Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo (22005 Views)

Fake INEC Official Arrested In Famgbe, Bayelsa By The Police (Photo) / Fake INEC Officials Caught Registering Voters In Amaechi, Wike’s LG / 183 Osun "Observers" To Anambra Are Fake - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by gratiaeo(m): 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

Next time..write the bold as Being

Oh....then you've not been going to Head bridge and it's environs in Onitsha..neither have you been to PH road motor parks in Aba.

The joke is actually on you....and it sucks to be you too for real. cheesy cheesy

Product of Peter Adaobi educational mess in Anambra.
God has answered your question here. Will you bend low and swallow your shame is a question for another day
maasoap: I was told that three people were to go from each ward and that my name has been included. I asked them two questions without getting satisfactory answers: 1. What is the mission all about? 2. How much are we talking about? Then I told them that the fact that I'm an unemployed graduate doesn't mean that whatever they are going to pay me really worth my life. Two of my friends (also unemployed graduate) were approached, I told them the risks involved in embarking on such a journey but I think they needed money badly. Right now, one of them is among the arrested group. We couldn't reach the other one as at this moment. When my friend went to the meeting with the trip organisers on Tuesday, they told the recruits that they would give each of them #20,000 feeding allowance for five days they are going to spend there right before they leave Osun state. And that their yet to be determined payment for job weldone would be paid to them when they return. My friend even told us on phone that there were screen out in Imo state, those who couldn't speak English Language were screen out. Something they were supposed to have been done before they left Osun state. If some Nairalanders, some APC members and sympathizers, some Yoruba or neutral people refuse to believe this news, I wouldn't blame them because when Farouk Lawal was alleged to have taken bribe from Otedola, I refused to believe it until he admitted taken bribe himself. I wanted to post topic about this thing last week but I just thought that people wouldn't believe me. Because I didn't think that police would be able to arrest some of them. I was only thinking about the moral aspect, risk of travelling on Nigeria roads, as well as election violence in Nigeria couple with risk of going to an unknown territory to illegally participate in an election of that magnitude when I turned down the offer. No way! So, if you are saying it is not true, I would simply ask you to help me pray for my two friends to return home safely.
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2013
russellino:

I am in support. Let's limit our interaction levels in naija. In light with your thoughts let me ask, how does what is happening in Anambra concern u abeg? It isn't your region or state by any stretch of imagination.

You and your snakish trillionaire tin-god tinubu should kindly support the National Conference. Make we get small gap abeg. Its not by force to do elections in 2015

Like I clearly stated...it concerns me the least the outcome of tomorrow's election.

Am only interested up to the point that the last time I checked..Anambra is still a part of Nigeria and the consequences of bad leadership will have it effect...since the state best in human capital will have no choice than to flee the suffocating environment for greener pastures in other parts of Nigeria.

Beside ...we are discussing on a Nigeria forum....not an Igbokwenu website. undecided
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
gratiaeo:
God has answered your question here. Will you bend low and swallow your shame is a question for another day

No....I will rather find my answers here:

According to a press release by lawyer and activist, Mr Festus Keyamo, the Commissioner of Police in Imo State, Mohammed Katsina, ordered the arrest and detention of 120 accredited independent national electoral commission observers who are to observe the Anambra State Governorship election taking place this Saturday. Find the press release below...

We have been briefed by the All Progressives Congress (APC) of the following facts:

1. That on Monday, 11th of November, 2013, and Tuesday, 12th of November, 2013, the International Foundation for Electoral Systems in collaboration with the Independent National Electoral Commission conducted training for accredited independent election observers who are to observe the Anambra State gubernatorial election scheduled for Saturday, 16th November, 2013.

2. That on Thursday, November 14th, 2013, the accredited observers who participated in the training above, met at Disyne Hotel located at Owerri, Imo State, for further training of their members ahead of the Anambra State gubernatorial election scheduled for Saturday, 16th November, 2013.

3. That to the utmost dismay of the innocent and patriotic election observers, at about 2:00pm, the hotel where they were undergoing training was surrounded by heavily armed police officers acting on the instruction of Mohammed Katsina, Commissioner of Police, Imo State, who arrested the entire 120 persons undergoing training.

5. That the entire accredited observers are currently in detention at the Imo State Police Command for no offence.

We however, cannot fathom or comprehend the rationale behind the actions or decisions of Mohammed Katsina, Commissioner of Police, Imo State, mentioned above, as same are totally untenable in a civilized and democratic society.

