Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,392 members, 7,836,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? (12218 Views)

Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In / How Many Shoes Should An Average Man/lady Have / Discussion: Dear Men, How Long Can The Average Man Go Without Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by gnabry(m): 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
cry
baba11: You will never see the real lagosians complain.What do you want to talk of;be it Bsc local scholarship(200k*n),Msc local scholarship(300k*n),bursary award(50k*n),lasu scholar(45k*n) etcWhere n=1,2,3,4,5.Abeg if u wan complain,go to your village.Fashola carry go ooooo!!!
yes,Fashola is doin great,a lot of ma mates had drop awt of lasu due to expensive payment....he gives us scholarship,hell yh,afta payin 250k,he gives 45k worth of scholarship,what country does that and for ur information o,m a real lagosian o,isale Eko thins.
Am not sayin Fashola aint working,he is,infct he has goten the reputation of been d bst governor Lagos had ever had but to my opinion he is not considering d less priviledge ones,Not every1 can pay huge fees .
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Boss13: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
One thing I like about Fashola is that he knows how to win the crowd. His humility is a selling point. That besides, Lagos is still a chaotic place to live in. People are yet to comply with the policies being issued. We now pay for public services. The guy is just too smart.

1 Like

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Milito: 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
mincuu:

which bridge the keke go follow reach Onikan roundabout?

The keke is not passing any bridge. U re not familiar wt the place as well.

I can't recollect the name of the street but tht police headquarters in Obalende is on tht street. There is an Access bank & a GTB on tht same road. U turn at the first turning to the left & it will take u straight to Onikan roundabout.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by juman(m): 8:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
Living in Lagos poses a lot of challenges for average man.

Whenever there is regular supply of electricity in the country many millions of people would move back to their villages from Lagos.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Maitommi: 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
packman: [size=20pt]POINT OF CORRECTION @OP.......

IT HAS NEVER BEING BEARABLE FOR AN AVERAGE MAN IN LAGOS ................ angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

BUT OGA POLICY MAKER B.R.F MADE WORST FOR MEHN........ angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I CANT GO OUT TO VOTE FOR THAT MAN FOR ANY REASON...... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

IF THEY LIKE THEY SHOULD SAY HE IS NIGERIA MESSIAH....... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

You're too lousy!!
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Venchy: 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
sexymoma: Nothing Annoys me most than the way we usually que at agege to get a bus going to alausa... You go que so tey all the make up wey you wear go don wipe off before you reach work... All because he banned okada men..

As in real que o.
Que wey go be like say you wan collect fee lunch.

Make up in a moderation and not excessive.

Get use to good practice and stay away from lawlessness, Qeue is a practice but nigerians are use to pushing and sogorin, whenever I go to First bank in Nigeria, people rush like flies over poo poo as well as the Bank staff doing their own thing without full concentration, no manners.

Qeue to live a simple life my sister.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Omotolaaraujo(f): 8:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
The crime and the noise and the filth and the crowded living and the nasty housing and the noise of the planes and the streets and the traffic and the corruption and the sewage and the bribes and the lack of public transportation. Besides all that, Lagos is fine.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by hardbody: 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lagos is still more manageable than some states
Opportunities abound, housing is fairly OK, foodis pay as you go and you can generally survive on N100k if u want to live like a human specie. However there is still a lot to be done to make this city a dream abode.

1 Like

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by hardbody: 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
Venchy:

Make up in a moderation and not excessive.

Get use to good practice and stay away from lawlessness, Qeue is a practice but nigerians are use to pushing and sogorin, whenever I go to First bank in Nigeria, people rush like flies over poo poo as well as the Bank staff doing their own thing without full concentration, no manners.

Qeue to live a simple life my sister.

Your story about first bank means u haven't been around for aeons. There are no queues in any banks except maybe wema and union and those are not banks in my estimation.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by matrixme(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
All these people that makes internet analysis self don tire me. Let's just agree that most popular routes are still being plied by either keke or danfo. For your information, there are definitely two kinds of Lagos, one for the elites and one for the common man, and these two worlds never mix. They are like 'okun' and 'osa'. Come to Idumota where you will see tall skyscrapers not like any you come across in Abuja, but in this same place, you can buy singlets for just #150. Even the Makoko that is a slum has it's elitist avenue. So I don't know if perhaps, the common man is crossing his boundary lately. If you feel buses are becoming to expensive, get a bicycle like people in civilized cities around the world. It's good to reduce our carbon footprints anyway!
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by cutebobo(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
Let's stop being sediment al, because u like Fashola doesn't mean u shouldn't spit out the truth. Average man find it difficult with all his policies. I dey ibadan and they receive bad news about him
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
chess guru:
Brother have you tried living in PH? Lagos is heavenly compared I tell u. @ least with 100 bucks you can eat wella.
Hehehehe come try that in ph make I see.
Lag has hold up I agree, but @ least it moves.
If you have been stuck in rumuokoro/eliozu/rumuodar/tank hold up, you will know the difference btw AC and fan!

what are you saying, u don jam traffic? oba akran/awolowo rd, tin can/coconut/trinity apapa axis, under bridge/dopemu ipaja, suru alaba/orile/mile 2/ijora, volks/iyana iba/alaba/okoko, cele/ikotun......

u never see anything i swear...
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by dozymars(m): 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
To enjoy a stress less life in Lagos, you need to have the following:

1. Live in lekki phase 1 environs, Ikoyi and Vi
2. Work in lekki phase1 environs, ikoyi and Vi
3. Have vehicles that are in good condition for yourself and family members
4. Ensure u have no business going to the mainland except you need to go to the Airport and that should be at the right timing( less traffic hours).

