Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Family Visit To Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Family Visit To Uk (1740 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Family Visit To Accra, Ghana / Introduction Letter To UK Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Family Visit To Uk by mojisolani: 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
Pls I need urgent attention to my issue. I want to know if I stand. A chance to be given visa to see my immadaite brother is inviting me for three week and I had send all this document listed bellow
Bank statemt will 8,783 pounds
Council tax bill of 2013 to 2014
Copy of his data page
Copy of his son date page
Copy of his daughter date page
Letter of invitation
His payslips
Letter of stating that I will take care of my staying
And am including as follows
Letter from my office
Payslips for the last 6months
Office I'd
Leave letter
Bank statement for the last six month
My personally account money pay in by other family member
But the problem is in my salary acoount I only have about 200k and the other is 50k,what is my chances of getting visa
Re: Family Visit To Uk by akuji: 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
Your brother has done his part ...but to get a family visit visa is not a piece of cake. It is now left to you to show that you have substantial assets and ties (your own family, dependents, etc) in Nigeria and a good job to return to once your holiday is over. Unfortunately having a letter from your employer and 200k in the bank may not cut it as you can easily quit that job once you touch down (uk mentality). You are welcome to try sha but you have to show how your family life will be greatly affected if you are not given the visa. You have to show proofs that you are indeed visiting your brother and maybe you two have very close relationship. (Unfortunately you have to show the close ties when going under a family visitor). Also another advantage is that the immigration officer cannot just reject your application under this category, they will have to refer it to their decision maker whereas if you apply under the ordinary visitor visa, the decision can be made by the immigration officer...
Goodluck
Re: Family Visit To Uk by mojisolani: 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
Thank you so much for your advice,you are indeed God send. Pls let me ask you this qestions again.
Can I wait till ending when my salary will be paid?to make it 300k and aside the salary I also receive money from other member with another account basically 15-18k per month with total of 50k and aside the salary money comes in and go out. Pls advice me
Re: Family Visit To Uk by Lexusgs430: 4:52am On Nov 08, 2013
Your brother has not sent you details of his accommodation (mortgage deed or rent book), so the embassy can ascertain suitability of his present accommodation, including you.
As explained by Akuji - Your age + ties to Nigeria, would determine your chances
Your brother been your host and main sponsor, might not go down well with the embassy
Your present Bacs payment of N200,000 (£800), how would you justify spending your months wage on a 3 weeks holiday? Considering all other financial commitments you would have ?
No point just lodging cash into your account, bacs payment is key
Re: Family Visit To Uk by Lexusgs430: 4:52am On Nov 08, 2013
Re: Family Visit To Uk by akuji: 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
mojisolani: Thank you so much for your advice,you are indeed God send. Pls let me ask you this qestions again.
Can I wait till ending when my salary will be paid?to make it 300k and aside the salary I also receive money from other member with another account basically 15-18k per month with total of 50k and aside the salary money comes in and go out. Pls advice me

My dear, Lexus is right. No point in lodging various pays into ur account. Whatever savings or payments u have received, you have to show consistency that s why they ask for 6 months wage slips and transaction details for any savings acc. If they see large amounts of money suddenly within a short space of time, it may count against you. Do you have a wife and/or kid or a relative who is dependent solely on your presence. What ties do you have in nigeria? Do you have any businesses... These are the questions you need to ask yourself
Re: Family Visit To Uk by justwise(m): 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2013

(1)

Kenya Airways Unveils First African Female Dreamliner Captain / Planning Travelling To Netherlands But This Is What I Saw / Between Rwanda And Ivory Coast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.