Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,735 members, 7,827,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land (18475 Views)

Help My Uncle Buy A Land / My agent sold my land without my knowledge what can i do? / My Uncle Both A House In Ogun State With Only Land Receipt Included,he Did Agree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by RockMaxi: 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
This is a serious issue here, you don't have the papers and you can't even confront your uncle physically. I think your best bet is to let matters be until you can put your assumptions into fact but remember things really look dangerous the way am seeing it.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by everyday: 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
That is one mistake parents make before they die.They should have written a will or handed over important documents like these to responsible people

1 Like

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Ezemust: 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
#me@:
This can only happen in a particular region of Nigeria!
May God deliver us from them.

One of them told us that they pushed him and his family out of the village and sold all their properties since his father was dead.

U can imagine, what people do for the love of money.

All people concerned with making money frm me dubiously bfre this year runs out, die by fire!!!!!!!! Amen!!!!
which section are u talking about?i pray 4 u
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by kehindetayo(m): 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
Report him to God!
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by mediachirps(m): 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
hold on to the one you've got, I deem it feet to tell you "issues of lands and every other landed properties has sent soo many peoples to early grave." in which am a witness of one.

bro, you're out of the state, definitely don't know what could be going on in the mind of this your 'wicked' uncle; let the dead bury themselves.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by lirusehn(m): 7:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
mediachirps: hold on to the one you've got, I deem it feet to tell you "issues of lands and every other landed issues has sent soo many people S to early grave." in am a witness of one.

bro, you're out of the state, definitely don't know what could be going on in the mind of this your 'wicked' uncle; let the dead bury themselves.
hmn. Wont u park well?

1 Like

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
Op, but why did u leave nija in d first place....if u can't afford a ticket back home?if only u had stayed back in nija, you won't be facing these problems...but possibly u had issues with yur dad... But word of advice, just face yur life in the US.... Coming back will be suicidal, both spiritually and otherwise....
Uv already lost hold of your dad's properties, the day u left the country.... Home is wat u make out of it...

Sorry, op...
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by andyanders: 7:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
wooks: I am in the USA, the first son of my father and born abroad. My father died intestate last year. He owned land and properties in Nigeria but he left the papers in Nigeria. For the purpose of this post I presume they have fallen into the hands of his brothers in Nigeria.

My dad's younger brother sold some of the my dads land without informing me and has used the money to set up a business. I would like to recover my fathers land but am not financially capable of travelling to Nigeria so I have given a cousin who is a law student power of attorney to attend to matters on my behalf.

I do not have a single document relating to the land. My claim to the property relies on my ability to prove that I am the first son and that there was no will. My thought is to try and evicting the buyer from the land on grounds that he did not buy from the lawful owner and let him sort out his issues with the person he gave money to.

I would appreciate some advice as I don't know what I am getting into.

If I were you, forget pursuing this issue with your uncle as this could destroy your future if your uncle turns diabolical on you and your siblings. When you make your money, you can buy land anywhere and do whatever you want to do.
My father had lots of property before he died and my uncles all went after them and we let them be since we never came to this world with anything. I worked very had and became successful and right now, I can dust my chest to let your know that I have landed properties and stays in my own building. All my brothers equally got their own buildings and very independent. It was because of the same landed property, they killed my father and my elder brother.
My brother, I will advise you to work very hard as your future is brighter than that of your uncles. But if you think you cannot live without the property, well go ahead and deal with the person involved but I do not see any future over this, than your life on stake.

I was in the US when my Dad died. Please think about your life.

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Pangea: 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by godello: 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
Chai nairaland people una too dey yankee na who come dey naija na. Una go dey una cubicle of a house for creek the claim yankee. grin grin
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by rhames(m): 7:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
wooks: I am in the USA, the first son of my father and born abroad. My father died intestate last year. He owned land and properties in Nigeria but he left the papers in Nigeria. For the purpose of this post I presume they have fallen into the hands of his brothers in Nigeria.

My dad's younger brother sold some of the my dads land without informing me and has used the money to set up a business. I would like to recover my fathers land but am not financially capable of travelling to Nigeria so I have given a cousin who is a law student power of attorney to attend to matters on my behalf.

I do not have a single document relating to the land. My claim to the property relies on my ability to prove that I am the first son and that there was no will. My thought is to try and evicting the buyer from the land on grounds that he did not buy from the lawful owner and let him sort out his issues with the person he gave money to.

My best advice to you is to work hard and build your own wealth with your own hands. No set of people have ever inherited other peoples property and made head way with it in life. I often compare inheritance as a great shadow cast over ones future. It is left for your toi determine your direction in life. Let them have it. They may resort to metaphysical and spiritual means to either incapacitatae you or take your life because of block and sand. May God open you doors and even make them greater than you ever expected. Ameen.

