Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School (23758 Views)

Atiku Abubakar's April Fool Prank By His Children [PICS] / Breaking News: Katsina Lawmaker Dies / See Photos Of Buhari And His Children In Abuja As They Prepare For The Handover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Victosin09(f): 9:32am On Nov 16, 2013
An exemplenary Leader he is. Am proud of this single action!
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by longjohnsilver: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2013
At last...sometin different and good coming from a politician...a breathe of fresh air...buh make dem no use dis one dey campaign in d next election o cos d next tin we go see for poster be say..."I bought sandals for school children" a vote for me is a vote for sandals...

1 Like

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by IAMBREEZY: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2013
GOD bless him that is a true leader.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by ofiladee(m): 9:34am On Nov 16, 2013
Well done, I even commend him for enrolling his kids in a public school. We should all follow this example and make our country great.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 16, 2013
How many pple for nairaland or nigeria get brain bros? Thanking politicians for not stealing your moni! That sucks!!!! I'm not sure I can vote in this generation!
greatgod2012: This is exactly what we call "leading by example". Not "do as i say and dont do as i do" people.
He'll surely get his reward, with an extension to his children. Amen
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Fadelex(m): 9:35am On Nov 16, 2013
Jenams: hello! Wat is dis praise singin all abt? Did he use his personal money to buy d sandals for all d kids or state govt money? To me, he is doin dat to secure his wards for security purpose. He was nt elected to buy shoes but to develop edu infrasture and provide other social amenities.
did u read the article or u just can't comprehend it? when did it become the responsibility of a lawmaker to provide social amenities or infrastructure? the man deserves to be encouraged. only if our legislooters will send their children to public schools they would have known that ASUU is on strike for 4 months now

4 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by redcliff: 9:36am On Nov 16, 2013
dridowu: Can ds ever happen in my con3 ? I guess NO. Most of our public office holders will reject it outrightly

She that is talking, can she send her kids to a public scholl. Abeg, ake she park well abeg
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Polio: 9:37am On Nov 16, 2013
Impressive... I read about this last week, Good man.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by IAMBREEZY: 9:39am On Nov 16, 2013
I totally agree with you without demur.
simpleseyi:

There is a reward for everything we all do. This man shall be rewarded by God here on earth and after death. IBB has gotten part of his own reward because Maryam who stole with him and who did not advise him against looting the treasury has been taken away by death. Augustus Aikhiomu who also stole with IBB has been taken away by prostrate cancer. Jonathan lost his half brother, Dame Sheppopotamus lost her adopted mother to the road her husband refused to fix. All those that turned our youths to kidnappers, yahoo-yahoo and armed robbers shall be rewarded. Abdulsalami and Akhigbe shared all oil blocks among themselves, Obasanjo had to cancel the allocation and re-allocated to himself (Obasanjo) and his co-looters. Obasanjo and Abdulsalami just bought Ikeja and Lagos distribution zones of PHCN using our stolen wealth, how much is the total of their life savings as military officers and ex-presidents that can now afford to buy PHCN? All those that are sucking the masses blood through looting of the common wealth shall be rewarded. Sanni Abacha, Wada Nas, Stella Obasanjo,
Segun Agagu, Sola Saraki, Fashola's father, Yisa Yuguda's sister, Patrick Azazi Owoye and others are gone, we are expecting other looters including Tinubu, IBB, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, TY Danjuma, Jerimiah Oseni, Gbenga Daniel, Alao-Akala, DSP Alams, Joshua Dariye, Sani Yerima, the C-in-C (I no mention name oo), Theodora Orji, Segun Oni, Abubakar Audu, Stella Oduah and others to DO THE NEEDFUL by adding RIP to their names as God commands.

THIS LAWMAKER IS BLESSED HERE ON EARTH AND AFTER DEATH. I AM HAPPY FOR HIM. WHILE SOME RULERS ARE RECEIVING CURSES, HE IS RECEIVING PRAYERS.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by cj1080(m): 9:39am On Nov 16, 2013
Could I ask that every month, theses law makers both those in state and federal have a trust pull where some money be deposited for purchasing items to improve the children around them.

Particularly public schools. You should see the state of some of these schools and the plight of their pupils.

I believe a cause like this would force government to actually do its job.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by mmmustapha(m): 9:39am On Nov 16, 2013
there are so many unknown great leaders in this country, this 1 is of them. all human beings are equal, only d greedy ones try 2 differ.

1 Like

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by lastmessenger: 9:44am On Nov 16, 2013
simpleseyi:

There is a reward for everything we all do. This man shall be rewarded by God here on earth and after death. IBB has gotten part of his own reward because Maryam who stole with him and who did not advise him against looting the treasury has been taken away by death. Augustus Aikhiomu who also stole with IBB has been taken away by prostrate cancer. Jonathan lost his half brother, Dame Sheppopotamus lost her adopted mother to the road her husband refused to fix. All those that turned our youths to kidnappers, yahoo-yahoo and armed robbers shall be rewarded. Abdulsalami and Akhigbe shared all oil blocks among themselves, Obasanjo had to cancel the allocation and re-allocated to himself (Obasanjo) and his co-looters. Obasanjo and Abdulsalami just bought Ikeja and Lagos distribution zones of PHCN using our stolen wealth, how much is the total of their life savings as military officers and ex-presidents that can now afford to buy PHCN? All those that are sucking the masses blood through looting of the common wealth shall be rewarded. Sanni Abacha, Wada Nas, Stella Obasanjo,
Segun Agagu, Sola Saraki, Fashola's father, Yisa Yuguda's sister, Patrick Azazi Owoye and others are gone, we are expecting other looters including Tinubu, IBB, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, TY Danjuma, Jerimiah Oseni, Gbenga Daniel, Alao-Akala, DSP Alams, Joshua Dariye, Sani Yerima, the C-in-C (I no mention name oo), Theodora Orji, Segun Oni, Abubakar Audu, Stella Oduah and others to DO THE NEEDFUL by adding RIP to their names as God commands.

