordinator of the centre, Bro Achebe Nnadi, who was busy entertaining questions from people, said the problem was caused by a group of people who started shouting ‘fire, fire’ when there was none.

Meantime, Obi has directed that the names of all the wounded persons be compiled, although he could not say immediately if the state government was going to pick their hospital bills.

The governor also visited the Archbishop of Onitsha over the matter, although what they discussed was not made public.

He also said that a panel of enquiry would be set up immediately to ascertain the immediate and remote causes of the incident.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/28-worshippers-killed-anambra-stampede/
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by freecocoa(f): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
onstelly:
Nne biko chris ngige is not from uke, he is from alor
He is from Idemili south and Uke is north, so what?

Them no be brothers?
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by bushwailo: 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
kingbang:

Mr Dumbo, get this into your thick skull.
1. Obi was invited by the priest to partake in the crusade.
2. He never made any campaign speech. Even Obiano didn't give any speech at all.
So because this is election period, does it mean Obi cannot go for a crusade? I personally would have blamed him if he had made campaign speech there but many eye witnesses have collaborated the man's story. Please tell APC to stop playing politics with people's lives.
My friend you are still talking rubbish.
Whether he was invited or not does not mean he did not try to politicize it.
How do you explain the presence of Obiano at the event.
Was he invited as well ?
Use you brains please and stop being stu.pid
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by obayaya(m): 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
freecocoa: Satan go sha punish this Peter Obi and his cohorts, like how wicked are these people?

I'm sure nobody invited him to anything, since when do governor's now attend night vigil just with the aim of praying, why did he mount the pulpit? Abi was he the guest speaker at the crusade?

Useless man, mscheew.

Ngige came to the same prayer ground a day before.. what exactly is your point?
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by MrAboki: 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
obayaya:

Her point is that Nobody died.. grin

ABeg free Freecocoa like Terry G.. grin
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by oboy3(m): 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2013
Modified
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by freecocoa(f): 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
obayaya:

Oh! The more reason why Obi should be prosecuted, why didn't people die when Ngige went there?

Bottomline is that people don't want Obi and the dullard he stands for, being pelted with sachet water at onitsha should have told him so, did his goons have to scare people simply because they stated their minds?
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Cuche: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
If I'm to advice Obi/APGA it would be to use that money they are spending to exonerating themselves to pay compensation to the families of the dead and the injured.

Buying up those media and pot-belly men-in-black to cover the complicity of APGA will not help anybody, the useless Panel of Inquiry will not do any good either.
What will the Panel do? Tell us there were no promises of erosion control at Ukeh, construction of the roads to the Adoration ground, donation of money by Obi, or may be tell us Obiano the stooge, Umeh the APGA chair were not there.
The deed.... is done? The only Panel that should be set up, if they're serious, is Panel for the Compensation of Victims Fullstop
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
freecocoa: Oh! The more reason why Obi should be prosecuted, why didn't people die when Ngige went there?

Bottomline is that people don't want Obi and the dullard he stands for, being pelted with sachet water at onitsha should have told him so, did his goons have to scare people simply because they stated their minds?

If I may ask;Prosecuted for what,exactly ? Did Obi kill anybody ? Please,let's do the honorable thing and don't politicize this tragedy.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by freecocoa(f): 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

If I may ask;Prosecuted for what,exactly ? Did Obi kill anybody ? Please,let's do the honorable thing and don't politicize this tragedy.
Yes he did something, he obstructed public peace and sent his goons to scare innocent citizens thereby leading to a stampede that killed people.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by size38: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
What investigation? What panel of inquiry when the causes of the stampede are there for all to see. Governor Obi said he was invited to the church. My question is, was Obi invited to campaign in the church or to worship and praise the Almighty GOD? The truth is that, both Obi and whoever he claimed to have invited him are the cause of the stamped. So any investigation that will exnorate them is bias
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by franktony: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
Wicked politians God will punish all of u. Fools!!! RIP members
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by kingbang: 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
bushwailo:
My friend you are still talking rubbish.
Whether he was invited or not does not mean he did not try to politicize it.
How do you explain the presence of Obiano at the event.
Was he invited as well ?
Use you brains please and stop being stu.pid
Its obvious you are unstable upstairs kid. Kindly show us where Obi made a campaign speech or where Obiano even spoke at all or STFU! All these senseless lies and propaganda of you APC touts will end on November 16. We await you at the poll!
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by texazzpete(m): 1:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
freecocoa: Oh! The more reason why Obi should be prosecuted, why didn't people die when Ngige went there?

I'm sorry, but this is NOT an intelligent post. People are dead...stop the deaths of innocents as an excuse to tackle a politician you don't like. That's awful.

Mr. Aboki has the only sensible contribution here. The venue was inherently unsafe and this must not be brushed under the carpet. Forget about Obi or Ngige et al. The Catholic church must take some blame for this, and I say this as a Catholic. Gathering such a huge number of people in a venue without proper exit points and crowd control is pure lunacy...this shows our safety culture needs to drastically improve.

1 Like

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
kingbang:

You comment sounds foolish kid. The priest has come out to tell the world that Peter Obi was duly invited for the crusade. The same priest even threatened to curse the APC touts for daring to bring politics into the holy ground. DId you hear Peter Obi make any campaign speech there or solicit for votes there? You people are just lost!!! The priest himself and Archbishop Okeke have both come out to tell the world that the stampede happened after Obi left and was caused by a calculated false alarm raised by some people(APC touts). So you guys have gotten to the level of playing politics with people's lives? Tufiakwa!! Anyway, all these rubbish will end on November 16.

