Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land (18446 Views)

Help My Uncle Buy A Land / My agent sold my land without my knowledge what can i do? / My Uncle Both A House In Ogun State With Only Land Receipt Included,he Did Agree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by wooks: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
I am in the USA, the first son of my father and born abroad. My father died intestate last year. He owned land and properties in Nigeria but he left the papers in Nigeria. For the purpose of this post I presume they have fallen into the hands of his brothers in Nigeria.

My dad's younger brother sold some of the my dads land without informing me and has used the money to set up a business. I would like to recover my fathers land but am not financially capable of travelling to Nigeria so I have given a cousin who is a law student power of attorney to attend to matters on my behalf.

I do not have a single document relating to the land. My claim to the property relies on my ability to prove that I am the first son and that there was no will. My thought is to try and evicting the buyer from the land on grounds that he did not buy from the lawful owner and let him sort out his issues with the person he gave money to.

I would appreciate some advice as I don't know what I am getting into.

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by lirusehn(m): 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2013
Cum Naija mey ur Uncle sell u join d land

15 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by ifyclose2(m): 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
lirusehn: Cum Naija mey ur Uncle sell u join d land
very stu.pid reply....if u cannot give any meaningful advice to d op, it's best u kindly shut up.

54 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by lirusehn(m): 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
ifyclose2: very stu.pid reply....if u cannot give any meaningful advice to d op, it's best u kindly shut up.
lol. Lemme read urs den b4 thunda strikes u

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by ifyclose2(m): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by lirusehn(m): 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
ifyclose2: very stu.pid reply....if u cannot give any meaningful advice to d op, it's best u kindly sh.ut up.
u repeated dis ish. Avent seen ur adviz o

7 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Mannastoress: 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
some stupid people are still on nairaland o - if u are looking for someone to reply - y not reply ur stupid father who born u
lirusehn: Cum Naija mey ur Uncle sell u join d land

4 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by lirusehn(m): 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mannastoress: some stupid people are still on nairaland o - if u are looking for someone to reply - y not reply ur stupid father who born u
u mean my Dad is silly? As in my Dad gan gan. My real Dad?? U mean my Father?? Cant bliv dis... Wot has dis got to do wiv my Dad? Do u even ave one? Does he mean anyfin 2 u? Is dis how u play-joke ur Dad?. Geezz. Plz grow up

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by josite: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
for now don't bother yourself .bother yourself with becoming financially strong for now and whenever you are strong,then begin to ask the right questions demanding the right answer.anyway the man too has same blood,exactly the same blood with your late dad so let it occur to you that his interests in your date predates your interest and therefore should be wisely accommodated. Adopt a common sense approach conceding some properties to this greedy uncle while asking the rest be given to you.be wise ,make the man no send u follow ur dad.lol

7 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by i1: 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
@ op:
Can u confirm the places where the lands are? Also can U prove he owns the lands?
If u can, contact me on 08093779782. Also where are your siblings?
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by damola1: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
josite: for now don't bother yourself .bother yourself with becoming financially strong for now and whenever you are strong,then begin to ask the right questions demanding the right answer.anyway the man too has same blood,exactly the same blood with your late dad so let it occur to you that his interests in your date predates your interest and therefore should be wisely accommodated. Adopt a common sense approach conceding some properties to this greedy uncle while asking the rest be given to you.be wise ,make the man no send u follow ur dad.lol

Best Advise so far. Eniyan o bere iku ti o baba eni, ti owo eni o ba to iku da...that's to say... You've to become a man first....

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by alons: 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
go and ask google

1 Like

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by moscobabs(m): 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bro...pls just 4get about the land it happened to me some years ago but people here are wicked.face your own like,work and pray so u can make it in life.I'm sure the land can not worth #100m.That was your dad achievement ...bro work for your own.leave the stu.pid/greedy uncle alone,evil man do today will surely follow them.I promise you, non of his children will reach you in life

15 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
This can only happen in a particular region of Nigeria!
May God deliver us from them.

One of them told us that they pushed him and his family out of the village and sold all their properties since his father was dead.

U can imagine, what people do for the love of money.

All people concerned with making money frm me dubiously bfre this year runs out, die by fire!!!!!!!! Amen!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Arosa(m): 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
OP, come my shrine, do you want your uncle dead or make him run mad? it's all in your hands. angry

na joke I dey o, Pray about it and God will see you through.

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:13pm On Nov 05, 2013
What you ll do is very simple.
Option 1.
Use a do as I say command juju: With this, you can walk up to him & ask for the whole money received from the sale of the land or tell him to buy back the land for you. You can get a command eye liner or ring.
Option 2:
Do you want to punish him? If yes what type?
Do you want him dead, crippled, deaf, blind, mad. Do you want to take his legs, hands, ear or spoil his beauty? Or you just want him to be beaten to a pulp by Area Boys.
Option 3:
Do you want to follow the law & report him to the police for normal Nigerian prosecution?
Option 4:
Do you wanna be a good man & hand him over to God?
If you want any of these, visit. A-Z Shrine, 1/3 Arochukwu road, Akwa, Anambra State.
Last Bullet:
It's up to you.

