Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School (23760 Views)

Atiku Abubakar's April Fool Prank By His Children [PICS] / Breaking News: Katsina Lawmaker Dies / See Photos Of Buhari And His Children In Abuja As They Prepare For The Handover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by simpleseyi: 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
Here is an opposite scenario.

ALLEGED N3bn FRAUD: GOVERNOR's PA SLUMPS TO DEATH AS EFCC SHIFTS PROBE TO KEBBI.

A personal assistant to the Kebbi State governor unexpectedly slumped to death on Thursday in Birni Kebbi, allegedly after getting signals that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was closing in on him in respect of a N3billion fraud in the accounts of the state government.

Aminu Gwandu, was due for burial yesterday according to Islamic rites.

However, his death did not stop the commission from arresting the state’s Accountant-General, Mr. Dan Atto in connection with the matter.

Atto was taken to Abuja for interrogation.

Atto was invited by the EFCC to throw light on the alleged diversion of the N3 billion into private accounts.

It was learnt that the late Aminu Gwandu was apparently scared stiff by signals that he too might be invited by the agency,especially the stigma that goes with such interface with the anti-graft agency.

A source said the development was said to have hit him like a thunderbolt. His health soon deteriorated and he slumped.

He died before he could get medical assistance.

The Accountant-General of the state, who initially appeared at the EFCC’s office in Kano, reported again yesterday.

He was immediately arrested and whisked to Abuja for interrogation.

A source in EFCC, however, said: “There was no incident relating to the EFCC on the appearance and arrest of Atto.

“We are investigating alleged laundering of N3billion which we have traced to some accounts. We are quizzing many suspects including the Accountant-General, Atto.

“After reporting in Kano, our men picked him up for a comprehensive grilling in Abuja.”

The Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said Atto was in “EFCC custody to clarify some issues.”

Goveror Saidu Usman Dakingari could not be reached for his reaction last night.

SOURCE: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/alleged-n3bn-fraud-governors-pa-slumps-death-efcc-shifts-probe-kebbi-2/
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
After school the kids ride around in his luxury car and return home to their huge luxury mansion where they could do extra studies and homework on state-of-the-art computers with high speed Internet and uninterrupted electricity supply.

However providing it is not just a publicity stunt, then he should be praised for his little contribution but it would also be helpful if he can demonstrate how he is using his office as a lawmaker to improve education in his state and Nigeria as a whole.

1 Like

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by pawa4ul: 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
baba11: Simpleseyi has given u complete response i would have loved to give u but let me add mine.African mentality and nigerian factors has almost rob us of our thinking.I can't see any reason to praise somebody u chose to lead you.For God's sake,he's doing his work and how does this cost compare to allocation he was given?The day we begin to challenge our leaders on how they lead us,is the day we are moving inch by inch to our so callled 'promised land'!
That he bought sandals and socks is not the reason people are singing praises and praying for him, but for having the sense of both justice, empathy and equity that made him send his children to public school is what people are commending. That way, he as a law maker can know the quality of education that is inherent in his locality. God guide him.

2 Likes

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by andyanders: 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ad€mOlA:
God bless dis man.....

Yesoooooooooooooooo. May God bless him and his family in Jesus Name, Amen. I know he is a muslim, but I have to pray for him because this man has shown love across as I believe that we still have some Christians that benefited from his show of love for mankind.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by azezola(m): 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
Jzk
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by adconline(m): 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
The moral of this story is that the Lawmaker's kids empathised with fellow pupils; they have a sense of compassion, equity, fairness and love for the fellow kids. So kids get it better but adults don't.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by ASL33: 3:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
Where did he get the money to buy those sandals from?
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by barbstee(m): 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
May Allaah reward him accordingly,but is Aregbe doing the same thing?
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by firstolalekan(m): 3:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
[size=18pt]Make in try am for niger-delta.... Dem go show am howfar grin cheesy grin[/size]
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by baba11(m): 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
ASL33: Where did he get the money to buy those sandals from?
....exactly my question,where?can anyone answer me?
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Sagamite(m): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2013
GenBuhari: [s]After school the kids ride around in his luxury car and return home to their huge luxury mansion where they could do extra studies and homework on state-of-the-art computers with high speed Internet and uninterrupted electricity supply.[/s]

However providing it is not just a publicity stunt, then he should be praised for his little contribution but it would also be helpful if he can demonstrate how he is using his office as a lawmaker to improve education in his state and Nigeria as a whole.

