Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims (7931 Views)

Fasting On The Day Of 'ashura (10th Muharram) / Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims / Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by Monstaof(m): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
Really appreciate u all for ur contribution. May Allah {SAW} bless u all.
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by babylolaroy(f): 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
Akin d archi: Asalam alaykum warahmahtullahi wabarakatuh , just curious , it is obvious that some muslims don't support the idea of fasting on the 10th, and the reason given is because that date also marks the unjust killing of imam Hussein, so I ask, what would u rather have us do on that day?
*Al-baqir this is directed at u, but anyone that has sometin benficial to say can reply
i wnna rightly believe that the only obvious person on ds thread against that fast is al baqir and thats because he is a shiite. i know exactly what he will av us do on that day: " we should stay indoor and weep our hearts out for imam hussein. we should go donate blood to hospitals like shias in mecca do now. Or we should be sad all day in remembrance of imam hussein"..albaqir, i wont do any of those because they are not waajib..so also anyone who fasts or not today hasnt commited any sin. its rewarding and dia is no punishment for not doing so...sooo dear brother al baqir i would love you to stop discouraging dah fasting and stop letting everyone see the adverse side of ur shia believe
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by Mujah1deen: 5:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
Shokran
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by gnabry(m): 5:53pm On Nov 12, 2013
embarassedSalam alaykum,pls can someone tel me the story of imam hossein and is ashura on thursday?cause I didn't fast today,planning on fasting tomorrow nd next tomorrow and I heard on islam chanel that its on thursday...so we could fast wedsday nd thursday or thursday nd friday.
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by omoredia: 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
If I hear sey I post 'nairashit.com'. Sick site, sick administrators!
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 6:06pm On Nov 12, 2013
gnabry: embarassedSalam alaykum,pls can someone tel me the story of imam hossein and is ashura on thursday?cause I didn't fast today,planning on fasting tomorrow nd next tomorrow and I heard on islam chanel that its on thursday...so we could fast wedsday nd thursday or thursday nd friday.

www.nairaland.com/1506271/ashura-day-sky-rained-blood

www.nairaland.com/1506897/what-ashura-what-led-tragedy
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
What i think al baqir nid is an ibn taymiyyah's student to shut him up( sunnatic injections)
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by Isahalbash(m): 6:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
xclusive43: [b]Innovations Common on 'Ashura'