Lagos is a city with a very dense population, but unfortunately it does not have the required infrastructure to make life comfortable for the residence and vistors.

The road network is very poor
The roads are poor with so many pot holes to avoid.
Very bad drainage system
Narrow roads in major areas e.g lagos island to victoria island via bonny camp.
The alternative means of transportation like the water ways and railway do not exist in full scale.
Brt bus/lagbus are not sufficient to cover all routes and the bad roads affects its performance and efficiency.

Other governors need to development and create jobs in their respective states to help decongest Lagos.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by chessguru1(m): 9:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
Milito:

Sorry for digressing; Bros abeg how is standard of living generally in PHC? Is there any major difference wt Lag? My coy wanna transfer me frm Lag to Port, same salary, but I will be given some pay as relocation allowance. I can actually turn it down but I'm kind of tired of Lag & want to hv a feel of another part of the country. Pls do u hv an idea of the cost of a 2-bedroom in a nice but not too expensive area?
Well my mum came to ph for the 1st time and said ph reminded her of lagos of the 1990's. Same drive, same energy, but no organization.
Brodaly accommodation in ph is expensive o. A self contain In that dreaded Aluu in port harcourt can be gotten for100,000 to 130,000 a year (yes o that dreaded aluu, which is a student area sef).
In town is not too good either. J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ put your mind for a minimum of 250,000 (in a slightly decent area) to 300, 400, 500k (all depending on the particular area you choose).
Final advice will be for you to get a place close 2 work because you don't know hold up till you get to ph. The drivers in lag are matured. Sometimes you can even stick out ur hand and beg a danfo, and he might let you in the lane, Hell ave seen folks J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ flash their head lamps here, and that's enough for another driver to let you into the lane...try that shi*t in ph and dey will almost jam your hand and your head lamp together !
My honest opinion is that if your being sent 2 ph, then a raise wouldn't be a bad idea (except if your coy is an oil company, then nothing do you boss!)cool

1 Like

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by chessguru1(m): 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
AjCityOne:

So I guess American is part of eastern Nigeria now. In your slave mind.
What in God's name is this bloke writing. Did you read my post in reverse, or is your understanding backward by default?
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by chessguru1(m): 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
Milito:

The Keke will pass thru Onikan roundabout to Muson centre & then link tht one way road heading to VI.

You re obviously not familiar wt this route & should hv just asked to be enlightened. I just check mated the Chess guru cheesy cheesy grin
Like seriously shocked where do the keke load from?
Make I no fall my hand any further lipsrsealed, but I don't think onikan is part of obalende.
Some1 help me out. After all we learn everyday cool
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Dominionng(m): 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
nutty_hnic:

what are you saying, u don jam traffic? oba akran/awolowo rd, tin can/coconut/trinity apapa axis, under bridge/dopemu ipaja, suru alaba/orile/mile 2/ijora, volks/iyana iba/alaba/okoko, cele/ikotun......

u never see anything i swear...
matrixme: All these people that makes internet analysis self don tire me. Let's just agree that most popular routes are still being plied by either keke or danfo. For your information, there are definitely two kinds of Lagos, one for the elites and one for the common man, and these two worlds never mix. They are like 'okun' and 'osa'. Come to Idumota where you will see tall skyscrapers not like any you come across in Abuja, but in this same place, you can buy singlets for just #150. Even the Makoko that is a slum has it's elitist avenue. So I don't know if perhaps, the common man is crossing his boundary lately. If you feel buses are becoming to expensive, get a bicycle like people in civilized cities around the world. It's good to reduce our carbon footprints anyway!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
chess guru:
Make I no fall my hand any further lipsrsealed, but I don't think onikan is part of obalende.

keke do load from muson opp city mall where u have kfc....and STOP at falomo, ikoyi....dey dont go thru falomo bridge to vi, EVER!!

its buses dat load from obalende to ikoyi,.....dnt knw which one is onikan for obalende
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by anselm791(m): 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
chess guru:

Oga go rest jor, you no wan learn anything, you done dey sharp mouth since like say na you build lagos, now wey table wan turn you wan form good student. Anyway onikan dey obalende, that side wey that museum dey, road dey to VI from there but you go pass one small bridge sha. So everybody wins. Lol
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
anselm791:

