Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

What's So Special About Android? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's So Special About Android? (1716 Views)

Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) / What's So Special About The Windows Phone.. / Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's So Special About Android? by bappahman: 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
I am long time bb user and I want to buy another smart phone...will love to know. What will a new android phone provide that my bb can't?
Re: What's So Special About Android? by dahmylolah(m): 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
I am sure u could have used google to check the differences between a blackberry phone and an android phone ... it depends on ur buying power ....use this comparison site to check ....http://www.smartprix.com/mobiles/compare.php?ids=1768%2C1104%2C1878
Re: What's So Special About Android? by RedCard1(m): 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
bappahman: What will a new android phone provide that my bb can't?
everything including instagram and with the exception of BBM. I'm not using Android now but I will get one soon. Android is the best for now.
Re: What's So Special About Android? by gustav25: 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
Its ability to tweak and be tweaked.
Re: What's So Special About Android? by calddon(m): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
bappahman: I am long time bb user and I want to buy another smart phone...will love to know. What will a new android phone provide that my bb can't?
it will redefine your definition of mobile technology, obviously your blackberry has been denying you of that privilege
Re: What's So Special About Android? by OmichaelO: 8:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
ANDROID

UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES
Re: What's So Special About Android? by Rowybest(f): 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
get a blackberry 10 and experience the new blackberry. 4get any other andriod phone.
Re: What's So Special About Android? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
Test and see
Re: What's So Special About Android? by bappahman: 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
So far no one has been able to tell me wat makes android special and above bb os 7
Re: What's So Special About Android? by Youngpo413: 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
Apps,many apps,more apps nothing but apps.

If you can get a smartphone that runs on 4.4 kitty katt,it will be better for you,this latest version is very light and run smoothly with just 512 ram according to google,but from version 4.3 downward lags alot even with 2gb ram,it lag and lag and lag,so you wont enjoy your apps,many app and more apps!

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Android? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
customizations and tonnes of apps

you have full control of ur phone on android.. no restrictions, no shigbishigbi unlike blackberry that restricts ur ass.
Re: What's So Special About Android? by MrsCork2(f): 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
ammyluv2002: Test and see

exactly
Re: What's So Special About Android? by Morgan1092(m): 10:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
Google knows it all
Re: What's So Special About Android? by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:34am On Nov 11, 2013
Young po413: Apps,many apps,more apps nothing but apps.

If you can get a smartphone that runs on 4.4 kitty katt,it will be better for you,this latest version is very light and run smoothly with just 512 ram according to google,but from version 4.3 downward lags alot even with 2gb ram,it lag and lag and lag,so you wont enjoy your apps,many app and more apps!

Dude, you must be smoking some real potent shit to say that phones running 4.3 down lags a lot. This is what you get when the only android phone you've ever used is a chinko android.

@OP, as a user of the two phones, let me see if I can throw more light here.
Android is similar in function to Nokia Symbian of old. In that, it has great multi-tasking and tweakability. Pick any random android phone, go thru it, test out all the features. Is there any feature missing in it (that doesn't depend on a hardware component to be added)? I can bet you that there is an app for it already. Android is a world of possibilities. You get tons of apps to fit your daily need and most of them are for free. You are free to change any app that comes with ur phone by default (even system apps but that can cause ur phone to crash). Say for instance, you don't like the office app that came with ur phone, there are tons of free ones on the store. Are you a social junkie? Nothing fulfils your cravings like android. Take for instance, the facebook app can synchronise with your contacts and automatically update their numbers on ur phone with their facebook pics and updates. The contact app can sync your contacts between various social media networks and pull in updates for that contact so you can see your friend's facebook, twitter, instagram etc updates just by opening ur contacts. Is your phone unable to play some media files like asr, wav, divx, mkv? Have no fear. There are tons of free media players to suit ur needs (even vlc player is on android). Do you have multiple emails? No need to break the bank to subscribe to a bb package that allows multiple account. Your phone's default email app can handle all the popular email providers. Are you geek? Want to show off your geekry to ur friend, pick an android phone, install teamviewer and the login remotely to your pc over the internet and control ur pc. Install a terminal emulator and have a full blown shell at your fingertips. You can even use it to ssh/telnet into a device like a router and configure it. Don't want to lose ur bbm contacts? Have no fear, bbm is now on android too. Want to rush home to watch that crucial match but u're stuck in traffic? There're lots of free apps that enable u watch tv online. I can go on and on and on. But the best teacher is usually experience. I'll suggest you go for android but stay away from the china ones if you really want to enjoy your experience. Trust me, no matter the hype you hear about techno, gionee, infinix and co, it can't match the performance of devices from companies like sony, samsung, htc etc. If you are confused on which phone to get, you can tell me ur budget and I'll suggest one for you.

