Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? (13523 Views)

Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But Our Genotype Is “AS” / Genotype Is Killing Me Oh / Shw Wants To Marry As A Virgin But I Can't Hold My Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by onyiidon: 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2008
I HAVE BEEN DATING A GUY FOR 3 YEARS NOW, BUT WE LATER FOUND OUT THAT BOTH OF US HAVE "AS" GENOTYPE WHEN WE WENT FOR A PRE-MARRITAL TEST.
AND NOW ARE CONFUSED, NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT, WE ARE SO MUCH IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER.
PLEASE WE NEED YOUR ADVICE, DO WE GO AHEAD WITH THE MARRIAGE OR NOT? WE KNOW MADICALLY IS NOT ADVICEABLE, BUT WE ARE SO MUCH IN LOVE AND CLOSE TO EACH OTHER THAT WE CAN NOT DO WITHOUT EACH OTHER.
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by Hannibal: 11:17pm On Jul 14, 2008
I will.
The probability of having a kid with the "SS" genotype is 25%.
It's a slim chance and i am prepared to face the risk!!!
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 14, 2008
*recycled*
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by busybody20: 12:23am On Jul 15, 2008
Why not? Love conquers all. With prayers you will probably have no SS.
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by Nobody: 2:15am On Jul 15, 2008
That 25% thing is bullshit. i know over 3 families where 3 out of 5 children are ss which is like 60%. i also know a family where nobody is a ss. i dont agree with that love conquer all thing. i dont think it is right to bring children to this world to suffer especially when you know.

I heard genotype can be checked from the womb, so if the child is ss, the pregnancy can be terminated. The decision is left to you to make.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by sayhi2ay(m): 2:20am On Jul 15, 2008
checking a genotype from the womb can cause a very costly deformity in the child,
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by chika98: 4:47am On Jul 15, 2008
Deformity yes only if it aint done right. If you go to nurse eliza to do it then you get what comes to you.
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by banging(m): 10:47am On Jul 15, 2008
Abeg, can somebody name the kind of Genotype we have:
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by nana(f): 11:00am On Jul 15, 2008
fumilola:

That 25% thing is bullshit. i know over 3 families where 3 out of 5 children are ss which is like 60%. i also know a family where nobody is a ss. i don't agree with that love conquer all thing. i don't think it is right to bring children to this world to suffer especially when you know.

I heard genotype can be checked from the womb, so if the child is ss, the pregnancy can be terminated. The decision is left to you to make.
Na wa oh! What is ur occupation? grin
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by banging(m): 11:49am On Jul 15, 2008
@ nana
Am a computer engineer
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by Godalone(m): 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2008
AS + AS = AA,AS,AS,SS. Do not take any stupid risk that love will not be able to answer its questions.By the time you have SS children (God forbid) you will know that love fades.You cannot decide the one that will come.
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by nana(f): 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2008
banging:

@ nana
Am a computer engineer
I don't remember asking U about ur occupation o. But cool sha
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by tboy1(m): 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2008
banging:

Am a computer engineer
@ banging

computer engineer = yahoo boy tongue

BTW have you told your babe yet?
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by Moyola(f): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2008
@ POSTER
huh!! . . . . .U can get married,
juzz dat u'd b riskin d lyf of one of ur kidz. undecided
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by 9jaboi1(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2008
@topic
I can, but I won't.
Love might be blind, bt love also gt brains.
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2008
9ja boi:

@topic
I can, but I won't.
Love might be blind, bt love also gt brains.
roflmao
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by 9jaboi1(m): 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2008
angry
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2008
what?
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by karlken(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2008
Its never an easy decision in practice.Medically,its not advisable.The pobability of having a sickler is 25% per pregnancy.Both of you have to fully appreciate this and agree on remaining in love in the event of the worst case scenario.Good luck! wink
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by trusted(m): 9:48am On Jul 16, 2010
I have a brother who him and his wife are both AS and have three children with all AA genotype. So the decision is your if you will take the risk. Both couple been AS does not stamp it that you will surely have SS child. It is 50% AA, 25% AS and 25% SS on every pregnancy. So Decide.
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by Analissa(f): 1:18am On Jul 17, 2010
trusted:

It is 50% AA, 25% AS and 25% SS on every pregnancy.

