Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? (24156 Views)

Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground / Will A Particular Church Determine Your Salvation / Must One Worship At A Particular Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Msgamble: 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
nora544:

Adeboye is not a real christian because he preaches about witchhunting that kill kids, and no real christian can do this.
saying such thingz will make ur lyf more miserable n i pity ur progeny(cos u' re placing under 'Divine curse') by attacking d Man(some of his pastor av done it b4, we know hw they end up)
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by nora544: 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
Msgamble: saying such thingz will make ur lyf more miserable n i pity ur progeny(cos u' re placing under 'Divine curse') by attacking d Man(some of his pastor av done it b4, we know hw they end up)

A real christ love all the people and he love also people who live in sin, that is what you read in the bible.

He love only people who can donate very much he loves money more than God, a real christ would not have a jet when there are people in nigeria who didnot have to eat, he build a School where the normal nigerians cannot send there kids is this a real christian.

Is he a real christ when he say who give this belong to this group and who give this belong to this group and the last one sorry...
Is it right for a christian to tell the people when you cannot give me 10. Million naira you will see me.

Did he speak to the public about the child which is missing from his camp, that show me that he has a heart of stone, no word to the family of this child.
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by olaztek(m): 10:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
It is a weakness 4 God 2 have someone sharing power, authority & name with Him. That doesn't prove the greatness of God. God is one and only one.
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by mkoabiola: 11:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
NL ,a forum where dere is alwys an answer to any question.
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Jagermeister(m): 11:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
I believe I'm a christian but I don't go to church, I'm not comfortable with the kind of things that happen there, I'd rather have some x-boxing on a sunday morning, I'm still a child of God but I ain't enriching another business-man cum pastor with my money... Well I get to hear ur reasons, u faithfuls !!!
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
Preaching about money
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by SeyiGold(m): 11:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
olaztek: Jesus was sent to this world 2 deliver the message of God. So he is a servant of God. Attributing a son to the most High is a sign of weakness and there is no way man is comparable to God.
Tell them abeg!
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by mimicue(f): 11:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
Collecting multiple offering[l undecided undecided and when they say raise ur Bible.. People be raising iPads and phones
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
SeyiGold: Calling jesus God.

i and my father are one

i and my father are one

i and my father are one
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by binhozie(m): 12:22am On Nov 11, 2013
Criticizing another Pastor or Church or Doctrine. . .
Just Preach the word and leave the rest

Can you imagine a pastor once said he dreamt (abi na vision), that he saw Pope John Paul In Hell
and he was crying that he is sorry he was decieved. . I mean
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by nora544: 12:27am On Nov 11, 2013
binhozie: Criticizing another Pastor or Church or Doctrine. . .
Just Preach the word and leave the rest

Can you imagine a pastor once said he dreamt (abi na vision), that he saw Pope John Paul In Hell
and he was crying that he is sorry he was decieved. . I mean

that could come only from lord chosen because they pray also to the god of lord chosen

I didnot believe in any of this vision from this new churches in nigeria
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by safedriveng: 1:22am On Nov 11, 2013
Oga o! Not even one thing to hate. Since my goin to church is by instruction and hav no got any deal with any man but christ the author and finisher of my faith. I don't just go to churches but go where God dwells and divine instructions and coordination counts per program.

2 Likes

Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Nobody: 4:07am On Nov 11, 2013
mimicue: Collecting multiple offering[l undecided undecided and when they say raise ur Bible.. People be raising iPads and phones
I wonder oh, like say u fit cast out demons with ipad and iphones!
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Nobody: 4:32am On Nov 11, 2013
Harbosede02: D way sum gurls form trash in church,they wud nt listen 2 sermons,they wud come 2 church 11am wen dey knw service ends by 11.15pm!itz annoying,am nt a saint either bt cum 2 tink of it,itz nt by force 2 attend church!

i tynk dis happens mostly in schools(tertiary)... Gals coming late so dey can be noticed, ve nt taken note of it happening whr i worship cos its nt close to any school #my2cent
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Nobody: 4:35am On Nov 11, 2013
safedriveng: Oga o! Not even one thing to hate. Since my goin to church is by instruction and hav no got any deal with any man but christ the author and finisher of my faith. I don't just go to churches but go where God dwells and divine instructions and coordination counts per program.

