Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Mary J In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mary J In Nigeria (3036 Views)

Dbanj To Perform With Usher, Mary J. Blige At Global Citizen 2015 Earth Day / Mary J Blige Performing In Nigeria (Pictures) / Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary J In Nigeria by RedHotChic(f): 4:23am On Jul 15, 2008
mary J in lagos july 14th 2008

Rihanna(went back to Nigeria again after yabbing Naija on BET last year) Shame on her:
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by RedHotChic(f): 4:25am On Jul 15, 2008
Naomi Campbell and British/Ghananian designer, Ozwald Boateng In Abuja july 11th:
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by RedHotChic(f): 4:27am On Jul 15, 2008
Naomi Campbell with Nigerian media mogul, Nduka Obiagbena(notice his big belle):
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:28am On Jul 15, 2008
I noticed his big belle oooo grin
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by RedHotChic(f): 4:29am On Jul 15, 2008
More mary J(my girl)

1 Like

Re: Mary J In Nigeria by RedHotChic(f): 4:32am On Jul 15, 2008
I noticed his big belle oooo

I'm sure Naomi Campbell will be like "Who's this fat African man with 12 wives beside a hot chic like me"?

You know she has anger problem, He's even lucky she didn't slap him before she left(He was dwarfed by the chic too).

Don't be surprised he'll still hit on her with that big belle and short height, Nigerian men!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by RedHotChic(f): 4:33am On Jul 15, 2008
Yaradua in japan(july 6)

Re: Mary J In Nigeria by Abbygyal(f): 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2008
rihanna dey enjoy
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2008
RedHotChic:

Yaradua in japan(july 6)

Red

wetin dis pic dey do here?

@ topic

What did Mary J say this time?

Or did Rihanna yab us again ni?

i saw the concert on Tv and I think the old lady is cool
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2008
If Nigerians had any pride, they would have questioned Rhianna about her stupid utterances the last time she was there.
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by ladyu1: 6:11pm On Jul 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

If Nigerians had any pride, they would have questioned Rhianna about her stupid utterances the last time she was there.

im sure they would have evn worshipped her wen she came again
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by savanaha: 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2008
What did Rhinna say about Nigerians?
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2008
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by naijadiva2(f): 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

well if you're in nigeria, you probably wouldn't have heard about it cuz even in the america, her comments werent' really broadcast for the world to hear. i didn't even know about it until i read about it on NL.
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2008
@ naija diva

true.

It;s only on Nigerian blogs and sites u'll find 'em out
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2008
naija_diva:

well if you're in nigeria, you probably wouldn't have heard about it because even in the america, her comments werent' really broadcast for the world to hear. i didn't even know about it until i read about it on Nairaland.

Actually it was all over the internet and also on that BET music show. I assume people who have over 120,000 naira for a ticket to such concert would also be able to afford internet access
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by naijadiva2(f): 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

Actually it was all over the internet and also on that BET music show. I assume people who have over 120,000 naira for a ticket to such concert would also be able to afford internet access

and how many people worldwide have BET? Bet can't even satisfy their ameican viewers not to talk of international. and all over the internet doesn't make it gobal or top news. if you're not looking for it, you're not going to see. nigerians got the info through nigerian sites/blog. so a mexican or russian would not be aware of this unless they are looking for nigerian info and happened to run into "rihanna in nigeria" blog.
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by londoner: 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2008
I'm not mad at Rhianna at all for saying it was rough, is it any different to what the average Nigerian harps on about Nigeria after returning from a trip? If it was true, I dont blame her for saying it. I myself never used tap water to brush my teeth while in Nigeria, I used bottled water to do so, for two months!

Rather than criticise people for seeing the bad side to Nigeria that we all see when we visit, I wait for the day when they will have no CAUSE to say anything negative about Nigeria.

This time, Rhianna went to Abuja, I'm sure her impression will have changed.
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2008
Im sure she wasnt placed in a crappy place for her to be whining about water.

At home, we have a borehole and i use the water for whatever and I've yet to be sick.
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by naijadiva2(f): 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2008
londoner:

I'm not mad at Rhianna at all for saying it was rough, is it any different to what the average Nigerian harps on about Nigeria after returning from a trip? If it was true, I don't blame her for saying it. I myself never used tap water to brush my teeth while in Nigeria, I used bottled water to do so, for two months!
Rather than criticise people for seeing the bad side to Nigeria that we all see when we visit, I wait for the day when they will have no CAUSE to say anything negative about Nigeria.

This time, Rhianna went to Abuja, I'm sure her impression will have changed.

using bottled water was time consuming for me, after day 1, i was like bump this and i used the tap water and was perfectly fine.
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by londoner: 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2008
On a two month stay, I really was not going to chance it. I bought crates of water to drink anyway, so it wasn't as burdensome. I really dont want to find myself sick in Nigeria, besides I had just lost an aunt a few weeks earlier due to her being given substandard drugs.

We can be mad at Rhianna all we want, but she is not the only one to have a negative experience in Nigeria.

