Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport (38303 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 13, 2013
bintalabi:

"Ibadan glorified village" o p o n u is what u are

what is glorified?
all yorubaland capitals look like some busy ancient village Like that
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by debeey87(m): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2013
Pink!:
On a side note, I don't know why folks keep complaining about paying to use the trolley. All the airports I've used/passed through, I've always paid. How in the world would the trollies be maintained if there's no charge attached to it.
Let's be reasonable in our complaints pls.

Sorry chief,not all airport does. At least not In Dubai
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by donodion(m): 11:08am On Nov 13, 2013
Hello House,

Please can someone honestly tell me how many international airports we have in Nigeria, Besides MMA and Nnamdi Azikwe at Abuja?.

Also id like someone to help me with the news article about how many BILLIONS OF NAIRA had been sunk into MMA International airport at Lagos.

To the poster and write of the article,thank you
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Saintp(m): 11:10am On Nov 13, 2013
@ Insincerenigerian,

As usual, u are taking it to be critical of the govt.If u understood the piece, the writer put the balme on we nigerians not jus the govt.

like i have always said, our problem is not jus the leaders but ourselves. majority of Nigerians lack honesty,integrity and patrotism.

Each time i arrive at that airport from abroad,its always very clear i have entered a badly managed country. Instead of us to unite to fight for a better nation, we further divide ourselves along tribal n religious lines. How then can we make progress?

The truth is that i have given up on the country, i wish i was not saying this. I dont really see a possibilty of Nigeria of our dreams except a character transformation of Nigerians which i dont think its possible.

3 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by fpeter(f): 11:13am On Nov 13, 2013
slim fit :
That's why my child would not come to Nigeria again, never he said. He said people were behaving like animals no offence. He reminded me of me too much. Like father like daughter. Even a monkey has better organisation than us.

Its like we deliberately make simple things look difficult. Can you imagine.

who's loss if your child doesn't come?
mstchhhheeeeew! as long as you are
not white,you will always be treated
as second class citizen in a foreign land....
Nigeria is the only home you'll ever
be truly free....so build it and quit
blabbing.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by olumidazz: 11:15am On Nov 13, 2013
@ pink you obviously haven't been outside the country before, that's why your thoughts about trolleys are constrained, you are by all intent and purpose a dana air major so, keep that latrine mouth of yours shot and presently shot also.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by micfoley: 11:16am On Nov 13, 2013
I have wanted to talk about this for a while. OP is very much on point. As stated, even smaller African countries have much better airports. Just returned from Ivory coast few days ago and the fact is you cannot compare MMIA with the Felix Houphoet Boigny Airport in Abidjan . I recall what happened when we arrived on Sunday. We were waiting to receive our checked in luggage and we kept running from one conveyor belt to the other in the heat. This was simply because there was no sign /notice stating which conveyor belt was conveying luggage for which airline. It was very shameful and a colleague took time to lambast the airport officials present.
As for comparing the campus of the Felix Houphoet Boigny University to any in Nigeria.......... I leave that for another thread.
Lest I forget, trolleys are free in the Abidjan airport.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 13, 2013
ngozievergreen:

what is glorified?
all yorubaland capitals look like some busy ancient village Like that

Small girl, stop looking for trouble. Bad as e bad, ibadan still better pass everywhere for south east.

4 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sCun: 11:23am On Nov 13, 2013
saxywale: thank God the article was not written by a yoruba man. lol
is ''Omojuwa'' an Igbo name?
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by bakynes(m): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2013
I don't like the way youths on this forum are going abt tribal sentiments. Stella oduah is nt doing anything, the renovations are on paper nt on ground dis article has just proved it. I came back to Nigeria from England in March this year and when we got out of the plane, I almost fell coz of so many damaged tiles, it was like we were in the oven considering the fact I was coming from a harsh winter. As a matter of fact we don't have an aviation Ministry. Any time I read igbo folks saying Fashola is an over hyped governor dis dat, I say to myself is dis beef or just unneccessary hate towards anytin Yoruba bcoz no one in this Nigeria will visit lagos and not respect that man,he is a disciplinarian, hardworking visit almost all the projects going on and personally inspects d project. You can condemn other south west Governors bt nt Fashola, your people in Lagos can testify to what he is doing and we need a man like him to lead this Nation.