Best answer
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by bigpastor(m): 4:47am On Nov 11, 2013
this shouldn't put you off if you read John 1:1 very well
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by ofisa247(m): 6:13am On Nov 11, 2013
roymary:

You should do the checking...i ain't got time for that...Is vigil conducted during the day Night Vigil is tautology. Morning Vigil!

ITK
i think you are the ITK here.
Vigil - comes from the Latin word for "awake," and all its meanings include the idea of watchfulness. If you're attending a vigil or keeping vigil, you shouldn't expect to take a nap.
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by ofisa247(m): 6:26am On Nov 11, 2013
nora544:

A real christ love all the people and he love also people who live in sin, that is what you read in the bible.

He love only people who can donate very much he loves money more than God, a real christ would not have a jet when there are people in nigeria who didnot have to eat, he build a School where the normal nigerians cannot send there kids is this a real christian.

Is he a real christ when he say who give this belong to this group and who give this belong to this group and the last one sorry...
Is it right for a christian to tell the people when you cannot give me 10. Million naira you will see me.

Did he speak to the public about the child which is missing from his camp, that show me that he has a heart of stone, no word to the family of this child.

don't say that, pls.
Is Daddy Adeboye responsible for people's negligence and carelessness? At a gathering like that, you are expected to have full responsibility over anything you do.
Do you even know what it takes to run a university system? Thats one of the problems we are having in this country now (cheap universities, with little of no values).
Sorry ehn!!!
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by bufness(m): 7:13am On Nov 11, 2013
bamosagie:

Guilty as others
OK...
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by BabaTony: 7:19am On Nov 11, 2013
farem:
In the begining was the Word, Take itWord was with God and the Word was God...the Word became flesh (human) and dwelt among us... John 1:1, 14.
Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works sake.
John 14:11
"I and my Father are one" and the expected response of people like you happened! It's still happening till now. Read further: "Then the Jews took up stones to stone him"
John 10:30,31. Kindly read verses 34-35 for the Lord's report.
WE ARE NOT MAKING UP, WHEN JESUS IS TAUGHT AS GOD. EVIDENCES ABOUND IN THE SCRIPTURES. God bless you.

You nailed it. JESUS CHRIST IS GOD ALMIGHTY. GBAM! Take It or die in your SINS! its not debatable.

1 Like

Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Adesquare18: 7:53am On Nov 11, 2013
U dnt av 2 condem any1 ,we wil al face jugemnt 1day. n i want u al 2 knw dis dt we'r in d perilous tym many strange tins wil be happenin. Jesus told us about dis in matt24v1to end. Read it.d main tin is 2 give ur lyf 2 Jesus n serve Him whole heartdly.we r in d end tym!
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by ProfChris10(m): 8:10am On Nov 11, 2013
ifenadi:

Son of God grin grin
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty _God_, The everlasting Father, The prince of Peace.
Rev1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

1 Like

Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Savigne(f): 10:01am On Nov 11, 2013
I hate it wen pple cal Jesus God,nd I'm lyk WTF?!
Giving glory to ur pastor b4 God wen testifying (I nor go cal names:"Thank U Jesus" pple..U knw urselves)
Abeg if I shld go on,I nor go comot fr here 2day,bt all I cn say is
Aal izz well.
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by bknight: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2013

Funny%
questn 4u
is d son of a Lion not a Lion?
is d son of a King not a King?
Then
is the son of God not God?
Jesus is the son of God and is God

That is the mystery of the Trinity, may God make it to be more open unto those that believe

Friends, pls pardon my ignorance. Is God Flesh&Blood? From ur logic only a human-Godfather can give birth to a human-Godson, a flesh&blood God-son should be born of a flesh&blood God-father. But if you agree God is Spirit, Then you need to personally reflect and re-evaluate what beliefs you believe.
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Elgaxton(m): 10:27am On Nov 11, 2013

Is Jesus not God?