Oga go rest jor, you no wan learn anything, you done dey sharp mouth since like say na you build lagos, now wey table wan turn you wan form good student. Anyway onikan dey obalende, that side wey that museum dey, road dey to VI from there but you go pass one small bridge sha. So everybody wins. Lol

correct!
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Sike(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
I still don't understand the hype 'bout this Lagos of a city. Why not try those peaceful areas around instead of that Lagos? Ijebu, Abeokuta, Ibadan e.t.c? Must it always be Lagos? U want kill Urself? Abi dem tell una say una no fit make am somewhere else?! Damn!! Na why una no dey last for there be that. No rest of mind. Tahhhhhhh!!!
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by titusodem: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lagos,Eko !!! Rubbish
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Milito: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
chess guru:
Well my mum came to ph for the 1st time and said ph reminded her of lagos of the 1990's. Same drive, same energy, but no organization.
Brodaly accommodation in ph is expensive o. A self contain In that dreaded Aluu in port harcourt can be gotten for100,000 to 130,000 a year (yes o that dreaded aluu, which is a student area sef).
In town is not too good either. J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ put your mind for a minimum of 250,000 (in a slightly decent area) to 300, 400, 500k (all depending on the particular area you choose).
Final advice will be for you to get a place close 2 work because you don't know hold up till you get to ph. The drivers in lag are matured. Sometimes you can even stick out ur hand and beg a danfo, and he might let you in the lane, Hell ave seen folks J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ flash their head lamps here, and that's enough for another driver to let you into the lane...try that shi*t in ph and dey will almost jam your hand and your head lamp together !
My honest opinion is that if your being sent 2 ph, then a raise wouldn't be a bad idea (except if your coy is an oil company, then nothing do you boss!)cool

Thank u so much for the Port Harcourt info. I appreciate it Bro.

chess guru:

There are two spots in Obalende that Keke loads VI. They load at the junction of that road beside that big building with the sign post "Ministry of commnication" (to your left, if you are facing the building). They also load at the junction of a road that faces Access bank directly, few metres away from that police headquarters I mentioned earlier.

Onikan is not Obalende, but not too far away. Few minutes drive from Obalende will take you to Onikan.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by chessguru1(m): 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
nutty_hnic:

keke do load from muson opp city mall where u have kfc....and STOP at falomo, ikoyi....dey dont go thru falomo bridge to vi, EVER!!

its buses dat load from obalende to ikoyi,.....dnt knw which one is onikan for obalende
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by chessguru1(m): 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
anselm791:

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by igbonla(m): 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
With the land mass and the population of Lagos fighting each other, the worst is yet to come! Sorry, I don't get emotional when it comes to issues such as this, it is not about Fashola at all. It will be difficult for anybody to live in Lagos if some of those decisions are not taken.
Lagos is pretty expensive and will not slow down, how can people live well with poor salaries from most organizations?

The issue raised on this thread is part of the general problem in the country, the government need to ensure rapid development of the urban cities (it will be too much to add the rural areas). This way lots of folks can stay away from Lagos without missing anything. Or how many people living in Baton Rouge do you think has ever been to Los Angeles?

I believe Fashola is only trying to deal with a messy situation for the overall good of those that can afford to live there.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by mystical10: 11:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
Stress reduce lifespan, so lagosians are liable to die young. BRT or BRF whatever u calld him, policies is to fostrate other tribes living in lagos, but in other way round yoruba are at receiving end the way i am seeing it, bc for igbos even if lagos turn to hell they wldnt live, bc the way gov increase tax is equally the way they increases their goods and services even their house rent bc they own many houses in lagos and also fashola will equally buy from them.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by mystical10: 12:01am On Nov 14, 2013
omiobo: I was born in lagos. Though maybe stressful but it is a place where those were not born with silver spoon are now eating with silver spoon. Lagos moulds man into real man. Forget all negative statements you have heard about Lagos. Come to Lagos and change your destiny for life. Don't let anyone deceive,it maybe your canaan land as it has been for many. If you want to come,my advice for you;
1. Obey the law
2. Keep away from bad friends
3. If possible don't stay outside late
4. Always be mentally alert
5. Stay away from alcohol,smoking and olosho grin
lagos is only city u will see person that made sales of 50k a day and spent it on drinks and women thesame day,and the persons capital is not upto 300k lmaooo. Apart from overcrowd and hell like stress there, Money dey there but na work and chop them dey practice, owambe .achievement is not in there dictionary.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Odunharry(m): 12:22am On Nov 14, 2013
mystical10: lagos is only city u will see person that made sales of 50k a day and spent it on drinks and women thesame day,and the persons capital is not upto 300k lmaooo. Apart from overcrowd and hell like stress there, Money dey there but na work and chop them dey practice, owambe .achievement is not in there dictionary.
mystic did u just write ds?
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 14, 2013
mincuu:

which bridge the keke go follow reach Onikan roundabout?
You are embarrassing yourself dude.. Just go to bed JJC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy New Month To All Nairalanders / Stop The Indecent Dressing And Live Right / Registration And Login On The Mobile Site!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.