Your post would have made more sense if you were just intelligent enough not to include the comments crossed-out.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
Jenams: hello! Wat is dis praise singin all abt? Did he use his personal money to buy d sandals for all d kids or state govt money? To me, he is doin dat to secure his wards for security purpose. He was nt elected to buy shoes but to develop edu infrasture and provide other social amenities.
u r not familier with politics of katsina state. this man is an opposition lawmaker in a state whose treasury is controlled exclusively by a PDP led governor. even the PDP lawmakers may not hv enough frm the gvt treasury
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Juwonlo00(f): 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ad€mOlA:
God bless dis man.....
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by elijah24(m): 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
if d amn no buy am b4 e get wetin we for fit do am abi wen jonathan no answer ASUU sice wtin we fit do am?we shud commend good gesture dat way some we know wat to do bikos d exceesss money is confusing our politicians
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by dynatress: 6:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
elijah24: if d amn no buy am b4 e get wetin we for fit do am abi wen jonathan no answer ASUU sice wtin we fit do am?we shud commend good gesture dat way some we know wat to do bikos d exceesss money is confusing our politicians
elijah24: if d amn no buy am b4 e get wetin we for fit do am abi wen jonathan no answer ASUU sice wtin we fit do am?we shud commend good gesture dat way some we know wat to do bikos d exceesss money is confusing our politicians
why did you give me so much trouble trying to read your post?

1 Like

Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by pat4: 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
You know I have said this before,if and only if the policy can be amended that every government office holder in Nigeria beginning from the lower to top most top office which is the presidency.Will be mandated to make sure all their children school in Nigeria and it must be government schools,this will be the revolution we need in the area of education.
there will be the best , of teachers and the most quality education in this country... All this straik thing will be gone forever... I sincerely wish this happen soonest... And God bless this man that has shown this wonderful examples..
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by rahamAllah: 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
baba11: Simpleseyi has given u complete response i would have loved to give u but let me add mine.African mentality and nigerian factors has almost rob us of our thinking.I can't see any reason to praise somebody u chose to lead you.For God's sake,he's doing his work and how does this cost compare to allocation he was given?The day we begin to challenge our leaders on how they lead us,is the day we are moving inch by inch to our so callled 'promised land'!
Considering the current Nigeria leadership situation and their impetus, I call your statement discouraging and ingrate. Despite the fact that its true when observing as a foreigner.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by vicoloni(m): 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
In a sane society devoid of corruption, what this lawmaker did is not a big deal but in today's Nigeria he is a hero because we have a culture of morbid corruption at all levels.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by hippyzuki(f): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
simpleseyi:

There is a reward for everything we all do. This man shall be rewarded by God here on earth and after death. IBB has gotten part of his own reward because Maryam who stole with him and who did not advise him against looting the treasury has been taken away by death. Augustus Aikhiomu who also stole with IBB has been taken away by prostrate cancer. Jonathan lost his half brother, Dame Sheppopotamus lost her adopted mother to the road her husband refused to fix. All those that turned our youths to kidnappers, yahoo-yahoo and armed robbers shall be rewarded. Abdulsalami and Akhigbe shared all oil blocks among themselves, Obasanjo had to cancel the allocation and re-allocated to himself (Obasanjo) and his co-looters. Obasanjo and Abdulsalami just bought Ikeja and Lagos distribution zones of PHCN using our stolen wealth, how much is the total of their life savings as military officers and ex-presidents that can now afford to buy PHCN? All those that are sucking the masses blood through looting of the common wealth shall be rewarded. Sanni Abacha, Wada Nas, Stella Obasanjo,
Segun Agagu, Sola Saraki, Fashola's father, Yisa Yuguda's sister, Patrick Azazi Owoye and others are gone, we are expecting other looters including Tinubu, IBB, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, TY Danjuma, Jerimiah Oseni, Gbenga Daniel, Alao-Akala, DSP Alams, Joshua Dariye, Sani Yerima, the C-in-C (I no mention name oo), Theodora Orji, Segun Oni, Abubakar Audu, Stella Oduah and others to DO THE NEEDFUL by adding RIP to their names as God commands.

THIS LAWMAKER IS BLESSED HERE ON EARTH AND AFTER DEATH. I AM HAPPY FOR HIM. WHILE SOME RULERS ARE RECEIVING CURSES, HE IS RECEIVING PRAYERS.
you forgot to add igbinedion
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
May ALLAH reward him abundantly. This is the kind of mindset I want all our politicians to have and that they should not forget that they will die one day.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
simpleseyi:

There is a reward for everything we all do. This man shall be rewarded
by God here on earth and after death. IBB has gotten part of his own
reward because Maryam who stole with him and who did not advise him
against looting the treasury has been taken away by death. Augustus
Aikhiomu who also stole with IBB has been taken away by prostrate
cancer. Jonathan lost his half brother, Dame Sheppopotamus lost her
adopted mother to the road her husband refused to fix. All those that
turned our youths to kidnappers, yahoo-yahoo and armed robbers shall be
rewarded. Abdulsalami and Akhigbe shared all oil blocks among
themselves, Obasanjo had to cancel the allocation and re-allocated to
himself (Obasanjo) and his co-looters. Obasanjo and Abdulsalami just
bought Ikeja and Lagos distribution zones of PHCN using our stolen
wealth, how much is the total of their life savings as military
officers and ex-presidents that can now afford to buy PHCN? All those
that are sucking the masses blood through looting of the common wealth
shall be rewarded. Sanni Abacha, Wada Nas, Stella Obasanjo,
Segun Agagu, Sola Saraki, Fashola's father, Yisa Yuguda's sister,
Patrick Azazi Owoye and others are gone, we are expecting other looters
including Tinubu, IBB, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, TY Danjuma, Jerimiah
Oseni, Gbenga Daniel, Alao-Akala, DSP Alams, Joshua Dariye, Sani Yerima,
the C-in-C (I no mention name oo), Theodora Orji, Segun Oni, Abubakar
Audu, Stella Oduah and others to DO THE NEEDFUL by adding RIP to their
names as God commands.

