Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Uke Stampede (survivors Account) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uke Stampede (survivors Account) (29312 Views)

Indicting Photos!! Picture Of Peter Obi Apga Campaigning At Uke Night Vigil / Obi In Uke Community This Morning To Confirm The Disaster Caused By APC / Apc Ngige Killed Dozens Of People In Ebube Muo Nso Adoration Ground Uke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by victord1st: 9:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
anytexy: I am not from Anambra and I am not for or against any candidate, but all I know is that there was a political tone in that incident. You remember such happened in GTC Enugu Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka crusade during the Chimaroke Nnamani adminstn. If u know the story very well. Opposition party MAY hv done that just to instigate people against the incumbet just to score cheap political point.

some parties can do the unthinkable to win this election,we cant forget the rumor surrounding FUNSHO WILLIAMS' death.
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by olu77(m): 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nonsense! We'll continue to fight ourselves without paying attention to the real issues, come 2015 they'll instal another corrupt sadist to loot our resources. It won't make any difference whether he is from your village or not, simply because these guys don't give a damn how we feel. The same issues affect us all (the rest of us): electricity, unemployment, ASUU's consistent strike, high cost of living etc. How does any of these affect the guys up there? We just waste our precious time and energy abusing each other here while they plot against us.

1 Like

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by joanpinkie(f): 10:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam:

Shut up your putrid mouth.....!!!!

The crowd from all accounts was too heavy for the adoration space.....the antics and presence of Obi to campaign just worsened an already terrible situation....it was a tragedy waiting to happen...and Obi ignited it.
You r a fool
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by guiddoti: 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
TechWalker007: I laugh when I see these Yorobah boys campaigning and defending Ngige and APC on the pages of Nairaland.
I thought they have been calling the SE gully ravaged village and they have asked Igbos to return to their village.

Yorobah folks should ensure they cast their votes for Ngige oh. You can cast your vote in Nairaland, the only problem is that it will not count in Anambra state.
This is one of many reasons eastern can't rule Nigeria. Politic is a game of interest but if you feel that with your tribalistic altitude you can rule nigeria is a super story which may never come. Is ngige a baby that hausa will be deceived? Apc or not, we rest in the heart of people that believe what it can offer. We should change this altitude for God's sake
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by kasiem(m): 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Judek2: Peter Obi is a bad name to every anambra students name, I remember when he came to address us in his State university, we almost blew his th stones, if not for his broad cheated thugs.. Everybody started chanting and singing for Ngige, and he shamelessly left.

When Ngige was our Governor, we paid just 26,000 as school fee, now, we pay 139,000. almost x 5 the previous amount.
He even had the boldness to say "education is not for the poor"..
This man is not a leader, he is a businessman and always got his eyes on money..

Obiano did not know that Obi is a stumbling block to his campaign.
fool, which school is paying 139,000? see an agbero forming student

3 Likes

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Babaek: 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam:

You are a muttonhead....don't you know there is a primary and remote causes of an event.

His presence had a direct bearing to the eventual stampede.
:
fool try and make use of ur brain, u'll understand things better than way
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by gurnam: 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
joanpinkie:
You r a fool

And you madam...you a shameless harlot!
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Tosin7(f): 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
very hilarious. just decided to share for the fun of it. e jor

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by gurnam: 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
Babaek: fool try and make use of ur brain, u'll understand things better than way

You are a numbskull....

You have a brain....use it for goodness sake!

