Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! (39769 Views)

Buhari PR Article On Financial Times Paid For By Delta And Cross River State Gov / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by akereconfi: 12:18am On Nov 15, 2013
icebeatz:

Nigeria, for example, leads the world in criminal enterprises. Every level of Nigerian society is criminal, with the smart ones running Internet scams, the mid-range ones running car theft rings, and the stupid ones engaging in piracy and kidnapping. At the University of Lagos, you can major in credit card fraud.

There were almost no Nigerians in the United States until the 1970s. Today, there are nearly 250,000 Nigerians in the U.S. (committing the cyber-crime Americans just won't do!). In 2011, we took in more immigrants from Nigeria than from the United Kingdom (9,246 from the U.K. and 9,344 from Nigeria).

http://news.yahoo.com/speak-nigerian-prince-health-care-press-1-now-000008077.html

DAMMMMMMM
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 15, 2013
Believe me you, some Americans think with their butt. When it comes to cyber crimes, Nigeria is a learner, some kids overseas are bad ass hackers

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Emmyk(m): 12:19am On Nov 15, 2013
shocked
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Dieumerci(m): 12:22am On Nov 15, 2013
Disgusting!
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Djtm(m): 12:23am On Nov 15, 2013
omg! I actually laughed at the "major in credit card fraud". I don't think anyone should get angry at the piece as we all read the sh1t said at the anambra campaign. We caused it, leaders and followers alike. so let's sit down and bear enjoy the insults. I've gotten past getting angry at stuffs like this.

6 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by specialguest(f): 12:23am On Nov 15, 2013
Even though the writer isn't completely wrong, i find it offensive for a company as big as yahoo to publish this malicious mail aimed solely at demeaning the image of other hardworking Nigerians all over the world. Yes we have one or two cases of cyber crime Originating from Nigeria in the US but she failed to mention how the accomplices in such crimes are mostly citizens of the country being defrauded. Americans not excluded.

Nigerians are doing us proud all over the world and i couldn't have wished to be born in any other country.

God please keep our enemies long to see what Nigeria will become, by the time bombs and recession eats deep into the American society you will see how they would be queuing up in Nigerian embassies abroad applying for visas to come over to the green side. Until then........ #freshair in progress

9 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Ayoobscom(m): 12:27am On Nov 15, 2013
I have never seen a photograph of Nigeria taken with a better camera,a fanatical caricature of our corrupted ways from leadership to education is snapped and brand into a sizeable frame before the world.

Nigeria is so degenerated that I'm afraid to raise my own child in my own country when he/arrives....its so worisome...

5 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Rapmaestro(m): 12:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Silly
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by rexzqcom(m): 12:29am On Nov 15, 2013
Holly cow!!! What can i say? This is what has become of Nigeria. Though there is little exageration, the writer is not too far from the truth. our society is riddled with criminilities. Up from the so call leaders to the lower ones on the street. people dreams of getting rich without the thought of providing services to earn their keep. This mind set of something for nothing is killing our nation. wether we like it or not, this is our national credibility in th,e world. Other nations are raking their heads, spending sleepless night to create, invent, or discover things to elevate the human conditions, up lift, and improve living standards, thereby improving their own lots in life. No, nigerians want to lie, con, scan, steal, rob, and kidnap their ways to affleunce. we are not fooling anybody but ourselves. Though there are lots of men and women of reputible moral dignities among us, unfortunately, the empty vessels makes the loudest noise, thereby defining all of us. Something have to give. This nation has out lived its usefullness. It is a failed state. Big does not necessary equate great. The country need to be reconstituted to a smaller manageable parts.

9 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Djtm(m): 12:31am On Nov 15, 2013
specialguest: Even though the writer isn't completely wrong, i find it offensive for a company as big as yahoo to publish this malicious mail aimed solely at demeaning the image of other hardworking Nigerians all over the world. Yes we have one or two cases of cyber crime Originating from Nigeria in the US but she failed to mention how the accomplices in such crimes are mostly citizens of the country being defrauded. Americans not excluded.

Nigerians are doing us proud all over the world and i couldn't have wished to be born in any other country.

God please keep our enemies long to see what Nigeria will become, by the time bombs and recession eats deep into the American society you will see how they would be queuing up in Nigerian embassies abroad applying for visas to come over to the green side. Until then........ #freshair in progress

Most cyber crimes int he world are from Nigeria. I appreciate your hope in Nigeria and your love for this country but *smh* this country is in deep mess atm. It would take a lot of time to clean up the mess.The article wasn't solely aimed at demeaning our image. btw from your post I can assume you're a buti lady who doesn't fully know how deep the sh1t we're in is.

