Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! (39761 Views)

Buhari PR Article On Financial Times Paid For By Delta And Cross River State Gov / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by MrAboki: 10:03am On Nov 15, 2013
nutty_hnic: The Truth is the Moment Nigerians sit down and deeply think about what she wrote, then realise that there isn't any problem with what Ann has said............

Then we are a ready for Revolution. Then we are ready for a change...but of course we ain't ready.

Another revolution monger on the Loose.... grin

Na your type be internet activist.. Yet you can never take the lead.

No time for your type of Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by caprini: 10:04am On Nov 15, 2013
Nobody talks or cares about you,if you've got nothing they envy.Nigeria ..
great country..great people...BELIEVE.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by haibe(m): 10:10am On Nov 15, 2013
Sir-Tunechi:
they have recognised our genius. I love Nigeria

Even if you think your answer is right in the education forum, you didn't have to go against the rules having read simple instruction.
don't be surprised if you get banned.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Another revolution monger on the Loose.... grin

Na your type be internet activist.. Yet you can never take the lead.

No time for your type of Nigerians

I have taken part in protest in Nigeria. Infact i was once asked to pay a fine before i could join a protest.

Am not afraid to fight for this COuntry....So long as when i fall, someone else keeps fighting.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by MrAboki: 10:19am On Nov 15, 2013
nutty_hnic:

I have taken part in protest in Nigeria. Infact i was once asked to pay a fine before i could join a protest.

Am not afraid to fight for this COuntry....So long as when i fall, someone else keeps fighting.

So you have admitted that what Ann Coulter said is right.. #Fine.

Oya start the revolution na... grin

Incase you have forgotten how the Arab spring started.. It took just 1 man. I small man. Infact, a roadside seller name Muhammed Bouazizi.

Today.. Muhammed's sacrifice has led to the ousting of;

Muammar Ghadaffi
Mubarak Housni
Mohammed Morsi

And has spread to over 6 Arab Nations..

So my guy.. Lead the way. 10 litres of Petrol is all it will take. Douse yourself with it and strike a match... Leave the rest to us.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by willyray(m): 10:20am On Nov 15, 2013
unreal

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Ejike3: 10:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Incase you have forgotten how the Arab spring started.. It took just 1 man. 10 litres of Petrol is all it will take. Douse yourself with it and strike a match... Leave the rest to us.
V.good advice.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki:

So my guy.. Lead the way. 10 litres of Petrol is all it will take. Douse yourself with it and strike a match... Leave the rest to us.

My belle o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by mako007(m): 10:35am On Nov 15, 2013
I'm glad Nigerians here are hurt, that's a sign of patriotism and that we still believe in Nigeria. Long live our motherland Nigeria. For Nigeria we were created!

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by folahann(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2013
I do not blame the author of this article at all. This is what we have brought upon our selves.
Let's face the fact, Nigeria has the highest number of online scammers, maybe partly due to our population though. I'm sure everybody on this forum knows one yahoo yahoo boy or the other in the area.
You see alot of jobless young guys all around driving exotic cars. They all claim yahoo yahoo is not a crime, they are simply reclaiming what the white men stole from our forefathers. A lot of them even go as far as seeking spiritual powers from herbalists and so on.

Are there a lot of Nigerian fraudsters on the internet? Yes
Do we have a very high number of corrupt leaders? Yes
One point is 95% of Nigerians are corrupt and that's a fact. Everybody claims they're not corrupt but let them receive credit alert mistakenly.
The last time someone returned 800,000 that was wrongly credited to his account, he was been cursed here on nairaland.

...but I must confess, the writer went overboard with the Unilag credit card claim. That is pure rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by sarutobi: 10:40am On Nov 15, 2013
Allohrandy: it seems like you are among those scammer giving Nigeria a bad name because it takes a thief to know a thief. I know many Nigerians in the States and 99.999% of them are hard working and involved in legitimate businesses. Most of the crimes in my city are committed by Americans. I am not really mad at the writer of the article because she is ignorant and needs to be enlighten but I am really piss off your statement. So if a 20 years old Nigerian makes a lot of money and buys a home after spending a year oversea, it means that he is a scammer or a drug dealer. There are many young Nigerians making lots of money legitimately overseas without getting involved in crime. you sound like a Uncle Tom ( A black man during the days of slavery who will do anything to stay in good standing with "the white man" including betray his own people). Go and kiss Ann Coulter as5

he said a 20 year old goes abroad and starts to spend millions of dollars within a year. That is abnormal. For a 20 year Old, its abnormal. There is no crime in being suspicious and reporting to the authorities. They will come in and investigate. If he is clean then fine.