Obviously ....excessive intake of over fermented Akpu is damaging your brain cells...
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Ngokafor(f): 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
Apc should desist from causing confusion in Anambra state and allow the dead rest in peace..always politicising everything..
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by uchrikk(m): 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
May the souls of the departed rest in peace.
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by specco(m): 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
[quote author=slimghost]A survivor, Comrade Aloysius Attah, Chairman of the Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO) in Anambra State, who was at the vigil with his wife, recounted the stampede.
He said: “I was there and my heart is bleeding with all these stories making the rounds about the ugly incident. At a time everybody should be mourning, you can see they are politicising it. Why would it be so? I was there and if I wasn’t there, it would have been a different thing. I would have been deceived by all the stories I am reading and or hearing from some political quarters.
“What actually happened was that the Spiritual Director of the centre, Rev Fr Emmanuel Obimma, asked for the final prayer.
We raised our hands and prayed and at the end of the prayer, everybody started going home.
“I was with my wife. As we were going, we suddenly saw people rushing back and, judging the crowd that was unprecedented in the arena, I sensed that there would be a stampede and because we didn’t know what actually caused the rush back, I positioned myself to escape the possible ripple effect and rushed away from the traffic. I went the adjacent way.
“But, immediately in a spontaneous move, my wife was already under the surging crowd, but I mustered my last strength to shield her and I dragged her to my corner to save her from being trampled upon. It would have been a different story by now. At the end of the stampede, many were revived and those who were at the scene where it started revealed that somebody shouted, fire! fire! because of a spark from the frying pan of a woman at the road side frying plantain. People started rushing back, thinking it was a fire.
Attah said people should be concerned about the families of those who died and stop overheating the polity because of selfish concerns. He said the situation worsened because of the number of motorbikes on the road at the same time as some fell over motorbikes.
Another survivor, Ikwunne Nriezeadi, said he volunteered to assist in the revival of victims and to ferry others to the hospitals for medical attention. He said he heard people saying that it was politically- motivated.
“Whatever they are saying, I don’t want to take up issues with politicians who are mentioning peoples’ names.
“It was on the way back home that people started rushing back and started trampling on others. I personally heard people shouting ‘go back!’, ‘go back!’ and that caused panic and tension. So, we started assisting them to the hospitals and at the hospital they carried the dead into the mortuary.“
Another witness, Kenechukwu (surname withheld) insisted that the woman frying plantain was the secondary cause of the incident. He wondered why people should be shouting fire when such a huge crowd was surging.
Print Friendly

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/

HOW MUCH WERE YOU PAID FOR THIS? ......Job done!
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by snika: 11:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
ajasa4link:
Oga u mix a lot of lies, fallacies and half-truth together in this ur write up.
1. yorubas didnt declare war against the igbos,a military man of hausa extraction did
2. Yorubas didn't seize ur properties, the federal government which was headed by an Hausa man did.
3. It was never on record that yorubas wield matchete and daggers going on rampage killing igbos,but hausas have done that over and over again.
4.Yorubas didnt drag igbos to war when they were not fully prepared, an igbo son did...
5.igbos always claim to be hardworking and extremely rich and own almost everything ,but the richest man in Nigeria ,in fact Africa is an Hausa man...in fact mention a rich igbo man and I will mention hausas and yorubas who are richer
6.yorubas always try as much as possible to stretch the olive branch to igbos as much as possible as shown in the appointment of joe igbokwe in the lagos state government.

My question now is,what is igbos' problem with the yorubas?...why do igbos always see yorubas as the enemy?.....why do igbos always insult yorubas and call them tribalist?...perhaps not all igbos are like that brcause i have friends in real life who are straightforward and not tribalist

As for the case of anambrans not wanting anything to do with APC,i think its quite simple,let them vote against APC and vote in their desired candidate come nov 16

Blind mugu, read the post carefully and quote where I mentioned Yoruba.

Are Ngige, Buhari and APC Yoruba names? Go back to your prescription

1 Like

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 05, 2013
What's in it for a Yoruba-APC member who doesn't reside in Anambra state, if Ngige wins the election?

Is a victory for APC in Anambra=a victory for the Yorubas?

I'm curious.
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by ajasa4link: 2:26am On Nov 05, 2013
snika:

Blind mugu, read the post carefully and quote where I mentioned Yoruba.

Are Ngige, Buhari and APC Yoruba names? Go back to your prescription
Of course u didn't mention Yoruba outrightly,but the average man who can read and write can sense the innuendo in ur post and knows what u are driving at....I won't join issues with u and engage in name-calling, am way above that...
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by whatofyou: 2:34am On Nov 05, 2013
Which side of the river am I to let off my net in now? Which tale will now be reliable? Anambra will surely rise. Okay, what about the Rev. Father's account? I am sure he will not lie, he is God's servant! Umunne m, ji esiri n'ite epuo ume!
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by kabba7(m): 5:05am On Nov 05, 2013
whatofyou: Which side of the river am I to let off my net in now? Which tale will now be reliable? Anambra will surely rise. Okay, what about the Rev. Father's account? I am sure he will not lie, he is God's servant! Umunne m, ji esiri n'ite epuo ume!

