Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,891 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

I See Things Others Do Not See... - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I See Things Others Do Not See... (139931 Views)

I See Things Others Do Not See (2) / I See Things Others Do Not See / The Future I See For Myself...(a Shot Article) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
One more chapter and I'm done.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
Loading....100%. Thanks so much for your patience smiley
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by speckless: 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
royver, you are the best!
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 5:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
Epilogue.

Mr A**** never recovered from his madness.
Nina was allowed to resume her duties at the firm following some pleading and kind recommendations.

Nina's parents informed Mr A****'s close relatives of his predicament and after some hesitation and argument they came one day and carried him from the psychiatric hospital where we had admitted him for his own safety.

On that day I had followed Nina to the hospital to meet Mr A****'s son and relatives. Obi appeared to be a changed person after his father became insane. He was kinder, more courteous, and even I had to admit that he was indeed a nice person to be around. Previously spiteful, he now exuded a friendly aura that made it difficult to hate him. At the hospital he called Nina aside for some private discussion. She went with him and they spent a long time together. Well, for me it was long, in reality it was about 30minutes. When they came back they were both smiling at each other and Nina stopped for a moment from pushing his wheelchair and held his hands and as I saw the look they exchanged my heart sank. She said something to him then walked over to where I was sitting.

'Hi.' She said.

'We came here together remember?" I replied, forcing a grin.

"Yeah I know." She said, and sat down beside me.

We were silent for a while in the waiting area and watched as obi and his people moved around, settling the bill and signing all the required documents. The silence grew longer and more awkward. Finally she said:
"Chuks, there is something I want to tell you..."

"Okay." I said and closed my eyes.

"Obi has called off the engagement."

I kept my eyes closed and slowly digested what she had said. Obi had called off the engagement? I remained silent and she continued.

"He told me that he had stopped loving me a long time ago. It was his father that continued to put pressure on him to involve me in a blood pact. He said he was coming over to tell me our engagement was off the day he had the accident. He knows his father is to blame for his predicament but says he has forgiven him. He asked that we end our relationahip but that we coukd remain friends if i wanted and said he was sorry for all that he and his father had put me through. He dosent knoe anytging about the kidnapping of course and i dont think i want to burden him further with it. I guess he just wants to move on with his life.

"How do you feel about that?" I asked.
She sighed and looked up. "Honestly? Relieved. I always felt I was the reason for him being on a wheelchair. I couldn't imagine leaving him after indirectly crippling him for the rest of his life. But now that he has absolved me of all responsibility and even says he has been seeing someone else by the side, I guess I don't feel guilty anymore."

When I remained silent and didn't respond Nina got up suddenly. I didn't need any special powers to know she was upset. "Well, I just thought you should know, not that I expected any big reaction from you or anything, abeg let me go and see if I can help them with anything..."

She made to go away when I grabbed her by the hand and pulled her to me. She sat down on my thighs with a surprised gasp and I kissed her on the lips. This time, she didn't hesitate and kissed me back. And we didn't care if anybody was around or if they would walk in on us. When finally I released her, she had a wicked smile on her face.

"Easy there sir. Remember you are still my boss. This is sexual harrasement."

"Then file a complaint," I replied and kissed her again.

Bullet proof. Nothing to lose. Fire away, fire away

The song played loudly in the large BRT bus as I made my way down to jibowu. I had planned on entering the bus that came to the bus stop before this one but something made me wait. When i saw it pulling into thr bis stop, i knew i was destined to entrr this bus today.Even as I entered it, I saw strange spirits hovering over and around it, dark spirits that had no misgivings about taking human life. I might have avoided the bus altogether if not for the old man that had appeared within their midst, pleading for me to come inside. As soon as I was in, I could feel her eyes on me, the bearer of the deadly orb. I ignored here for the meantime and took a seat in the middle row of the bus as it started to move again.

I waited patiently, listening to the old man's story of how his little granddaughter had disturbed their sacred ground at home, finding the orb in its secret place and taking it to school with her. It had already taken 9lives that day and had made the little girl witness every grisly death. When she tried to throw it away it had caused the soldier it hit to fire accidentally at a passerby, killing him instantly. The soldier himself had been lynched by an angry mob before help could arrive. And the orb had rolled peacefully back to her feet. And now the little girl was afraid, carrying such a heavy burden and trying to rum away from home, far away where she wouldn't cause any more harm. I asked the old man what he wanted me to do, and he told me the incantation to use when I held the orb in my hand. The incantation would destroy the power of the orb, then I could dispose of it by throwing the remains into the sea.

