Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,450 members, 7,861,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (34764 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / Hilarious Nigeria: What If Your Wife SLAPS Your Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Most women have been trained to believe their place is in the man's bed and and the kitchen alone.
And as normal human beings,they exercise territorialism in the little niche they have come to see as all they can achieve in their lives.
Trust me,if such women had opportunities to live out their hearts dreams and achieve their childhood goals,they'd be less fanatical about 'their' kitchens
They'll obtain fulfilment from their other endeavors.
such that even there husbands are also forbidden? But i have also experienced the "my pot" situation with a woman who had her own school?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Most women have been trained to believe their place is in the man's bed and and the kitchen alone.
And as normal human beings,they exercise territorialism in the little niche they have come to see as all they can achieve in their lives.
Trust me,if such women had opportunities to live out their hearts dreams and achieve their childhood goals,they'd be less fanatical about 'their' kitchens
They'll obtain fulfilment from their other endeavors.
such that even there husbands are also forbidden? But i have also experienced the "my pot" situation with a woman who had her own school?i believe thats a career
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
IFELEKE:
Of course not,My advise is based on what the OP tendered.

So what is in the OP's statement that would make a man slapped deserve to go and apologize

If a woman reported the exact same scenario, What would be the difference in your advise?

Would you tell her to go apologize to the hsband who just slapped her and she should realize her husband is hot tempered

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by IFELEKE(m): 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
Flygeriansteve:
See this LEFULEFU already assuming the man somehow must have done sth to deserve the slap. How does one apologise after being physically abused? This ya psychology tire me o.
Re-read my post for clarity son.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by pickabeau1: 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
hahaha...interesting dynamic here..

Over to the ladies to get themselves of this conumdrum

Man slaps Woman once - Abuser, call the cops

Woman slaps man once - Why did you provoke her, put more lovin'

women.....

3 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
Do I have a point to put across to you?
Yes and I just did
Did I hope to change your perspective?
No and I'm not surprised.
Do I intend to keep going back and forth with you on this issue?
Definitely not.

Enjoy your chauvinistic life.
And the good news is that you'll find a woman who loves you like that
(That's if you haven't already)
Ciao ciao.
nna_bu_ike:

It is wishful thinking to believe that your fantasy is the "ideal thing." I do not doubt at all that there are some families like what you describe, but I notice that in such families, there are no men in them. Sure, they may look like men, but it is an insult to real men to be referring to them as such.

As to my next life that you are referring to, it is my sons that will live that life, I teach them what it means to be men. I also teach them to deal mercilessly with any woman who ever disrespects them(or anyone for that matter) and I also teach them why it is important for them to do so.

I live the "ideal life". My sons will live the "ideal life", and it will resemble nothing like that situation comedy that you previously described.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
carefreewannabe: Another thread that has turned into a gender battle and feminism debate undecided
Nigeria is discussing what other countries stopped discussing 50 years ago lipsrsealed
Carefree, there is no gender battle here...we are only analysing some possible reasons y a Nigerian wife would have the gut to slap her husband; its not common in Nigeria.

And lastly, I for in stance, tried to use myself as an example to point out what some Nigerian guys want from a woman: respect, submission and being able to take care of the home, and not necessarily for her to bring in money or whatsoever financial.

And u know, in Africa, taking Nigeria as a case study, men are expected to be the financial provider while the woman organises it to make a good home. So when the case is reversed: a woman brings in more money and becomes the breadwinner, she is usually not submissive to her husband and most times don't respect her like she would if the case was otherwise.

So for now, it is safer for a man to be the breadwinner of the family than the woman to ensure his respect is in tact. That's all, no fight, no quarrels, so sit back and enjoy the cool debate and analysissmiley
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lmao
smiley
troy20:
such that even there husbands are also forbidden? But i have also experienced the "my pot" situation with a woman who had her own school?i believe thats a career
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by BrightCar: 6:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
dad007: AHHHH,YOUR OWN DIFF FROM MY OWN OHHH....WHEN EVER MINE IS HIGH(ANGRY)SHE BEGINS TO CLEAN THE HOUSE,OR JUST GO TO BED AND LIE DOWN....UNTIL I GOES TO HER AND EHMMM....YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
dat is a sweeter resolution, i bi like say u go dey trouble her well well, becos u know d sweet end.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
DailyNews: Carefree, there is no gender battle here...we are only analysing some possible reasons y a Nigerian wife would have the gut to slap her husband; its not common in Nigeria.