We cannot imagine why accredited election observers, who were specifically trained by the International Foundation for Electoral Systems in collaboration with the Independent National Electoral Commission, to observe/monitor the Anambra State gubernatorial election, should be arrested and detained less than 24 hours to the election.

We think that this is one of the grand plots to rig the Anambra State gubernatorial election scheduled for tomorrow by crippling genuine election observers and allowing fake observers to observe the process.

In the light of the above, we call on the Inspector General of Police to order the immediate release of the 120 accredited independent election observers currently in detention at the Imo State Police Command so they can perform their patriotic duties tomorrow.

Thank you.
FESTUS KEYAMO, ESQ.
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by ocelot2006(m): 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
Normally, I would've said that this may be a false flag operation to implicate APC. BUT those guns are a dead give-away because those are the EXACT type used by Okorocha's vigilante group.

APC, not cool dudes.

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Arysexy(m): 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

No....I will rather find my answers here:

Festus Keyamo is a known APC member who recently vied for delta state senatorial election under APC and was beaten in d primary, APC lost that election to PDP.

His activism is therefore in doubt. sell that story to d devil

APC running around searching for face saving story to tell. why will INEC trained observers in awka be found lodged in owerri?

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by russellino: 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

Like I clearly stated...it concerns me the least the outcome of tomorrow's election.

Am only interested up to the point that the last time I checked..Anambra is still a part of Nigeria and the consequences of bad leadership will have it effect...since the state best in human capital will have no choice than to flee the suffocating environment for greener pastures in other parts of Nigeria.

Beside ...we are discussing on a Nigeria forum....not an Igbokwenu website. undecided

You said its not your biz what happens in anambra so why are u shuffling from foot to foot abi piss dey catch u? Aren't you a member of the pack that tell igbos to focus on their villages whenever they comment in any way critical of your idol tinubu and his party?

Your hypocrisy is stifling.

Just focus on your region as most of us have learnt from the best (you know who) to be self centered we will focus on our own. Please support the National Conference so we can all get our heart's desire

4 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by alexchiny: 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
Arysexy:

Festus Keyamo is a known APC member who recently vied for delta state senatorial election under APC and was beaten in d primary, APC lost that election to PDP.

APC running around searching for face saving story to tell. why will INEC trained observers in awka be found lodged in owerri?

A million dollar question!

2 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Evalsam1(m): 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
APC r desperate to b in power , so, there can do anything to success.

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
Arysexy:

You lot never disappoint....do you?

Attack the messenger....while leaving the essentials of the message.

You are a joke.
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by victor2020(m): 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
russellino:

You said its not your biz what happens in anambra so why are u shuffling from foot to foot abi piss dey catch u? Aren't you a member of the pack that tell igbos to focus on their villages whenever they comment in any way critical of your idol tinubu and his party?

Your hypocrisy is stifling.

Just focus on your region as most of us have learnt from the best (you know who) to be self centered we will focus on our own. Please support the National Conference so we can all get our heart's desire

Simple....

If you don't want NIGERIANS to talk about this issue and your region.....take it away from a NIGERIAN and friends of NIGERIANS website..

kapish?
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by PointB: 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
No surprises here. Ngige is an accomplished election rigger. It just got messier when another established rigger - Tinubu is the financier. No surprises here.

3 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by khattab02: 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
xtremely9ja: It is rather unfortunate that political parties in this country will do anything to win election, but reading through the post some questions came to mind;
1. All allegations raised were followed in bracket as unconfirmed?
2. Even if 300 youths from each state of Nigeria were to be imported as it were into Anambra for the election, what significant impact can that wedge against the number of the registered voters in the state?
3. How do you import 300 people that may never understand a simple sentence of igbo to do something as sensitive as been alleged in a predominantly igbo speaking area, Won't they stand conspicuously out?
4. How big is the Hotel in Owerri that can accommodate 300 people at a time? (Not even Rockview the biggest in operation in owerri).
5. How come the people shown in the picture are not more than 50 if 300 were arrested, Where are the remaining 250?
6. How come the picture contains almost equal number of female as that of male, Knowing that the male folks are more predisposed to getting involved in this kind of alleged crime?
7. Why lodge in Imo when the alleged port of crime is Anambra?
8. The convoy of vehicles that will convey 300 people should definitely raise eyebrow, so why risk that a day to election?
the question goes on and on, but one of two things is sure, it's either the move was badly planned or it was targeted at discrediting Ngige.