But on the "bad" side, due to the poor data services here, you'll have to spend more on buying data packages than u used to do while on a bb os 7.

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Android? by flawless911(m): 12:38am On Nov 11, 2013
bappahman: I am long time bb user and I want to buy another smart phone...will love to know. What will a new android phone provide that my bb can't?
Bros dere's notin in Android, BB is d best for you..

SmH
Re: What's So Special About Android? by calddon(m): 5:33am On Nov 11, 2013
henryskywalker2003:

Dude, you must be smoking some real potent shit to say that phones running 4.3 down lags a lot. This is what you get when the only android phone you've ever used is a chinko android.

Android is similar in function to Nokia Symbian of old. In that, it has great multi-tasking and tweakability. Pick any random android phone, go thru it, test out all the features. Is there any feature missing in it (that doesn't depend on a hardware component to be added)? I can bet you that there is an app for it already. Android is a world of possibilities. You get tons of apps to fit your daily need and most of them are for free. You are free to change any app that comes with ur phone by default (even system apps but that can cause ur phone to crash). Say for instance, you don't like the office app that came with ur phone, there are tons of free ones on the store. Are you a social junkie? Nothing fulfils your cravings like android. Take for instance, the facebook app can synchronise with your contacts and automatically update their numbers on ur phone with their facebook pics and updates. The contact app can sync your contacts between various social media networks and pull in updates for that contact so you can see your friend's facebook, twitter, instagram etc updates just by opening ur contacts. Is your phone unable to play some media files like asr, wav, divx, mkv? Have no fear. There are tons of free media players to suit ur needs (even vlc player is on android). Do you have multiple emails? No need to break the bank to subscribe to a bb package that allows multiple account. Your phone's default email app can handle all the popular email providers. Are you geek? Want to show off your geekry to ur friend, pick an android phone, install teamviewer and the login remotely to your pc over the internet and control ur pc. Install a terminal emulator and have a full blown shell at your fingertips. You can even use it to ssh/telnet into a device like a router and configure it. Don't want to lose ur bbm contacts? Have no fear, bbm is now on android too. Want to rush home to watch that crucial match but u're stuck in traffic? There're lots of free apps that enable u watch tv online. I can go on and on and on. But the best teacher is usually experience. I'll suggest you go for android but stay away from the china ones if you really want to enjoy your experience. Trust me, no matter the hype you hear about techno, gionee, infinix and co, it can't match the performance of devices from companies like sony, samsung, htc etc. If you are confused on which phone to get, you can tell me ur budget and I'll suggest one for you.

But on the "bad" side, due to the poor data services here, you'll have to spend more on buying data packages than u used to do while on a bb os 7.
spoken my mind
Re: What's So Special About Android? by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2013
Rowybest: get a blackberry 10 and experience the new blackberry. 4get any other andriod phone.

yhu say

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Android? by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 11, 2013

as in eh

Re: What's So Special About Android? by krugar07(m): 9:18am On Nov 11, 2013

smh. anway, they always say that "the young shall grow"
Re: What's So Special About Android? by isidollarboy(m): 9:20am On Nov 11, 2013
henryskywalker2003:

bros I have a budget of 20k, what kind of HTC phone (UK used) would u recommend for me that runs on ics upwards
Re: What's So Special About Android? by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 11, 2013
henryskywalker2003:

Re: What's So Special About Android? by Defaramade(m): 11:57am On Nov 11, 2013
isidollarboy: bros I have a budget of 20k, what kind of HTC phone (UK used) would u recommend for me that runs on ics upwards
HTC sensation.
Re: What's So Special About Android? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
Once u go android u never go back... cheesy
Android is just the best

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Android? by GSKing: 9:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
carr101: Once u go android u never go back... cheesy
Android is just the best
Yh, absolutely!
plus it's added features... I loved bb... but I will never ping with my precious android.

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Android? by Ziggyzito(m): 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
Rowybest: get a blackberry 10 and experience the new blackberry. 4get any other andriod phone.
I want to believe you know nothing about phones apart from flaunting it...
Re: What's So Special About Android? by GSKing: 10:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ziggyzito: I want to believe you know nothing about phones apart from flaunting it...

that is ehn, the highest bb he uses might be curve 2 6kangry

(1) (Reply)

Bbm For Android Uses Too Much Ram / TECNOxMancity Partnership; A Great Deal or Nah? / Nairaland Phone Section Awards #NAPSA2016 Main Winners Tread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.