Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

I See Things Others Do Not See... - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I See Things Others Do Not See... (139939 Views)

I See Things Others Do Not See (2) / I See Things Others Do Not See / The Future I See For Myself...(a Shot Article) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 08, 2013
Mesopotamia:
better
Don't even bother quoting me again,I deal with enough pple like u on rel sectn I'm nt gonna start in d Lit sectn too.
Do ursef a favour nd enrol with Oga Seun for dat "sensitivity training" inugo?

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by lipsyliscious: 6:43am On Dec 08, 2013
Abeg u pple should stop derailin d thread na, wen I c more pages, I'm always thinking Roy has updated, only 2 find out dose pages are filled with beefs n pple engaging in unnecessary argument.

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Swagztv(m): 6:47am On Dec 08, 2013
Mr. Royver,i will continue dat ur story 4u 2day, if u dnt do anytin abt it soonest. Mayb my own wil b " i dnt c wat odas c" hw abt dat? Abeg try bro
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 6:54am On Dec 08, 2013
My humblest apologies oh! Be like say as soon as I declared I would update on Saturday some unseen forces began to ensure that that would not happen. embarassed I actually wrote my update yesterday night but for some strange reason my laptop come dey hang. Oya make I use phone now, retype...Airtel come dey misbehave and finally before I knew what was happening I had fallen asleep and woken up this morning shocked
Abeg make una no vex pls, I apologise for my slow-snail pace. Honestly it is due to circumstances beyond my control. I promise to make you guys my priority this morning ! kiss

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by 15Sirdeen(m): 7:29am On Dec 08, 2013
Tanx xo much dear, I luv ur manners...even if takes u 2yrs 2 post...bro i will be right here waiting for you! More ink 2 ur pen bro
Royver: My humblest apologies oh! Be like say I soon as I declared I would update on Saturday some unseen forces began to ensure that that would not happen. embarassed I actually wrote my update yesterday night but for some strange reason my laptop come dey hang. Oya make I use phone now, retype...Airtel come dey misbehave and finally before I knew what was happening I had fallen asleep and woken up this morning shocked
Abeg make una no vex pls, I apologise for my slow-snail pace. Honestly it is due to circumstances beyond my control. I promise to make you guys my priority this morning ! kiss

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Mynd44: 7:32am On Dec 08, 2013
Why can't we all just be civil?
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Les: 7:37am On Dec 08, 2013
^^why not tell seun to create civility section?
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Mynd44: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2013
Les: ^^why not tell seun to create civility section?
Drop it. I really dont make comments on story threads cos presence of mods most time aggravate people. Break Rule 1 again.........

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by realitychick: 7:42am On Dec 08, 2013
Royver: My humblest apologies oh! Be like say I soon as I declared I would update on Saturday some unseen forces began to ensure that that would not happen. embarassed I actually wrote my update yesterday night but for some strange reason my laptop come dey hang. Oya make I use phone now, retype...Airtel come dey misbehave and finally before I knew what was happening I had fallen asleep and woken up this morning shocked
Dear Rover not even airtel or your lappy can gang against you and this captivating story grin grin.As for me am waiting patiently,infact my name s nw patient cos of this story,i come on nairaland recently,,,straight literature,next na rover i dey find,,,infact this has taken a good part of me.Sweet rover,dear rover,,,thank you so much.

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 7:49am On Dec 08, 2013
“Let her go!” I shouted. Although I kept my distance, every cell in my body protested in an effort to lunge forward at Mr A***’s throat. I watched in horror as he manipulated the chains that bound Nina’s wings and once again they caught fire. Nina screamed again and her eyelids shut tight as her face contorted in pain.

“There are angels everywhere, Chuks. Sometimes they cross the veil too. They are the kind and gentle people you see on the road, at your office, in the market. True, we may not be many, but we are there and we do what we can to alleviate the suffering of others, even as we too gain experience and learn lessons that make us grow in wisdom. The veil may take away our memories of the spirit realm, but it does not take away the need to impart goodness that is always in our hearts. And no, I am not dead.”

“But, he tore out your wings...how…I don’t understand.” I said.

“You don’t need to understand everything.” She said. “Sometimes you just have to have faith. These powers I exhibited today were not meant to be used here. Even as I speak I can feel it leaving me. I am meant to live a normal life here, like any other human being, without extraordinary powers, without a sword, without Sight. It was this fight that released my spirit form. I will return now to how I was before and will have little or no remembrance of what I just did. It will be like I am awakening from a dream. I don’t want you to remind me of what happened just now, it won’t help and I won’t believe you anyway. Thank you Chuks.

She slowly stopped glowing and soon Nina, good old normal Nina, was once again standing before me, looking as real and as beautiful as ever. I hugged her, though tentatively at first but then she laughed and drew me closer to her.