5 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by fruityjojo(f): 12:31am On Nov 15, 2013
"There were almost no Nigerians in the United States until
the 1970s".
Really! Wat abt all thoes billions of slaves captured frm West Africa, Nigeria inclusive dat were transported to America as far back as I619!!! Wat an ignourant thing!

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by agabaI23(m): 12:33am On Nov 15, 2013
But none of the convicts names she listed is Nigerian which inadvertently contradicts her claim.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Allohrandy(m): 12:35am On Nov 15, 2013
why is this rubbish in the front page? MOD please move this article to the back page where it belongs.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by AreaFada2: 12:36am On Nov 15, 2013
Don't mind those educated Western fools and ignorants. They just CAN'T resist demonstrating their racism.

The worst fraudulent acts have always been carried out by them and their ancestors:

Slave trade, colonialism, fraudulent and insider-dealing banks, economy crippling banking fraud, you name name it.

TO SPEAK TO A TYPICAL AMERICAN BUSINESSMAN LIKE BERNARD MADOFF, PRESS 1.

TO SPEAK TO AN AMERICAN PONZI DUDE, PRESS 2.

TO SPEAK TO AN AMERICAN INSIDER-DEALER, PRESS 3.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by knightsTempler: 12:41am On Nov 15, 2013
Otiga Alih: The other day, it was BBC writing its own. I can still remember some model who teased lagosians on twitter asking if they wear clothes.

Wake up Nigerians, what's the way forward?

Wait! I have a better one. . . like people in America who should know better asking Nigerians if they live on trees. . .
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by SirTunechi(f): 12:42am On Nov 15, 2013
they have recognised our genius. I love Nigeria
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Elxandre(m): 12:44am On Nov 15, 2013
Yahoo or whosoever posted this story should bow their head in shame!
How can such a reputable organization allow itself to be used by an acutely myopic mind to propagate his personal hatred against some group of people?
Really americans dont do cyber crimes?
Many insane people are on the prowl. Some are in media houses, some are in various organizations.. You cant identify them because they wear clean clothes!
This writer is one of them!!!

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by soulglo: 12:45am On Nov 15, 2013
I couldn't be bothered. I actually enjoy them wallowing in their ignorance. While they are busy looking for their "Nigerian criminals" the real hardworking Nigerians are taking over the United States. Only one name there even sounds remotely Nigerian. The rest look Asian. They are just trying all they can to tie this administration foreigners. Stirring the "Obama is Kenyan" pot. Their ignorance is our gain. Let's let them stay ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by logica(m): 12:46am On Nov 15, 2013
engineerd: Though some of her assertions are ON POINT e.g Nigeria's culture is one of criminality and corruption.....but her delivery sounds condescending and has some racial superiority undertones.....Well the bad eggs amongst Nigerians seem to have a louder voice, but i'm not in anyway fazed cause a lot of Nigerians are contributing positively to the American society e.g
How can an American in anyway think he/she is more decent that a Nigerian? Funny, they now think they can be counted amongst the decent. People of questionable pedigree (mostly from criminal roots) now mounting the podium? O am se o. Generally Americans should only talk when goats are bleating, not when other humans are talking.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by hustla(m): 12:46am On Nov 15, 2013
it is obvious the woman was stupid enough to be caught up in all these inheritance scams, she sounds sooooooooooooooo pained

Americans can be gullible, stupid and lazy sha.. To actually think the kind of scams Americans themselves pull ehn... you will be shocked

Anyways ko kan aye.. na how Nigeria wan take beat Ethiopia concern me now

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Pataki: 12:47am On Nov 15, 2013
Only if Nigerians spent half the energy they expend in insulting the writer of the article to rather talk sense into each other and our foolish leaders, we won't be the subject of constant international ridicule.

16 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by hustla(m): 12:48am On Nov 15, 2013
Djtm:
Most cyber crimes int he world are from Nigeria. I appreciate your hope in Nigeria and your love for this country but *smh* this country is in deep mess atm. It would take a lot of time to clean up the mess.The article wasn't solely aimed at demeaning our image. btw from your post I can assume you're a buti lady who doesn't fully know how deep the sh1t we're in is.

Blatant lie bro, Jamaicans, Russians and Cote D'Ivorians abi how will are put it sef are worse than Nigerians oo... Jamaicans actually kill each other for spamming email lists.. can you beat that?

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by AreaFada2: 12:48am On Nov 15, 2013
Djtm:

You mean some gullible Westerners trying to connive with a supposed corrupt Nigerian "prince/Minister/CBN staff" to dupe Nigeria of millions of dollars, he/she then get duped in the process and we call them victims?

If the table were turned, US would be asking the supposed victim to be extradited for attempted conspiracy to defraud.

