Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo (21988 Views)

Fake INEC Official Arrested In Famgbe, Bayelsa By The Police (Photo) / Fake INEC Officials Caught Registering Voters In Amaechi, Wike’s LG / 183 Osun "Observers" To Anambra Are Fake - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by funshint(m): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
The whole report sounds so ridiculous and senseless. Its just a ploy by Obi/APGA/PDP to tarnish d image of Ngige/APC. Anyway we are used 2 it. Even d report on channels did not show any any fake voters card. They only showed election observers i.d cards just like d once in d pictures above. My question is; where are d fake voters card that were being alleged? Secondly if truly they were being brought in 2 cause disturbance, how can 180pple come into a whole state with just 2 riffles? And lastly even if anybody will be brought in 2 rig, it will be highly unwise to bring in pple whose identity can be easily recognised talkless of bringing in pple 4rm far away Osun state when Edo, Imo or Delta are close by! That would have been d height of stupidity. APC are 2 wise and cultured than this. I believe APGA can do better than this failed movie. They shld perhaps consult a 5yrs old 2 give them better ideas if they need one. APGA is a sinking ship. Nobody can stop Ngige. Onwa is the man!!

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Arysexy(m): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
sagombugo: Money-back guarantee should be attached to paying of school fees of some people because they sure won't learn a thing!

The people arrested are duly accredited observers by INEC,the tags found on them were their ID cards

JEO is duly accredited to observe this election,they have a slot of 250. The 180 is part of them

Even TMG-Transition Monitoring Group estwhile led by Moshood Erubami has 633 accredited observers for this election

Ngige-phobia( The fear of Ngige!) is the in-thing in this election

What a shame! Educated illiterates masqurading as leaders of tomorrow

Go Onwa Go!

1. FAKE VOTERS CARD
2. INEC IDENTITY CARDS
3.OBSERVERS ID CARD
4. PUMP ACTION GUNS
5. OTHER INCRIMINATING MATERIALS(NGIGE POSTERS asreported on TV)

Police arrest 180 thugs with weapons

Meanwhile, reports reaching LEADERSHIP suggest that the Anambra poll may yet be marred by violence: the Imo State police command yesterday arrested about 1 80 armed hoodlums carrying fake voter cards, official identity cards of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and independent observer identity cards
The suspected bandits, who were said to be heading for Anambra State ahead of tomorrow’s governorship election, confessed that they were coming from Osun State before they were arrested around 7:30pm by the crack team of the Imo State police command in a hotel in Owerri, while waiting to link their contact persons in Anambra State.

According to the police, items recovered from them include two pump-action rifles, live ammunition rounds, 15 buses and other incriminating materials.

The suspects could not mention the political party they were hired to work for, even as LEADERSHIP gathered that they were paid over N50 million to rig the elections in favour of one of the candidates.

Parading the suspects, the commissioner of police, Muhammad Katsina, warned that the state would no longer be used as breeding ground for criminal activities, stressing that those arrested would face the law.

Katsina said that the heavily armed hoodlums were in the state to cause breach of the peace, and that the operation against miscreants would continue without hindrance.

One of the suspects who identified himself as Salawo Ayodele said that they were members of Justice and Equity Organisation and were hired to monitor the election in Anambra State.

Ayodele revealed that they were paid N10,000 each

5 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by mystical10: 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
wirinet:

A single vote can make a difference? How come? I thought you people said no true igbo son or daughter would vote for Ngige and his hausa/yoruba/ Muslim/terrorist/igbo departing party - APC? So how can 180 yoruba thugs make a difference for Ngige in an election with over 1.7 million registered voters, When he would require simple majority in at least 2/3 of the local governments to win.
let me correct u, we are voting for ngige no APC, as we did voted jonathan not PDP.if nt ngige and rochas i pity apc in nambra electn.
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by victor2020(m): 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Guys the latest joke in onitsha and environs is abeg u know where ngige's VIP toilets is located, i wan shit grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Lilimax(f): 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
Only if this Anambra election votes will be casted on Nairaland undecided
but it is not possible smiley?

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by OgologoDimkpa: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
osinachukwu: self deception we don't like ngige! angry,go eziowelle nsukwu agbaja enugu agidi dem dey insult am even abatete ppl dat he created road linking dem to ideani they re all cursing him stay der dey joke,u better bring your whole people from lagos to come vote ngige
O dikwa serious grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Pontaboki: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
Rochas is going down!!!,the foolish man is going down!!!

