Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,099 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:12 AM

Love Or Stupidy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Or Stupidy (1573 Views)

Is This Love Or Lust :: / Is This Love Or Foolishness / Is This Love Or Juju In Action? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Or Stupidy by xy: 11:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
I am in Love with this girl and we are hoping to get married, I am a staunch Catholic and she attends one of the Pentecostal churches. She insisted that she will not loose her maiden name even when we get married and I granted the request and mow she is saying she can never follow me to the catholic church, that for her to marry me and I must leave the catholic church and join her in any of the Pentecostal church of my choice.
Note: none of us is dependent on the other, we re all doing well in our fields, she is a pharmacist and myself an Engr, but right inside me I do not want to leave the catholic church but I love her too, am I making a mistake by clicking to my decision of not leaving the church. Kindly advise me by putting yourself in my shoes.

Thanks guys.
Re: Love Or Stupidy by Dygeasy(m): 1:22am On Nov 10, 2013
She's Already Driving You Anyhow When You're Not Married Yet.

IMO, Its Your Choice To Make Yourself Have A Say Or Get Dominated Upon.

I Can't Possibly Tell You What To Do.

2 Likes

Re: Love Or Stupidy by 7footre(m): 3:06am On Nov 10, 2013
De dia make motor de drive you

1 Like

Re: Love Or Stupidy by Pretyangel25(f): 6:51am On Nov 10, 2013
First it was her not changing her maiden name, now is for you to follow her to pentecostal church. Hmmmmm i think she doesnt love you and she is looking for a way to drive you

1 Like

Re: Love Or Stupidy by dahmie2013: 7:00am On Nov 10, 2013
Stupidity dear! U don't take such sensitive decisions just because of a woman, u take dem because u are personally convinced its d best 4 u!
Re: Love Or Stupidy by Enegod(m): 7:00am On Nov 10, 2013
smh
Re: Love Or Stupidy by cherieb2(f): 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
Give her the priviledge of having the wedding done in her church(though Ȋ̝̊̅ know how difficult it is for a catholic τ̅☺ go wed in a penticostal church), then afterwards she follows you τ̅☺ your church, but if she still stand on her ground, then guy, u better have a rethink, cos for a woman τ̅☺ start dictating for u even before marriage, she will do it n even do worst when u guys are married and that myt just bring problem in your matrimonial home(guess u don't want that).

Its good τ̅☺ love o, but dnt only use ur heart, carry your head along.

1 Like

Re: Love Or Stupidy by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
xy: I am in Love with this girl and we are hoping to get married, I am a staunch Catholic and she attends one of the Pentecostal churches. She insisted that she will not loose her maiden name even when we get married and I granted the request and mow she is saying she can never follow me to the catholic church, that for her to marry me and I must leave the catholic church and join her in any of the Pentecostal church of my choice.
Note: none of us is dependent on the other, we re all doing well in our fields, she is a pharmacist and myself an Engr, but right inside me I do not want to leave the catholic church but I love her too, am I making a mistake by clicking to my decision of not leaving the church. Kindly advise me by putting yourself in my shoes.

Thanks guys.

Why must you stay in the catholic church? Don't let your ego cost you someone you love.
Re: Love Or Stupidy by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
andromida:

Why must you stay in the catholic church? Don't let your ego cost you someone you love.
shocked shocked shocked shocked Andromida, this is the first time I'm seeing you giving terrible advice! Abi na joke? His ego? Cost him a woman he loves? Are you serious? Who is supposed to lead in the home that they'll build?