This is curious why should a rev.invite a state governor to. Vigil and he too came along with a puppet. And why was the speech is that place for campaign ? Igbo's am suspecting you people you and rituals when are you going to stop you people uhare wicked priest or not ibo is ibo .
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by emmabest2000(m): 6:25am On Nov 05, 2013
slimghost: I hope this puts a stop to all the lies going around. Let us respect the dead and not try to score cheap political points with such a tragedy! It's disgusting!
Just wait for another eyewitness before you conclude tongue
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Christianbente: 8:23am On Nov 05, 2013
A new trend seems to be unfolding in Lagos State as robbers now kill security operatives for the sole purpose of snatching their guns which are later used in carrying out robberies.

The revelation came to the fore as the Lagos State Police Command arrested an eight-man robbery gang.

According to Police authorities, the suspects, Ife Olubaba, Saheed Wasiu, Segun Idowu, Wasiu Rafiu, Odelade Kabiru, Waliu Sonni, Taiwo Obafunsho and Taiye Agege; killed policemen and snatched their rifles.

PUNCH Metro learnt that after the robbery, operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad commenced investigations after which the suspects were arrested in different parts of Lagos and Ogun states.

Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, told journalists that one of the suspects, Olubaba, was a close associate of robbery kingpin, Abiodun Ogunjobi aka Godogodo.

Manko said, “On October 9, 2013, a group of armed robbers shot policemen attached to Iju Police Station and snatched two rifles. On November 3, 2013, around 3am, as a follow up on the incident, SARS men launched a man hunt and eight of the robbers were arrested in Lagos and Ogun states.

“Two AK-47 rifles with two AK-47 magazines fully loaded, one automatic pump action gun, four locally made pistols and 135 live cartridges were recovered around Egbeda area of Lagos along with their operational vehicle, one Hyundai Tucson with registration number MUS350GB.

“During the exchange of gunfire between the robbers and SARS operatives, Taiye Agege, who is the second in command to the gang, was fatally wounded.”

The leader of the gang, Olubaba, told our correspondent that it was Agege that advised him to kill the policemen. He said they snatched the guns because the policemen’s guns were superior to theirs.

He said, “It is Taiye (Agege) that is the leader of the gang, I am only the deputy. We were on our way to a robbery operation in Iju when Taiye said we should kill the policemen and collect their guns. He said the policemen’s guns were superior to ours. He then ordered the driver to reverse the vehicle to where the policemen were stationed.

“He gave me a pump action rifle and he held his own pistol and alighted from the vehicle and we opened fire on the policemen. We killed the policemen for their guns. We quickly snatched their guns and drove off.

Obafunsho, who is a female suspect, said she never participated in any robbery but Olubaba usually gave her money.

She said, “I have never followed them for any robbery operation, I sell frozen foodstuff in Mushin and I have three children. Olubaba usually gives me money once in a while but it wasn’t until I was arrested that I knew they were robbers.”
source: The Punch smiley shocked
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by ngoziama: 8:29am On Nov 05, 2013
[@ifenadi

If you can't read don't bother. I may have written jargon but I am sure that some educated and enlightened people would read and understand what I have written.please rest your case if you cannot read nor write properly.
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by osmond2009(m): 8:31am On Nov 05, 2013
Ndi Anambra and ndi igbo in general, let us stop playing politics with this tragedy , be in a mourning mood and respect the spirits of the dead. I urge Gov. Obi and Senator Ngige to do the needful .

RIP
The Dead
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by ugoezeik(m): 8:32am On Nov 05, 2013
snika: [b]First, they said Peter Obi was pelted with water at Ose Market, I asked folks who went. They said the stories were lies.

Secondly, akara woman caused stampede 3 hours after Peter Obi has left the venue (I confirmed from three different women who were present at the prayer). And the wicked APC-dominated press said it's Peter Obi (Ngige and Ifeanyi Uba came and spoke at the venue earlier that same night).

Why is Ngige, Fashola, Tinubu, Buhari and APC in general showing this kind of wickedness to Igbos? Is it because we are naturally more succesful than most?

50 years after they killed us in genocide, siezed our properties all over the country and left us empty handed, we still bounced back and zoomed past them in Individual development.

Even as they don't want to build anything in our land with our oil money, we still managed to build the ones we can by our own. That is why Igbo boys come to your land, makes money off your lazy laps, and zooms back home to build what they can with the little they have.