2 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by mystical10: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

Guess what?

I really don't give a flying fvuck who Ibo people allow to govern your states....its has absolutely no effect on me or my pocket.

Whoever you vote...you live with the consequences.

I really want a genuine national conference to really put some clear cut demarcation on our level of interaction in Nigeria.

If we eventually go back to the regions...whatever you do in your region will be entirely your business and headache....whatever we do in the SW will be our headache.

It gonna be a win-win situation for everybody.
heheeeh. I dnt knw tht yoruba ppl will one day cry for independent, we igbo fght they said no one nigeria una dnt ty.

2 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by OgologoDimkpa: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
chidinwachukwu: If its True then,our their progressives will be worse than PDP.I have said it that these People are hypocrites
Are you just knowing?
Mepeenu anya unu!
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by seangy4konji: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
dat side of town shaa...hmmmm
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
Good luck to Anambrarians.....

Please don't come and shed crocodile tears here on Nairaland if out of hatred and fear you succeed in putting the wrong man in Awka Govt House.
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by OgologoDimkpa: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pontaboki :
Rochas is going down!!!,the foolish man is going down!!!
**Epic fall**
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Abagworo(m): 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
Anti- democratic forces have unleashed their latest
retrogressive onslaught, less than forty-eight hours to
the Anambra Gubernatorial election, at civil society
activists and groups officially accredited by Independent
National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the premises of
Disney Hotels, Km 4, Owerri-Onitsha road, Owerri, Imo
State.
Our Organisation, the Justice and Equity Organisation
(JEO) accredited as observer in the Anambra
Governorship elections of 16th November, 2013 was the
victim of police repression and political game.
To ensure efficiency and credible observation, we have
organised a pre-election training and briefing session for
our Observers. The occasion was also used to distribute
election observation paraphernalia to our agents for the
Saturday elections. While this peaceful and unobtrusive
process was ongoing, a team of police men, acting
ostensibly to protect the interest of some evil minded
people swooped on the hotel, arrested all the 180
observers, mobilised by our organisation from across the
country and carted away the INEC-provided election
observation identification tags among other valuables.
This urgent public notice therefore became expedient in
view of the very reliable information at our disposal, on a
planned purported police stage-managed drama,
wherein the arrested activists would be paraded as
hoodlums and common criminals. In fact, the Police is
set to display some arms and ammunition to press home
its chicanery on the intent and gathering of the
comrades.
We are using this medium to appeal to members of the
public and the Inspector-General of police to as a matter
of urgency call the Police to order. The conduct of an
election should not and cannot be an excuse to declare a
state of emergency on the people who are supposed to
come and exercise their franchise freely. The undue
militarisation of Anambra State and its environs had
been a cause of concern to well-meaning observers. This
high-tension situation informed our choice of Owerri for
our training and briefing of mobilised observers. This
arrest and detention of well-meaning Nigerians, who
have sacrificed their time and comfort for voluntary
service in the interest of the nation must be roundly and
soundly condemned by all.
We are by this statement further calling on Mr.
President, the National Assembly, Party leaders,
Inspector-General of Police, the Press, INEC and
Nigerians for their intervention ahead of the election.
We hereby admonish the Police authorities to order the
immediate release of our members to forestall undue
tension during and after the election.
Sincerely yours,
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
mystical10: heheeeh. I dnt knw tht yoruba ppl will one day cry for independent, we igbo fght they said no one nigeria una dnt ty.

This is the type of educational product Obi is churning out.... grin
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by OgologoDimkpa: 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
Arysexy:

1. FAKE VOTERS CARD
2. INEC IDENTITY CARDS
3.OBSERVERS ID CARD
4. PUMP ACTION GUNS
5. OTHER INCRIMINATING MATERIALS(NGIGE POSTERS asreported on TV)

Police arrest 180 thugs with weapons

Meanwhile, reports reaching LEADERSHIP suggest that the Anambra poll may yet be marred by violence: the Imo State police command yesterday arrested about 1 80 armed hoodlums carrying fake voter cards, official identity cards of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and independent observer identity cards
The suspected bandits, who were said to be heading for Anambra State ahead of tomorrow’s governorship election, confessed that they were coming from Osun State before they were arrested around 7:30pm by the crack team of the Imo State police command in a hotel in Owerri, while waiting to link their contact persons in Anambra State.

According to the police, items recovered from them include two pump-action rifles, live ammunition rounds, 15 buses and other incriminating materials.