Nigeria, One Nation, Indivisible, under God[/size][size=8pt][color=#006600][/color][i][/i]
Bros u correct joor!
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by agbameta: 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh: I cannot but say sorry to you "Jews". You lost your support for Rochas Okorocha not just because his performance decline but because he joined what you call Awolowo party. Chris Ngige is going to surprise you all. The same Awolowo party he used in defeating Dora Akuyinli is the same party he will use in defeating his rivals tomorrow.

We need to order some mop for these losers to wipe their tears with come Saturday... This is going to be funny.

lmao

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by agbameta: 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
Seriously though, some folks are cheap, shallow and lazy thinkers?
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by khattab02: 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

Lol ...these guys eh!
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Ammanda(f): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
Busted

Observers indeed

2 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by khattab02: 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
hmmm.. So much for governorship election. Just hope there won't be trouble from tomorrow onward.
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Kingspin(m): 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
Election is taking place in Anambra state but we had heard election information coming from Imo, PortHarcourt, even Osun state. All these Parties, APC PDP APGA, etc. are crooks. APC!! 2face party.

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
igbsam: The Commissioner of Police Imo State CP Mohammed Kastina just finished his briefing with pressmen this evening wherein he informed them that the command arrested 181 youths mostly from the southwest part of Nigeria (Unconfirmed) in a popular hotel (Disney Hotel) In Owerri Imo State Capital.

Among items found on the men were said to be many Ngige 2014 posters (Unconfirmed), fake INEC Election Observer Cards, Voters Card, 12 Vehicles etc.

Interviewing them, most of them said they came from Osun State(Unconfirmed). They said they were given N10,000 each with a promise of more monies in return after the elections. They said they were told to move into Owerri for their accommodation, hospitality and camping pending the last night to the Anambara Guber polls.

Amongst those arrested are two members of the Imo Security Network in their uniforms and with their 2 Pump Action Rifles and live cartridges. Addressing newsmen, the Imo CP wondered why people from the west going to Anambara would be found in Imo State? He wondered that Imo was not holding any elections and have no reason hosting such youths from other states.

CP Mohammed Kastina reiterated that Imo State would not be used to perpetuate violence or thuggery in the name of politics.. He said the command is poised to maintain peace in the state and would deal with any threat no matter how highly placed.

As at the time of filling this news, there are unconfirmed reports that another mass of youths are camped in a prominent hotel owned by a highly placed government officials and are also bound for Anambara State to aide the APC candidate (Unconfirmed) in the Anambara guber election.

Whoever published this must be from the opposition party. Why put APC when it is not confirmed.

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Arysexy(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
Shalek:

Whoever published this must be from the opposition party. Why put APC when it is not confirmed.

the OP is d dude dat inserted d "unconfirmed". they r nt in d original post. d op is obviously an apc supporter
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by prov1029(m): 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
I don't believe this photo ops. This Nigeria the same place that killers of Kudirat were reportedly prosecuted only for us to see Al Mustaphar almost hanged to death. We need to see prosecution of such people in court and judgements passed
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by charlesucheh(m): 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2013
Please people, we should use our heads and not jump into conclusion. In politic, anything can happen, this might just be a setup on APC to destroy their legitimate support in the State. I'm not saying we shouldn't air our views, but we should try to also look at things and issues objectively.
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by charlesucheh(m): 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
GOSH! This is a well programmed conspiracy against the ACN. Why must the culprit claim to have come from the western part of the country? When we all know that it's an ACN dominated terrain. PDP!!! Hmmm
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by khattab02: 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
Shalek:

U go fear media propaganda na!
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by damysil: 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
Na GOD catch them. Dey no get sence on top 10k. Dey go face the music now . Why can't the so called politician make use of there family members ....
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by khattab02: 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
Anyway am waiting for the confirmed news and real story in the up coming days.
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by khattab02: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
damysil: Na GOD catch them. Dey no get sence on top 10k. Dey go face the music now . Why can't the so called politician make use of there family members ....

Lol.. Those people?They won't. Very sensible set of people.
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pharaoh9: yea, it has nothing to do with APC or Ngige, i suport! Na waw for Anambra people o! Not APC or Ngige o!
U are a foool at 80. Nonsense
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by MrAboki: 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
These are the real victims of the election..

They will be jailed.

The person they were going to rig the lections in favor of would not even lose a second of sleep over them.. grin
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by ChinoElects1: 5:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
See men with handbags from the pits of poverty ravaged Oshogbo..

I can see Eko ile, eggheaders etc are among these criminals... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ishaku: "You Will Make Millions, Drive Benz If I’m Re-elected" / Special Adviser To President On Inter-governmental Affairs Showing Off Tattoo / Planned Nationwide Protest, Who Are The Conveners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.