Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

CO-SHARE YOUR NANNY, SAVE HUGE ON CHILDCARE. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / CO-SHARE YOUR NANNY, SAVE HUGE ON CHILDCARE. (1173 Views)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / Nanny Caught On Camera Slapping A 5-month-old Girl / What's Your Nanny Doing With Your Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CO-SHARE YOUR NANNY, SAVE HUGE ON CHILDCARE. by shopkraft(f): 12:48am On Jul 17, 2008
This post is for all Nairaland Mums,

If your are tired of paying high prices for childcare, then this is for you.

I have developed a website and business for Mums and Single Dads who have custody of their kids to come together and share a Nanny that will combine as Nanny/Housekeeper/laundry-help/Homework Assistant/Haircare Assistance/Grocery Helper/Events Helper.

The idea will be to pool with another family close to your area and employ ONE Nanny to stay in your home or your neighbour's home and look after your kids together for one Price. So instead of paying a Nanny for 2 kids, you can pay one nanny to care for more kids in one house and share the cost with your neighbour. The advantages of this is that your kids will benefit as they will have more fun with other kids and you can alternate the house where nanny will be on each day of the week and the chores that will be done.

For Mums who have little girls, you will save a lot of money on haircare cost too as this will be part of the deal. Do you know how tedious it is to go grocery shopping, take out all those heavy food items, put them away where they belong and then cook, wash dishes and then sit down to do homework. Plus keep up with numerous appointment with the dentist, hairdressers, etc? The nanny can do all these for you and you can just concentrate on enjoying your kids and your marriage.

I am passionate about this and I want to experiment and discover potential problems by doing these services nanny myself. During this period, I will be the recruiter, the nanny manager and the NANNY herself. I will use this "training time" to talk to Mums, understand their concerns and experience whatever challenge we may face and helpful insights to make this successful.

I am in Philadelphia currently and so will only be able to work in Philadelphia. As soon as this takes off, I an interested in extending services to New-Jersy, New York. I have Mums who are willing to relocate temporarily if you get an emergency job offer and your present Nanny is not able to come with you. Or If you are a Mum who needs to travel to Nigeria and the chores will be too much for your husband, if you find a Mum in your neighbourhood who will let your kids stay in their house and share Nanny services for all your kids, we will be more than willing to "stand in" for your and take care of the kids, take them to school, bring them back, etc till you return. For Mums who does nightshift, if you can find another mum in your area that does nightshif who is willing to co-share a nanny with you, then you can work 4 full night shifts and combine your hours and still work 40hrs a week and get to enjoy the rest of the week and still able to reduce the daycare/nanny cost because you are spreading the payment with another Mum. We can even do 3 Mums, but you will have to Know the Mums and be comfortable with their family and kids before this arrangement can work.

During the Nanny hours, you will be responsible for meals, fun painting activities and other kids artwork(You will provide the materials), we will sing and play just like in school, watch movies like barney, magic school-bus, etc, we will braid hairs during the weekend, do kids and Mums laundry(No Dads laundry please!), help you with Grocery errands on agreed days, help plan and serve during birthday parties(special rates)etc. I will also be willing to help with Newborn Mums who have had a C-Section and therefore not able to do much around the house and need all the help they can get. For Newly born Mums, I will not be able to co-share this service with another if the Mum is staying at home and care is required for both Mums and infants. However if there is a special arrangements between two Mums who live close enough and can let the infants stay at home of one of them while they go to work,(by work I mean Mums with typical 8hrs/day shift), then we can work something out. I have two wonderful grandmums who I have checked out myself and are on my waiting list.

The objective is to achieve one common goal. SAVE COST and let the Kids have more fun.

I am easy to get along and you will get to do all checks and background information as you wish. Other Nanny I recruit will be dispatched and managed via me and will have impeccable character and most importantly, they will be Mums too. The reason for this is just because I want a real life Mum who has been through the "chores" and demands of raising a family that will understand our objective and have 'first-class intuition' with kids.

I will come with my laptop to each assignments to document each childcare opportunity for improvements.

The terms for each assignment is as follows.

1. Payments will be made upfront starting from the live-in/live-out days. Minimum Assignments will be $650 per week for two families based on assumption of two kids per household. This price is for live ins. You will provide comfortable shelter arrangements Monday through Saturday afternoon. You will also provide meals. You will provide detergents for washing and hair decorating materials for your female kids. Please Male kids will be given "no trouble shave pattern" You will provide clippers for this too. Live out positions will be $500 and the hours will be 7am till 7pm, live-out positions will accomodate 5kids like in ration 3:2 from two/three families. How you want to share the fees should be discussed with the parents. Live out will pick each kids from two other families and bring all the kids together to the agreed homes for each day of the week according to the arrangements of the Mums. Also household chores days will be agreed by Mums.

2. If for any reason one family does not wish to participate, that we will be notified 24hrs prior to the day we are suppose to provide care. Parents who consistently violates and does not respect this 24hrs notice will be removed after 3 cancellation and we will not honor their future request.