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Mamacita007(f): 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
everyday: That is one mistake parents make before they die.They should have written a will or handed over important documents like these to responsible people

To me, its not a mistake becos if your parents wanna live it for u they know what to do. this is 2013 for crying out loud!!! any wise person will show their kids all their properties or write a will. we have a lot of landed properties of which i know some but God forbid anything happens, i wont fight for anything. no time

@ op, call your uncles to ask how many properties you father left behind & see if they will be honest. if i were you i will record the conversation in case you wanna go to court. if there's nothing that u can prove, pls move on with your life. the evil back home is just too much especially where land is involved

Those of you talking nonsense becos he cant afford a flight ticket, dont forget we all have our bad days. he might be broke right now doesnt mean he cant afford the ticket next month. ticket to naija is only $1400 thats nothing for someone born in US that can commit 2 or 3 months to work hard for the money. bad belle people!!! mshewwwww

1 Like

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
free2ryhme:

D only sensible option is 3 and 4

The Rest aRe complete rubbish
All the options are sensible.
Man has been given a variety of option. It's the Op's choice to choose the one that he feels ll avenge what his Uncle did to him.
Option 1 & 2 are also useful. It's a carnal world bro.

1 Like

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by SlyIg(f): 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
Leave am for God my brother!

1 Like

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by SELFWORTH: 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
Leave it to God and let Him fight for you.

No one has ever fought and won a battle against God.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
My friend. My first question is how old are you.
I think you were just told a cock and bull story, then tricked into giving your cousin a power of attorney.
It is with this power of Attorny that your fathers property will be sold by them, and they will legally say it was on your directive.

As long as your father has an appropriate C of O, certificate of occupancy, or title deed to the land, your priority is to find them. If you have no copy, send a lawyer to land registry of the state to get the details from records. Based on this, your lawyer should send a formal letter with these details to any purported buyer, telling them that such a Property belongs to you, as inherited from your father with proof. The buyers will chase your uncle for their money.

You do not need to get involved with your uncle. Your issue is with the person that trespassed into your property. Do not even talk to the uncle, destroy the power of Attorny given. Tell them to send it back to you for amendment. If your cousin wanted to help you, they do not need a power of Attorny. You can comfortably deal with this without coming to Nigeria. Once you have informed the buyer of his trespass through your lawyer, keep your peace till you are financially strong to push them out.

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bottom line, is if your father had C of O,
Then your uncle may know very little of this story.
I think it is your cousin that is making elaborate plans to sell your fathers property with the Power of Attorny he got from you.
Be careful.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by deeptesting(m): 8:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
@OP i will advice you forgo whatever your fathers brother has sold to move on with his life, get your attorney to take stock of what is left and get a court injunction to stop further encroachment on what is left. By the way where is your mother? Are you from a polygamous home? I personally learnt how to choose my battle wisely,some i fight directly without holding back, some i forgo to fight tomorrow. Get hold of what is left and get a title document over them,your life at this moment does not depend on your fathers properties and you simply lack the financial,political,jujutical and all tical requirements to fight this fight. I wish you all the best,don`t burn your fingers but if you have the guts then get a flight ticket and be on the next flight to Naija,then you will get more advice.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
moscobabs: Bro...pls just 4get about the land it happened to me some years ago but people here are wicked.face your own like,work and pray so u can make it in life.I'm sure the land can not worth #100m.That was your dad achievement ...bro work for your own.leave the stu.pid/greedy uncle alone,evil man do today will surely follow them.I promise you, non of his children will reach you in life

BEST ADVICE SO FAR
LET IT GO CONCENTRATE ON EMPOWERING URSELF
I GUARANTEE U THAT UNCLE WONT GO ANYWHERE WITH THE MONEY
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by marcjoe(m): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: What you ll do is very simple.
Option 1.
Use a do as I say command juju: With this, you can walk up to him & ask for the whole money received from the sale of the land or tell him to buy back the land for you. You can get a command eye liner or ring.
Option 2:
Do you want to punish him? If yes what type?
Do you want him dead, crippled, deaf, blind, mad. Do you want to take his legs, hands, ear or spoil his beauty? Or you just want him to be beaten to a pulp by Area Boys.
Option 3:
Do you want to follow the law & report him to the police for normal Nigerian prosecution?
Option 4:
Do you wanna be a good man & hand him over to God?
If you want any of these, visit. A-Z Shrine, 1/3 Arochukwu road, Akwa, Anambra State.
Last Bullet:
It's up to you.

mumu advice....
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Benharyor(m): 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
May ur uncle Neva wait to chop the fruit of his garden I advice be

Say make u forget am make im no kill u join cos I passive say na im kill ur papa
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by stagger: 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof.