I am guilty of this. I know some people who knows yahoo boys, and despite the fact that i cannot scam anyone myself, i cannot report these pple for fear of being termed "enemy of progress" by thier families. I have neva met them face to face, but u need to see the kind of cars this kids drive. Something wey my papa no go even dream. Are u telling me these guys are legit? All they do is club, party, smoke, drink, and later they will travel again to malaysia probably when the account is running low.

I see a bright future for nigeria but it will take some time though.

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Incase you have forgotten how the Arab spring started.. It took just 1 man. I small man. Infact, a roadside seller name Muhammed Bouazizi.

Muammar Ghadaffi
Mubarak Housni
Mohammed Morsi

Do i have to set my self ablaze for us all?

When the same people that ought to be fighting for the better good of this country support corruption.....
They Are in a naive bubble discussing about political parties, candidates that only care about themselves.

i just try to be a good citizen and be of help to as many as i can, as i believe if every one of us can get the self awareness and consciousness of how we are connected to each other, and we begin to see ourselves as everyone else and vice versa. And we love eachother, and leave in peace.

there would be less corruption and we would be in a better society.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by MrEverest(m): 11:02am On Nov 15, 2013
bolayei: This bad media easy to solve but na to gather the solution hard....Abi our smart ones dey do fraud ?ok, kai if i get magic wand wey i fit just swing for every nigerian immigrant in america and the american born with nigerian origin make dem sleep 2 days no wake, so dem no go go work, make we see if e no go affect america or not?

As much as i agree say our culture na im dey make us do fraud(truth bitter but must be told), because all the non africans wey i don come accross no dey do fraud if dem partake na because them need fast money but us na profession.

I HATE THIS WESTERN WORLD WITH A PASSION.....BUT MAN KINDA STUCK HERE.

What is this one saying? A white demented witch wrote a very demeaning, racist, derogatory and hate-inciting piece of trash against Nigerians for global consumption and all you could come up with is this incoherent, nonsensical and insensitive trash, SMH at you! probably you are still cocooned in one remote village in Nigeria and you feel you have nothing at stake here but I promise you that one day either you or a loved one will present the green passport only for you/him to be asked to step aside, then you will understand the magnitude of the bad PR and ethnic profiling this b!tch and her ilks could cause with such cheap blackmail.

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by nhero(m): 11:07am On Nov 15, 2013
I don't care what they think of my country Nigeria, they've stolen from us one way nor the other and they will pay back,down to generations to come they will pay.I hate them just has they hate us,they infiltrate our homes and there's is still tears in our forefathers eyes.......they will pay
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 15, 2013
I am presently studying at Cranfield University....You would be amazed at the level of Ignorance some "oyinbos" display as regards information relating other ethnicity. Classes has become more of me lecturing them about the true situation on the African continent including Nigeria. They always make their judgement often based on information from their press. we need a media in the like of Aljazeera to truly project the image of Nigeria.If I told you some of the stuffs my lecturers say about Nigerians you would wonder who is truly knowledgeable on world affairs
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by oribim(m): 11:08am On Nov 15, 2013
braine:

So what this Nitwit is trying to say is that Americans don't do fraud??
What a naïve writter•

This mad woman wants attention• But then, anyone can write what ever they want• I can write a piece here on Nairaland, slandering Americans too•

These attacks and disrespect these days from outsiders call for a tangible reaction•
stop being too negatively critical of what the op posted. In reality and I mean stridently lacking of all sentimental prejudice, Nigerian is the bane of global criminality coming so close so to be deified ''gods of criminality''.Now see this : the average monarch is in liaison with the average politician;the average politician administers the administration of the average thug for his benefit.The truth is that corruption in nigeria is an innate complex diversified magniloquent construct of a virus,that only common sense can kill.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by SouthernIdole: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2013
SLIDE waxie: By default, the whites are stup!d.
Sometimes they think like a kid and try to incite u to anger...

When u react accordingly, they get happy, when u dnt, they get mad and look foolish..

i'm talking from experience.
The id!ot who wrote this article only wanted attention and biliv me, he will get it..

it won't be hard to knw that it was deliberate!

Ignore the id!ot, big time!
here is the author's twitter handle @anncoulter her name is Ann Coulter. she deserves some bashing. as if they weren't the ones that taught us corruption. all stolen oils from the shores of Nigeria are made possible with the help of Western collaboration especially the US. bunch of drone infested fools who think they are better than every other people in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 15, 2013
Anuoluwap:
unpatriotic? Hmmm...sorry I don't log behind evil doers and still pretend. Truth is always bitter don't be an hypocrite cause you leave in the country. And you don't have to be worried by every of her exaggerations. She didn't lie when she called nigerians orphans, that's what nigerians will be if you know the evil doers and still cover them and your goverment still rules you like we aint running democracy. C'mon nobody will kill you if you criticize your country. Don't just paint it as if no commas in nigeria. This makes me remember the line, "there's fire on the mountain, and no one seems to be on the run" in Asa's song.