And lastly, I for in stance, tried to use myself as an example to point out what some Nigerian guys want from a woman: respect, submission and being able to take care of the home, and not necessarily for her to bring in money or whatsoever financial.

And u know, in Africa, taking Nigeria as a case study, men are expected to be the financial provider while the woman organises it to make a good home. So when the case is reversed: a woman brings in more money and becomes the breadwinner, she is usually not submissive to her husband and most times don't respect her like she would if the case was otherwise.

So for now, it is safer for a man to be the breadwinner of the family than the woman to ensure his respect is in tact.
That's all, no fight, no quarrels, so sit back and enjoy the cool debate and analysissmiley

You have just proven what I said. Nigeria is at least half a century behind developed countries.

I'm not fighting honey, I'm just speaking my mind and Í enjoy it wink

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by dabrake(m): 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
DailyNews: Yes dear, you are right that I committed fallacy of hasty generalization...but I want you to note that:

every research, every statistics, and every scientific breakthrough was based on sampling, which is also a form of generalization.

When they say: Brazilian girls are slutty, you don't expect every Brazilian girl to be....but at least, it is a known fact based on large sample analysis.

So don't ever expect any figure or research to be 100% accurate because they are all based on generalization.

Or haven't you heard that: LOVE IS A FALLACY, but say that to some people and watch them murder you in cold blood because they strongly believe in love.

In conclusion @Lorreta, in every rule, there is an exception, so strive to be that exception if at all you aren't one already smiley
Dude, I'm sure inferential statistics was one of your coolest courses. You nailed it.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
I don't live in oyinbo land so I'm not talking based on what they do.
I'm talking based on experience
My mom is a career woman. We are happy.
And I'll marry a man who doesn't see the happiness in our home as based on how 'beneath' him I am.when you meet confident men,you'll understand that they don't use the supression tactic to 'put the woman in place'
She already knows where she belongs
Beside him . In his arms. Not beneath him.
It's not 'new fashioned'
It's the ideal thing.
DailyNews: My dear, desperate chase for career and money like most of women do now definitely mar a woman's chances of being homely, etc. Though there are few exceptions.

And I usually laugh when I read people talk about how white and western countries are enjoying their marriages when compared to African marriage.

See, if not that its unprofessional and forbidden for me to share my counselling sessions with foreigners here, I would have shared just 4 situations for u guys to learn from and stop hailing oyimbo marriage style cos they are in pains.

And some of them are beginning to realise that the old system of marriage which is what africans practise remains the best for any family to have peace and happiness.

Anyway, let me not sound too old-fashioned to avoid ruining the fun today women are having in their newfound career/money-chasegrin

3 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by squaddy(m): 6:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
we can talk about this issue all night long but I am sure you do not expect the females to agree with the man beating the hell out of his wife in response and neither would you expect the male to accept that doing nothing or apologizing is the best route to take....Bottomline is, if that senario described by the OP actually happened(which I am sure did not) the woman needs to apologize to her husband with enough promises not to ever think of doing it again....case closed....make I no read another comment on this abeg
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: I don't live in oyinbo land so I'm talking based on what they do.
And I'll marry a man who doesn't see the happiness in our home as based on how 'beneath' him I am.when you meet confident men,you'll understand that they don't use the supression tactic to 'put the woman in place'

It's not 'new fashioned'
It's the ideal thing.

I love it!

Nigerian men confuse fear for respect.
If a woman must depend on them in order to show respect then it's not respect but fear!!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Lmao
smiley
well i dont know what to make of your explaination but that slap has been long time coming for sure.i've violated the "my pot" rule in many a woman's kitchen-heck even mama-put but i never had much more than a mild reproach.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
Oh well. You made a nice point
Meaning you won't be irked when someone comes and says "Nigerian men are ..." Maybe something disgusting.
You won't try to correct them.
DailyNews: Yes dear, you are right that I committed fallacy of hasty generalization...but I want you to note that:

every research, every statistics, and every scientific breakthrough was based on sampling, which is also a form of generalization.

When they say: Brazilian girls are slutty, you don't expect every Brazilian girl to be....but at least, it is a known fact based on large sample analysis.

So don't ever expect any figure or research to be 100% accurate because they are all based on generalization.

Or haven't you heard that: LOVE IS A FALLACY, but say that to some people and watch them murder you in cold blood because they strongly believe in love.

In conclusion @Lorreta, in every rule, there is an exception, so strive to be that exception if at all you aren't one already smiley

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Lightening: 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
lalalefriday:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

First to do no dey pain as they say.

Now OP listen to me. Physical abuse is a direct result of a lack of respect for the abused by the abuser.