Especially, in that hell hole Lagos, lol
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by RedHotChic(f): 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2008
[quote]If Nigerians had any pride, they would have questioned Rhianna about her stupid utterances the last time she was there.
[/quote]
True talk!!!!
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by RedHotChic(f): 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2008
On a two month stay, I really was not going to chance it. I bought crates of water to drink anyway, so it wasn't as burdensome. I really don't want to find myself sick in Nigeria, besides I had just lost an aunt a few weeks earlier due to her being given substandard drugs.

Nigerian tap water is even better and healthier than that hard water that runs from London taps. What are you talking about?
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by jaquan(m): 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2008
mary j is way too ghetto.
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by SeanT21(f): 2:04am On Jul 16, 2008
jaquan:

mary j is way too ghetto.

how is she ghetto?
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 8:02am On Jul 16, 2008
!
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by londoner: 9:20am On Jul 16, 2008
@ redhotchic, most people in London drink bottled water rather than from the tap also.

My issue is really that I really did not want to fall sick in Nigeria. If I chose to buy bottled water with my own money, its really my own business.

Some of the diseases that people get from the dirty water in some places in Nigeria, are unheard of in london (or anywhere in the western world for that matter), even with Londons hard and chlorinated tap water, thats the truth.

Ever heard of someone getting cholera or typhoid in london from the water?
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by jkpretty(f): 9:53am On Jul 16, 2008
OHHHHHHH londonder or what ever the shit u call your name, would u please shut the F uck up!!!

What's all this your lamentations and songs of Solomon about u not using tap water but bottled water, Like who cares & what diseases are u all about that u don't have already.

Now that u make us believe u are not in Nigeria, where the hell are u, heaven undecided that u so feel that its so much like paradise and can't stand a chance of any ailment. . .

Gosh. . . how i hate this likes on Nairaland, making an awareness of their cheapness. angry
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by londoner: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2008
@ Jkpretty, are you finished yet?

There really must be something in the water, its making you unstable, lol

Disagree if you like, but at least act like you have some class dear.

grin
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by Pataki: 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2008
londoner:

@ redhotchic, most people in London drink bottled water rather than from the tap also.
Even if you want to lie, lie with some adequate measure of sense. You are perfectly senseless with this lie of yours. Most people in London drink bottled water rather than tap water? grin cheesy cheesy Atrocious!!!

Where did you get your statistics from about bottled water to tap water?

Sometimes, I get tired of all this second-third generation immigrants who think that they can run their mouth here and there simply because you are in Obodo Oyinbo. I cannot shit in Nigeria, the sun is too much in Nigeria, I cannot drink water from Nigeria, I cannot brush my teeth with Nigerian water, I cannot this, I cannot that. . . . . as if it is not the same Muritala Airport you once took to enter Obodo Oyinbo. . . . . Absolute nonsense. sad
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by Chat2MeBac(f): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2008
@topic
Y'all ease the f.uck off Rihanna, Did she lie or said anything that she didnt experience? If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it is a freakum duck. Barbados is Limestone, therefore they have NO rivers, Their water tastes like rust, I hate their white sand beaches,(because my beaches are grey). I cannot stand their accents, getting anywhere yet/ The point is, as beautiful as Barbados is, I still go there and criticise them. So she is at liberty to say whatever she wants.AFterall, it's called FREEDOM of SPEECH,

@Jk, darl, what's up?? wink
Re: Mary J In Nigeria by londoner: 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2008
Pataki:

Even if you want to lie, lie with some adequate measure of sense. You are perfectly senseless with this lie of yours. Most people in London drink bottled water rather than tap water? grin cheesy cheesy Atrocious!!!

Where did you get your statistics from about bottled water to tap water?

Sometimes, I get tired of all this second-third generation immigrants who think that they can run their mouth here and there simply because you are in Obodo Oyinbo. I cannot shit in Nigeria, the sun is too much in Nigeria, I cannot drink water from Nigeria, I cannot brush my teeth with Nigerian water, I cannot this, I cannot that. . . . . as if it is not the same Muritala Airport you once took to enter Obodo Oyinbo. . . . . Absolute nonsense. sad

Most people I know drink bottled water rather than tap. Even in Nigeria, if someone offers you water to drink will it not usually be swan? Or do they get it from the tap? They give bottled water.

Sweetie, I was born and raised in London, I think I should know. Most people I know here will have bottled water or at least filtered tap water to drink, especially with the amount of chlorine which is in it.

People can rant and rave all they like, the truth is that people are getting cholera/ typhoid etc in some places in Nigeria from unsafe water.
There was a report on an outbreak just yesterday.

I don't want to get sick in Nigeria at all.
No point getting upset about it, lol

Its so funny how super sensitive Nigerians can be, lol

BTW I have no problem shitting in Nigeria, or enjoying the sun, thanks.
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Couple Of D Year / IK Ogbonna's Wife Shares New Photos Of Her Son / Custom-made Nigerian Native Attires On Sale-Pay on Delivery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.