Shaykh ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah ( may Allah have
mercy on him) was asked about the things that
people deople do on 'Ashura' , such as wearing
kohl , taking a bath ( ghusl), wearing henna,
shaking hands with one another, cooking grains
(hubub ), showing happiness and so on. Was
any of this reported from the Prophet (peace
and blessings of Allah be upon him) in a sahih
hadith , or not? If nothing to that effect was
reported in a sahih hadith , is doing these
things bid'ah , or not? Is there any basis for
what the other group do, such as grieving and
mourning, going without anything to drink,
eulogizing and wailing, reciting in a crazy
manner, and rending their garments?rments?
His reply was: "Praise be to Allah, the Lord of
the Worlds. Nothing to that effect has been
reported in any sahih hadith from the Prophet
(peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) or
from his Companions. None of the Imams of
the Muslims encouraged or recommended such
things, neither the four Imams, nor any others.
No reliable scholars have narrated anything
like this, neither from the Prophet ( peace and
blessings of Allah be upon him), nor from the
Sahabah , nor from the Tabi'in; neither in any
sahih report or in a da'if (weak) report; neither
in the books of Sahih, nor in as-Sunan , nor in
the Musnads. No hadith of this nature was
known during the best centuries, but some of
the later narrators reported ahadith like the
one which says, 'Whoever puts kohl in his eyes
on the day of 'Ashura' will not suffer from eye
disease in that year, and whoever takes a bath
(does ghusl) on the day of 'Ashura' will not get
sick in that year,' and so on. They also
reported a fabricated hadith that is falsely
attributed to the Prophet ( peace and blessings
of Allah be upon him), which says, 'Whoever is
generous to his family on the day of 'Ashura' ,
Allah will be generous to him for the rest of
the year.' Reporting all of this from the
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon
him) is tantamount to lying."
Then he [Ibn Taymiyyah ( may Allah have mercy
on him) ] discussed in brief the tribulations that
had occurred in the early days of this Ummah
and the killing of al-Husayn ( may Allah be
pleased with him), and what the various sects
had done because of this. Then he said:
"An ignorant, wrongful group – who were
either heretics and hypocrites, or
misguided and misled – made a show of
allegiance to him and the members of his
household, so they took the day of
'Ashura' as a day of mourning and
wailing, in which they openly displayed
the rituals of jahiliyyah such as slapping
their cheeks and rending their garments,
grieving in the manner of the
jahiliyyah ...…
"The Shaytan made this attractive to
those who are misled, so they took the
day of 'Ashura' as an occasion of
mourning, when they grieve and wail,
recite poems of grief and tell stories
filled with lies. Whatever truth there may
be in these stories serves no purpose
other than the renewal of their grief and
sectarian feeling, and the stirring up of
hatred and hostility among the Muslims,
which they do by cursing those who came
before them …
"The evil and harm that they do to the
Muslims cannot be enumerated by any
man, no matter how eloquent he is. Some
others – either Nasibis who oppose and
have enmity towards al-Husayn and his
family or ignorant people who try to
fight evil with evil, corruption with
corruption, lies with lies and bid'ah with
bid'ah – opposed them by fabricating
reports in favour of making the day of
'Ashura' a day of celebration, by wearing
kohl and henna , spending money on one's
children, cooking special dishes and
other things that are done on 'Eid and
special occasions. These people took the
day of 'Ashura' as a festival like 'Eid ,
whereas the others took it as a day of
mourning. Both are wrong, and both go
against the Sunnah , even though the
other group (those who take it as a day of
mourning) are worse in intention and
more ignorant and more plainly wrong …
"Neither the Prophet ( peace and blessings
of Allah be upon him) nor his successors
(the khulafa' ar-rashidun ) did any of these
things on the day of 'Ashura', they
neither made it a day of mourning nor a
day of celebration …
"As for the other things, such as cooking
special dishes with or without grains, or
wearing new clothes, or spending money
on one's family, or buying the year's
supplies on that day, or doing special
acts of worship such as special prayers or
deliberately slaughtering an animal on
that day, or saving some of the meat of
the sacrifice to cook with grains, or
wearing kohl and henna, or taking a bath
(ghusl), or shaking hands with one
another, or visiting one another, or
visiting the mosques and shrines and so
on … all of this is reprehensible bid'ah
and is wrong. None of it has anything to
do with the Sunnah of the Messenger of
Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be
upon him) or the way of the Khulafa' ar-
Rashidun. It was not approved of by any
of the Imams of the Muslims, not Malik,
not ath-Thawri, not al-Layth ibn Sa'ad,
not Abu Hanifah, not al-Awza'i, not al-
Shafi'i, not Ahmad ibn Hanbal, not Ishaq
ibn Rahwayh, not any of the Imams and
scholars of the Muslims." [Al-Fatawa al-
Kubra by Ibn Taymiyyah]
Ibn al-Hajj (may Allah have mercy on him)
mentioned that one of the bid'ah on 'Ashura'
was deliberately paying zakat on this day, late
or early, or slaughtering a chicken just for this
occasion, or – in the case of women – using
henna . [ Al-Madkhal , part 1, Yawm 'Ashura' ][/b]

Ibn Taymiyyah shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by babylolaroy(f): 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
gnabry: embarassedSalam alaykum,pls can someone tel me the story of imam hossein and is ashura on thursday?cause I didn't fast today,planning on fasting tomorrow nd next tomorrow and I heard on islam chanel that its on thursday...so we could fast wedsday nd thursday or thursday nd friday.
hmmn...if yu must hear the story of imam hussein, then we are doomed to witness anoda long epistle by dear al baqir...he knows the story inside out.
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
Sheykul Islam: What i think al baqir nid is an ibn taymiyyah's student to shut him up

=)) =)) =)). Lol. Lol. Lol. Seriously?
Ibn Taymiyyah's students! You mean the salafis?

If Sheik al-Subki, Ibn Subki, Ibn Hajar et al could shut the mouth of Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah and refute all his heretic teachings to the point of "ijma of the scholars" of his time sending him to jail and banning his books, I wonder what could a student of Ibn Taymiyyah could do with follower of the 'gate to the prophetic knowledge (a.s)'?