Quite simply, your wife has zero respect for you.[color=#000099][/color]

And a relationship without mutual respect can NEVER work let alone a marriage.

Your marriage is already dead -What you need to figure out is if you want to show her pepper before you leave...or if you want to leave in an amicable and mature manner.

I personally would go for option A.

True talk. It is most abominable. But come to think of that, I hold any man responsible if the wife does not respect him. Usually in relationships there are always things to nip in the bud. Only Real men look out for such for instant surgery before it becomes cancer manifesting thus.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

The necessity of occasionally drinking bitter medicine has nothing to do with ones approval. It is something that must be done for survival. So although violence may not be condoned, it is occasionally necessary.

And women **are** inferior to men.

We all know women are inferior to men....but using it in this context shows how steriotypical you are.

i can not ascertain why you spew so much hate about women, but coming to abhorent conclusion to your case would only project me as being myopic to someone i dont know.

but what i can deduce is this:

its either you fall into the category of people who have been bulied by women.
2. you have never been treated nicely by a woman.
3. you feel insecure being around the opposite sex...

you need to see a psychologist to educate you about women and erase your violent traits that you possess so you dont end up becoming a menace to society...
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
In any case don't accept any slap from any woman without giving her serious reproach(don't beat her up o)
Except if she's your mom. You know you can't yell at your mom and you can't slap her back too
Just the quiet "momma I don't like that" complain.
troy20:
well i dont know what to make of your explaination but that slap has been long time coming for sure.i've violated the "my pot" rule in many a woman's kitchen-heck even mama-put but i never had much more than a mild reproach.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Flygeriansteve: 6:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
IFELEKE:
Re-read my post for clarity son.
I did. It's still balderdash, Dad.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nnabuike1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Do I have a point to put across to you?
Yes and I just did

No you did not really have a point. Just a collection of daydreams.

lorretta u:
Did I hope to change your perspective?
No and I'm not surprised.

I am happy that you did not insult me by assuming that you could change my perspective. Only women and weak "men" benefit from such. We all are exposed to more or less the same stimuli in this world. Those like me understand the nature of things as they are and work with it, those like you indulge in pipe dreams and romance.

lorretta u:
Do I intend to keep going back and forth with you on this issue?
Definitely not.

Thank you for sparing us the labours.

lorretta u:
Enjoy your chauvinistic life.
And the good news is that you'll find a woman who loves you like that
(That's if you haven't already)
Ciao ciao.

Rest assured that I am enjoying every nanosecond of it. In fact I notice that I influence those around me(even though I am a notoriously quiet guy). And indeed I have several women. Most real women do not care much for that rubbish that you are campaigning about. An accomplished man that can provide is all they are really interested in, and usually problems in marriages come about when there is no man in the family, given my previous qualification of "man".
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by SisiKill1: 6:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
Honestly, there are some times you read people's post and you wonder how they got so warped in their thinking. Someone talks about he was slapped down literally and figuratively speaking and people are asking if he "drops" money for soup. What the hell does that have to do with anything?!!

If he doesn't "drop" money then it is okay for his wife to keep the pot of soup from him? Is that like if a woman does not have a job, it is okay for her husband to whoop her behind on a daily basis?!!

And what is with the disbelief...Like it is so out of the realm of possibilities for a woman to be physically abusive towards her husband?!! Oh! Oh! He must have slapped her first right. . .it is just not possible for there to be an ill mannered woman out there who has no respect for herself and people.

Until we do away with these myths that men can't be abused, that abused people must have done something to deserve or they didn't do something (like drop money for food or wear sexy dresses to welcome their hubby's home from work) we will continue to get threads like this.

And the eeejits laughing at OP for not being a man, what exactly is he supposed to do to prove his manhood . . .beat his wife to a pulp?! Y'all are sick in the head. undecided

@ OP
Get out of the house now!! She's obviously not the kinda person who can let things go easily because one would think the time between when you left the house after the argument and came back would have cooled down any flaring temper.

I just saw a crime documentary where man and fiancee fought in the morning around 7am, man left for work soon after. At work he told his best friend what happened and how aggressive his fiancee was, friend suggests that maybe man should spend the night in his place or at a hotel. man laughs him off and says he will be fine, she would have cooled down by the time he gets home.

He got home at 6 (Fiancee still not speaking to him), watched TV for a bit (thinking by the time he gets to bed, she would be asleep) went to bed at 9, Fiancee was pretending to be asleep and when she was sure he was sleeping she brought out the baseball bat she had hidden by her side of the bed and bashed his head in before taking a knife to his chest.