6 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by fckyourman: 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bros you Better Come back to Nigeria and settle the problems, are you a asylum seeker in USA if not why are you not financially capable of coming back to Nigeria. 200k is enough for flight ticket return. Or are you homeless in the USA, or are you a illegal immigrant

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Tempsokes(m): 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
Onyeoma beta remain for yankee ooh..... If not...... Reason am!

1 Like

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Ghadafy(m): 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
You were born in the USA, you're the first son and you don't have money to travel to Nigeria, really? How old are you and what are you doing for a living? Some people are only here for three years, worked as security/CNA, and still have money to travel home.

Anyway, I will encourage you to stay back in the USA and work hard to acquire your own properties. Don't even try to come and fight for the land that's not yours in Nigeria. You don't even know maybe your father was killed by your uncle and if you don't careful, he may eliminate you too.

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Woke4all(m): 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
grin[b]Bro pls forget about it before dem use juju kill you[/b]

1 Like

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
If u know wetin better for u forget that Land or if u show nija nytyme u near Aeroplane na so u go dey Run Mad.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Mexyz(m): 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hmmmm...my broda, mind d way u go abt ds issue o. I no pray mke i find myself dragn land with anybdy o. Land palava is a delicate nd dangerous game to play. Be careful bro!!!

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by FredAuto(m): 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
Contact the username LAWYER on property section

1 Like

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by pembisco(m): 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sry to derail . ASSU has jst called off d strike.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Reachyrich(f): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
Is better u let d land b.people are dangerous.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Dhurmynick(m): 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
.wahala wa oh
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by dridowu: 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
If you really need the property back be preapare for the evil forces from your peole back home and above all move closer to God ASAP and hire a very good lawyer.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Chomzy19(f): 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
First i'll advice u to hire a lawyer nt a law student n give d person power of attorney. In most customs, a man's sons are d intestate successors of his landed properties so far u can prove dt this is d custom of ur pple in court then it doesnt matter if u hv d deeds or not, d court will order him to reconvey d house to u, but as u know in Nigeria court matters usually take forever n u re nt even in d country now so i'll advice dt if u hv other brothers or uncles who support u, they shld take d matter to ur village chiefs n Elders to Mediate over d matter, if ur chief is powerful n has d authority he can compel ur Uncle to give back to u wat is rightfully urs.
If u still want to follow d court process u can wait till u re back in the country, d statute of limitation does nt begin to run till after 12yrs

Finally Land matters are matters wch in d long run d fight turns into a very ugly spiritual warfare, i'll advice u if u can to Forgo that particular land ur uncle hs Sold n direct ur siblings n mum or anybody who can help u to find d deeds to ur fathers other properties, secure it n send it to u in d states, Dont loose ur life over a piece of property. I wish u luck

6 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Pacesetter2: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
People can be dangerous. Yes i agree but your uncle never knew the result could be more dangerous. Once your lawyer gives you assurance, pray VERY well and face the uncle.

I dont respect or pity people like your people.

Go to court. Iam sure God will back you up
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
#me@:
This can only happen in a particular region of Nigeria!
May God deliver us from them.

One of them told us that they pushed him and his family out of the village and sold all their properties since his father was dead.

U can imagine, what people do for the love of money.

All people concerned with making money frm me dubiously bfre this year runs out, die by fire!!!!!!!! Amen!!!!

Its every tribe not just a specific tribe, am Yoruba and when my father died his relative came and claimed(forcefully) took most of our properties, so that "particular region" you are thinking of is not just to a tribe but a Nigerian thing. as for OP well my advise you can move on or fight it; we fought and got quite a few back and moved on.

5 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Biggoozz: 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
@ Moderator, I suppose your eyes are are still on this thread since it just made FP, why not shut down those childish posts attacking the OP, if you meant to assist him get some advice?

@OP, where is your Mum? Is she also abroad? Who then had the will from your Dad (assuming she got it). If your Mum is not in the position to assist then you will need the support of some other elderly people that at the absence of a will would proove that the land in questuion belonged to your dad and that you are the rightful inheritor (This is some serious politics, expect that your Uncle already probably had connived with over 70% of these withnesses, Im well acquianted with land cases, we just won one against over 60 families that connived against us)

Again, I am wondering how your Dad had those properties and you cant afford "some money to travel" Why so?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Construction Of Duplex And Attached Flats At Osapa London Ajah / Fire Guts Building In Warri, Man Suffers Life-threatening Burns (Graphic photos) / A Dangerous Trend I've Observed In Filling Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.