Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,432 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. (2274 Views)

Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? / A Jw Member Told Me This: Shocking!! / JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:04am On Nov 08, 2013
italo:

Lies! It was the Catholic Church that chose, not Lazarus Muoka, not anyone else.
it was the christians including the catholic at that time
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:09am On Nov 08, 2013
italo:

When, where and why did they make this "unanimous decision" to celebrate what the Catholic Church (which they call pagans) instituted in place of a pagan celebration?

Why are they copying/following us yet dishonouring and maligning us?
nobody is copying the catholic. We copy the bible which is the words of God. Nobody is following the catholics or did u see any pentecostal churches bowing down to statue?
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by woky: 7:14am On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: the actual date jesus was born was not that clear but it was about that period of time, so all christians unanimously choose that day to celebrate the birth of jesus all over the world. Anything wrong in that?
was Jesus born on the 25th of december?? Pls answer me

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by woky: 7:19am On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: it was the christians including the catholic at that time
Lolz.. This dude funny... But you pple use to say that catholic ar not christain, that they ar pegan.

Truth don they come out small small

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by MEILYN(m): 7:33am On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: stop talking like the heathen. You quoted a scripture without any explanation. Is that sensible? Does it even relate to the topic on ground?
i know your type grin grin that scripture was self explainatory. Are you that dumb to understand scriptures? grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by MEILYN(m): 7:34am On Nov 08, 2013
woky: Lolz.. This dude funny... But you pple use to say that catholic ar not christain, that they ar pegan.

Truth don they come out small small
leave all these copy copy pentecostal churches jare...

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by italo: 8:15am On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: nobody is copying the catholic. We copy the bible which is the words of God. Nobody is following the catholics or did u see any pentecostal churches bowing down to statue?

But you are copying Catholics na...

The Bible doesnt mention the date that Jesus was born.

"December" is gotten from pagan Roman culture.

December 25 was a pagan roman celebration.

Do you know that some Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas in January?

Why do you copy the date the Catholics (you called pagans, now you call Christians grin) chose which was a pagan feast day?

You either join JWs or you're a hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2013
MEILYN: i know your type grin grin that scripture was self explainatory. Are you that dumb to understand scriptures? grin grin
simply trash
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:24am On Nov 08, 2013
italo:

But you are copying Catholics na...

The Bible doesnt mention the date that Jesus was born.

"December" is gotten from pagan Roman culture.

December 25 was a pagan roman celebration.

Do you know that some Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas in January?

Why do you copy the date the Catholics (you called pagans, now you call Christians grin) chose which was a pagan feast day?

You either join JWs or you're a hypocrite.
just read my post again and understand
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by woky: 10:29am On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: simply trash
because truth is bitter
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by MEILYN(m): 10:48am On Nov 08, 2013
woky: because truth is bitter
indeed sire. Indeed. I wouldnt have said it better.grin grin the Truth is Really Bitter. Agbo no even bitter 4 where Truth dey grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by italo: 11:03am On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: just read my post again and understand

Understand that you're imitating the same people you called pagans who introduced Christmas as a replacement for a pagan celebration?

I already understand that.

The JWs understand.

Everyone on this thread understands.

The only people who need to understand that your are hypocrites is you and Lazarus Muoka.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: the actual date jesus was born was not that clear but it was about that period of time, so all christians authoktonous christians, aka catholics. unanimously choose that day to celebrate the birth of jesus all over the world. Anything wrong in that?
When people like you quote, I have a picture of those shout aleluya pentecostal, street noise makers church in my mind who know next to nothing about christianity, but. If I may also ask, when is easter? do you know its origin and how its day is calculated?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by MEILYN(m): 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
nwuyag:
When people like you quote, I have a picture of those shout aleluya pentecostal, street noise makers church in my mind who know next to nothing about christianity, but. If I may also ask, when is easter? do you know its origin and how its day is calculated?
i doubt. grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by SalC: 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: it was the unamimous decision of all pentecostal churches to celebrate it on that date.
Really? When? Any link to the document?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by woky: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
MEILYN: indeed sire. Indeed. I wouldnt have said it better.grin grin the Truth is Really Bitter. Agbo no even bitter 4 where Truth dey grin grin
chai grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Rich4god(m): 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2013
cheesy grin cheesy grin This thread looks more like night of a thousand laff... Funny replies from the OP.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by woky: 2:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
Rich4god: cheesy grin cheesy grin This thread looks more like night of a thousand laff... Funny replies from the OP.
people who stop lauging ar always the ones who get hurt

Laugh on bro!
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by SalC: 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
woky: people who stop lauging ar always the ones who get hurt