You say most cyber crimes, give the figures: bar/pie chart, any kind of verified scientific proof.

It seems that somebody splashes sh!t on you and you're using it to rub like pomade.

8 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by bolayei: 12:49am On Nov 15, 2013
This bad media easy to solve but na to gather the solution hard....Abi our smart ones dey do fraud ?ok, kai if i get magic wand wey i fit just swing for every nigerian immigrant in america and the american born with nigerian origin make dem sleep 2 days no wake, so dem no go go work, make we see if e no go affect america or not?

As much as i agree say our culture na im dey make us do fraud(truth bitter but must be told), because all the non africans wey i don come accross no dey do fraud if dem partake na because them need fast money but us na profession.

I HATE THIS WESTERN WORLD WITH A PASSION.....BUT MAN KINDA STUCK HERE.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by specialguest(f): 12:50am On Nov 15, 2013
Djtm:

Lol @ buti lady... Seriously how deep is the sh1t? If the write up is not aimed to further destroy the not so good image of Nigeria in the International community what else could be her motive? Despite the remarkable achievements of Nigerians both home and abroad in recent times the writer choose to portray us only in a negative manner. Where was she when our golden eaglets sweated and came out victoriously in the just concluded under fifa 17 world cup? Did she remember to write a congratulatory note to Nigerians on yahoo website? #Godiswatching

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by danjalingo: 12:51am On Nov 15, 2013
s3nn2x: shocked

I am really not concerned about what some journalist writes about my country. I am more concerned about the official stand of the American Government.

I read the piece twice and I really don't see the issue there, at least the writer made a snide comment on Russia, about planes falling from the sky.

Anyway, the writer is entitled to her/his opinion and it is obvious she/he is writing based on sentiment and the piece is not value free.

I have gotten to a stage of not caring what some stranger things about me and my country.
righteous America, by the way, where does HARLLI BURTON come from?

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by LadyH(f): 12:52am On Nov 15, 2013
grin lemme gaan sleep. tomoro, I will read n comment beta tin.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by phuckNL: 12:53am On Nov 15, 2013
specialguest: Even though the writer isn't completely wrong, i find it offensive for a company as big as yahoo to publish this malicious mail aimed solely at demeaning the image of other hardworking Nigerians all over the world. Yes we have one or two cases of cyber crime Originating from Nigeria in the US but she failed to mention how the accomplices in such crimes are mostly citizens of the country being defrauded. Americans not excluded.

Story story. Let's get real. Nigerians are gradually becoming a pain. We keep saying the percentage of Nigerians that commit fraud is less than 1% of the population yet statistics show that more Nigerians are actually committing scams/crimes. Rather than feel bad and scream anytime an article is written, why don't we DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Every NIGERIAN knows at least one SCAMMER or Yahoo boy or something. We secretly celebrate these idiots. Maybe if we started REPORTING them, the world will take us seriously. Why is that all the medicare scammers in NY, Houston etc don't get reported. We Nigerians know all these people. Either Report them or SHUT UP and let the world continue abusing/degrading you.

4 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by knightsTempler: 12:54am On Nov 15, 2013
The nitwit write derogatory stuff aimed at immigrants and Nigerians in particular, just cuz She has a problem with Obama and family and she is still recovering from her stomach ulcer as a result of Obama's sweeping victory.
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by AreaFada2: 12:58am On Nov 15, 2013
dan jalingo:
righteous America, by the way, where does HARLLI BURTON come from?

No mind those brainwashed by CNN.

Naija is not more fraudulent than any other country of similar socio-economic situation/poverty/unemployment, percentage of young people :old people ratio AND mobility both within and without Naija borders.

All these vitriol targeting Naija is a veiled attempt to point a finger at Obama's African origins BUT mentioning Kenya would be too direct and crude.

Moreover, a lot of haters get orgas.m when they hear any bad thing about Naija, be it frabricated or not.

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by tpia5: 1:01am On Nov 15, 2013
I see our fellow nigerians and their non-nigerian sidekicks are up to their tricks as usual.

@ topic.

Anything to do with the internet is always linked to these shady nigerians?
Re: Yahoo Posts Offensive Article On Nigeria!!!!! by Idrismusty97(m): 1:02am On Nov 15, 2013
The problem isn't their complexion, it's their
culture. In America, we think only dumb people
become criminals. That's not true in the Third
World!
If she dey talk to me face-face like this i go cripple o.She hit us hard mehn.........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Amaechi Gets Highest Catholic Knights Promotion In Abuja (Photos) / Supporters Mob Tinubu At APC Presidential Screening / Office Of The Former Deputy Governor, Asaba: Hilarious Political Signboard I Saw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.