THIS LAWMAKER IS BLESSED HERE ON EARTH AND AFTER DEATH. I AM HAPPY FOR HIM. WHILE SOME RULERS ARE RECEIVING CURSES, HE IS RECEIVING PRAYERS.
please remove obasanjo from the list.i love baba
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by akereconfi: 9:45am On Nov 16, 2013
abes:

Though I'm an ex-Christian, but I don't want to believe God rewards evil with deaths, people die when it is their time to die e.g da'grin, goldie, dana air crash victims etc.

who asked you about your religion?? You just wanna bring religious BASHING..................................smh
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by LeStylo: 9:46am On Nov 16, 2013
It remains incontestable, incontrovertible, indisputable, undeniable, irrefutable, unassailable, beyond dispute, unquestionable, beyond question, indubitable that APC (though filled with its own shortcomings too) still parades averagely better public officers than any other political party at every level of governance.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by akereconfi: 9:46am On Nov 16, 2013
Be blessed by what ever you believe in............................................one of the Best Topics I have seen this year
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Queendo(f): 9:46am On Nov 16, 2013
I was moved and shed tears. May God bless him

1 Like

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by tintingz(m): 9:47am On Nov 16, 2013
Jenams: hello! Wat is dis praise singin all abt? Did he use his personal money to buy d sandals for all d kids or state govt money? To me, he is doin dat to secure his wards for security purpose. He was nt elected to buy shoes but to develop edu infrasture and provide other social amenities.
And how many politicians in nigeria will do what he did? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by akraym(m): 9:48am On Nov 16, 2013
All na wash. The guy dey take style campaign
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by LeStylo: 9:49am On Nov 16, 2013
I'm currently reading the book - UNFINISHED GREATNESS, a biography of Awolowo and how he withdrew his children into public schools at the start of the UPE in the 50s. His words, if it is good enough for them, it must be good enough for the government officials; Its the only way our world can be a better place.

1 Like

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by enny09: 9:50am On Nov 16, 2013
if all our politician can send dia child to our public school, use our Public hospital, travel on our public roads, nigeria will b a better place because dia family will b able to explain to the politician what they pass through daily, and not someone else in dia cabinet that will b lying to them

2 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by tintingz(m): 9:52am On Nov 16, 2013
thisisayus: U are a f00l! Organise a party to celebrate him for spending your moni on u! Mumu wif f9cking naija mentality! I hate daft pple in my life!!!
You are the biggest mumu and phool! Can you start mentioning the politicians that send their children to public schools, a school that children doesn't wear sandals to class?
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by LeStylo: 9:53am On Nov 16, 2013
akraym: All na wash. The guy dey take style campaign
Remove your kids to a public school to feel the pains of the kids that attend such schools then. Too bad, you are only a kid yourself and have absolutely no sense of history to know we had had better days in this very country in the past. I only hope and pray things get back in shape. It would be disastrous for the future generation if Babangida's or Obasanjo's "regime" is the best of good time they ever witnessed all their lives.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Nicepoker(m): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2013
God bless that daughter of his.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 16, 2013
..For those who believe he used stolen fund.I say its possible. but he used it for his owñ ppl that's the difference. When our leaders send der kids to public schools the will provide better facilities Allowing d children of TalaKawas to have a shot. in lyf ..
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by bandely(m): 9:58am On Nov 16, 2013
Contract inflation and corruption have really affected this country. Did you notice where the man said that when they told him the there are 800 students, he thought he won't be able to afford it. But when they told him it is only 230 thousand naira, he felt relieved and even decided to do it in other schools.
Thus a sandal must have gone for about ~290 naira which is around the price it sells for in the market. Thanks to the principal who didn't inflate the price, and to other Nigerians who wants the best for this country.

I pray other politicians can replicate the action of enrolling their children in public schools, and further pay attention to the development of such schools.

Education is the key to national development and like Victor Hugo said "he that opens the doors of a school closes a prison."

1 Like

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by akereconfi: 9:59am On Nov 16, 2013
make the PIKIN go the school complete o..............make them no use this one as Publicity Stunt o.....................2015 don dey come
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by abacusCm(m): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2013
whether he used his money or govt money to buy the sandals,we are less concernd.what we are saying is that let other leaders emulate this man afterall some of them embezzled billionaires of naira without doing anything for the masses.For him to take his children to public sch,he needs to be applauded.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by freeradical(m): 10:12am On Nov 16, 2013
thisisayus: Wif pple like u, nigeria is not going anywhere in centuries to come. MUST WE CELEBRATE POLITICIANS FOR PEANUT? Arghhh!!!
Bros calm down. i understand your frustration but the point ur fellow nigerians are making is that many politicians today are still looting our treasury and not even giving anything back to the masses that put them there so what this lawmaker did is still very much worthy of commendation and emulation. Just imagine of all our lawmakers follow thios same path, dnt you think our education sector will be revamp. You dnt need to insult pple here just listen to be able to grab the other man's point. Peace bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Full Text Of President Jonathan 8th Presidential Media Chat Today / Isaac Alfa Wins Kogi East Senatorial Rerun Election / ASUU Opposes Nigeria Prof’s Sacking, Detention In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.