I still put the question to you!!! What department in the University of Lagos gives you a major in credit card fraud.
And since you so believe in her cause to rubbish all your country men,
Which of this three goups do you fall into...
1) The smart nigerians-graduates of credit card frauds and internet scamers
2) The medium Nigers- car snathers and robbers
3) The dumb nigerians- drug smugglers

Oh no, this wasn't meant to offend you, but truth hurts, if you believe this dis-illusioned maniac, then you have to come to the terms that you belong to one of thos groups as well as everyone you hold dear to your hearts- seee my point?.
So kindly let us know for the records, do u and ur peeps belong to any of these group?
The share hatred reeking from this maniac is repulsive. She wasn't adressing the bad elements of Nigerian society. She was adressing the whole people of Nigeria.
Are you choosing or would you rather beg the question?

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Dee60: 11:12am On Nov 15, 2013
Our 'oga at the top' does not give a damn!

The rot continues, and that right from the top! Once the head of the fish is stinking and rotten, it spreads quickly through the body!

Tell our friends in Aviation and in the Senate - the world, the whole world is looking at them!
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by MrEverest(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Muammar Ghadaffi
Mubarak Housni
Mohammed Morsi

Nnaa you wicked o, you are preaching self immolation to a typical fun loving Naija dude, worst of all, a self righteous and holier than thou attitude arss licker who finds nothing wrong in the silly write up of a white supremacist.

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by LadyH(f): 11:22am On Nov 15, 2013
Kairoseki77: Take it from someone that spends a lot of time America, racism is back with a VENGEANCE!

They don't try to hide it at all anymore. People in public will give you mean looks, call your children n*ggers in school, they call the President disgusting names. Every online news article is filled with comments from open, unashamed racists. And the society no longer cares.

The attacks on Obamacare are based in the same racial hatred that has driven much of his opposition. The writer of this article KNOWS that Ted Cruz was called racist for comparing Obamacare to Nigerian scammers, and she DOES. NOT. CARE. She included Nigeria because she ENJOYS being racist, and wants people to be upset.

Read the article and how they lie that we teach credit fraud in Naija Universities. It is disgusting.

America has become openly racist again, and it's not changing anytime soon.

[size=15pt]BTW - Nigerians are the most educated immigrant group in the US! Higher academic achievement than Britons, Germans, Chinese, etc, etc. EVEN MORE EDUCATED THAN THE AMERICAN WHITES!

"According to 2006 census data, 37 percent of Nigerians in the U.S. had bachelor's degrees, 17 percent held master's degrees and 4 percent had doctorates. In contrast, the same census data showed only 19 percent of white Americans had bachelor’s degrees, 8 percent held master’s degrees and only 1 percent held doctorates, the paper reports."[/size]

I don't want to include the source for fear of the anti spam bot.
We all know how the whites have always loved to lord over us. It's only unfortunate for them now that the black race is moving ahead, growing. Worst still, a black man is the US President. This is JEALOUSY, BITTERNESS, definitely not RACISM as earlier practiced. My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by obailala(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2013
rexzqcom: Holly cow!!! What can i say? This is what has become of Nigeria. Though there is little exageration, the writer is not too far from the truth. our society is riddled with criminilities. Up from the so call leaders to the lower ones on the street. people dreams of getting rich without the thought of providing services to earn their keep. This mind set of something for nothing is killing our nation. wether we like it or not, this is our national credibility in th,e world. Other nations are raking their heads, spending sleepless night to create, invent, or discover things to elevate the human conditions, up lift, and improve living standards, thereby improving their own lots in life. No, nigerians want to lie, con, scan, steal, rob, and kidnap their ways to affleunce. we are not fooling anybody but ourselves. Though there are lots of men and women of reputible moral dignities among us, unfortunately, the empty vessels makes the loudest noise, thereby defining all of us. Something have to give. This nation has out lived its usefullness. It is a failed state. Big does not necessary equate great. The country need to be reconstituted to a smaller manageable parts.

It's good to be defend ur country patriotically but unfortunately the truth is too difficult to conceal for too long... undecided undecided cry cry

For how long can the few good ones amongst us continue to fight this lost battle of defending and upholding our non-existent integrity?? ... it is no news that we have a lot of bad seed in our nation.. and as empty vessels make the loudest noise, we are simply defined by the loudest sound our neighbors hear... U cant really blame the writer of the 'offensive' article and no matter how much we insult or try to gag these reporters, it doesn't change the truth which we all know..