2 Likes

Re: Love Or Stupidy by Yahoo1(m): 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
dahmie2013: Stupidity dear! U don't take such sensitive decisions just because of a woman, u take dem because u are personally convinced its d best 4 u!
so on point...

love ke? you love her to make such decisions bc of her,does she love you nd is she willing to do the same? 4 Marriage sake,who dey marry who?

anyway,like Dahmie said,if you think it is the best for you...go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Love Or Stupidy by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pretyangel25: First it was her not changing her maiden name, now is for you to follow her to pentecostal church. Hmmmmm i think she doesnt love you and she is looking for a way to drive you
Re: Love Or Stupidy by eunisam: 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
She is a woman in total control.if u dont have a say now do you thing you can have a say later on? Oh my brother if you dont want a divorce later just dont try!
Re: Love Or Stupidy by nikaShow(m): 7:55am On Nov 11, 2013
Dude, make we talk true.
Either Ʊ love her or not, Ʊ sound as if she's the one dictating to you, which is wrong.I choose to believe she explained why she didnt want to change her maiden name, and truth be told, it is much better if Couples attend d same church (doctrine issues and so on).
So wear the pants, check the pro's and con's (decide if she really is the love of ur life and she's really worth it to you)...and erm...follow her to the Protestant Church

P.s I quit my catholic church for a protestant church...no be becos of woman sha oo grin

1 Like

Re: Love Or Stupidy by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 11, 2013
Ihedinobi:
shocked shocked shocked shocked Andromida, this is the first time I'm seeing you giving terrible advice! Abi na joke? His ego? Cost him a woman he loves? Are you serious? Who is supposed to lead in the home that they'll build?

smiley smiley ihe, the man is a christian not a catholic well at least that's what i am thinking. Yeah he feels good in that church but he can check other churches that will be suitable for both of them. This is leading in my own opinion. Does a christian convert to a catholic christian? This sticking to this church or that just feels like rigidity and too much rules. The church was there before you were born and they will be there after you are long gone. If truly it is love then compromises without compromising himself is ok. Leading is not being rigid she sounds like a woman with her own opinion who is not afraid to say what she wants.
Re: Love Or Stupidy by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 11, 2013
dahmie2013: Stupidity dear! U don't take such sensitive decisions just because of a woman, u take dem because u are personally convinced its d best 4 u!

In as much as I object to following her to her church, I also want you to know the detriments it will cause you, both to your family and social status. Nevertheless also find out if your church is doing what the bible says. Know her reasons for choosing Pentecostal church. Religion is a sensitive issue to us Africans. Be a man and take your decision after analytical understanding of both sides. Most men have perished because they follow their wife's advice, many others are made from their wife's advice. Think twice.

1 Like

Re: Love Or Stupidy by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
andromida:

smiley smiley ihe, the man is a christian not a catholic well at least that's what i am thinking. Yeah he feels good in that church but he can check other churches that will be suitable for both of them. This is leading in my own opinion. Does a christian convert to a catholic christian? This sticking to this church or that just feels like rigidity and too much rules. The church was there before you were born and they will be there after you are long gone. If truly it is love then compromises without compromising himself is ok. Leading is not being rigid she sounds like a woman with her own opinion who is not afraid to say what she wants.
Please. Andromida! What kind of love requires a man to divest himself of his manhood? She's not afraid to say what she wants? He shouldn't be afraid to put his foot down either. First, he agrees to her not using his name! WHO DOES THAT, ABEG? Then he has to change churches FOR HER? Abeg, which one has she done for him? Adonbelieve what you're sayin o!

Besides, this woman's behavior is the reason that many women get into marriage and say that their husband has changed - making all sorts of ultimatums to tailor him to themselves. A man will only truly change when he does so out of his own self.
Re: Love Or Stupidy by greedie1(f): 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
no u ain't making a mistake, stick to ur decision.
i ve heard of couples attending diff churches but demanding that u follow her to ur church? dats wrong
Re: Love Or Stupidy by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Please. Andromida! What kind of love requires a man to divest himself of his manhood? She's not afraid to say what she wants? He shouldn't be afraid to put his foot down either. First, he agrees to her not using his name! WHO DOES THAT, ABEG? Then he has to change churches FOR HER? Abeg, which one has she done for him? Adonbelieve what you're sayin o!

Besides, this woman's behavior is the reason that many women get into marriage and say that their husband has changed - making all sorts of ultimatums to tailor him to themselves. A man will only truly change when he does so out of his own self.

