Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra (14462 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Prophesies Mourning In The Camp Of APC / FG Declares 3-day Public Holidays To Mark Christmas, New Year / Dickson Weeps At Mortuary, Declares 3 Days Of Mourning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by jeffizy(m): 8:04am On Nov 04, 2013
Awka - Governor Peter Obi has declared three days of mourning in honour of the people killed in the stampede at the Holy Ghost Adoration Ground on November 2.

Obi in a broadcast to the people of the state commiserated with the bereaved families and the Catholic Church over the tragedy.

He said he was invited to the vigil, made a speech at about midnight and left at 3a.m, three hours before the stampede occurred.

“I appeal to the good people of the state to remain calm and prayerful as God who has been with us all this while, will help us to overcome the present sad development so that we can continue the task of turning around our state.”

“I have directed all security agencies to do everything possible to unearth the cause of this mayhem.”

“A panel of enquiry will soon be constituted to investigate what happened,” Obi said.

- NAN

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/Obi-declares-3-days-of-mourning-in-Anambra-20131104
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by JECBOSS: 9:32am On Nov 04, 2013
Let a thorough investigation be
carried out and the perpetrators
brought to book. May the souls of the departed rest in peace and may God give their families the fortitude to bear the losses. AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 04, 2013
Too sad. I pray the dead rest in peace.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by kinnex(m): 9:33am On Nov 04, 2013
May there souls rest in peace.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by PECO4KING(m): 9:33am On Nov 04, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by igbsam(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2013
...After him don cause commotion finish abi.....RIP to the dead.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Bunnatex(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2013
Wow, finally am first to comment. Fisrt my appreciation goes to Nepa for giving me light. Secondly to MTN for good service and Nokia for my phone. I also thank Nairaland also. Ehe back to the topic. I beleive its not Obis doing

2 Likes

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 04, 2013
rip
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 04, 2013
Political campaigns should be banned in churches..

3 Likes

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by MrAboki: 9:36am On Nov 04, 2013
R.I.P To the dead ones..

A Pastor just killed you guys for selfish gains..
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by writers4hire: 9:36am On Nov 04, 2013
hmmm
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by phtemie(m): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2013
R.I.P to the dead.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Lilimax(f): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2013
jeffizy: He said he was invited to the vigil, made a speech at about midnight and left at 3a.m, three hours before the stampede occurred.

It's hightime people seperated politics from church angry
Church things ought to be sacred and should be treated as such undecided/

RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Vickybanks: 9:37am On Nov 04, 2013
Bullshit
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by nerodenero: 9:37am On Nov 04, 2013
“A panel of enquiry will soon be constituted to investigate what happened,” Obi said
When the chips are down, not will be heard. RIP to the dead.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by whirlwind7(m): 9:38am On Nov 04, 2013
"A panel of enquiry will soon be constituted to investigate what happened"

That is the fix-all response our miserable politicians will always give. As if their wretched panels have ever made any difference in times past.
Meanwhile, scores of innocent souls are sent to the great beyond every single day, while the scoundrels in power continue to leech on the masses. Such a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by nerodenero: 9:40am On Nov 04, 2013
APGA just shot themselves in the foot ahead of the election.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Silva79(f): 9:42am On Nov 04, 2013
After u don kill 'em abi? May there souls hunt u. R.I.P
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by ifyalways(f): 9:44am On Nov 04, 2013
Declaring three or thirty days mourning is not enough.

Breadwinners are gone,loved ones too - Settle the families of the affected ones with cash. It won't wake the dead but would surely ease the suffering/pains of those they left behind.

Probe,comission of enquiry et all does NOT concern the masses or affected. We all know how it ends ; all English typed on papers that would be used to sell ube na oka.

8 Likes

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by otokx(m): 9:51am On Nov 04, 2013
They just died like that.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:53am On Nov 04, 2013
This tragic incident v been politicized.
Last Bullet:
I v declined to say my view on this matter.
This is due to the wooing I m receiving from APC & PDP.
The 2 parties want to romance me but I don't date dirty.
Moreover, my cunttt is too expensive to be shagged by dirty politicians.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by ednut1(m): 9:56am On Nov 04, 2013
But pple no suppose dey die for house of God na
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Gifted4all(m): 9:56am On Nov 04, 2013
God so dis is how man can be so wicked and cruel to man.obi is d cause of d stampede and now he is declaring 3 days of mourning as if dat will bring dem back to life.
***crying**
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by venorite(m): 9:57am On Nov 04, 2013
After killing those people, he's declaring 3days mourning. . .Them Don use those people do election
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Adeoba10(m): 9:57am On Nov 04, 2013
Bunnatex: Wow, finally am first to comment. Fisrt my appreciation goes to Nepa for giving me light. Secondly to MTN for good service and Nokia for my phone. I also thank Nairaland also. Ehe back to the topic. I beleive its not Obis doing

First 2 comment 4 ur village
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by mcdokwe(m): 10:00am On Nov 04, 2013
RIP to the dead
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by oguash: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2013
the useless Gov is quick to declare a 3 day mourning period and was quick to apportion blames on Ngige when he was the one that actually went there with his APGA people to campaign. God will judge all of you one after the other.

7 Likes

Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by kingarizona(m): 10:08am On Nov 04, 2013
Mr Aboki: R.I.P To the dead ones..

A Pastor just killed you guys for selfish gains..

what's this one talking sef? undecidedundecidedundecided

May the souls if the faithful departed, through the mercies of God Rest In Peace
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by Aromas: 10:16am On Nov 04, 2013
[b][/b]
ednut1: But pple no suppose dey die for house of God na
grin so na inside house of satan u wan may den die
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by ignis: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2013
All hands should be on desk to unearth the cause of this mayhem in order to avoid future occurence.
Re: Obi Declares 3-Days Of Mourning In Anambra by free2ryhme: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Clears National Assembly Seats In Rivers / APC Insists On Use Of Ebonyi Stadium For Its Rally Despite Government’s Objectio / Release Cameroonian Separatists Now -falana Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.