Actually its 25% AA 50% AS 25% SS
@poster if you dont want to take the risk, you could either not have children or adopt. Having an SS child is not an easy thing so consider your options carefully and decide if it's worth the risk.
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by mylove4him(f): 11:38am On Jul 17, 2010
I won't even if i can, when the wahala with SS crisis starts that love will fly out of the window. please save yourself some stress and don't mortgage your children future. Most times we should use our to reason and not with our heart.
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by adedayoone: 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2010
I think you shouldnt , yes the probability of you having a kid that is SS is 1/4, thats just mathematics man , this is real life and sometimes its just not what you expect . Love conquers all ? I am sure you love your unborn children so dont put them through the pain .
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by deoyel25(m): 11:49pm On Jul 17, 2010
Dont even try it. Though it might not be easy to quit the relationship at this stage but it is the best option for you. The money you spend on one 'SS' child is enough to take care of 4 healthy children. After spending a lot of money, the child eventually dies before age 25. So, what is the gain? Its better you cry now (after breaking up) so that you wont cry later (after your 'SS' child dies). The child will even blame you for taking such decision in the first place. Majority of the people that did it in the time past, did it because of ignorance. But now, you have no excuse because you know the implication of the risky decision you are about to take. Read my signature below. "A word is enough for the wise."
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by oyebanji(m): 3:46am On Jul 18, 2010
I think it will not be fair on the unborn child. What if the child is S.S? Why would you want an innocent child to go thru a life of pains and sadness?

I think it is a risk that no nice and sane person should take, not in this age!
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by dalad: 8:53am On Jul 18, 2010
how about umarrying an ss. wats ur opinion.
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by KokoletteG: 9:15pm On Jul 19, 2010
going ahead with it ; is very selfish ; u know ur child would not live long, and the child will be sick most of the days, its very bad to go on with it , or maybe u guys can marry and decide to adopt a child , ( if love is soo much)
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by MOBO444(f): 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2010
It will be wrong to marry same AS and AS.
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by obagirlie(f): 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2013
onyiidon: I HAVE BEEN DATING A GUY FOR 3 YEARS NOW, BUT WE LATER FOUND OUT THAT BOTH OF US HAVE "AS" GENOTYPE WHEN WE WENT FOR A PRE-MARRITAL TEST.
AND NOW ARE CONFUSED, NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT, WE ARE SO MUCH IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER.
PLEASE WE NEED YOUR ADVICE, DO WE GO AHEAD WITH THE MARRIAGE OR NOT? WE KNOW MADICALLY IS NOT ADVICEABLE, BUT WE ARE SO MUCH IN LOVE AND CLOSE TO EACH OTHER THAT WE CAN NOT DO WITHOUT EACH OTHER.
it will be very selfish of u to get married despite the fact that u both are as.I have a boyfriend now that is ss and whenever he is having one of his crisis as ss, I always blame his parent from bringing him into the world to suffer.pls make the right choice cos if u think love conquers all wait till u have a child that is always in pain and u know that u are the cause. I will advise u to learn more about ss and know the kind of pain they go through, having a child that may be deform just because they are ss, or a child that might have internal organ damage just because of their genotype. pls think wise cos if u have really stay close to someone suffering as a result of being an ss, u will think twice about having d probability of bringing such child into the world.
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by hakeemolayinka91(m): 11:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
it is better not to go for it.
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by phcdoctor: 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Life generally is a risk, samething applicable to me wih I av taken as destine, duo medically is nt advise able bt with love and prayer its well.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Can You Marry "as" If Your Genotype Is "as"? by Wokeyim(f): 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
Dear Poster, I won't advise you go into such marriage oh. I've lost at least three people I know to this SS thing. However with recent medical science you can select the genotype of your child even before conception through IVF and PHGD but these methods cost a lot and not 100percent success is asssured. So if your partner or both of you are financially buoyant enough to consider spending over 3million naira on trying to have each child, then you can get married.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Differences Between A Slim Girl And A Fat Girl In The Other Room. / My Girlfriend Is Going For NYSC, Should I Trust Her(photo) / Ladies, Is Sex Without Orgasm Enjoyable For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.