Well they might do what they know how to do best:
*derailing from main topic
*cursing and accusing shi'a of this and that
*declaring Takfir on shi'a
*and finally killing...

"With knowledge, ignorance is dead" ~Imam Ali (a.s)
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
[quote
author=Al-Baqir]

=)) =)) =)). Lol. Lol. Lol. Seriously?
Ibn Taymiyyah's students! You mean the salafis?

If Sheik al-Subki, Ibn Subki, Ibn Hajar et al could shut the mouth of
Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah and refute all his heretic teachings to the point of
"ijma of the scholars" of his time sending him to jail and banning his
books, I wonder what could a student of Ibn Taymiyyah could do with
follower of the 'gate to the prophetic knowledge (a.s
Well they might do what they know how to do best:
*derailing from main topic
*cursing and accusing shi'a of this and that
*declaring Takfir on shi'a
*and finally killing...

"With knowledge, ignorance is dead" ~Imam Ali (a.s)[/quote]

WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYING? I THINK YOU NEED SOME SUNNATIC INJECTIONS
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
babylolaroy:
hmmn...if yu must hear the story of imam hussein, then we are doomed to witness anoda long epistle by dear al baqir...he knows the story inside out.

The most beloved scholar of your revered Tafsir Ibn kathir, in his voluminous book "al-Bidayah wanihaya" devoted 10s of pages for the event of the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (a.s).
Or you wanna talk about the "long epistles" of the best Sunni historian like Tabari, Baladhuri, Suyuti, Dr. Taha Hussain etc. May you not be doomed!

Even Mahatma Ghandi, Olsborn, Kerry Armstrong, Thomas carles were not left out in this "epistles of Imam Hussain".
So why won't Al-baqir! Lol.
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
May be al baqir forgot to tell us that, shi'tes killed imam hussian (RA). I feel like i am wasting my MB talking to innovators like al baqir
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
Sheykul Islam: May be al baqir forgot to tell us that, shi'tes killed imam hussian (RA). I feel like i am wasting my MB talking to innovators like al baqir

That was what one of your learned sheik in UK claimed on a live broadcast in London and get flogged and shamed by a caller.
www.revisitingthesalaf.org/2013/04/debate-who-killed-imam-hussain-as_29.html?m=1

Sheik Abdullah Faisal too get "flogged" by mere student of learning in Qum, Iran. So I wonder who you be dear brother.
In fact its better you go and change that name of yours "sheykul Islam".
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by gnabry(m): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
So shias dnt believe in fastin on 10th of muharam,,what of the salfis,I rili rather find this confusing rather than convusin and @al baqi,I rili apreciate your links,atleast I can boastfully tell my fteinds the story of imam hussein but I find this rather disturbing,the link says fasting is prohibited someway and mourning is more benefiaciary.
I knw a lot of theories can be formed but the LinK stipualted and distinguished them all,if the theories on the link are correct and why are muslims fasting and can someone tell me the benefit of fasting nd not fasting on these daysm
One last thing,am not the kind of person that puts all eggs in a basket,,I need someone to clarify me more on why muslims should fast cause d link directed to me says fasting is not compulsory or not needed.jazaks
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2013
@ gabnry its better you go and learn your religion and know who is telling the truth because It is very evident that you dont even your religion from your comment. IGNORANCE IN ISLAM IS UNACCEPTABLE. Go back to madarasat and learn, there is no shame in it.
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
gnabry: So shias dnt believe in fastin on 10th of muharam,,what of the salfis,I rili rather find this confusing rather than convusin and @al baqi,I rili apreciate your links,atleast I can boastfully tell my fteinds the story of imam hussein but I find this rather disturbing,the link says fasting is prohibited someway and mourning is more benefiaciary.
I knw a lot of theories can be formed but the LinK stipualted and distinguished them all,if the theories on the link are correct and why are muslims fasting and can someone tell me the benefit of fasting nd not fasting on these daysm
One last thing,am not the kind of person that puts all eggs in a basket,,I need someone to clarify me more on why muslims should fast cause d link directed to me says fasting is not compulsory or not needed.jazaks

Dear brother what you embark on is called "quest on knowledge". Please pray and exercise your God-given intellect; and you shall be guided in sha Allah.
Salam
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
gnabry: So shias dnt believe in fastin on 10th of muharam,,what of the salfis,I rili rather find this confusing rather than convusin and @al baqi,I rili apreciate your links,atleast I can boastfully tell my fteinds the story of imam hussein but I find this rather disturbing,the link says fasting is prohibited someway and mourning is more benefiaciary.

