Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,219 members, 7,860,387 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l - Education (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l (39686 Views)

12 Useful Math Hacks That They Didn't Teach You In School / Nairaland Math Quiz Competition Loading...(suggestions Needed) / 10 Year Old Nigerian Math Genius, Esther Okade Plans To Build A Bank By Age 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
Alpha Maximus: ....The grammar I use in my questions is appropriate from my point of view. The only downside is that it could be confusing at times, and that's why this is a competition. I'll be very specific in the future.

Great! Now let's go for a bottle of.... Do you dig beer? smiley
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 6:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
All complaints should be sent through pm or mail msgs henceforth.

participants should not complain on this thread or risk being disqualified.

as for the score board, it won't be changed anymore

we'll continue from where we stopped by 1pm 2mao

Thanks Quiz master Alphamaximus, you did a great job 2day despite your tight schedule
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by denniece1(m): 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sorry richiez i made my last post without seeiing ur warning,u can hide it
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by akpos4uall(m): 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
JungleboyT: D sum of 6th and 8th term of an Ap is 20, while d ratio of 3rd and 5th term is 10. Find d product of d 13th term, add it up by twice d common difference then divide by 3. Leave ur answer in 3 significant figure.
This may not be the right time/space for this question but this your question get k-leg because you asked that we should " find d product of d 13th term" ...it should be product of d 13th term and something else
I'm certain something is missing because you can't find the product of a single number/term only... There must be at least two numbers/terms
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by bitex2(m): 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
JungleboyT: D sum of 6th and 8th term of an Ap is 20, while d ratio of 3rd and 5th term is 10. Find d product of d 13th term, add it up by twice d common difference then divide by 3. Leave ur answer in 3 significant figure.
let the T1=a
and common difference=d
T6=a+5d
T8=a+7d
but T6+T8=2a+12d=20
2a+12d=20
a+6d=10---eqn1
T3/T5=a+2d/a+4d=10
a+2d=10a+40d
9a+38d=0---eqn2
solve simultaneously to obtain
a= -95/4
d=45/8
T13=a+12d
T13 +2d/3
=a+14d/3= -95/4+14(45/cool/3
=55/3=18.33...
=18.3(3s.f)
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
@Richiez

Hey, I've got an idea for the next quiz competition. I want to suggest you let gurus like jackpot, benbuks, maximus, laplacian, etc. prepare questions ALONG WITH SOLUTIONS and send to you. You may even say something like '10 questions on .... topic and 10 on ... etc. All sent questions can be compiled as you desire. These compiled questions and answers can be shared with a guru of your choosing. Either of you can post questions and supply answers if the HOUSE fail to do so. I'm suggesting this so that things'll be easy for you guys.

You guys did a great job today. Don't worry about that 1 point. Leave the scoreboard the way it is.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AmazingAngel(f): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2013
М̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ό̲̣̣̣̥я̲̣̣̥и̲̮̣̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇и̲̮̣̥̅̊G̲̣̣̣̥ guys,gudluck to u guys tosay,me don loss hope o,buh I will see u guys by 1pm
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 19, 2013
@Amazing Angel

Ok. See you around.

**There goes the last female in the competition**sad
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
smurfy: @Richiez

Hey, I've got an idea for the next quiz competition. I want to suggest you let gurus like jackpot, benbuks, maximus, laplacian, etc. prepare questions ALONG WITH SOLUTIONS and send to you. You may even say something like '10 questions on .... topic and 10 on ... etc. All sent questions can be compiled as you desire. These compiled questions and answers can be shared with a guru of your choosing. Either of you can post questions and supply answers if the HOUSE fail to do so. I'm suggesting this so that things'll be easy for you guys.

You guys did a great job today. Don't worry about that 1 point. Leave the scoreboard the way it is.
Good suggestion but we already do that, as per , set the questions and send solutions to each other(quizmasters).
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Good suggestion but we already do that, as per , set the questions and send solutions to each other(quizmasters).

Ok. We're sorry about yesterday.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Good suggestion but we already do that, as per , set the questions and send solutions to each other(quizmasters).
grt boss.gud afternun o...i really love d grt wrk u are doing o...thumbs up 4 u o.....nice wrk sir...i wish u best of luck as u discharge ur duty 2day....GOD IS UR STRENGTH SIR.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
smurfy:

Ok. We're sorry about yesterday.
hmmn.....yesterday! yesterday!! yesterday!!! was a real show of aggresion.....bt thank GOD dat we all knew dat wat we did was wrong....@smurfy, amazing angel(a woman that is as strong as a man),factorial,kendzyma,jaryeh,logodwhiz,tohyban.......i hail all of u o......@d coordinators gud wrk...welldone.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
aysuccess99:
grt boss.gud afternun o...i really love d grt wrk u are doing o...thumbs up 4 u o.....nice wrk sir...i wish u best of luck as u discharge ur duty 2day....GOD IS UR STRENGTH SIR.
Thanks a lot my good man! I will put my best foot forward today.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
my regards to y'all!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by echibuzor: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2013
Afternoon y'all. Maximus, Great work yesterday... More Power
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by denniece1(m): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
Yeah....goodu afternoonu everybody...good day to solve maths grin
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AmazingAngel(f): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
Richiez,wen will we start Ω̴̩̩̩̥α
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Fynestboi: 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
Is there any show down today?
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
hehe... ise esu ree o... Oya @ay pray for us, coz my sim dey ryt sim card reg. fail for here ni o, I had to off the phone and on it back! Prayer section!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Fynestboi: 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
Amazing Angel: Richiez,wen will we start Ω̴̩̩̩̥α
1pm
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
Fynestboi: Is there any show down today?
i don't think that would happen today o my good coord.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Fynestboi: 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
aysuccess99:
i don't think that would happen today o my good coord.
but richiez said 1pm?
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
*winks*wink ...@angel
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Fynestboi: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
Any of the quiz master around?
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
1 mb remaining
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Richiez(m): 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen! and welcome once again to the First ever Nairaland Math Quiz competition.

Today, we shall continue with and Conclude Round 4. as we all know, Round 4 is tagged 'The Last Screening'

This means that this round precedes the 'finals' and so i advise all participants to put in their best today.
You never can tell if you'll be among those selected for the finals.

math lovers, although today's quiz will be very brief, it may be the one in which you might learn something new.

YES! The Quiz masters have proven to be jack of one trade, master of one.... and that is setting exceptional technical maths questions

Let's get the ball rolling!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 1:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
@kendyzma, lowkey tinx abi...;? Iyen na make sence boss

Note: 3 questions r all what we'll be question'd on for 2day, to know those who are qualified for the FINAL, won't I run sha...? I no fit face my ogas'....

#Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (63) (Reply)

Secondary School Where Students Sit On The Floor For Classes In Lagos (Photos) / Nigerian Universities Break Into Top 500 World University Ranking / 12 New Federal Universities Approved As 2nd Choice By JAMB For 2017 Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.