-Fashola 'deports' mad people to Upper Iweka
-Tinubu insults GEJ everyday
-Buhari supports Boko haram and tells us GEJ is the cause
-Ngige insults Igbo tradition by rallying on Ofala festival day
-Ngige insults Governor Peter Obi everyday on his Facebook page in the name of campaigning

-Ngige rigs our election in 2003 and boldly wasted our time for 3 years before the mandate was returned to Peter Obi. In a normal country where people do not reason with their anus, Ngige should be in jail for election rigging and fraud. Why is this short monster still showing his face in every election held in Anambra State? Please I need answers.

Long live Igbo[/b]
bro l almost weep for ur writeup, you have said it all my Broda. Hw l wish our Igbo brethren can see d handwriting on d wall and kick dis ngige of a man off anything call anambra because he is really a virus in our system in d state. I case my rest, sorry l rest my case

1 Like

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Orikinla(m): 8:56am On Nov 05, 2013
Clearly the devil at work.
The evil and wicked person who shouted the "fire" caused the people to panic and Nigerians are easily panic-stricken, because of the general insecurity and uncertainty of lives in the country.

Nigerians should learn not to panic whenever they hear an alarm and be calm before thinking of how best to react.

It is a unfortunate that this tragedy happened when the dead and the bereaved would have been looking forward to celebrating a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Beware of EMBER MONTHS.
May God help us all during emergencies.

1 Like

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by billyG(m): 11:16am On Nov 05, 2013
I wonder why such a large crown can gather that they want 2 do nite vigil,cant they pray at there house or they heard politicians are coming 2 share money.
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Starchitect: 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
Mr Aboki:

SO the fact that Gov. Obi had left over 3 hours before the stampede happened does not matter. Just because he attended the crusade, makes him culpable..

Nna men!!

Odikwa very Egwu!!

In my opinion,if there was prior knowledge that the Governor was coming there(if he didn't come unannounced) and if he spoke with a political undertone(if he discussed politics at the event),then he is culpable because that means people came there to see him and the time he left the venue is irrelevant!
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Judek2(m): 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
kasiem: fool, which school is paying 139,000? see an agbero forming student

Go back to the Zoo where you belong.. If you don't know anything, you keep mute.

My school ANSU which the myopic governor renamed after Ojukwu, we and our parents scratch our butt on the sand to ache out the school fee

The Governor dare not enter the school gate without hiding in the middle of thugs..

He has uselessed our school, the only state university in his state cannot boast of anything called development.

The new site has been under construction for over 5 years, its recently at the end of his tenure that he is rising some projects..

What a shame of a governor.
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by pokur: 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
Judek2:

Go back to the Zoo where you belong.. If you don't know anything, you keep mute.

My school ANSU which the myopic governor renamed after Ojukwu, we and our parents scratch our butt on the sand to ache out the school fee

The Governor dare not enter the school gate without hiding in the middle of thugs..

He has uselessed our school, the only state university in his state cannot boast of anything called development.

The new site has been under construction for over 5 years, its recently at the end of his tenure that he is rising some projects..

If indeed u are a student of COOU,then I shake my head for the school.
How did u pass JAMB?.I mean,read up what u wrote.What is "uselessed"?.A new word we should know about?.
Again,it is "eke out",not "ache out".
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Judek2(m): 11:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
pokur:
If indeed u are a student of COOU,then I shake my head for the school.
How did u pass JAMB?.I mean,read up what u wrote.What is "uselessed"?.A new word we should know about?.
Again,it is "eke out",not "ache out".

Thank you nairaland professor..

I know your father must be very proud of you now..

Only jobless people who have nothing reasonable to write have your time..

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by emmanuelmichael(m): 9:51am On Nov 06, 2013
Why do people always fear, if truly they know the God they are serving.
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by kasiem(m): 10:44am On Nov 06, 2013
Judek2:

aturu, i thought u claimed ansu is paying 139,000? why are u diverting attention now? see this agbero o.

1 Like

Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Trailblazer1(m): 12:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
R i p to the dead. cry
Re: Uke Stampede (survivors Account) by Judek2(m): 6:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
kasiem: aturu, i thought u claimed ansu is paying 139,000? why are u diverting attention now? see this agbero o.

Because of your senselessness, you couldn't make out a reasonable post.

Like I said, if you know nothing, you shut up.. Go and make enquiries before you continue spewing gibberish.
The exact amount is 139,300.. His fidelity bank which is the only bank in the school still have to take 300 as bank commission.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pdp Senatorial Candidate Hospitalised After Defeat / Ekiti Lawmakers Protest At US, UK Embassies(photos) / At Last, Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.