Laugh on bro!
GBAM!!!
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
Rich4god: cheesy grin cheesy grin This thread looks more like night of a thousand laff... Funny replies from the OP.
what is funny about my replies. Is it reading that is ur problem or what?
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
nwuyag:
i am talking about christ birthday not easter. D catholic are always puff up, blowing their own trumpet as if they own everything in christianity, when they always bring shame to the name of christ by bowing down to statues in public.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Tell me if it is wrong to celebrate the birth of jesus christ or forever shut ur trap.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
I don't even know their business in this thread, it is simply because of their reading problems, if nt, they wud have seen where i wrote 'to the Jehovah witness'. I dnt think the catholic would have rear their ugly head to this thread from nowhere like snake under the green grass if they understand simple english. I dnt blame them anyway, because they have suffered from too much indoctrination which have made them confused fellows.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by SalC: 3:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: I don't even know their business in this thread, it is simply because of their reading problems, if nt, they wud have seen where i wrote 'to the Jehovah witness'. I dnt think the catholic would have rear their ugly head to this thread from nowhere like snake under the green grass if they understand simple english. I dnt blame them anyway, because they have suffered from too much indoctrination which have made them confused fellows.
You dey vex?.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by SalC: 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: i am talking about christ birthday not easter. D catholic are always puff up, blowing their own trumpet as if they own everything in christianity, when they always bring shame to the name of christ by bowing down to statues in public.
Aren't you ashamed that a bible fundamentalist like you took to pagan practise. Worst of all you don't know it's origin yet you are telling blatant lies for the world to see? Smh.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by woky: 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: I don't even know their business in this thread, it is simply because of their reading problems, if nt, they wud have seen where i wrote 'to the Jehovah witness'. I dnt think the catholic would have rear their ugly head to this thread from nowhere like snake under the green grass if they understand simple english. I dnt blame them anyway, because they have suffered from too much indoctrination which have made them confused fellows.
pls make sure u tk ur pain pills b4 goin to bed.. note: paracetomol won't stop the pains, i advice u go for cataflam or paincodine.. grin
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by italo: 5:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
Double post
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by italo: 5:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: i am talking about christ birthday not easter. D catholic are always puff up, blowing their own trumpet as if they own everything in christianity, when they always bring shame to the name of christ by bowing down to statues in public.

Christmas o...Easter o... Na Catholic Church wey you dey call pagan start am. Why you come dey follow "pagans?" Your brother asco15 say we dey worship samiramis, you say we dey worship Mary and statues. How you take know say Dec 25 no be samiramis or Mary statue birthday?

grin

Dem no write am for Bible.

You come dey lie lie say Pentecostals come to unanimous decision to celebrate Christmas. When, where?

Chai! Una lie lie too much for that chosen o.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by MEILYN(m): 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
Am not a Catholic, but i think u sound more confused. grin grin. You opened a thread with baseless facts. You cant even defend your assertions.. Shebi u dey find answers? You don get answers now, you dey cry like new born crippled baby.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by MEILYN(m): 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
italo:

Christmas o...Easter o... Na Catholic Church wey you dey call pagan start am. Why you come dey follow "pagans?" Your brother asco15 say we dey worship samiramis, you say we dey worship Mary and statues. How you take know say Dec 25 no be samiramis or Mary statue birthday?

grin

Dem no write am for Bible.

You come dey lie lie say Pentecostals come to unanimous decision to celebrate Christmas. When, where?

Chai! Una lie lie too much for that chosen o.
grin grin lwkmd. You funny die.... You no see thread wey Obadiah create for you? grin grin. Nah this poor guy you cum dey bash.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
MEILYN: Am not a Catholic, but i think u sound more confused. grin grin. You opened a thread with baseless facts. You cant even defend your assertions.. Shebi u dey find answers? You don get answers now, you dey cry like new born crippled baby.
it is clear now dat u are a kid. I ask a question that what is wrong in celebrating the birth of jesus. U could nt give me any reason why we should not celebrate it rather u start talking nonsense. I have told u that we celebrate it cos it is scriptural. The topic of this thread is very simple to understand but u choose to remain daft. The topic is not the question of date but u keeping talking of date cos u want to defent some catholic erroneous doctrine which everyone knows already. Let me ask the question again, is it wrong to celebrate the birth of jesus christ? If yes, ur reasons. If no, ur reasons. Simple. When u answer this question, we move on.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
MEILYN: grin grin lwkmd. You funny die.... You no see thread wey Obadiah create for you? grin grin. Nah this poor guy you cum dey bash.
kid's stuff

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Having An Abortion A Sin After Being Molested? / Pls..why Do "Good People" Short Lived And The " Evil Ones" Live Longer?? / Were The Disciples Of Jesus Christ His Bodyguards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.