"Pls help me, help my granddaughter Chunks the stronger." He said.

I sighed. Nina would be expecting me home in an hour. I hoped this wouldn't take much of my time. I got up and turned slowly, looking for her. And then I saw her, sitting alone at the very back seat, a frightened but pretty, slim bodied and fair girl of about 10years old wearing a blue t-shirt, black skirt, worn socks and shoes with a light blue beret covering her cropped hair. My heart went out to her immediately. Nobody else was sitting beside her and I saw the reason why. Beside her was a small round object and it was emitting a nasty aura, so nasty that its effect was being felt in the physical, causing a very unfriendly atmosphere around her. I walked down to her and sat down beside her, ignoring the alarmed look on her face.

"Give it to me" I said.
Tears streamed down her face as she looked at my outstretched hand. She seemed to hesitate and so I said
"Don't worry, I know what to do with it. Don't say anything, just give it to me."

She finally gave me the orb and I smiled and wrapped it in a white handkerchief, muttering the incantation under my breath. I felt it glow and then crumble. Then I stretched my hand out the window of the bus and threw the contents of the handkerchief into the lagoon.

She asked for my name, awestruck, and I told her. I returned back to my seat, noticing that the dark spirits had disappeared with the orb and the unnaturally tense atmosphere in the bus had lifted, with hitherto quiet passengers suddenly finding themselves laughing, enjoying the music and making smalltalk. As I sat down the old man appeared before me again, he didn't need to say anything for me to know he was grateful.

"You're welcome" I whispered and he smiled and disappeared finally.
I listened to some more music from channel O as the bus headed down to its destination. I looked around at the passengers, chattering away, arguing about the latest football match, laughing, browsing on the internet. Most of them would go through this life not knowing, not believing that there was something else beyond what they saw in the physical. Some of them however, a very priveleged few, would know, feel, see things that others would never experience. Whether they would be the better off for it, the wiser,and used what they experienced for the good of themselves and others around them or wether they would follow thr path of evil and end up with the the repercussions just as Mr A**** had, was something that even I would probably never know the answer to.

My name is Chuks B. And someday, maybe I'll be seeing you.

THE END.

A Royveruniverse production.

110 Likes 1 Share

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
embarassedawwwwww!finally!!
Good job.*standing ovation*

PS:thanks for finishing the story smiley

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Wealthyone: 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
Wow!!!! I'm d first to read dis epilogue, kudos to u royver.....now I see where the hidden chapter comes in. @nairalanders, I'm not a writer but I know it aint easy to pen a great story. Pls, let's appreciate anyone who writes a *brain making* story for us to read for free. If they don't update often, we've gat to be patient cos dey hav other things to do than staying glued to der fone to type. I do read from a blog and d update is just once a week..what option do I hav? I'm not paying to read the mind-blowing stories. He who doesn't appreciate smtin good neva do smtin worthy.
Royver, I know u gonna be greater dan Soyinka someday n I pray may God guide u from any Mr A...... Lurking around waiting to break or steal ur Wings. Ameen.

4 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by swanky47(f): 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
wow,,,,,dis is so interestin,,,,,kip it up,,,u're a fantastic writer
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by nkybeauty(f): 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
I've been silently following this story from the begining, and i must say, its beyond wonderful. your talent is totally amazing. i pray this talent of yours open doors of greatness 4 you, and cause u 2 be celebrated beyond your expectation.

2 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2013
Epilogue.

Mr A**** never recovered from his madness.
Nina was allowed to resume her duties at the firm following some pleading and kind recommendations.

Nina's parents informed Mr A****'s close relatives of his predicament and after some hesitation and argument they came one day and carried him from the psychiatric hospital where we had admitted him for his own safety.

On that day I had followed Nina to the hospital to meet Mr A****'s son and relatives. Obi appeared to be a changed person after his father became insane. He was kinder, more courteous, and even I had to admit that he was indeed a nice person to be around. Previously spiteful, he now exuded a friendly aura that made it difficult to hate him. At the hospital he called Nina aside for some private discussion. She went with him and they spent a long time together. Well, for me it was long, in reality it was about 30minutes. When they came back they were both smiling at each other and Nina stopped for a moment from pushing his wheelchair and held his hands and as I saw the look they exchanged my heart sank. She said something to him then walked over to where I was sitting.

'Hi.' She said.

'We came here together remember?" I replied, forcing a grin.

"Yeah I know." She said, and sat down beside me.

We were silent for a while in the waiting area and watched as obi and his people moved around, settling the bill and signing all the required documents. The silence grew longer and more awkward. Finally she said:
"Chuks, there is something I want to tell you..."