The suspects could not mention the political party they were hired to work for, even as LEADERSHIP gathered that they were paid over N50 million to rig the elections in favour of one of the candidates.

Parading the suspects, the commissioner of police, Muhammad Katsina, warned that the state would no longer be used as breeding ground for criminal activities, stressing that those arrested would face the law.

Katsina said that the heavily armed hoodlums were in the state to cause breach of the peace, and that the operation against miscreants would continue without hindrance.

One of the suspects who identified himself as Salawo Ayodele said that they were members of Justice and Equity Organisation and were hired to monitor the election in Anambra State.

Ayodele revealed that they were paid N10,000 each
You see am?
Ndi ojoo!!
I jump una pass angry

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Arysexy(m): 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
ilugunboy: Good luck to Anambrarians.....

Please don't come and shed crocodile tears here on Nairaland if out of hatred and fear you succeed in putting the wrong man in Awka Govt House.

Thank you. bye bye!

why are u crying more than d bereaved? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na so u love us reach? allow us vote for who we want.
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by OgologoDimkpa: 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
Arysexy:

Egwu onye? let ngige win freely. why is he always involved in electoral malpractice? He was chased out of awka govt house after he rigged tru pdp, now he has brot the same crime into his APC
He associated himself with Tinubu and perfected the rigging strategy sad.
He will fail!

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by oluamid(m): 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
Going by the many "unconfirmed" written in the body of the story, this is surely a badly cooked up attempt to ridicule someone. Politicians and their silly tricks sha. All these parties are the same. Given the opportunity, the victimized party will do the same thing.
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
funshint: The whole report sounds so ridiculous and senseless. Its just a ploy by Obi/APGA/PDP to tarnish d image of Ngige/APC. Anyway we are used 2 it. Even d report on channels did not show any any fake voters card. They only showed election observers i.d cards just like d once in d pictures above. My question is; where are d fake voters card that were being alleged? Secondly if truly they were being brought in 2 cause disturbance, how can 180pple come into a whole state with just 2 riffles? And lastly even if anybody will be brought in 2 rig, it will be highly unwise to bring in pple whose identity can be easily recognised talkless of bringing in pple 4rm far away Osun state when Edo, Imo or Delta are close by! That would have been d height of stupidity. APC are 2 wise and cultured than this. I believe APGA can do better than this failed movie. They shld perhaps consult a 5yrs old 2 give them better ideas if they need one. APGA is a sinking ship. Nobody can stop Ngige. Onwa is the man!!
re u dumb? They were carrying posters of ngige what more proof do u want?
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
Na who come hide my post na? Was it that offensive or what? grin tongue

Tomorrow is the d-day! I have told all my friends and their families in Awka to vote for Ngige. By sunday,I should be dancing skelewu to the victory of Onwa! cheesy

Ndi Anambra una anwuchula!! cool
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

This is the type of educational product Obi is churning out.... grin
he said the truth naw we wanted to go,u ppl refuse now we re all here 2geda,1 liegeria to eternity!!!

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
osinachukwu: re u dumb? They were carrying posters of ngige what more proof do u want?
What proof do you also have that they were carrying Ngige's posters?
Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by gratiaeo(m): 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

[s]Guess what?

I really don't give a flying fvuck who Ibo people allow to govern your states....its has absolutely no effect on me or my pocket.

Whoever you vote...you live with the consequences.

I really want a genuine national conference to really put some clear cut demarcation on our level of interaction in Nigeria.

If we eventually go back to the regions...whatever you do in your region will be entirely your business and headache....whatever we do in the SW will be our headache.

It gonna be a win-win situation for everybody.
[/s]
Rubbish!
What are youth from your village doing with gun, fake Inec ID and Anambra state voters card in Igbo land?

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Arrested With Guns & Fake INEC ID Cards In Imo by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
berem: Na who come hide my post na? Was it that offensive or what? grin tongue

Tomorrow is the d-day! I have told all my friends and their families in Awka to vote for Ngige. By sunday,I should be dancing skelewu to the victory of Onwa! cheesy

Ndi Anambra una anwuchula!! cool
u mean ur friends and family in ibadan ogbomosho and ijebu? undecided who re u decieving,because u manage learn few words for igbo?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Dele Momodu With His Father / Graphic Photos From The Suicide Bomb Blast Near A Mosque In Maiduguri / Governor Rauf Aregbesola Helps Accident Victims - See Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.