THIS LAWMAKER IS BLESSED HERE ON EARTH AND AFTER DEATH. I AM HAPPY FOR
HIM. WHILE SOME RULERS ARE RECEIVING CURSES, HE IS RECEIVING
PRAYERS.

Good but not only prayer we can wish them cos all of us will die too. How abt wishing them leprosy of d highest order? grin
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Ololade12(f): 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
Jenams: hello! Wat is dis praise singin all abt? Did he use his personal money to buy d sandals for all d kids or state govt money? To me, he is doin dat to secure his wards for security purpose. He was nt elected to buy shoes but to develop edu infrasture and provide other social amenities.
come on don't say dat, wat abt pple who av dis money an are greedy abt It even when d money belong to d government. Dis man has tried a lot and am sure he will do more better when he have d money.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by emmanuelmichael(m): 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
Tears of joy. Sacrificing out of what u ve is human nature, but sacrificing all of what u ve needs a lot of LOVE. Nowadays people always think of what they can get in return before giving, if the return is less than their giving then they will be reluctant to give. Always think of what you can do to help/assist others and not just what u can get from them like my OGA AT THE TOP DID
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Luckysoul(m): 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
baba11: You are perfectly on course,i love alot the same mindset people like you.Just to chip in mine now:do u remember one hausa man like that that Abacha regime 'dashed' oil blocks,sold one of it for 1billion dollars,wasted half of the money.He now un-ashamed came out and tell us he didn't know what he would do with the remaining 500millions dollars.Can u ever think of that?In a situation where poverty has permeates every nooks and crannies of our society.May God help we the masses to fight for our right in this country!
amen oo
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by satowind(m): 1:39am On Nov 17, 2013

Fool lyk u if he didn't do it wat will u do? Wat will all those kids do? Dose dat didn't do it wat hv u done. Only u nah fool if u tink dat man don't deserve gods blessing. Dere was no money in dere allocation 4 sandals 4 students he did it out of his own pocket mumu.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by satowind(m): 1:44am On Nov 17, 2013
abes:

Though I'm an ex-Christian, but I don't want to believe God rewards evil with deaths, people die when it is their time to die e.g da'grin, goldie, dana air crash victims etc.

Thank u my brother some people tink God is an assassin.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by satowind(m): 1:47am On Nov 17, 2013
seangy4konji: OO BOY..I say amen to your prayers ooo....Na one by one dem go die oo..I no want turn yy boy oo,i finished school serve a no see job ooooooooo...God help Nigeria.

U didn't pass well or u are too lazy to look 4 de ryt job well.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by juliebest(f): 3:16am On Nov 17, 2013
God bless this man and his family.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by Nasige(m): 6:31am On Nov 17, 2013
An in great like u,4 once b appreciative.
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by femoDee: 6:55am On Nov 17, 2013
Fadelex: this story is touching.... can u imagine the kids don't wanna wear sandals because their mates are using slippers while some are barely footed. this is what I've been clamouring for. if children of all lesgislooters, ministers, special advisers, permanent secretaries, and other high ranking government officials are in public universities, ASUU strike woulda been thing of the past.
let president Jonathan lead by example by withdrawing his children from American International school, gudu district and enrol them in GSS, tundun wada, zone 4.
Obama's children are attending elementary school that average Americans are going. God bless the lawmaker
Re: The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School by deols(f): 8:57am On Nov 17, 2013
simpleseyi:

How then do w explain this? My grandmother is 108 years old (she was born in 1905), she still plays ball with my 2 year old boy. Going to about 40 years that I have known her, she has gone to hospital just 3 times. The last time she forced us to take her to hospital, she complained to the doctor that she gets tired whenever she walks about 1 kilometer, the doctor told her that he, the doctor was about 38 years old and he gets tired whenever he walks same distance.

Tinubu went abroad to do kneel surgery the other time, impatience Jonathan too died and resurrected in a German hospital, Atiku Abubakar went abroad to treat himself for falling down in his private gym, Mike Aikhigbe died in a foreign hospital. Mrs Clara Chime is in psychologically imbalance, but MY GRANDMOTHER IS STILL PLAYING BALL. Come to my house tomorrow if you want to play ball with my 108 years old grandmother grin grin

Former Sultan of Sokoto Maccido died in a plane crash, his son and grandson too died in the same crash. That same plane had 3 daughters of former Kogi state governor Idris the Carpenter, all the 3 daughters came out alive with no injury.

Do you mean that the Kogi man is a saint?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015 Presidential Election Ballot Papers Found In London / Buhari To Meet His Doctor In Paris On Saturday - Sahara Reporters / Niger Delta Avengers Are Criminals! - Ateke Tom says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.