"Okay." I said and closed my eyes.

"Obi has called off the engagement."

I kept my eyes closed and slowly digested what she had said. Obi had called off the engagement? I remained silent and she continued.

"He told me that he had stopped loving me a long time ago. It was his father that continued to put pressure on him to involve me in a blood pact. He said he was coming over to tell me our engagement was off the day he had the accident. He knows his father is to blame for his predicament but says he has forgiven him. He asked that we end our relationahip but that we coukd remain friends if i wanted and said he was sorry for all that he and his father had put me through. He dosent knoe anytging about the kidnapping of course and i dont think i want to burden him further with it. I guess he just wants to move on with his life.

"How do you feel about that?" I asked.
She sighed and looked up. "Honestly? Relieved. I always felt I was the reason for him being on a wheelchair. I couldn't imagine leaving him after indirectly crippling him for the rest of his life. But now that he has absolved me of all responsibility and even says he has been seeing someone else by the side, I guess I don't feel guilty anymore."

When I remained silent and didn't respond Nina got up suddenly. I didn't need any special powers to know she was upset. "Well, I just thought you should know, not that I expected any big reaction from you or anything, abeg let me go and see if I can help them with anything..."

She made to go away when I grabbed her by the hand and pulled her to me. She sat down on my thighs with a surprised gasp and I kissed her on the lips. This time, she didn't hesitate and kissed me back. And we didn't care if anybody was around or if they would walk in on us. When finally I released her, she had a wicked smile on her face.

"Easy there sir. Remember you are still my boss. This is sexual harrasement."

"Then file a complaint," I replied and kissed her again.

Bullet proof. Nothing to lose. Fire away, fire away

The song played loudly in the large BRT bus as I made my way down to jibowu. I had planned on entering the bus that came to the bus stop before this one but something made me wait. When i saw it pulling into thr bis stop, i knew i was destined to entrr this bus today.Even as I entered it, I saw strange spirits hovering over and around it, dark spirits that had no misgivings about taking human life. I might have avoided the bus altogether if not for the old man that had appeared within their midst, pleading for me to come inside. As soon as I was in, I could feel her eyes on me, the bearer of the deadly orb. I ignored here for the meantime and took a seat in the middle row of the bus as it started to move again.

I waited patiently, listening to the old man's story of how his little granddaughter had disturbed their sacred ground at home, finding the orb in its secret place and taking it to school with her. It had already taken 9lives that day and had made the little girl witness every grisly death. When she tried to throw it away it had caused the soldier it hit to fire accidentally at a passerby, killing him instantly. The soldier himself had been lynched by an angry mob before help could arrive. And the orb had rolled peacefully back to her feet. And now the little girl was afraid, carrying such a heavy burden and trying to rum away from home, far away where she wouldn't cause any more harm. I asked the old man what he wanted me to do, and he told me the incantation to use when I held the orb in my hand. The incantation would destroy the power of the orb, then I could dispose of it by throwing the remains into the sea.

"Pls help me, help my granddaughter Chunks the stronger." He said.

I sighed. Nina would be expecting me home in an hour. I hoped this wouldn't take much of my time. I got up and turned slowly, looking for her. And then I saw her, sitting alone at the very back seat, a frightened but pretty, slim bodied and fair girl of about 10years old wearing a blue t-shirt, black skirt, worn socks and shoes with a light blue beret covering her cropped hair. My heart went out to her immediately. Nobody else was sitting beside her and I saw the reason why. Beside her was a small round object and it was emitting a nasty aura, so nasty that its effect was being felt in the physical, causing a very unfriendly atmosphere around her. I walked down to her and sat down beside her, ignoring the alarmed look on her face.

"Give it to me" I said.
Tears streamed down her face as she looked at my outstretched hand. She seemed to hesitate and so I said
"Don't worry, I know what to do with it. Don't say anything, just give it to me."

She finally gave me the orb and I smiled and wrapped it in a white handkerchief, muttering the incantation under my breath. I felt it glow and then crumble. Then I stretched my hand out the window of the bus and threw the contents of the handkerchief into the lagoon.

She asked for my name, awestruck, and I told her. I returned back to my seat, noticing that the dark spirits had disappeared with the orb and the unnaturally tense atmosphere in the bus had lifted, with hitherto quiet passengers suddenly finding themselves laughing, enjoying the music and making smalltalk. As I sat down the old man appeared before me again, he didn't need to say anything for me to know he was grateful.