Dear brother what you embark on is called "quest on knowledge". Please pray and exercise your God-given intellect; and you shall be guided in sha Allah. Don't be discourage.

Salam
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by LagosShia: 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
@ al baqir i cant waste my precious time talking to you. Why shd i, wen the person i am talking to does not know the defination of a sahih hadith? You can't even produce any vocally. I am talking from experience from a shi'te scholar talkless of a follower like u.
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by LagosShia: 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
Sheykul Islam: @ al baqir i cant waste my precious time talking to you. Why shd i, wen the person i am talking to does not know the defination of a sahih hadith? You can't even produce any vocally. I am talking from experience from a shi'te scholar talkless of a follower like u.

shut up!

leave the rhetoric and get to the information/evidence/facts.

even your extremist ibn taymiyyah would be ashamed of you in this age and time to repeat old fashioned lies against the Shia.

FASTING ON THE 10TH DAY OF MUHARRAM KNOWN AS THE DAY OF ASHURA IS BID'AH (A FORBIDDEN INNOVATION) IN ISLAM THAT THE PROPHET (s) NEVER ORDER FOR.TOO MANY THREADS ALREADY ON THAT TOPIC. YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO LIVE AN HISTORICAL LIE TO CONCEAL THE TRUTH ABOUT THE TRAGEDY OF KARBALA.YOU ARE FREE TO DO THAT BUT OTHERS WILL NOT.
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by AlBaqir(m): 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
LagosShia: What Is Ashura And What Led To The Tragedy Of Karbala?

https://www.nairaland.com/1506897/what-ashura-what-led-tragedy

Who killed Imam Hussain (as)?
http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/who-killed-imam-hussain.html

A deobandi salafi scholar flogged on "Who killed Imam Hussain"
www.revisitingthesalaf.org/2013/04/debate-who-killed-imam-hussain-as_29.html?m=1
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by LagosShia: 8:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
Al-Baqir:

A deobandi salafi scholar flogged on "Who killed Imam Hussain"

HERE IS THE YOUTUBE VIDEO :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtDmWZg9pwo
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by Subuhanalahi: 8:07am On Nov 13, 2013
May AllaH reward all us.
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by alwahdaniyyah(f): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2013
Salam alaikum! The Saudi Judicial Supreme Court made up of grand scholars from different schools of thought decided that the Ummul-Qura calendar should not be followed for the month of Muharram and thus, the first day of the new Hijra year was Tuesday 5th of November, Ashura tywill hence be Thursday 14th of November. It is strongly recomended that we fast on the day of Ashura which is 10h of Muharam (Thursday 14 of November)&to fast a day before & or a day after i.e. Wed 13th and or Fri 15th of November(in addition 2d Thur.fasting.The Prophet (saw) said fasting on the day of Ashura expiates the sins of the past year. (Muslim). Please rebroadcast to as many people as you can. May Allah make it an easy task &accept it as perfect act of worship!
Re: Ashura – An Important Day For All Muslims by xclusive43(m): 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
LagosShia:

shut up!

leave the rhetoric and get to the information/evidence/facts.

even your extremist ibn taymiyyah would be ashamed of you in this age and time to repeat old fashioned lies against the Shia.

FASTING ON THE 10TH DAY OF MUHARRAM KNOWN AS THE DAY OF ASHURA IS BID'AH (A FORBIDDEN INNOVATION) IN ISLAM THAT THE PROPHET (s) NEVER ORDER FOR.TOO MANY THREADS ALREADY ON THAT TOPIC. YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO LIVE AN HISTORICAL LIE TO CONCEAL THE TRUTH ABOUT THE TRAGEDY OF KARBALA.YOU ARE FREE TO DO THAT BUT OTHERS WILL NOT.

lolz....you dey vex..i wan reply you but i think its just a waist of my bundle nd time.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Malcom X's Grandson Turns From Sunni To Shia Muslim / I Am Currently Studying The Quran. See What You Have Missed! / Why Do Muslims Rush To Christian Countries Rather Than Islamic Countries?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.