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Ikenna94: 11:30am On Nov 15, 2013
Dis is disgraceful nd insultive , tank u yahoo boys 4 d gud name
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by charlor201: 11:32am On Nov 15, 2013
Know matter how much they try, we can never go down>>> Proud Nija
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by HARDDON: 11:36am On Nov 15, 2013
Ann left the fact that google has taken the world right off their feet to write this bullock?

Ann, might i ask u a question? WHY are them Misfits called YAHOO YAHOO boys please?

unto some other crz matters, those con guys are silly!

con men are more deadly in America, india and china, they steal millions weekly but they learn to cover their tracks n dont do it d raze down bfi ways! yet these road touts cnt just eat a penny n let nigeria rest!
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 15, 2013
The most annoying thing about the poor write-up is that the writer couldn't explain to us what have been or could have been done to get rid of those known to have swindled the government medicare and medicaid by their fraudulent claims yet he or she is able to list them. Merely looking at the piece of information, this is one individual who is trying so hard to make his or her views emphatic enough to the American public by relating the failure to Russian fleet crashes and the Nigerian prince willing to exchange his inheritance for citizen's account number. That is clearly unappealing while reading it. There is every reason to say this is Yahoo-yahoo write-up for Yahoo boys(scams). grin grin grin
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by slightlyMad(f): 11:41am On Nov 15, 2013
It's in the news, Ann, the poster of that article is HIV+ If thats true, then i see her frustration.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by nelajayi(m): 11:47am On Nov 15, 2013
Akosbaba: Truth hurts
Akosbaba: Truth hurts
Well,maybe the writer added spice to her perception of my country but the truth remains that only few countries can compete with the level of fraud in 9ja.That is not to say there are no good nigerians working hard legitimately,home and abroad to make ends meet.They're just blind to 1 thing which i'm proud of as a nigerian; we are smart!It wont be an exaggeration to say 9ja has d largest concentratn of smart people around d world.they know this and they wish it wasnt so.It's only unfortunate dt most of our brothers and sisters due 2 frustratn n deep desire 2 survive have been using our being smart in d wrong way.That wont blind us from seeing and aprec8in countless nigerians doing well all over the world.So let them say what they like coz 'ofe l'ohun'.I'm proud to be one of these smart and happy people called Nigerians!cheesy
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Izadibabe: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2013
I am an old hand at browsing the nairaland forum and I have never felt the need to join as a user or to run any commentary but felt a pressing need to do something in regards to this post and the myriad of responses that have been posited here. I am a thirty something year old who has watched Nigeria deteriorate from a beautiful promising country to a mere geographic expression that is currently run by brigands. However the country is still the only country I have and since we have allowed ourselves to be ridiculed all over the world by our actions or in actions it is time to start thinking of how we can get our country back on track. Let us dispense with the name calling and tribalism; roll up our selves and get down to brass tracks. The first thing we all need to do is begin to get involved from the grass roots up. Let us start challenging things, demanding for accountability and saying no to corruption. We can all get involved even the arm chair critics. The internet is a powerful weapon for activism, lot us begin to harness its powers. Join an advocacy group and pay attention to what the government and people in power are doing. It's time for less talk and more actions. Please sign up for action. If you don't know where to go then ping me here and I will send a link sharply.

Thank you; all useful commentary and usual Naija insults very welcome.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Bizibi(m): 11:51am On Nov 15, 2013
nelajayi:
Well,maybe the writer added spice to her perception of my country but the truth remains that only few countries can compete with the level of fraud in 9ja.That is not to say there are no good nigerians working hard legitimately,home and abroad to make ends meet.They're just blind to 1 thing which i'm proud of as a nigerian; we are smart!It wont be an exaggeration to say 9ja has d largest concentratn of smart people around d world.they know this and they wish it wasnt so.It's only unfortunate dt most of our brothers and sisters due 2 frustratn n deep desire 2 survive have been using our being smart in d wrong way.That wont blind us from seeing and aprec8in countless nigerians doing well all over the world.So let them say what they like coz 'ofe l'ohun'.I'm proud to be one of these smart and happy people called Nigerians!cheesy
then Nigerians should be smart in moving the country forward not drowning its image
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
America itself is a bleeped up country,
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by seangy4konji: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bleep what you post.we still cashing out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Three Dead As Soldiers Chase Ballot Box Snatchers In Imo / Political War Breaks Out In Warri, Delta. Residents Killed. Graphic Pics / FFK: Rivers, Change Port Harcourt Name, Here Is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.