3. Materials for hair braiding must be provided. We will not put any harsh chemicals on any child for liability issues. Only African braids please!

4. That you will be respectful and cordial to any Mums that comes care for your kids and treat them the way you will like to be treated.

5. Parents will be responsible for food for caregivers for live-ins ONLY. Live out Nanny not included with food package.

6. You will sign a release of authorization if you require that Nanny takes your child to any activity outside the home.

7. In future, you will be able to log-in and share your Nanny experience with others, give us feedbacks on how we are doing or challenge us on how to improve. All Mums are free to live comments on Nairaland so other Mums will know about the quality of our services and suggestions for improvements.

Please contact me via email "pinknannymums@aol.com" if you are interested about this or if you have any suggestion or special case that I have not mentioned here. Or call me at 215-833-5367. Please leave a message and best time to contact you.

This should be fun Mums, lets save some Money and share care. Its healthy for the kids too!

email: PINKNANNYMUMS@AOL.COM
phone: 215-833-5367

ATTENTION: PRICES FOR CHILDCARE ABOVE IS ONLY FOR MEMBERS OF NAIRALAND. WE WILL COMFIRM THAT YOU ARE MEMBER OF NAIRALAND AND THE REASON IS BECAUSE WE HOPE YOU WILL HELP US WITH YOUR FEEDBACK TO GAIN PUBLICITY WHEN WE GIVE YOU SERVICES AND YOU GIVE US GOOD FEEDBACK HERE.

EVERY OTHER SERVICES POSTED NOT VIA NAIRALAND IS DIFFERENT[b][/b]
Re: CO-SHARE YOUR NANNY, SAVE HUGE ON CHILDCARE. by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 17, 2008
I just want to say its a brilliant idea!!
I live in Nigeria therefore can't be a part of it, but I encourage you to be consistent in the business and in no time it will be a household thingy.
Take care
Re: CO-SHARE YOUR NANNY, SAVE HUGE ON CHILDCARE. by princessk1: 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2008
we r u comin to naija?
Re: CO-SHARE YOUR NANNY, SAVE HUGE ON CHILDCARE. by shopkraft(f): 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2008
@ aysometin,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I have been in that situation and knows how hectic childcare/childbirth can be here with the absence of extended family system network. I've met a lot of women who have stopped at one kid or those who are still undecided on having any at all simply because of cost, stress, and hellish experience from childcare giver, daycare, etc.

For most of us that comes from Africa, the amount of money childcare gulps in a year is simply mind-boggling but even more worrisome is the attitude of people that care for your child while you are at work. They treat you like they are mini-God and you have to put up with a lot of stuff if you want to keep your work. Is not like if you can just call Mummy or Aunt if they tell you to take your child with you to work(God forbid!). Some will treat you so bad that your heart will break everytime you have to leave your kids with someone who clearly can't be bothered about your feelings, what will they do when you turn your back to your child?

I really hope Mums will embrace and tolorate each other to achieve the main objectives of this system which is :-
1. To save cost
2. To enable single kids to interract with other kids in familiar environments.
3. To take power out of the Nanny system and give it back to the Mums who makes their existence possible by working hard to fund/pay them.
Re: CO-SHARE YOUR NANNY, SAVE HUGE ON CHILDCARE. by shopkraft(f): 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2008
@princess K

Do you mean when are we bringing this Co-share Nanny service to Nigeria, ? Pls clarify.

Thanks for the interest.
Re: CO-SHARE YOUR NANNY, SAVE HUGE ON CHILDCARE. by princessk1: 10:09pm On Jul 17, 2008
yep. thats wat i mean.
Re: CO-SHARE YOUR NANNY, SAVE HUGE ON CHILDCARE. by shopkraft(f): 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2008
@princess K

well, that's really flattering, but it seems Nigerian Moms are a little bit better off because of the extended family network system and the practise of house gilr/ house boy set up. This is different in United States so it seems to me that Nigerian Moms may not really see the need for this Co-sharing. Morover I am out of touch with the daycare fees for kids in Nigeria, do you think its as pricy and what we have here Princess K? The average childcare in U.S cost between $100-$140 a week(outside childcare providers) and live in help varies from state to state.
Re: CO-SHARE YOUR NANNY, SAVE HUGE ON CHILDCARE. by princessk1: 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2008
that much huh? maybe i should come over and be one. definately on the high side. its better here even though the ur system could work here too. its a good concept wish u luck
Re: CO-SHARE YOUR NANNY, SAVE HUGE ON CHILDCARE. by shopkraft(f): 12:29am On Jul 22, 2008
@princess K

, lol, really? are u good with kids? The concept of Nanny/domestic help is very different from the one we have back home. Sometimes the reality may be that your Nanny actually have more money in her bank a/c than yours,

Yes, maybe it will work in Nigeria, we'll see,

(1) (Reply)

Why Will A Man Who Was Excited About A Girl Suddenly Blank Out ? / How Long Does It Take To Get A Uk Spouse Visa? / Why Are Mothers More Celebrated Over Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.