You better know He is God o.

Colossian 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 11, 2013
ofisa247: don't say that, pls.
Is Daddy Adeboye responsible for people's negligence and carelessness? At a gathering like that, you are expected to have full responsibility over anything you do.
Do you even know what it takes to run a university system? Thats one of the problems we are having in this country now (cheap universities, with little of no values).
Sorry ehn!!!
Sorry to ask;
Are you blind?, Are you myopic? are you high on glorifying adeboye?
who the fvck is he?
Just a politician in disguise, playing his smart cards on a sector of the society that feeds on gullibility of the poor masses.
Now tell me:
He preaches about recieving, recieving, recieving (whether tithes, offerings, envelope shyt). How many times has he talked about the need to make the schools very very cheap, If not even free? Most of his wealth is from where? the masses. What is he doing with it?; creating more wealth with the masses. Be sincere, when last did the cun man, preach about the need to give almost all his property nd live like and taste life like an average nigerian?, Infact, when last did he preach on the need for him to completely change the lives of a group of people. Most times the poorest people sit at the front seats of rccg. adeboye ignores. They are hoping for a better tommorow, working hard but yet stll give up part of their little earnings becase the cun man searched deep into malachi to tap from their gullibility. I cant blame them. If I was in their condition, I wont have a choice.
mayten30: and if truly u are a good christian did ur bible tell you that you should be the one to judge anyone on earth?or ur own bible told u to do so?
*smh*

1 Like

Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 11, 2013
I am seeing some dumbheads quoting that we should not judge.. With the poverty in nigeria, you mean we should not speak out for those(pastors) who cun the masses to release part of their had earned money when they have more than enough to feed the families of their members. The worst is that a lot of them(members) dont waste time to criticise politicians when they do wrong. Or is the issue of not judging only for pastors? Is someone high on bullsh1t? Haba!. I am beginning to believe in evil spirits, because that is the only thing that can cause this.

1 Like

Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by roymary: 10:45am On Nov 11, 2013
ofisa247: i think you are the ITK here.
Vigil - comes from the Latin word for "awake," and all its meanings include the idea of watchfulness. If you're attending a vigil or keeping vigil, you shouldn't expect to take a nap.

Wouldn't argue with you but glad i know better. Do you also have Afternoon vigil and morning vigil? If the idea of vigil is to stay awake which is usually at night why say Night Vigil?

Step it up Prof.

1 Like

Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Umbro01(m): 11:08am On Nov 11, 2013
ifenadi:

Son of God grin grin
Prophet of God
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by mojeer678: 11:13am On Nov 11, 2013
Msgamble: saying such thingz will make ur lyf more miserable n i pity ur progeny(cos u' re placing under 'Divine curse') by attacking d Man(some of his pastor av done it b4, we know hw they end up)

Intimidation is witchcraft, you'd better repent.
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2013
roymary:

I dunno how old you are! No idea what your experiences and exposure is but I pray you continue to get answers to your prayers in 5mins.

Prayers coming from your heart has Lil or nothing to do with receiving answers to your prayers.

You are not smarter than the Pastor that leads you through hours of prayer. The enemies of our souls spends hours, days and years to bring us down. Rethink the importance of spending more time in prayer.
which kind b.s be this?
I have heard this soo many times.
why dont the demons die?
Should someone's life be filled with fear of the unknown?
Sometimes, I feel its good that someone spends at least 3 months in the states with a good job. Your pattern of prayer will change by force.
Re: What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? by mojeer678: 11:19am On Nov 11, 2013
olaztek: Jesus was sent to this world 2 deliver the message of God. So he is a servant of God. Attributing a son to the most High is a sign of weakness and there is no way man is comparable to God.

Pele. It's truly mind-blowing to be confronted with the fact that God came down in human flesh.

Don't worry, you're not alone.

Those in similar predicament chose to murder HIM thus fulfilling the Scripture.

Now that you know the truth, what will you do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. / Mike Bamiloye And Wife, Gloria Celebrate 31st Wedding Anniversary / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.