3 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by danjalingo: 11:24am On Nov 13, 2013
SLIDE waxie: can't wait!

i'm currently supervising a construction work at the SAHCOH warehouse at the cargo terminal and i tell u, i can't just be posting pix for the sorry state...

The feds are failure..big time!
who caused all these rottenness, Jonathan?
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by losprince(m): 11:25am On Nov 13, 2013
Yomieluv: Its so shameful that despite being refer to as the giant of Africa,we are a laughing stock.. Our leaders are very wicked to allow us generate to this level.

If our leaders can allow the Badagry express road to become a death trap,an international road,then anything can happen in Nigeria.

In summary,our leader are shameless,and visionless.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by phuckNL: 11:25am On Nov 13, 2013
donodion: Hello House,

Please can someone honestly tell me how many international airports we have in Nigeria, Besides MMA and Nnamdi Azikwe at Abuja?.

Also id like someone to help me with the news article about how many BILLIONS OF NAIRA had been sunk into MMA International airport at Lagos.

To the poster and write of the article,thank you

I think that's the question everyone needs to start asking. What is the nation doing with the TAXES received from airlines. Why isn't there accountability? The number of flights originating/departing at MMIA alone, can self sustain that airport. What is the govt using the money for.
In the ideal world, the entire MMIA in its current state should be one single departure gate, while extensions for other gets should've been built since one million years ago. How hard is it to just use revenue from all these taxes to fix the airport. As for the smell, that one is a long thing.
If I have to use the bathroom at MMIA, I would rather piss on the immigration guys desk. I'd rather be arrested than catch NOSE cancer from those toilets.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Ammanda(f): 11:27am On Nov 13, 2013
All these airports have management
Money is been allocated annually for maintenance and upgrade but they siphon
These money and don nothing about the mess
The management of the airport should be queried

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by PrinceJustice(m): 11:31am On Nov 13, 2013
Errrrm, wat of NNAMDI AZIKWE INT'L AIRPORT ABUJA?
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2013
Punch photocopiers smh!
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by olysa12: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2013
bcomputer101:
Source: www.punchng.com/opinion/the-shame-called-murtala-muhammed-international-airport/
Nice piece of work. It's pathetic and shameful that we found ourselves in this state upon all the gift God endowed us with. As rightly said by the writer, our problem is not money, but men that lacks conscience that calls themselves leaders of this country. Is it not the same airport Ms Stella Oduah spent billions of naira renovating? Is it that the money for the renovation that of cooling system was not included in the budget? So many questions but few answers to Nigerian problem. God will only save us when we make an effort to save ourselves.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by tete7000(m): 11:37am On Nov 13, 2013
What OP wrote concerning Muritala airport is one thing that is ever evident in our life as a people. We are a people who put money before every other things. We will rather prefer our systems and institutions fail than for us not to get pecuniary benefits when those things work. It is for this reason that our system are setup to make it easy for people to extort others. Corruption for us is a culture, a way of life on which many subsists and without which many think they will die. We all cry to high heaven, accusing our leaders of corrupt practices but if all avenues of making quick and cheap money are to be eradicated large percentage of citizenry will vehemently oppose it.
It is rather really unfortunate that when quick rich syndrome occupy the psyche of a nation, the attendant consequence is abysmal failure of social system and infrastructure; the type evident in Muritala airport and in many aspects of our national life. I am one person that has always believe that individual resolve on our part to do right in our various capacity is the only thing that can save us as a nation. Let teachers teach well, doctors do well and everyone else be willing to make sacrifice and we shall with time see all coming together to yield a collective result.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sCun: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2013
Gregzee: List of Nigerian Aviation Ministers...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Aviation_ministers_of_Nigeria
Babatunde Omotoba
Babalola Borishade
Olusegun Agagu
Femi Fani-Kayode
Kema Chikwe
Felix Hyatt
Stella Oduah
Hmm this list is wonderful! We now know the axis where the rot comes from.
Babalola shame on you!
Olusegun shame on you!
Femi shame on you!