"You're welcome" I whispered and he smiled and disappeared finally.
I listened to some more music from channel O as the bus headed down to its destination. I looked around at the passengers, chattering away, arguing about the latest football match, laughing, browsing on the internet. Most of them would go through this life not knowing, not believing that there was something else beyond what they saw in the physical. Some of them however, a very priveleged few, would know, feel, see things that others would never experience. Whether they would be the better off for it, the wiser,and used what they experienced for the good of themselves and others around them or wether they would follow thr path of evil and end up with the the repercussions just as Mr A**** had, was something that even I would probably never know the answer to.

My name is Chuks B. And someday, maybe I'll be seeing you.

THE END.

A Royveruniverse production.

6 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by billtommy(m): 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
You're the bomb brova
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by ministerblessed: 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
Awesome,amazing,beautiful,brilliant,captivating..... Welldone dear.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by babyzai(f): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
Truly amazing. E ku ise opolo!!
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Cestmoi1(f): 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
#grinning.....Beautiful piece and ending.You did well,not just well but excellently well.3gbosas and a standing ovation for you.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Ishilove: 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
Drop it. I really dont make comments on story threads cos presence of mods most time aggravate people. Break Rule 1 again.........
grin
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by ESIXLOVE: 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
***** stands up and dropped the cutlass that he brought becuse of anger.**** My oga u too much.. Me i be big time learner. ** salutes, pick up his cutlass and goes out **

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Ishilove: 7:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
Emperortj93: Mtcheeeeeeeeeewww (na to dey carry people emotion play naim una sabi) unfollow thread mode activated till u update at least twice today.... Una (royver e-soldier) fit call me anytin wey una like 4 talkin ma mind, bt d fact remain say i don talk ma mind and i no care if dis story continue again cus i don discover more interestn and consisted writters story outside nairaland wey dem dey update regurlarly and still attend 2 oda important issue offline, and some wonderful blog and web were dey always keep me company ........ Btw, im not tryin to hate or blame anyone but jus usin dis medium 2 reach out 2 all nairaland's writter who think dey have 'arrived' and so, can take people's emotion and feelin 4 granted
LAST BULLET
: shoutout 2 umari ayim 4 ur wonderful stories and dedication. May the good God continue to guide, protect and reward all ur hard work....... AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Abeg carry your bad belle comot from this thread

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Ormorlehwah(f): 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
C'est moi:
#grinning.....Beautiful piece and ending.You did well,not just well but excellently well.3gbosas and a standing ovation for you.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Ishilove: 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
Wow. Quite a ride cheesy
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by hebenz(m): 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
I doff my hat 4 u o. Kip it up roy

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by shegzi(m): 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
At last congratulations
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by g4grace(f): 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
How abt a round of applause... Standing ovation... For.you put up quite a show really had me going, now its time to go curtain finally closing, that was quite a show very entErtaining... But its ova nw go on and take a. bow.
Royver... U are 1 of a kind

2 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Diekola17(f): 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
Woah! I can't believe this has ended. Bravo sir!

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by adegwurulez(m): 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
waoh!!! royver, you too gbasky
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Sugarbabekemi(f): 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
Wow! Royver! Ure wonderful, keep up d good work.

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Aghans(m): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
Royver: My humblest apologies oh! Be like say as soon as I declared I would update on Saturday some unseen forces began to ensure that that would not happen. embarassed I actually wrote my update yesterday night but for some strange reason my laptop come dey hang. Oya make I use phone now, retype...Airtel come dey misbehave and finally before I knew what was happening I had fallen asleep and woken up this morning shocked
Abeg make una no vex pls, I apologise for my slow-snail pace. Honestly it is due to circumstances beyond my control. I promise to make you guys my priority this morning ! kiss
. Pls my dear u need 2 b prayerful because evil powers wil nt b hapi because u ar expose their secret
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by princesa(f): 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
Oga royver no want another mobbing, so him kukuma end the Tory sharp sharp...

Kai no more popcorn and coke for me grin

weldone, tis a nice story well told, hopefully another block buster from you soon?

Kudossmiley
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by princesa(f): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
Ishilove:
grin
bros being provoke grin
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by shogz89: 9:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
MAN YOU'RE TOO GOOD,,,.. You should consider making it a movie if you have the opportunity to
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by aveiro(m): 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
wooh rovyer..awesome.thumbup
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by losprince(m): 11:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
please people, don't just read the epilogue... give like to a post which like is due.

personally i wish you well.

2 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by sheblayze(f): 11:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
God bless you for this piece Roy...Lots of Positive things to learn from this story.

#Peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply)

In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe / Beneath My Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.