“You did it! You defeated him!” she cried.

I looked into her eyes, and truly there was no remnant of the entity that was there only a moment ago. I decided to take her advice.

“Yes, I did.” I said, smiling.

Holding her hand I looked back at Mr. A*** who was now sitting, still trembling, on the floor.

“Let’s get out of here.” I said smiling and we made for the door.

As I opened it I saw a large flock of those bat-creatures. They had been hanging around on the scanty hedge and on the rooftops. As soon as we stepped out they rose into the air, circled the house once and then they all flew inside through the open door. I heard Mr. A**** scream from inside, “No. NO!!! Don’t you recognize me? I am YOUR master!!! NOOO!!!” and then there was a scuffle as if he was struggling with them. A moment later he rushed out, laughing maniacally. He removed what was left of his French suit and started dancing. Then he stood up triumphantly and let out a long loud howl of laughter.

Nina gasped in alarm. “Do something chuks!”

“I can’t” I said, looking on in horror. “Can’t you see it?”

Nina shook her head, No. she had completely gone back to being human. If she still had her vision, she would have seen Mr. A****, laughing triumphantly in his madness, surrounded by a belfry of his bat-like creatures, almost too many to count, and chanting in a strange tongue.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 08, 2013
1st to read this update cheesy cheesy cheesy good work bro your simply great!
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Emperortj93(m): 7:52am On Dec 08, 2013
Mtcheeeeeeeeeewww (na to dey carry people emotion play naim una sabi) unfollow thread mode activated till u update at least twice today.... Una (royver e-soldier) fit call me anytin wey una like 4 talkin ma mind, bt d fact remain say i don talk ma mind and i no care if dis story continue again cus i don discover more interestn and consisted writters story outside nairaland wey dem dey update regurlarly and still attend 2 oda important issue offline, and some wonderful blog and web were dey always keep me company ........ Btw, im not tryin to hate or blame anyone but jus usin dis medium 2 reach out 2 all nairaland's writter who think dey have 'arrived' and so, can take people's emotion and feelin 4 granted
LAST BULLET
: shoutout 2 umari ayim 4 ur wonderful stories and dedication. May the good God continue to guide, protect and reward all ur hard work....... AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by drollster(m): 8:06am On Dec 08, 2013
Good work, Rover. Don't worry yourself. Quality trumps quantity anyday.

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by DEllaluv(f): 8:28am On Dec 08, 2013
Tnx a lot 4 d update roy,it ws rili worth d wait
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Queenxstar(f): 8:43am On Dec 08, 2013
Woah!
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by ministerblessed: 8:44am On Dec 08, 2013
Thanks for d update dear,but pls dnt keep us waiting dis long again ok! Av a beautiful week still expecting anoda update be4 d day runs out.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by zibrgt: 8:49am On Dec 08, 2013
u forgot to add that for some weeks now this same umari have been apologising for inconsistency. Mtcheeew as if u are the only one reading from other blogs.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by 15Sirdeen(m): 9:02am On Dec 08, 2013
Oga Royver tanx xo much...nyc update
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by bufness(m): 9:22am On Dec 08, 2013
hmmmm ur last update reminds me of dat movie series SUPERNATURAL

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Meklex(m): 9:38am On Dec 08, 2013
Royver, nice one, I saw stars when my dad slapped me this morning, I was so happy because nobody else saw it.

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by kennypoka2(m): 9:38am On Dec 08, 2013
this is a gr8 ending to a gr8 script.. well written and scripted.. could b converted into a real movie.. bravo man
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 08, 2013
Royver!woah!!!!
Had my heart in my mouth throughout this episode!!!
Well done!
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by poshpimkiey(f): 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
Words fail me...wow. I swear i saw Nina's beautiful blue light via ur apt description, twas truly sensational. Thank u Royver, I now have smtn to daydrm about.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Diznie(f): 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
Dnt even kw wat to say,you are naturally talented...makin me a little jealox.....anyways...magnificent work
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by drsolob(m): 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
bufness: hmmmm ur last update reminds me of dat movie series SUPERNATURAL
You just hit the nail on the head this is really NIGERIA SUPERNATURAL in the making.

Last bullet....
But the story is not over sha.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
Took me 2 hours, but I finally read up to date. WOW! Will I be able to stand the agony of waiting for an update? You make me feel like trying my hand at writing. Fantastic Work.

By the way, is Ishilove just a moderator here, or she's a publisher/editor in real life?
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by emsheddy(m): 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
my guy, more grease to ur elbow. You too much
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by SOLMICHAEL(m): 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
Good work bro.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by adegwurulez(m): 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
waoh!!!! royver, i doff my hat
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by base83: 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
This last update is WONDERFUL....truly worth the wait....... LOVELY work Roy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply)

In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe / Beneath My Heart