Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? (12195 Views)

Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In / How Many Shoes Should An Average Man/lady Have / Discussion: Dear Men, How Long Can The Average Man Go Without Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by cutebobo(m): 10:17am On Nov 13, 2013
Gov. Fashola as been a man of great vision for lagos but to me, all his policies as not always been in favour of an average resident of lagos. For example, the stopping of commercial bikes from some areas, the restriction of keke napep, now the restriction of commercial vehicle to 8 hours work a day. I have been to some city in nigeria like ijebu, abeokuta, ekiti and found out Ibadan is still much more bearable to ordinary man compare to all these cities. Though Ijebu, ekiti abeokuta govt as not done anything to worsen the life of some people even though the standard of living there is high. Most people do ask me if I will like to live in Lagos which is like a small london to some people, but will say no which as always been a thing of surprise to them. I love ibadan. Ajisebi Oyo lari, Oyo kise egbe baba enikankan. How do u find the policies of GOV. Fashola? The question goes to all even if u are not a resident of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by sexymoma(f): 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nothing Annoys me most than the way we usually que at agege to get a bus going to alausa... You go que so tey all the make up wey you wear go don wipe off before you reach work... All because he banned okada men..

As in real que o.
Que wey go be like say you wan collect fee lunch.

8 Likes

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by oduason: 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
sexymoma: .
kekakuz: e
BUSTEDcheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Eneze1(f): 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
sexymoma: .

u sef dey reserve space, got u grin
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by kambili999(f): 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
iv been asked this before n i still go with d saying that if u feel u cant cope with the rules its best u find a place dat u can cope with its rules. In Kat deluna's voice* am i dreaming*
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by kekakuz(m): 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
space for sell
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Jabioro: 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
If u can bear or abide with the law of d land..u can shift 2 other town,like my village.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Tbeiz: 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Personally, I think Lagos is expensive. If you consider the average income of people to the standard of living,you would agree with me.
In some other states ,minimum wage can still hold up but not in Lagos.
You need an average of N40,000 to N80,000 to really live in Lasgidi.
*Heavy Sigh*
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by oduason: 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
kekakuz: what am about to say now is very silly and never gets old

first to comment
yes
yes i did it.wow

for your question well i dont know av never been to lagos b4
Which village are you living inshockedshockedshockedshocked

1 Like

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Lilimax(f): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Banning commercial bikes (Okada)in some Lagos highways is a step in the right direction.
A lot of them are constituting nuisance to traffics sad

The restriction of commercial vehicle to 8 hours work a day ...
Let's see how it goes?
Tracking of vehicles may not be very easy undecided?

In summary, Lagos is still bearable compare to other states in the country?

1 Like

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by eminikansoso(m): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
eko akete, eko iluogbon, aromisale
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
The policies in Lagos are tame if comparing them to the ones in Abuja especially transportation. From the El-Rufai cabs and buses of 2002-2007 which were later scrapped overnight. Causing undue hardship to many. Now the newly inaugurated Chevys that are bloody expensive. Don't forget green buses are not allowed to ply the city centre nor are cabs allowed into gated estates. Okada is banned in some areas too. The truth is, you just cant compare the issues respective state governments face especially with regards to population. With increasing population, comes increase in urbanization and here in this part of the world- both easily lead to increase in crime and lawlessness. Fash is just trying to curb that i think.

2 Likes

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Wizdray: 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lagos?
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Niseamaka(m): 4:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
cute bobo: Gov. Fashola as been a man of great vision for lagos but to me, all his policies as not always been in favour of an average resident of lagos. For example, the stopping of commercial bikes from some areas, the restriction of keke napep, now the restriction of commercial vehicle to 8 hours work a day. I have been to some city in nigeria like ijebu, abeokuta, ekiti and found out Ibadan is still much more bearable to ordinary man compare to all these cities. Though Ijebu, ekiti abeokuta govt as not done anything to worsen the life of some people even though the standard of living there is high. Most people do ask me if I will like to live in Lagos which is like a small london to some people, but will say no which as always been a thing of surprise to them. I love ibadan. Ajisebi Oyo lari, Oyo kise egbe baba enikankan. How do u find the policies of GOV. Fashola? The question goes to all even if u are not a resident of Lagos.

Lagos is the most chaotic city I have ever visited. The perenial traffic jams, over-population, noise and air polution made Lagos very unattractive to live in. An ABC reporter once described Lagos as a disgrace of a city.

1 Like

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by sexymoma(f): 4:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
Eneze1:

u sef dey reserve space, got u grin
ah sisi mii na brain we need for this nairaland o else dem go carry inside sack. grin
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by ilebaami: 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lagos can only become more commercial, less industrial and agrarian. It will become more high cost environment.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by tiamiyukunle69(m): 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
I really dont think it's easy for an average earner to live conviniently in Lagos considering the high cost of living except you want to reside in Lagos surbub. I live in Ibadan. It's less stressful here with moderate cost and standard of living. Okada and Keke Napep ply all roads without any form of restriction

2 Likes

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by packman: 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
[size=20pt]POINT OF CORRECTION @OP.......