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by bakynes(m): 11:39am On Nov 13, 2013
That is why I believe Nigeria will get worse under Jonathan, I voted for him so don't castigate me. A president that wants change in all Sector needs to do a lot of visitation and inspection. Visit the Airports, look around and inspect urself who ever is found wanting get dem sacked, give them an Ultimatum that way everyone in each ministry will seat up. In this Nigeria, if u want something done,get down there yourself. If ur into Business and u put someone in ur shop to manage it, they will run it down for u so get down there and inspect. That is why I still respect likes of Fashola and Akpabio. Weeks back a road in my area was abandoned by the contractors, Fashola came and told off the contractors, gave them an ultimatum and nw they work day in day out to complete the project.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sCun: 11:42am On Nov 13, 2013
haibe: We really need fashola to become president, in two years nigeria will become at least like Ghana.

I just wish that fashola man will contest for presidency, people go too vote for am.
You are a big fool! See your useless ambition. Are we supposed to move forward or backward?

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Abjinstaller: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2013
We are tired of this fresh. Nigerians don't know their problem
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by omar22(m): 11:48am On Nov 13, 2013
The next minute the butt kissing Stella whatever her is, fan club will be praising her through the roof

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by JoBabs(m): 11:49am On Nov 13, 2013
Dis Guy:

##gbam!

that's the outcome of #225mln car scandal... By our NCAA...
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by theoctopus: 11:50am On Nov 13, 2013
You know a typical APC campaign thread when you see one. Apc has reintroduced tribalism, sectionalism and division to Nigeria as a whole. The only thing that makes me laugh is that they actually believe this move will favour them. We'll see about that. cheesy
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by capricon: 11:50am On Nov 13, 2013
bloggernaija: There has been a deliberate attempt to run down Lagos ,and in extension,the entire SW.
If it were possible to cart away the Atlantic Ocean to Abuja ,they would have done so already.
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND ALL THE OTHER STATES APART FROM THE (NIGER DELTA )KEEP TAKING AND NOT GIVING ANYTHING BACK.
They have tried all they could to cart away the corporate sector ,including banking ,telecommunications etc.
But guess what,the people who make things happen and make it rain(the Yorubas ,foriegn investors )are not interested.
If they decide to move a fraction of their investment to iwo today,it automatically becomes the "It" place.
In fact, Ibadan stands a better chance of rivalling Lagos than any other place and that shows in the number of foreigners who already live and work there.

Too much fraudsters in ibadan. Sorry
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 13, 2013
They abuse Fashola ,yet they prefer dieing in Lagos than go to their glorified hometown.
When he deports them they cry ,when he does his work they cry, wetin you want make the man do?
If you can't stand the heat ,get the Bleep out of the kitchen . #Fool1sh id1ots.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by theoctopus: 11:52am On Nov 13, 2013
sCun: You are a big fool! See your useless ambition. Are we supposed to move forward or backward?

You should know that promoting.that crook Fashola and apc is the point of the whole thread. Can't you see all the paid agents on NL are fallen over themselves to talk trash? cheesy
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 13, 2013
capricon:

Too much fraudsters in ibadan. Sorry

If you count 1 in ibadan ,you will count 10000 in the east.

I wonder where the guy man's in the sw are from?

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by theoctopus: 11:54am On Nov 13, 2013
Tadon200: They abuse Fashola ,yet they prefer dieing in Lagos than go to their glorified hometown.
When he deports them they cry ,when he does his work they cry, wetin you want make the man do?
If you can't stand the heat ,get the Bleep out of the kitchen . #Fool1sh id1ots.

Fashola did not build Lagos. His contribution to Lagos is insignificant. He is just a cheap concession crook. A proxy through whom Tinubu is stealing billions.
Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by sonickay(m): 11:55am On Nov 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I'll be back to return fire to the fool, who wrote the above one-sided article, which is nothing but another heap of rubbish, coming from the usual axis of EVIL- Tinubu Punch.
he will NEVER COME BACK I bet! "Beaf" knows better.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 13, 2013
theoctopus:

You should know that promoting.that crook Fashola and apc is the point of the whole thread. Can't you see all the paid agents on NL are fallen over themselves to talk trash? cheesy
Yes we know ,he is 100 times better than your glorified Jonathan.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kenya's Electric Okada (Boda Boda) / Struggles Of Two Nigerians At A US Airport / El-Rufai Builds Kabala Costain 230m Bridge (Kaduna Urban Renewal Project)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.