Why are you ranting like a raving lunatic?

Was he or was he not invited to the rally last year? Did he attend?

1 Like

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by bushwailo: 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
kingbang:
Its obvious you are unstable upstairs kid. Kindly show us where Obi made a campaign speech or where Obiano even spoke at all or STFU! All these senseless lies and propaganda of you APC touts will end on November 16. We await you at the poll!
Meanwhile, an unconfirmed report blamed the stampede on the governor. The report quoted eye witnesses as saying the stampede occurred when Obi started campaigning for his gubernatorial candidate and there were shouts of disapproval, causing his security aides to fire tear gas into the crowd.
But Obi, who said, yesterday, that he was heart-broken by the event, said he went home after the crusade satisfied on the rewarding spiritual encounter, only to get the news later.
Empty noise maker !
You can't even read.
Obi spoke but we all know his puppet is incapable of speaking.
He even came to a debate with expo.
But i'm not surprised u like him because you're similar. You both don't have brains to think with.

1 Like

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by freecocoa(f): 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
texazzpete:

I'm sorry, but this is NOT an intelligent post. People are dead...stop the deaths of innocents as an excuse to tackle a politician you don't like. That's awful.

Mr. Aboki has the only sensible contribution here. The venue was inherently unsafe and this must not be brushed under the carpet. Forget about Obi or Ngige et al. The Catholic church must take some blame for this, and I say this as a Catholic. Gathering such a huge number of people in a venue without proper exit points and crowd control is pure lunacy...this shows our safety culture needs to drastically improve.
Ofcourse it won't be intelligent to you na, mind you I'm not in support of any politician here and I never said what Mr Aboki is on about doesn't make sense.

All I want is for people to see that Obi caused the stampede so he should face the music. FYI I have never voted in my life and I'm not planning to so I don't care about politics, I just hate that our so called leaders don't give a hoot about us cos if he Obi cared, he'd know that scaring the crowd would result to a stampede knowing fully well how such things end.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by kingbang: 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ujujoan:

Why are you ranting like a raving lunatic?

Was he or was he not invited to the rally last year? Did he attend?
Its obvious you have nothing sensible to post, so please take your frustrated self out of here kid!
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by onstelly(f): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
freecocoa: He is from Idemili south and Uke is north, so what?

Them no be brothers?
Why I even bother correcting you is cos u said home town and not local government cos had it been u said local government I wouldn't have. Just try n state ur fact well next time. Hometown is not the same thing as local government
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by kingbang: 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
bushwailo:

Empty noise maker !
You can't even read.
Obi spoke but we all know his puppet is incapable of speaking.
He even came to a debate with expo.
But i'm not surprised u like him because you're similar. You both don't have brains to think with.
Both the organizers of the crusade and Arcbishop Valeria Okeke have come out to tell the truth but fools like you won't accept it because of your political affiliation. Keep on playing silly politics with people's lives but the judgement day is on November 16.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by obayaya(m): 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
freecocoa: Yes he did something, he obstructed public peace and sent his goons to scare innocent citizens thereby leading to a stampede that killed people.

nne.. your noise is becoming too much.. take a chilled coke and relax.. Obi didn't cause the damn stampede.. have you read the archbishops press release on the stampede..

his grace, Valerian okeke is not someone that will lie. his press release is in line with eye witness reports and Peter Obis press release.

yours faithfully is writing from Nkpor, idemmili north lga in anambra state.

Peter Obi was already in awka before the stampede occured.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by freecocoa(f): 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
onstelly:
Why I even bother correcting you is cos u said home town and not local government cos had it been u said local government I wouldn't have. Just try n state ur fact well next time. Hometown is not the same thing as local government
I was merely saying people from Uke are also his brothers according to igbo traditions.

Don't come here feeling funky over nothing.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by onstelly(f): 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
freecocoa: I was merely saying people from Uke are also his brothers according to igbo traditions.

Don't come here feeling funky over nothing.
Ok oh
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by obayaya(m): 2:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ujujoan:

It's funny how for the past eight years Obi has been invited for this rally which holds every year . . . and not once has he attended.

And yet people expect us to believe that his attending this year has noting to do with politics? How gullible do they think we are undecided

He didn't just attend, he made a donation of 2 million naira to the priest who rejected the money and asked him to give it to the impoverished. The place is a holy ground, not a fund raising event or a campaign ground.

The crowd was outraged the Obi was using the huge turn out as an opportunity to sell his stooge of a gubernatorial candidate, which is why they kept shouting him down with screams of 'onwa' (Ngige's popular name).

The fact that the Governor is blame this on Nigige not only shows him as being petty, but also reveals his weakness. All his woes is caused by Ngige . . . this Ngige must be a God! undecided

my dear, can you please shut up... which rally has they been inviting him to?

FYI, Ebube muonso is a young priest and his holy ghost adoration is barely 2 years old.

please desist from giving wrong information

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Security Chiefs On Kaduna Killings / Nigeria Hires Malaysian Consultants For N458m For Economic Recovery, Growth Plan / APC Insists On Use Of Ebonyi Stadium For Its Rally Despite Government’s Objectio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.