Dude bled to death. . .Over an argument that took place over 14hrs ago!!!!!!!!

Some people are just not alright upstairs, they revel in the hurt and anger and nothing you do can ever change that because they need professional help. All you can do is make sure they don't drag you into the dark abyss that is their crazy world.

Get out of the house first and foremost. . .then all working on the marriage tasks can be discussed.

3 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by IFELEKE(m): 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
dayokanu:

So what is in the OP's statement that would make a man slapped deserve to go and apologize

If a woman reported the exact same scenario, What would be the difference in your advise?

Would you tell her to go apologize to the hsband who just slapped her and she should realize her husband is hot tempered
Do we assume the woman is guilty because the husband said so? Are we saying the fella is the absolute victim here?
Marital squabbles are always difficult to meddle in because no one knows the true picture.
My advise wasnt for him to accept fault/take the insult but for him wisely put his house in order
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Abbey2sam(m): 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
Just ignore her until she come to her senses
Punish her emotionally but never hit her.....

Don't touch her food, though this might sound dumb but its not......

#Neverhitalady

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
nutty_hnic:

We all know women are inferior to men......
you and who knows that?

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by victorv12(m): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
I will punch her like a bag of sack. It's a taboo in my culture for a woman to slap a man. If ma lady try that ish with me, that will be her last...she will forever remember me as the baddest man ever liveth! If she end up telling her friends eventually, her friends will start comparing me to men like Adolf Hitler, Mussolini, Abacha, Idi-Amin and some other great notorious generals.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
Abbey2sam: Just ignore her until she come to her senses

#Neverhitalady

I really appreciate your "never hit a woman" attitude BUT I don't think emotional punishment is a solution to marital problems.
Married people should be partners and know how to maintain respectful commuication, especially in times of disagreements. If they don't know how to communicate properly they probably were not ready for marriage and it's important they learn QUICKLY how to deal with marital problems WITHOUT any form of abuse, disrespect or punishment.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by squaddy(m): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
quote author=nutty_hnic]

[b][/b]you need to see a psychologist to educate you about women [/quote]

I guess you have a doctorate degree in that field then..

A woman is now a 6 credit load course...mtcchheeeww
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
Abbey2sam: Just ignore her until she come to her senses

#Neverhitalady

If it was the man that hit the woman would the advise had been the same

Punish him emotionally, Dont touch his food etc
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by squaddy(m): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
victorv12: I will punch her like a bag of sack. It's a taboo in my culture for a woman to slap a man. If ma lady try that ish with me, that will be her last...she will forever remember me as the baddest man ever liveth! If she end up telling her friends eventually, her friends will start comparing me to men like Adolf Hitler, Mussolini, Abacha, Idi-Amin and some other great notorious generals.

Hahahahahahahah...I can't fit laff..
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: you and who knows that?

Women are considered by MOST..... "people" (really trying to contain myself here) to be inferior because they are usually weaker physically, and they have evolutionarily had a different role, that requires and encourages different traits to men, like caringness and non-violence. In a competitive society, such qualities are often considered inferior to masculine qualities, like ambition, aggression... Because males and females have evolved differently, with different roles, they will always be different, and there will always be some kind of discrimination and inequality, as long as there is a difference between males and females. 

They're not just inferior physically, they're inferior physically, morally and mentally.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: I don't live in oyinbo land so I'm not talking based on what they do.
It's not 'new fashioned'
It's the ideal thing.
Darling Lorreta, take this home: every successful man is a sexist and thinks the Adam's way!!! They are only feminist when they want to sell their brand, product or political campaign! Only failed men fantasize of marrying a woman richer than them.

Now don't get me wrong: I love seeing successful women, but I will never intentionally marry a woman richer than I am. If she becomes while we are married, fine...though she can't be smarter than I am in making money.

if my future wife ends up being a career lady, fine...her money is for she to take care of herself and her parents who trained her and if she wishes to contribute in taking care of the family, that's her decision and won't stop me from performing my desired duty- providing for my family.

But I repeat: I can't intentionally go for a rich lady just to marry a career or business woman, never...if she ends up one, I must strive to surpass or equal her before going to the altar.

If my wife is a minister then I must strive to become a president or governor. If she becomes president, then I must strive to become a king or UN secretary general...

This is Africa...and u are dealing with a Nigerian womangrin

Only failed men plan their future on a woman

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

My Husband’s Manhood Malfunctions –wife / Yoruba Couple & 4 Sons Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary In Matching Outfits / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.