A father and son connived with village elders to take away my father's land. Today that man, his son and most of the elders who concocted the arrangement are all dead. Father and son died the same month. Today, that land is uninhabited while my dad's house stands tall.

Just reach me and I will tell you the kind of prayer to hammer for 7 days only. Then go home and watch what happens to that uncle of yours and his business.

THERE IS NO DISTANCE IN THE REALM OF THE SPIRIT.

A man who fires a cruise missile from an underwater submarine to a target thousands of miles away only needs to key in the coordinates and press the enter button on his weapons system. Then he sips some tea and goes to sleep and waits for CNN, Sky News, Al-Jazeera and BBC to report the outcome of his work. SHIKENA!

1 Like

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by calcal: 9:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
let the property go! you don't need it, go get job and live beta life in the Yankee, then say thank you to the uncle for taking care of the property.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Cypost: 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2013

Maybe ya uncle knew u won't need the land. If u r born there probably ya mom and siblings r there too. Not serious root in niaja.
Some pple in Lagos Niaja don't bother particularly is the property is in d villa talk less of pple abroad.
Anyway ur uncle suppose no sell the land sha o without ya permission. As e dey now u can challenge d buyer for trespass and assert ownership by inheritance thru proxy and proceed to court if necessary
Goodluck
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Wizpa(m): 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
calcal: let the property go! you don't need it, go get job and live beta life in the Yankee, then say thank you to the uncle for taking care of the property.

1 Like

Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by aariwa(m): 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
OP my advice as a lawyer is that first of all you should get your father's death certificate and go to the land registry to get the certified true copies of the the original land documents and also apply for the letters of administration[if it is an urban land]with these documents you can confront the illegal occupant of the land because i presume he parades forged title deed because your uncle does not have power to transfer ownership.if the land is in the east you can contact me through nairalandPM for advice on these procedures and legal opinion.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
OP.

You need to be careful; if you are killed, the land will be useless to you; this is africa, and even though diabolical powers exist, the court of law will take it that you died of natural cause and the case ends there. Do not fight your uncle for the properties he has already sold, try to recover the remaining ones; but if they cant be recovered, then let it be. You are in USA and u have a very bright future.

My father was once involved in a messy land case in anambra about a year ago; but after escaping a very narrow assassination attempt on his life which almost sent him to the great beyond, nobody told him to forget about the land and his money, he ran for his dearest life. Therefore, OP, a word is enough for the wise, we only live once.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by UyiIredia(m): 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
I sympathize with yhe OP becasue I've been in his position. In the first place I agree with people karmawill surely catch up with him. Ill gotten wealth does fizzle easy. My uncle who sold my Dad's land is penniless and in a poorer position than my Dad. That said, it isn't a lost cause as some people suggest, your land is not just ypur Dad's but a legacy for you. It so happens I had to defend my Dad's property again, this stakes higher since this one was a family house. My tips are

* find relatives sympathetic to your cause who'll help secure unsold lands
* you'll really still need someone to monitor your cousin and preferably come back to attend to matters yourself.
* getting back sold lands is hard ish unless you've got connections for which you'll have to rely on friends or family
* don't killyourself over it, you've lived without it. Work hard so you'll get your own or at least have a good life. I doubt juju and sh*t unlike others here but I know people can kill for lands so if you think things turn messy walk away.

Best of luck smiley
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
Uyi, bro, long time. Which time you go send me your contact? I could send you a request on fb right now but thought it would be inappropriate. wink grin
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
The justice system can not help in the recovery cos you are not next of kin to your Dad. You have lost the land.
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by FavouriteSharon(f): 12:13am On Nov 06, 2013
kissGuy plzz concentrate n mk ur own money buh lev evrytin 4 God
Re: Uncle Sold My Dead Father's Land by Ovems(f): 12:21am On Nov 06, 2013
lirusehn: Cum Naija mey ur Uncle sell u join d land
Lirusehn is not totally wrong. In nigeria, u don't fight over land issue or any property, esp wen families or friends ar involved. Just let go of the land, I believe u'l get back 10times the worth of that land. Call ur uncle, let him knw u are aware of wat he did, don't fight him and allow God handle the rest, cos if u fight, u might lose more than u tink u'v lost. Life is more important, my dear. Be foolish, for God to be wise... Just my 1cent

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Construction Of Duplex And Attached Flats At Osapa London Ajah / Arson - My House Deliberately Set On Fire (pics) / Rate Of Rent In Ikorodu For All Kinds Of Apartment Available & All A Year Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.