This guy is ok with her not bearing his name after marriage or is pretending to be its the church he is skeptical about, this love is not about divesting himself of his manhood its about compromises. In a marriage you will be surprised the kind of compromises many men and women make to keep the ship sailing smoothly and really if he can find a church that will make both of them really happy whats the big deal. Would you prefer she pretends to be ok with the church then pull a fast one after marriage. This point right here is where he shows his leading skills. She has not asked for the impossible just something reasonable to both of them. If bearing his name is very important to him then he should speak up quickly or forever hold his peace. And if he feels so deeply connected to the vatican he should speak out in the long run they don't have to attend the same church.
Re: Love Or Stupidy by brain54(m): 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
why you wan allow woman ride you like bicycle?
Re: Love Or Stupidy by xy: 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
Thank you guys, you all have a good point in what you have said, Bisdasun, what you really said is vey important; my family will not take it at all and I will let many people down, I have led many youth associations in catholic church and presently a president of archdiocesan catholic youth where I live now. I really appreciate you guys advice, your advice is immeasurable. Currently, I am in abroad and I have decided to let the matter be until I come back home and we will sit down and discuss it. Frankly speaking, this have been driving me crazy but u guys have really spoken what I am also thinking.

Thank you guys
Re: Love Or Stupidy by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
I don't get my "family will not take it at all". Marriage is not about what your family will take or not but what you and your wife feel comfortable with.
Re: Love Or Stupidy by EzePromoe: 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
The love don't have to be one-sided, else you will be the one crying your hearts out.
Ladies, IMO, find push-over men revulsive undecided
Re: Love Or Stupidy by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
andromida: This guy is ok with her not bearing his name after marriage or is pretending to be its the church he is skeptical about, this love is not about divesting himself of his manhood its about compromises. In a marriage you will be surprised the kind of compromises many men and women make to keep the ship sailing smoothly and really if he can find a church that will make both of them really happy whats the big deal. Would you prefer she pretends to be ok with the church then pull a fast one after marriage. This point right here is where he shows his leading skills. She has not asked for the impossible just something reasonable to both of them. If bearing his name is very important to him then he should speak up quickly or forever hold his peace. And if he feels so deeply connected to the vatican he should speak out in the long run they don't have to attend the same church.
Mida, I don't want to over-flog this argument. I think that it's obvious that once it is compromising one's particular role in the family, it's obviously no longer a healthy compromise. When a man has to compromise on being the man, there is a real question whether the marriage is worth hanging on to. Same thing with the woman. A marriage is a marriage because one person is the man and the other the woman. It is not only unbecoming but very unhealthy when those roles are switched.
Re: Love Or Stupidy by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
xy: I am in Love with this girl and we are hoping to get married, I am a staunch Catholic and she attends one of the Pentecostal churches. She insisted that she will not loose her maiden name even when we get married and I granted the request and mow she is saying she can never follow me to the catholic church, that for her to marry me and I must leave the catholic church and join her in any of the Pentecostal church of my choice.

Thanks guys.
[size=25pt] open she doesn't want to marry u Ah!, get over yourself. [/size]
Re: Love Or Stupidy by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
Monstertrucks: [size=25pt] open she doesn't want to marry u Ah!, get over yourself. [/size]
Why are you screaming? cheesy
Re: Love Or Stupidy by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
Pretyangel25: First it was her not changing her maiden name, now is for you to follow her to pentecostal church. Hmmmmm i think she doesnt love you and she is looking for a way to drive you
OP, hope you can read. na girl talk am o!
Re: Love Or Stupidy by Ololade12(f): 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2013

Thanks guys.
I will advice u shld tell d lady to join u in ur own church moreover u are both christian, u are a man and a man is a person dat controls a home more so if u accept what d girl is trying to say u will be a fool for her after marriage cos so far she loves u she must do what u want not you doing what she want always.

(1) (Reply)

If Virginity Is A Woman's Pride........... / Who Should Say 'I Love You' First? / Angry Neighbour: Man Stabs Roomate For Making Noise During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.