IT HAS NEVER BEING BEARABLE FOR AN AVERAGE MAN IN LAGOS ................ angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

BUT OGA POLICY MAKER B.R.F MADE WORST FOR MEHN........ angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I CANT GO OUT TO VOTE FOR THAT MAN FOR ANY REASON...... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

IF THEY LIKE THEY SHOULD SAY HE IS NIGERIA MESSIAH....... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by dayokanu(m): 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
Then live wherever is bearable be it Ibadan, Ijebu or Ekiti

1 Like

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Mannastoress: 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
LAGOS IS A DISGRACE - VISIT OTHER CITIES IN THE SOUTH SOUTH A BREATH FRESH AIR- LAGOS MY FOOT

2 Likes

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by chessguru1(m): 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
@ op if a poor man can survive in ph (a plate of food in smelly canteen goes For a minimum of 300 naira), then anyone can make it in lag.
I suggest you toughen up

1 Like

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by AGBORMAN1(m): 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
I am loving Fashola Expensive policies towards lagos mega city

In UK we pay N300,000 COUNCIL TAX to the Government evey year

na money make soup sweet

Please stop complaining, its bloody cheaper for you to relocate to your village

4 Likes

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by anselm791(m): 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
So your problem na keke? It seem to be all you mentioned above na. Well some places in lagos still have them, as a matter of fact, it just depends on what part of lagos, come to ibeju lekki and see average and poor people still living there happilly.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Ade0001(m): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
The policy is not to restrict commercial buses to 8hours daily, what the government is saying is that A DRIVER SHOULD NOT WORK FOR MORE THAN 8 HOURS DAILY.

I think this will reduce cases of accidents associated with tired drivers and those having to use alcohol to keep eyes open behind the wheels.

3 Likes

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by chessguru1(m): 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
Niseamaka:

Lagos is the most chaotic city I have ever been to. The perenial traffic jams, overpopulation, noise and air polution made Lagos very unattractive to live. An ABC reporter once described Lagos as a disgrace of a city.
An american article once described lagos as the after effect of a nuclear strike on new york city embarassed. But that was a long time b4 fashola.
The guy is J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ trying to bring Some degree of decorum to the state abeg, tho the standing on a line waiting for keke feels a bit weird.
On a lighter note smiley am glad this thread wasn't started by someone from the east but rather correct yoruba person , if not this thread for don turn war zone by now embarassed.

2 Likes

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by baba11(m): 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
You will never see the real lagosians complain.What do you want to talk of;be it Bsc local scholarship(200k*n),Msc local scholarship(300k*n),bursary award(50k*n),lasu scholar(45k*n) etcWhere n=1,2,3,4,5.Abeg if u wan complain,go to your village.Fashola carry go ooooo!!!
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by AGBORMAN1(m): 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
IN UK ABOUT 85% OF YOUR SALARY IS FOR PAYING BILLS

BILLS BILLS BILLS. EVERY YEAR BILLS RISE FAR ABOVE RATE OF INFLATION

PEOPLE MIGHT THINK THAT THE WITCHES IN YOUR VILLAGE THAT IS CAUSING YOUR FINANCIAL HARDSHIP

WELCOME TO TOMORROW

2 Likes

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by constance500: 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
MIMIKO DEY TRY...
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by davades(m): 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
sexymoma: Nothing Annoys me most than the way we usually que at agege to get a bus going to alausa... You go que so tey all the make up wey you wear go don wipe off before you reach work... All because he banned okada men..

As in real que o.
Que wey go be like say you wan collect fee lunch.

The queue has always been there even when the men are still working
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by chessguru1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
tiamiyukunle69: I really dont think it's easy for an average earner to live conviniently in Lagos considering the high cost of living except you want to reside in Lagos surbub. I live in Ibadan. It's less stressful here with moderate cost and standard of living. Okada and Keke Napep ply all roads without any form of restriction
Brother have you tried living in PH? Lagos is heavenly compared I tell u. @ least with 100 bucks you can eat wella.
Hehehehe come try that in ph make I see.
Lag has hold up I agree, but @ least it moves.
If you have been stuck in rumuokoro/eliozu/rumuodar/tank hold up, you will know the difference btw AC and fan!

6 Likes

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Fashola really did not try by banning Okada on some roads, which are not express., not to mention keke.

If you want to enjoy Lagos, just get your own car.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Registration And Login On The Mobile Site! / Things Sleep Can Make You Do / Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone, Which Is The Correct Term. Slide In To Know !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.